Sorrento Hotel

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Thank you Lisa!
Having a peanut treenut allergy makes a it hard to find a place that will work with you. Lisa and her team not only said we can do it! She stayed through dinner to make sure we were good to go with no incident. She also has great recommendations for some awesome vendors.They also work well with vendors not on their list.
Since the groom and I decided not to see each other prior to the ceremony, we needed to do something with our guests.The hotel and banquet staff were flexible in letting us have a cocktail hour prior to the reception.
Our guests are still talking about the wedding reception and how smooth it went. Lisa is not only good at what she does but she is kind hearted and truely cares about her clients.

Hey Lisa!

I want to say thank you for everything. It's been pretty stressful planning for my parents and I but everything came out perfect! The food was awesome!!! You were like my fairy godmother through the whole process.
I appreciate everything you do. The hotel and service was amazing. It makes me want just live there and possibly work later on in the future as a food prep or banquet server!! The wedding overall was amazing and I plan on having a girls night with me and my friends at the hotel. I love what you do and you do it so well. Keep doing you Ms. Lisa Blair!!! I look forward to always keep in touch!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Sorrento Hotel was beautiful and their penthouse space for our special dinner was fabulous, Annie Wise was just wonderful to work with, she was always quick to respond, she was able to customize our menu to what we wanted, she was always available, she came through with everything we asked for and the hotel's chef and staff made our rehearsal Dinner so much fun and special. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Sorrento Hotel was a beautiful venue, holding charm you don't see in many other wedding reception locations. The entryway is staffed with very attentive and courteous attendants. Upon entering, you are greeted with a very romantic and intimate feeling lobby. A single elevator takes you up to the 7th floor, where guests are able to spend time eating, drinking, and chatting in a lounge area complete with a gorgeous balcony overlooking downtown Seattle (with a view of the Space Needle). I highly recommend a summer date to take full advantage of this opportunity. The hors d'oeuvres served are all delicious, far and above what we expected. For dinner, guests are led to a separate room which includes a dance floor. Again, the dinner was excellent and served by a very professional staff. We received many compliments throughout the night and after on how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was.

Lisa Blair, our initial contact for the Sorrento Hotel, is a wonderful event coordinator and really made the experience way less stressful than it very well could have been. She truly cares about your night and that is a very important trait for a coordinator to have. In fact, the entire staff, from the bartenders, servers, attendants, reception desk staff, etc, were ALL extremely professional, courteous, and most important of all, pleasant people to work with. This venue is a perfect place for a somewhat more intimate wedding reception (we only had about 80 guests) and we were so impressed by everything it had to offer.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a flawless, unforgettable wedding experience, Sorrento Hotel is the place to go. The staff is incredibly helpful - all planning and communication was executed in a timely manner for my wedding, and not once did I feel like I was left hanging.

The venue is absolutely stunning, and in-house catering is to die for. Reasonably priced for everything included, and worth every penny invested.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding with 80 guests at the Sorrento. We had a wonderful experience. As the bride, I felt very comfortable just enjoying the day because I knew the Sorrento would take care of all the details. Happiness was always very prompt in communicating with us and gave excellent guidance. My husband and I are older and it was a second wedding for both of us. We wanted a wedding that was centered on being a celebration of life and our friends and family. That is what it was. Everyone had so much fun!

Recently Married

I cannot say enough good things about the Sorrento. They were a dream to work with. The venue is gorgeous and intimate, with old-world elegance. Lisa was SO helpful, anytime I needed anything throughout the whole wedding planning process (and I planned my wedding long-distance). There were zero hidden fees or surprises--everything was very transparent. Lisa worked with me to create the perfect menu to fit the budget, and the food was delicious. I couldn't believe everything we got for the price with the Sorrento. Lisa made the wedding day stress-free. Afterwards, several guests told my parents it was a "fairy tale wedding." A million thanks to Lisa and the Sorrento!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Had an amazing dinner and set up for our wedding. It was elegant and timeless !

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a high quality wedding, you can't go past the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle.

We were married at the Sorrento on the 11th October and now have a memory that will never be forgotten. After checking out the venue, we didn't look any further.

Lisa Blair and her crew were meticulous in the planning and coordination and it definitely paid off on the night. The reception venue was above expectations, the food was delicious, wine was fabulous, hotel rooms were gorgeous, and above all our guests were extremely happy.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you so much Lisa and Hotel Sorrento for the great wedding! Everything was amazing! During preparation and on our wedding day Lisa and all stuff were so helpful, our wedding went so smooth so I didn’t have to worry about anything.

If you want high quality and amazing wedding, I would definitely recommend HOTEL SORRENTO!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Sorrento Hotel on September 1st.

We were initially drawn to the Sorrento Hotel because of it's history and elegance. After meeting with Lisa and the hotel staff, we were completely sold! Lisa was knowledgeable, attentive, and always prompt in answering our questions from our initial consultation up to the day of our wedding. We had lots of family staying at the hotel and the staff were very accommodating and always friendly.

The Sorrento Hotel is gorgeous and the Top of the Town, where we had the ceremony and reception, has a beautiful view of Seattle. I would highly recommend Sorrento Hotel!

P.S. The food was more than delicious!

