South Gate Manor

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The South Gate Manor was the most beautiful place with the most professional people owning and working there! My husband and I had our wedding there on June 7 2015 and I was so happy with our experience! The ceremony was beautiful ...the grounds and the landscaping was beautiful! Bobby, Bob, and Lizette are the best, I could not have asked for better hosts! They were so nice and so helpful! I could not be happier with our experience at the South Gate Manor ..and a big thanks to Matthew Marino and Mr Marino Sr.!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Daughter was married at the South Gate Manor on Saturday, June 6, 2015. I have been to many weddings over my 60 years and nothing compares to the South Gate Manor. Absolutely everyone loved it! Words can never fully express how happy I am for how everything turned our. Everything was excellent. Matthew and Chris Marino promised the world and they delivered. Bobby the Maitre d' ........no one better. Jennifer, the Bridal attendant.......outstanding! The entire staff were outstanding. LISTEN TO ME THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO IF YOU WANT TO ENSURE AN EXCELLENT WEDDING FOR YOUR CHILD! Look no further

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We wanted to have our wedding at South Gate Manor ever since we went to a wedding there about 2 years ago! We immediately fell in love with the place. How could you not? It's beautiful! The Marinos are wonderful to work with and they were so accommodating to all our requests and needs. They truly worked with us to make our day spectacular...and that was just before the wedding! At the wedding, I was blown away even more so with how professional everyone was. Bobby and our Bridal Attendant were AMAZING! They helped us step by step with where we had to be...they made sure we truly enjoyed every second of our wedding...they laughed with us and helped us calm our nerves...They were truly the best! I don't think I would've stayed as calm without them there! Thank You South Gate Manor for truly making all of our dreams come true! I hope to get invited to a wedding there in the near future:-)!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

not because it was our wedding but the southgate manor have us the best wedding we could of ever dreamed of!!!!it was a pleasure working with Chris and Matthew,they made our night one to remember..the service was top of the line,people are still calling me about how delicious the food was and the Venitian room looked like willy wonkas factory!!!! Hands down the best venue in new jersey!!! Anyone looking for a venue stop looking,southgate manor it is!!

1 person found this review helpful

I just don't even have words for how amazing everything was. From start to finish, everything my husband and I envisioned for our wedding day came true with South Gate. Jennifer our bridal attendant was there for EVERYTHING we needed and about 10 seconds ahead of us. The whole SGM team is amazing. Brian and I are SO thankful we spent our wedding day in the hands of true professionals and people we considered like family.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just recently had our wedding at the South Gate Manor and it was amazing! The place is amazing, the food is amazing, and the staff is amazing.

Recently Married

My children had their reception there, there are no words to express how wonderful it was. Everything was beyond our expectations. The room was magnificent the service incredible, every member of the staff was wonderful and extremely attentive to our family and guests. I would recommend this venue to everyone I know and anyone who reads this, the food was wonderful from the cocktail hour to the deserts. We couldn't have asked for more. We're truly thankful for everything they've done for us. Their flowers, wedding cake all top notch!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Photography

I truly could not have asked for a better wedding and south gate plays a large role in that statement. First of all, the grounds are beautiful and constantly maintained. The place is immaculate and smells clean the second you enter, even when a party is not going on. The staff is AMAZING. Matthew, primarily dealt with me and my husband. He treated us like we were a part of his extended family. The staff is extremely professional and returns phone calls/emails promptly if you reach out, which when you're getting married really puts you at ease. Something I love about SGM is that they can arrange all of your needs, photography, music, & flowers are among the list of services they provide. Stephanie handled our flowers cake, and decor. her and I instantly clicked and I felt completely like everything was taken care of and in good hands that on my wedding day everyone was asking how I was so calm. The flowers were gorgeous, the room looked beautiful down to the smallest detail. Now, for the big day. We got there and Jennifer and Bobby introduced themselves as the bridal attendant and maître d. My bustle had broke and Jennifer got down on her hands and knees to help me, which made me feel terrible, but. For her to fix something as big as that was a life saver. Your wedding you never eat right? Wrong. We opted for the mozzarella addition and since I said I was excited about it, Jennifer made sure numerous times to come find us in the cocktail hour so we could have a taste of the goodness. Before our entrance she and Bobby prepped us for what was going to happen when we entered. Bobby took care of my parents all night, no one needed a thing and if they did he or Jennifer were right there with the solution. The food does NOT taste like banquet food. It tastes just like what your grandma cooked on Sundays. My guests raved about SGM, and we can't wait to attend another function here. Service top notch, facility, food, experience - unforgettable.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Wonderful experience with special credit to Bobby and Diana! Matthew was a pleasure to work with during the planning part, but boy did Bobby and Diana make our wedding day so special. I did not have to worry about ANYTHING, from drinks, to make up, to mints, tissues, advil and going to the bathroom they had me covered! They truly made our experience a fantastic one! The food delicious, hot and plentiful! Our guests were wow'd by the dessert and our ceremony went off without a hitch outside! It was gorgeous! So happy we chose South Gate. Definitely a little pricy for the location, BUT 110% worth EVERY penny!! We can't wait to be guests at a wedding there!!

Recently Married

Nothing short of Amazing on anything. TRUE ITALIAN FOOD! Matre D is amazing and they really take care of everything. Event is super clean and they care for every person in the room!

1+ year ago

John and I had our wedding at the South Gate on 5/31/14 and it was beyond what we could have ever imagined! From the time we stepped foot into the building, until the final good nights, we felt like superstars! Bobby and Jennifer were amazing and so helpful! They set up a wonderful spead upstairs for us and the bridal party to enjoy while we were taking pictures and waiting for the cocktail hour to start! They also helped usher us through all of our photos we took on property! Cocktail hour was like a dream....so much delicious food! Every guest was raving about it all while enjoying the nice weather outside on the patio area. The reception was beautiful and the food and desserts just as delicious as we would have imagined! We have guests calling our wedding "Epic" and "Extravagant". All of that would not have been possible without Matthew who was there with us since we signed the contract in 2012, his brother Chris who was there to help as well, Bobby and Jennifer. Thanks to you all we had the wedding of a lifetime!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at south gate last Saturday and it was everything I dreamed of and more. The food was exceptional. It started to rain for the ceremony so I loved Chris idea to have the ceremony still outside in the front. I have to say the best part of my experience with south gate was bobby who went above and beyond for myself and my now husband. He is such a wonderful person and kept me calm and cool the entire time. He was always there to provide me with anything I needed. What a wonderful member of your staff you have in him. Thanks again foer everything, I wish I could do it all over again

Corinne and Bill Hunnell

1+ year ago

I went to this place prior to being engaged and my husband back then told me this is where we are going to get married. After we got engaged we came straight to south gate manor and booked them. They are such pleasant people to work with and the service is impeccable. Bobby and the bridal attendant were amazing and the party went so smoothly. The food was amazing between the cocktail hour and Venetian. People say they don't eat at their own wedding but my husband and I made it a point to eat every course. I love this place!!!

1+ year ago

Organization was amazing!! When ever you asked for something the response was amazing... Friendly and pleasant... The entire night... Food was great.. Had an incredible time..

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

South Gate Manor made our wedding day perfect! Chris and Matt made planning very easy for us. They were very helpful throughout the process. All of our guests still rave about the food and atmosphere. We highly recommend South Gate Manor!

Christina
01/18/2014

The team at South Gate did an amazing job. They really did not leave a single detail out. Chris made sure that we would have all of our needs met that day by being very specific with his questions. The staff was very helpful to us. If cards went missing, they found them. They were also very flexible, allowing us an additional 10 minutes for cocktail hour so that our bridal party may enjoy it - as we arrived later than expected due to pictures at an alternate location. They made sure our guests had an incredible experience. People are still coming up to us to this day remarking how amazing the food and venue was! They were also thoroughly impressed with the drink selection and energy the team provided. They also packed up all our things at the end of the time and held it for us until the other day to be picked up to ensure their safety there. Thank you so much for an amazing night! We cannot WAIT to be guests at an event there to enjoy more of the food! Suggestion, ask for a to-go container to be able to sample the cocktail hour food and desserts if you don't get the opportunity to eat much from all the running around you will do as a bride/groom that night between guests, the dance floor, and pictures :)