Sounds Abound Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Plain and simple, Sounds Abound (Ken and Joann in particular) made our wedding absolutely perfect. The level of service was top notch, immediate responses regarding any inquiry we made. When we had an issue, Joann and her staff went above and beyond to make sure things were resolved to our satisfaction. Ken was our DJ and he truly knew exactly what to play and when in order to keep our night alive and moving along. He was helpful in getting the specific events started, but never pushy and he always kept the party going until the very last song. I have already recommended Sounds Abound to others, and will continue to do so going forward. Don't waste your time looking any further, book Sounds Abound today!

Services Used: DJ

Sounds Abound and specifically Tony Ho were out of this world for our wedding. Starting from the beginning, they were incredibly friendly and nice to deal with. If we waited more than a few hours for a call back or email response I would be shocked. The team over there prioritizes you and your event (in our case a wedding) even though I am sure they are booked through the roof for their services.

Before the wedding: The online tool was very user-friendly. We were able to have endless back-and-forths with Tony about what we wanted and did not want. We had phone chats, Skype, and email exchanges to seal the deal. More importantly, Tony was relaxed even when we weren’t!

The wedding itself: Tony arrived a few hours before the reception even began. It was our first face-to-face meeting, but it seemed as though we had been friends for quite some time. It’s hard to really describe his personality, but he is so likeable. He was wooing over the grandmothers, the bridesmaids, and heck even me (the groom). He knew when to light up the party with some dance music, and when to take it back for some slower dances. Tony was incredibly receptive to our requests – and we had lots of them. My family is Greek, so we had cultural dances he wove into the night, too. Overall, I cannot recommend Tony enough. We had plenty of people asking for his contact information as the night was winding down. Thanks again, Tony!
Quick note: We also had a photobooth through Sounds Abound. We had a few guys working the booth and the guest book they created for us (an expense worth taking!). They were party promoters, too! They helped to create a fun atmosphere for everyone – even the stoic great uncles who didn’t speak English cracked a smile with their funny hats.

08/08/2015

Our DJ Brian was fantastic!!! We loved working with the Sounds Abound crew and my now wife just loved their website where she was able to pick the music to play, or more specifically Not Play. It was great to work with the team at Sounds Abound and our DJ did a great job making sure our wedding reception went smooth. Great work team!!!

Services Used: DJ

Aaaamazing to work with! We got DJ and rented up lighting through sounds abound and we were soooooo pleased with the service! The up lighting looked amazing and they were able to make the exact color pink I wanted! We chose to go with Kyle for our DJ and he was so great! He kept the night flowing perfectly and worked great with our venue. He checked in with us to make sure we were ready for the next part of the reception to come and our dance floor was NEVER EMPTY! He was so great to keep in contact with throughout our engagement and I would recommend them and Kyle to anyone who needs a DJ or renting the other services they provide!!!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I cannot say enough good things about Sounds Abound and our DJ, Larry. They were phenomenal every step of the way. We absolutely loved the online planning portal, especially for someone like me that wanted to have a lot of say in what was played, and Larry did an amazing job playing what I requested! He kept the dance floor full the entire night, and everyone had so much fun. Larry even mashed up a song for the mother/son dance on fairly short notice, and he did an excellent job. He was friendly, helpful, and thorough when we met in person before the wedding to review everything. I just can't say enough good things. I will absolutely recommend Sounds Abound to friends in the future!

Services Used: DJ

We used Sounds Abound for our wedding reception DJ and Photobooth services. Our DJ was Keith Talaga, and he did an amazing job. Our family and friends had told us they had such a fun time dancing at the reception! Keith made the night flow so smoothly, and didn't over use his powers of having a Mic, if you know what I mean. He was respectful, professional, and truly aided in making our reception a blast. The online planner was extremely user friendly, and all the customer service we experienced with Sounds Abound was exceptional. Sounds Abound is a well oiled machine!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Sounds Abound Entertainment is an excellent choice for your DJ! Kyle was great at sending us reminders and communicating with us prior to the wedding. We loved the planning tool, which allowed us to select our music and also provided suggestions for music throughout the day. The DJ we chose was Jeff. SUPER awesome guy. Kept the party going all night long and we received so many compliments! Most importantly, Jeff served as our MC and kept the reception flowing beautifully. Thank you!

Services Used: DJ

Sounds abound was great to work with. They have a great online tool that makes choosing music very easy. Tony was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job getting people onto the dance floor. We had the biggest dance floor our venue would offer us and it was packed the whole night! We had an absolute blast during our reception and we owe a lot of that to Sounds Abound & our DJ!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I am so happy we chose Sounds Abound for our wedding! Rufus was our DJ and he was awesome! They have an online planner where you can pick all your music, and you have “Must Play”, “Like” and “Don’t Play” lists. It was a lot of fun adding songs to our lists. We had a meeting with Rufus about 2 weeks before the wedding to go over all the details, and he called us the week of the wedding to confirm the final details.

The music during the ceremony and dinner was perfect. As soon as dinner was over, people started dancing and the dance floor was going all night! Even our grandmas were out on the dance floor! Rufus did a great job mixing genres of music and there was never a lull. Several people commented during and after the reception on how great the music was. I highly recommend them if you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding- they are very organized and it’s great that you can be as involved as you want with picking out music!
Thank you to Sounds Abound for making our wedding reception so much fun!

Recently Married

Tony did a great job keeping the party going until the very end! Very happy with Sounds Abound.

Services Used: DJ

We hired Sounds Abound to do our music, uplighting, and photobooth. Our venue was Bocaditos at The Brookfield Zoo. The reception space layout is kind of odd but Sounds Abound found the perfect spot for our Photo Booth and dance floor in there. They really transformed the room. The uplighting matched our color theme perfectly. I highly recommend getting lights. It will revolutionize your space. I've seen weddings at the zoo without the up-lights and it just didn't look as nice. We also had DJ lighting on the dance floor. Gotta add lights for your wedding, trust me!

For photos we went with the big fun booth. Chris was our attendant. He did a great job helping guests with props, explained how the booth works once inside, and handed out lots of pictures to everyone. At the end of the night he handed me a usb thumb drive from all the pictures taken in the booth that night. He also said if we lose the drive they have back ups. Chris was friendly to everyone and did a great job with the booth.

Now the music. Honestly I've never seen a better DJ feel the dance floor so well like Kyle does. If the floor was getting tired he brought it down with some chill songs. If the floor wanted to rock he kicked it up. He even came out and danced with us during some line songs. He played everything I requested. I've been to a lot of clubs and his mixes/mashups were better! He announced everything on time, got the crowd cheering, and gave a great pep talk to our wedding party when we walked out for our grand entrance. I think Sounds Abound has a lot of DJs to choose from. I'm sure they're all good but I'd recommend Kyle Overbey. Sounds Abound was our favorite wedding vendor as they were easy to work with and friendly, answered emails promptly, and did a great job! They made the night fun!

Erica
05/02/2015

We used Kyle as our DJ and we couldn't have been happier! He allowed us to compose our own request list as well as listened to what our guests wanted. There was never a time throughout the wedding where no one was on the dance floor! I have never seen so many guests still out there dancing at 12 am! We had a great time and we cannot speak more highly of Kyle and Sounds Abound!

1 person found this review helpful

We hired Rufus as our DJ and he was absoultely amazing. He was very professional, calm, and organized. We gave him a few song suggestions but for the most part we asked him to play to the crowd. He had our wedding guests up and dancing the entire time.

Services Used: DJ

Brian DJed our wedding at Cress Creek Country Club and was amazing! Before the wedding, we were contacted several times by people from Sounds Abound asking questions about what songs we wanted, making sure they had everything in order, and just wanting to get the general feel of what we wanted. On the day of, Brian could not have been any more wonderful. He knew exactly what songs to play when and got everyone up and dancing! I definitely recommend Brian K from Sounds Abound!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

They are the best of the best! Keith was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job! He was very upbeat, and played all the songs we love and more! The photo booth was also a big hit, so much fun! We highly recommend Keith, he was very helpful and went above and beyond for us!

Recently Married

Larry was awesome at guiding us through the night and kept everyone having fun!