South Louisiana Virtuosi - South Louisiana Wedding Music

South Louisiana Virtuosi - South Louisiana Wedding Music

Favorite
Baton Rouge, LA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We hired Dorela for a string trio for our ceremony. It was definitely one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding. I am not an emotional person, but when I got close enough to the church to hear their beautiful music, I couldn't help but tear up. I do not regret splurging on music at all. Dorela and the other musicians are incredibly kind and professional. I would highly recommend them!

Megan
12/31/2013

Perfect choice!! There is a timeless, beautiful, classy, personal atmosphere that can only be created by live music and these musicians were amazing! From my first correspondence they were professional and very kind! The classical music for the ceremony was just graceful. Not to mention that the combination the joyous event combined with the beautiful music caused me to cry as I was escorted down the isle! As for the reception, they even went above and beyond to learn two songs that I requested at a short notice. One being our 1st dance and the other a song that my grandfather sang at all of his children and grandchildren weddings! Not only did they participate in keeping our family tradition alive, this was the 1st time in over 8 weddings that my grandfather sang with live musicians! They performed at both my ceremony and reception flawlessly and had a wonderful selection of music from classical, jazz, pop, rock, seasonal and many more! In person and appearance they are sweet friendly people who are very professional and considerate to any request! If you are needing music for any event I would hesitate contacting these musician!!

Megan
11/02/2013

Dorela was wonderful to work with. She was quick to answer any questions I had. She also had plenty of suggestions and helpful advice to make my wedding ceremony run smoothly. Everything turned out to be absolutely beautiful and perfect. I would definitely recommend the trio to everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Dorela with South Louisiana Wedding Music was fantastic to work with!!! She was so quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had throughout my wedding planning. She also had great suggestions to make my wedding ceremony perfect. I used the string trio for my ceremony and the music was absolutely beautiful; I had many people comment on how wonderful the trio was. I am 100% satisfied and would definitely recommend them to anyone needing music for an event.

Laura
10/04/2013

Perfect ! I couldn't have asked for better service, and the music was beautiful.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

We had South Louisiana Wedding Music play for our ceremony and the reception at White Oak Plantation, and we are so glad we went this route. For our recessional, my husband requested they play the finale theme song in the Legend of Zelda. For those the guests that recognized it, they were absolutely amazed by it. It was something so different, and will be something we never forget. And when I passed them going back down the aisle with my husband, they all looked so happy to be playing it! The reception turned out to be a big hit with the string quartet. We asked them to play mainly pop songs. The guests had so much fun trying to figure out the songs. One minute it was Lady Gaga and the next Beyonce! Everyone had so much, and could visit with one another without a loud DJ playing in the background. Thank you for such a wonderful night Dorela!

South Louisiana Virtuosi - South Louisiana Wedding Music responded with the following comments:

ohh Sarah we had so much fun at the reception ! Thank You so much !!! :)))

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Private User
1+ year ago
4.7

South Louisiana Wedding Music was great! Dorela always answered my emails back immediately, and was very flexible. I had to change my wedding date, and a lot of other stuff changed, but she worked with me very welll! The music they played was beautiful. I had a violin, harp, and cello trio during the wedding ceremony. I recommend them, and their prices are more reasonable than anyone else in the area!!

Ashley :) I am glad all worked out, we showed up, church had enough place to fit us, all diferent from your nightmares !!! BTW particulary that wedding took my attention, you guys were all beautiful, pretty people, what is that , the water in that little town ? Thank You

Private User
2+ years ago

I had a full Catholic mass for my wedding ceremony in my small hometown church. I was looking for something that would be acceptable in church, but would make my wedding special. A coworker referred me to Dorela for a string trio, and I'm so glad that she did. Dorela was prompt in all of her communication with me, and I usually had a reply by email within 24 hours or less. She was very professional and easy to get along with, and she helped to make the process of choosing ceremony music much less daunting. She provided a list of songs for me, and let me know which ones were more appropriate for a church ceremony. I even chose one song that was not on the list for my bridal processional, and she was happy to play that as well. The week before the wedding I requested a meeting with her, and she went over the final details for the ceremony with me. On the day of the wedding, we were standing in the bridal suite and we heard music over the speakers in the church, and my mom asked if someone had started playing a cd. Turns out, it was the string trio playing already as my guests arrived to the church. They played beautifully for the ceremony, and were dressed professionally with church appropriate attire. They even improvised during the ceremony for parts where I had forgotten to ask for them to play music (i.e. during the lighting of the unity candle). We were all pleased with their services. I would recommend them highly!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I am so pleased with South Louisiana Wedding Music! Dorela is a sweetheart. She responded to every email I sent in just a couple of hours. The songs i requested had significant meanings but none of them were on the song list. I was prepared to change my songs but Dorela informed me that she found sheet music for all my songs! I received so many compliments on how well the sound and how professional they were! I am so happy they were apart of my day!

Ashley & Jacob
03/23/2013

South Louisiana Wedding Music was a fantastic choice for our ceremony music! They took special requests, were very professional and we received many, many compliments on them. They have a large repertoire and are very accommodating. All of the musicians were dressed very nicely. I cannot say enough good things about them. They are highly recommended. We could not have been happier with out selection.

Brad
12/12/2012

Was easy to work with and quality was fantastic!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

This is by far the best musicians you could hire. Extremely professional and organized. Dorela was always there when I had questions and made planning so easy by suggesting songs and helping me. The day of the wedding, they absolutely set the mood into something magical and so romantic. The guests loved it! They also played at the cocktail hour which was so perfect and set the mood. After I went to personally thank them and they were so sweet and kind and just made my night. THE BEST!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I was incredibly pleased with South Louisiana Wedding Music. The musicians were very talented, professional, and wonderful to work with. The wedding guests are still talking about how beautiful the music was and how much their performance made the wedding ceremony memorable! I would recommend this group to all my friends and family! Pleased beyond words!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

South Louisiana Wedding Music is a wonderful choice for any event. My husband and I chose a duo of piano/trumpet and cello to play at our wedding and we couldn't have been more amazed at their talent. We received several compliments from our guests but the best one I can give is from the two of us...Your music truly made our wedding day more memorable! Dorela is very quick to respond to calls and emails which made planning our wedding run so smoothly since we were out of state. I highly recommend South Louisiana Wedding Music for all future brides!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

South Louisiana Wedding Music was just wonderful. From the time we first contacted them until their services were complete they were very prompt, efficient and professional. They were easy to work with, but best of all their music was wonderful. It added so much to my daughter's wedding. It could not have been more perfect. They worked with us in choosing the music and advised us as to what might work best. They showed up timely and were extremely professional. I could not have been more pleased. They get an excellent rating from me.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I was beyond pleased with South Louisiana Wedding Music. The music was gorgeous and Dorela was super easy to work with. I only told her once what songs I wanted played and she took care of the rest. She was completely professional and responded to emails promptly. They arrived on time to the ceremony and played each song at the correct time and on cue. I would absolutely recommend these guys to anyone looking for a string trio for their wedding. I could not have asked for a better experience!