Sounds Abound Entertainment

DJ Entertainment for Life's Celebrations

1701 Quincy Ave
Suite 15
Naperville, IL 60540 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We choose Sounds Abound because they were a preferred vendor at the Hyatt Lodge and all the great reviews we read. Tony Ho was our DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He did a fabulous job. He was so friendly and made us feel comfortable immediately. He also always responded to our emails very promptly. He was there all day long and we really appreciated his enthusiasm. Our ceremony music was perfect and he transitioned the music seamlessly. He really listened to our music preferrences and our wedding had a great mixture of music. He kept the dance floor full all night long. He also did a great job introducing our bridal party as well as making the announcements needed throughout the evening. We highly recommened Sounds Abound and Tony Ho!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So easy to work with! Larry was extremely laid back and easy to work during our initial meeting. We gave him minimal ideas for what we wanted, and he was able to expand on our suggestions and keep the dance floor going all night!! Highly recommend Sounds Abound in general, they are a great company, love their online planner system (made planning a wedding out of state very easy, and made payment easy as well), and everyone I interacted with was very nice. Thanks to Larry for making our wedding so fun!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt Ammons was our DJ and he was incredible! He kept the party going all night long, but wasn't pushy about it. We spent hours watching all their DJ and videos and we could not be happier that we chose Matt!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very professional, organized and well done.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Nathan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found David to be very helpful and professional. We would recommend Sounds Abound to friends seeking DJ services.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
Carol
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sounds Abound were so great to work with from beginning to end. Rufus did a great job with the ceremony music...exactly how I envisioned it and the photobooth was a HIT! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day and making it all the more sweeter!

• Wedding: 07/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were lucky enough to have DJ Kyle Overbey from Sounds Abound for our entire wedding day. He was our ceremony musician as well as reception DJ. He did much more than those two titles lead on, he coordinated when things would happen, and told people the plan, so that I, the Bride on my wedding day, didn't have to do crowd control or announcements. Kyle gave me suggestions on music throughout the planning process, he really got to know my fiance and I's music interests before hand, and was just a delight throughout the night. A week later, I was with a group of friends, and they were all commenting to me on how amazing the music was at the end of the night especially, and asked if I had requested that be done. I said no, and told them what DJ Kyle told me - "just trust me, I am a people reader, reading the crowd and playing the music they want to hear is my job." My friends were amazed!!! Thank you, Kyle and Sounds Abound for a night we will never forget!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED having Sounds Abound work with us! Their services are incomparable and their DJ staff is the best. Great price and they helped MAKE our night! Totally recommend them!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tadd was awesome, he played a great mix of music and was very helpful with all our requests!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tony Ho was our DJ for our wedding and we would highly recommend him to anyone! He made the process very easy, and we found the online database super helpful...we were able to pick "must play" and "don't play" songs, as well as "songs we like" to give Tony a better idea of our music taste. He was able to play songs that our parents requested during the wedding, including Celtic music during dinner for my dad. Unbeknownst to me until the actual event, he collaborated with my dad behind my back per my dad's request and came up with a mash-up of songs for the daddy-daughter dance. It was more than perfect and from my dance with my dad until the end of the night, the dance floor was completely packed. My husband and I did not want a corny DJ, and we can happily say that we chose correctly with Tony! He was fun and encouraging and kept to the schedule we had set. If you're looking for a DJ in the Chicago suburbs, we would highly recommend this company, and especially Tony!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt Ammons was absolutely fantastic. We were extremely happy with him. Our guests were out on the dance floor all night! We received multiple compliments on our DJ. Matt was very organized and we were able to meet with him via SKYPE since we were out-of-state. I would highly recommend Sounds Abound and Matt!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Katy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful team! Lots of fun! DJs kept the party on the dance floor. We will continue referring Sounds Abound

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Julia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception on April 5, 2014. Sounds abound provided us with our dj, photobooth, projection screen, slideshow, and uplighting. Our DJ was Kyle, he was absolutely amazing. He went above and beyond. When first meeting with Kyle our goal was to have everyone on the dance floor having a great time and Kyle did just that. We let Kyle do his thing and feel out the crowd and he did an incredible job. Our friends/family members are still talking about Kyle and how fun the wedding was. Kyle was extremely organized and worked with our wedding coordinator at the hotel and provided us with the most amazing music. Everyone loved the photobooth and uplighting. I cannot thank Kyle and sounds abound enough for making our wedding so special. I recommend them to everyone. We had the most incredible experience and had so much fun with Kyle and Sounds abound.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used sounds abound for our ceremony music and reception. Tony Ho was the DJ we selected and he did a great job. People were on the dance floor all night. They have an easy to use website to put in the music you want and done want. We added the uplighting into the package, and if it is in your budget i would suggest adding it. It makes the space elegant and cozy.

• Wedding: 12/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sounds About was great to work with! They were professional and timely with all of the response. Matt was our DJ and everyone raved about how much fun he was. He had everyone on the dance floor for the first song and no one left! We gave him very little direction and he was able to pull a great mix of music, even with us changing things the night before. I would definitely recommend Sounds Abound and Matt in particular!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding this past Friday and Ernesto was our DJ. At our first initial meeting with Ernesto, he listened to our ideas, gave suggestions and knew exactly what kind of music we were interested in to make our wedding a success. At the reception, the dance floor was jam packed and that's exactly what we envisioned for our day. We've been to many weddings and have never been to one where first song, the dance floor was filled and stay filled until the very end. Everyone keeps talking about how much fun they had and that they were sore from dancing. We had an absolute blast and didn't want it to end. Ernesto made our day very memorable!

• Wedding: 10/25/2013
630-718-1152
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards