Sounds Abound Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Plain and simple, Sounds Abound (Ken and Joann in particular) made our wedding absolutely perfect. The level of service was top notch, immediate responses regarding any inquiry we made. When we had an issue, Joann and her staff went above and beyond to make sure things were resolved to our satisfaction. Ken was our DJ and he truly knew exactly what to play and when in order to keep our night alive and moving along. He was helpful in getting the specific events started, but never pushy and he always kept the party going until the very last song. I have already recommended Sounds Abound to others, and will continue to do so going forward. Don't waste your time looking any further, book Sounds Abound today!

Services Used: DJ

I am so happy we chose Sounds Abound for our wedding! Rufus was our DJ and he was awesome! They have an online planner where you can pick all your music, and you have “Must Play”, “Like” and “Don’t Play” lists. It was a lot of fun adding songs to our lists. We had a meeting with Rufus about 2 weeks before the wedding to go over all the details, and he called us the week of the wedding to confirm the final details.

The music during the ceremony and dinner was perfect. As soon as dinner was over, people started dancing and the dance floor was going all night! Even our grandmas were out on the dance floor! Rufus did a great job mixing genres of music and there was never a lull. Several people commented during and after the reception on how great the music was. I highly recommend them if you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding- they are very organized and it’s great that you can be as involved as you want with picking out music!
Thank you to Sounds Abound for making our wedding reception so much fun!

Private User
Recently Married

Tony did a great job keeping the party going until the very end! Very happy with Sounds Abound.

Services Used: DJ

We hired Sounds Abound to do our music, uplighting, and photobooth. Our venue was Bocaditos at The Brookfield Zoo. The reception space layout is kind of odd but Sounds Abound found the perfect spot for our Photo Booth and dance floor in there. They really transformed the room. The uplighting matched our color theme perfectly. I highly recommend getting lights. It will revolutionize your space. I've seen weddings at the zoo without the up-lights and it just didn't look as nice. We also had DJ lighting on the dance floor. Gotta add lights for your wedding, trust me!

For photos we went with the big fun booth. Chris was our attendant. He did a great job helping guests with props, explained how the booth works once inside, and handed out lots of pictures to everyone. At the end of the night he handed me a usb thumb drive from all the pictures taken in the booth that night. He also said if we lose the drive they have back ups. Chris was friendly to everyone and did a great job with the booth.

Now the music. Honestly I've never seen a better DJ feel the dance floor so well like Kyle does. If the floor was getting tired he brought it down with some chill songs. If the floor wanted to rock he kicked it up. He even came out and danced with us during some line songs. He played everything I requested. I've been to a lot of clubs and his mixes/mashups were better! He announced everything on time, got the crowd cheering, and gave a great pep talk to our wedding party when we walked out for our grand entrance. I think Sounds Abound has a lot of DJs to choose from. I'm sure they're all good but I'd recommend Kyle Overbey. Sounds Abound was our favorite wedding vendor as they were easy to work with and friendly, answered emails promptly, and did a great job! They made the night fun!

Erica
05/02/2015

We used Kyle as our DJ and we couldn't have been happier! He allowed us to compose our own request list as well as listened to what our guests wanted. There was never a time throughout the wedding where no one was on the dance floor! I have never seen so many guests still out there dancing at 12 am! We had a great time and we cannot speak more highly of Kyle and Sounds Abound!

1 person found this review helpful

We hired Rufus as our DJ and he was absoultely amazing. He was very professional, calm, and organized. We gave him a few song suggestions but for the most part we asked him to play to the crowd. He had our wedding guests up and dancing the entire time.

Services Used: DJ

Brian DJed our wedding at Cress Creek Country Club and was amazing! Before the wedding, we were contacted several times by people from Sounds Abound asking questions about what songs we wanted, making sure they had everything in order, and just wanting to get the general feel of what we wanted. On the day of, Brian could not have been any more wonderful. He knew exactly what songs to play when and got everyone up and dancing! I definitely recommend Brian K from Sounds Abound!!

Private User
Recently Married

Larry was awesome at guiding us through the night and kept everyone having fun!

ChewBekka
02/07/2015

Matt and I were so pleased with our DJ experience, and wanted to say thank you to Matt Ammons and his assistant for making our wedding day so wonderful. We picked Matt Ammons from the meet and greet nearly a year before our wedding. His personality seemed to match ours and we felt pretty confident we would have a great party because of him. He did not disappoint. We met with him about 10 days before the wedding and went through our vision and thoughts on music as well as giving him some lists of music we were excited about for our wedding day. We went outside the box with cocktail hour music and dinner music and he was super receptive to all of our requests and suggestions.

