Sounds Abound Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We choose Sounds Abound because they were a preferred vendor at the Hyatt Lodge and all the great reviews we read. Tony Ho was our DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He did a fabulous job. He was so friendly and made us feel comfortable immediately. He also always responded to our emails very promptly. He was there all day long and we really appreciated his enthusiasm. Our ceremony music was perfect and he transitioned the music seamlessly. He really listened to our music preferrences and our wedding had a great mixture of music. He kept the dance floor full all night long. He also did a great job introducing our bridal party as well as making the announcements needed throughout the evening. We highly recommened Sounds Abound and Tony Ho!

Services Used: DJ

After picking out our wedding venue, my fiancé and I quickly started researching wedding DJ companies. After meeting with 2 companies and being uncertain about a decision, we set up a meeting with Ken, the owner of Sounds Abound. I read many 5 star reviews on Yelp and figured the meeting would go well. We were impressed with everything - the pricing, the professionalism, as well as the equipment we were shown in their office. Ken did not push us to sign a contract - he rather told us to take time and think it over, which was a good sign.

One of the DJs, Keith, happened to be in the office that day and Ken suggested we talk to him to get some ideas for our wedding. Keith has a great personality and is very outgoing. He knew his stuff. We went home and decided to go ahead and book Keith from Sounds Abound. It was a great decision!

In the months leading up to the wedding, I used the Sounds Abound client planner to input all of the music I wanted to use in our wedding ceremony and reception. It was a great tool to keep me organized. At our final meeting, Keith went over everything with us and made us feel that we would be in good hands. We had an untraditional idea for our first dance song and parent dances, which was not an issue for Keith. He put together 2 versions of the song I wanted to use and emailed them to me.

I had no doubt that he would make an amazing DJ on our wedding day. And he did. We could not have asked for more. He did an awesome job at being our emcee throughout the night as well as of course, keeping the dance floor packed. We played all of the songs on our "must play" list.

The whole evening went very smoothly from start to finish. If I could do this all over again, I would definitely pick this company and pick Keith as our wedding DJ. My husband and I are a very satisfied, newly-married couple. 5 stars all the way! Go with the pros!

Services Used: DJ

So easy to work with! Larry was extremely laid back and easy to work during our initial meeting. We gave him minimal ideas for what we wanted, and he was able to expand on our suggestions and keep the dance floor going all night!! Highly recommend Sounds Abound in general, they are a great company, love their online planner system (made planning a wedding out of state very easy, and made payment easy as well), and everyone I interacted with was very nice. Thanks to Larry for making our wedding so fun!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Gary, our DJ with Sounds Abound, provided a fantastic night of entertainment for our daughters wedding. He did a great job of keeping our guests out on the dance floor which was always packed. He was also willing to lead our guests in line dances. I think he played three of them and only had to lead in one of them. (which our guests loved) I was so surprised to see how many people were still on the dance floor when Gary played the last song. People were still wanting to dance! Both Gary and his assistant were dressed up and very professional. He was great to work with. As for the photo booth, I don't think it was ever empty! It is a must have at a wedding. The disc they provide you, is a copy of everyone who had pictures taken! What a great keepsake and such fun to look at. I would hire them again!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Matt Ammons was our DJ and he was incredible! He kept the party going all night long, but wasn't pushy about it. We spent hours watching all their DJ and videos and we could not be happier that we chose Matt!

Nathan
07/26/2014

Very professional, organized and well done.

Carol
07/25/2014

We found David to be very helpful and professional. We would recommend Sounds Abound to friends seeking DJ services.

Services Used: DJ

Sounds Abound were so great to work with from beginning to end. Rufus did a great job with the ceremony music...exactly how I envisioned it and the photobooth was a HIT! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day and making it all the more sweeter!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We were lucky enough to have DJ Kyle Overbey from Sounds Abound for our entire wedding day. He was our ceremony musician as well as reception DJ. He did much more than those two titles lead on, he coordinated when things would happen, and told people the plan, so that I, the Bride on my wedding day, didn't have to do crowd control or announcements. Kyle gave me suggestions on music throughout the planning process, he really got to know my fiance and I's music interests before hand, and was just a delight throughout the night. A week later, I was with a group of friends, and they were all commenting to me on how amazing the music was at the end of the night especially, and asked if I had requested that be done. I said no, and told them what DJ Kyle told me - "just trust me, I am a people reader, reading the crowd and playing the music they want to hear is my job." My friends were amazed!!! Thank you, Kyle and Sounds Abound for a night we will never forget!

Private User
Recently Married

LOVED having Sounds Abound work with us! Their services are incomparable and their DJ staff is the best. Great price and they helped MAKE our night! Totally recommend them!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tadd was awesome, he played a great mix of music and was very helpful with all our requests!

Private User
Recently Married

Tony Ho was our DJ for our wedding and we would highly recommend him to anyone! He made the process very easy, and we found the online database super helpful...we were able to pick "must play" and "don't play" songs, as well as "songs we like" to give Tony a better idea of our music taste. He was able to play songs that our parents requested during the wedding, including Celtic music during dinner for my dad. Unbeknownst to me until the actual event, he collaborated with my dad behind my back per my dad's request and came up with a mash-up of songs for the daddy-daughter dance. It was more than perfect and from my dance with my dad until the end of the night, the dance floor was completely packed. My husband and I did not want a corny DJ, and we can happily say that we chose correctly with Tony! He was fun and encouraging and kept to the schedule we had set. If you're looking for a DJ in the Chicago suburbs, we would highly recommend this company, and especially Tony!

Katy
05/25/2014

Matt Ammons was absolutely fantastic. We were extremely happy with him. Our guests were out on the dance floor all night! We received multiple compliments on our DJ. Matt was very organized and we were able to meet with him via SKYPE since we were out-of-state. I would highly recommend Sounds Abound and Matt!

Julia
05/24/2014

Wonderful team! Lots of fun! DJs kept the party on the dance floor. We will continue referring Sounds Abound

Services Used: DJ

We had our wedding reception on April 5, 2014. Sounds abound provided us with our dj, photobooth, projection screen, slideshow, and uplighting. Our DJ was Kyle, he was absolutely amazing. He went above and beyond. When first meeting with Kyle our goal was to have everyone on the dance floor having a great time and Kyle did just that. We let Kyle do his thing and feel out the crowd and he did an incredible job. Our friends/family members are still talking about Kyle and how fun the wedding was. Kyle was extremely organized and worked with our wedding coordinator at the hotel and provided us with the most amazing music. Everyone loved the photobooth and uplighting. I cannot thank Kyle and sounds abound enough for making our wedding so special. I recommend them to everyone. We had the most incredible experience and had so much fun with Kyle and Sounds abound.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used sounds abound for our ceremony music and reception. Tony Ho was the DJ we selected and he did a great job. People were on the dance floor all night. They have an easy to use website to put in the music you want and done want. We added the uplighting into the package, and if it is in your budget i would suggest adding it. It makes the space elegant and cozy.