1+ year ago

We were married at the Sorrento Hotel in August, 2013, and couldn't be happier with our choice.

First off, I want to say that we are not easy to please, and expected great food, great service, and a beautiful venue at a reasonable enough price. The Sorrento delivered on all fronts.

In terms of food - we were very particular about what we wanted, and the Sorrento allowed us to really customize the menu. They even went so far as to say we were fun, because they got to prepare some different items. (The truth is, we were a pain in the ***, and they bent over backwards to deliver what we wanted, even wearing smiles).

In terms of service, the entire staff busted their tails for us. We worked with Lisa Blair (director of catering) on just above everything - and she's a rock star. I'm pretty sure she went way beyond her job description for us. In general, this staff will do everything they can to make your wedding as wonderful as possible.

To find a negative, I will say they had a few glitches on their reservations with some people (I think based in Texas, for some reason, which you might get on the phone) who are new. On that front, the best way to deal with reservations is to make sure your guests book early on summer weekends, because they fill up fast - especially if you're competing with a convention.

The venue is beautiful. We used the top of the town for our ceremony, moved over to the penthouse room for a cocktail hour, then came back to the top of the town for the reception. You don't need to do much to make this space beautiful - just some pretty flowers - and that's all.

In terms of cost, there's no avoiding that getting married in a great Seattle venue is not cheap - but Sorrento is as reasonable as one could hope for at this level. They will not destroy you on hidden fees - it really is what you see is what you get - which is great.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by the beautiful rooms (I was worried they would be dated).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Sorrento Hotel and it was an amazing experience! We couldn't have asked for more. The staff and our main "go-to", Happiness, were so attentive, professional, and friendly. They accommodated all our needs as best as possible and then some. Definitely a great place to have your special day catered to! Beautiful old hotel, has character and different from the rest of the modern ones. If you're looking for sophisticated and elegant, this is it!

Shannon
05/19/2013

My husband and I got married at the Sorrento Hotel in May and we are still amazed at how perfect everything was. From the moment we stepped into the hotel and met Lisa Blair, who we had the pleasure of working with through the whole planning process, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and has so much old Seattle charm. The Top of the Town ballroom and penthouse spaces have wonderful views and while large enough for a wedding, still feel warm and intimate. All our guests have told us how welcome and comfortable they felt.

I can't even explain how delicious our food was! We have heard over and over again that this was by far the best food our guests have ever had at a wedding (or in a restaurant for that matter). I am going to have cravings for the mushroom ravioli for the foreseeable future and we will definitely be going to the Hunt Club soon in search of more delicious salmon and asparagus.

So many venues we looked at had strange hidden fees and charges for things that made us wary. When we met with Lisa at the Sorrento she had everything clearly laid out for us and I was never nervous about getting a bill for something unexpected. She helped us get things done quickly, was able to recommend vendors that were an absolute dream to work with, she helped herd our families during the rehearsal because we were complete ceremony novices, and made sure everything was perfect on our wedding day.. We don't know what we would have done without her!

On our wedding day we felt so spoiled. The staff were all very nice and seemed to anticipate exactly what we needed. I could go on and on about all the details, but my point is this: if you want a beautiful venue where you and all your guests will feel like they're in a Seattle fairy tale, then this is it.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 Review
2+ years ago

My husband and I live in Louisiana. Our son and his wonderful fiancee were to celebrate their wedding in Seattle on the 29th of July. So we contracted with the Sorrento Hotel for the rehearsal dinner, cocktail party and accommodations for the wedding guests. We wanted an elegant setting, and the historic Sorrento Hotel provided that. Just seeing it online, we knew it was the place for us to arrange for the rehearsal party.

I dealt with a fabulous lady at the Sorrento, Mindy Milton (Catering Sales Manager), throughout the planning process. It was an amazingly successful event planned via emails, phone calls and one brief trip to the NW to select the menu. The quality of all the foods prepared were superb! The Sorrento Hotel has an excellent chef.

The service personal are trained to be courteous and helpful. We have had many compliments on how exceptional the rehearsal party was.

The rooms at the Sorrento Hotel are impecable, and the houskeeping staff is excellent. It was the right hotel for us.

Enough said! I thank all the staff of the Sorrento Hotel and Mindy Milton for giving us so much, and making that whole wedding weekend memorable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son's fiancee was from France, so planning the wedding and a cocktail reception, the night before wedding, fell on us. We had 14 guests from France and 28 from Louisiana & Texas.

We chose the Sorrento because of the warmth and history it has. The fireside room in the lobby provided a great place to relax with a drink and visit together. The excellent music it provided, that weekend, made a great impromptu party for our guests and some fantastic memories. Some of our best memories!

The Penthouse Suite was the perfect room for our rehearsal cocktail reception. The patio was wonderful at sunset! The food was excellent. It was like having a party in your home, but nicer!

I worked with Jessica to handle our room block and Mindy for the events. They were both easy and professional to work with. They have a strong grip on customer service as I believe all the employees do at the Sorrento.

Everyone was happy with their room, the free town car service was convenient and the guys worked with us for special needs....thank you Sorrento staff!

We could not have been happier with the way things went and I would recommend them to anyone wanting a warm, memorable event. At the Sorrento, you're like family! We'll be coming back!