On our wedding day everything went off without a hitch and there wasn’t even enough room on the dancefloor at some parts of the night because so many people were dancing. From the moment the dance floor opened up until the very last song the dance floor was full, which is what we wanted. He picked such a good variety of music from our ‘Must Play’ list to song requests from our guests (pre-approved). He did a great job working with our other vendors and making the night one that not just us, but our guests, will remember for a long time.

An added bonus, just before the wedding Matt found us on social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat and after the reception was over he shared videos and pictures with us from our special day! It was great!

Thank you so much for helping us throw a great party!

We also rented uplighting and a photobooth which were great!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

What can i say...Sounds Abound with Rufus as our picked DJ are FABULOUS. I continue to get praise about the music and the manner in which it was played. Also the accommodating way requests were granted was noted and appreciated. Rufus was speedy to reply to calls, texts, and emails. The office once took a message (before I was accustomed to the method I should have used) and Rufus contacted me the very next day. Their pricing was fabulous. The opportunity to hire and experience this company should not be overlooked. Go with them and you won't be disappointed!

Services Used: DJ

We choose Sounds Abound because they were a preferred vendor at the Hyatt Lodge and all the great reviews we read. Tony Ho was our DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He did a fabulous job. He was so friendly and made us feel comfortable immediately. He also always responded to our emails very promptly. He was there all day long and we really appreciated his enthusiasm. Our ceremony music was perfect and he transitioned the music seamlessly. He really listened to our music preferrences and our wedding had a great mixture of music. He kept the dance floor full all night long. He also did a great job introducing our bridal party as well as making the announcements needed throughout the evening. We highly recommened Sounds Abound and Tony Ho!

Services Used: DJ

After picking out our wedding venue, my fiancé and I quickly started researching wedding DJ companies. After meeting with 2 companies and being uncertain about a decision, we set up a meeting with Ken, the owner of Sounds Abound. I read many 5 star reviews on Yelp and figured the meeting would go well. We were impressed with everything - the pricing, the professionalism, as well as the equipment we were shown in their office. Ken did not push us to sign a contract - he rather told us to take time and think it over, which was a good sign.

One of the DJs, Keith, happened to be in the office that day and Ken suggested we talk to him to get some ideas for our wedding. Keith has a great personality and is very outgoing. He knew his stuff. We went home and decided to go ahead and book Keith from Sounds Abound. It was a great decision!

In the months leading up to the wedding, I used the Sounds Abound client planner to input all of the music I wanted to use in our wedding ceremony and reception. It was a great tool to keep me organized. At our final meeting, Keith went over everything with us and made us feel that we would be in good hands. We had an untraditional idea for our first dance song and parent dances, which was not an issue for Keith. He put together 2 versions of the song I wanted to use and emailed them to me.

I had no doubt that he would make an amazing DJ on our wedding day. And he did. We could not have asked for more. He did an awesome job at being our emcee throughout the night as well as of course, keeping the dance floor packed. We played all of the songs on our "must play" list.

The whole evening went very smoothly from start to finish. If I could do this all over again, I would definitely pick this company and pick Keith as our wedding DJ. My husband and I are a very satisfied, newly-married couple. 5 stars all the way! Go with the pros!

Services Used: DJ

So easy to work with! Larry was extremely laid back and easy to work during our initial meeting. We gave him minimal ideas for what we wanted, and he was able to expand on our suggestions and keep the dance floor going all night!! Highly recommend Sounds Abound in general, they are a great company, love their online planner system (made planning a wedding out of state very easy, and made payment easy as well), and everyone I interacted with was very nice. Thanks to Larry for making our wedding so fun!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Gary, our DJ with Sounds Abound, provided a fantastic night of entertainment for our daughters wedding. He did a great job of keeping our guests out on the dance floor which was always packed. He was also willing to lead our guests in line dances. I think he played three of them and only had to lead in one of them. (which our guests loved) I was so surprised to see how many people were still on the dance floor when Gary played the last song. People were still wanting to dance! Both Gary and his assistant were dressed up and very professional. He was great to work with. As for the photo booth, I don't think it was ever empty! It is a must have at a wedding. The disc they provide you, is a copy of everyone who had pictures taken! What a great keepsake and such fun to look at. I would hire them again!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Matt Ammons was our DJ and he was incredible! He kept the party going all night long, but wasn't pushy about it. We spent hours watching all their DJ and videos and we could not be happier that we chose Matt!

Nathan
1 Review
07/26/2014

Very professional, organized and well done.