Sonja Sevin Wedding Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I have Sonja booked for my wedding this April 2015 but I have done a trial run for my wedding hair and make up for my fiancés military ball that was in December 2014. I could not have been more pleased and impressed! She made me feel like a princess! I have never tried air brush make up/ didn't know if it would really be water/ sweat proof.. but it WAS!!! Sonja is such a pleasure to work with and very professional. I am so excited to see her and work with her again on my wedding day :)

Sonja Sevin Wedding Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Lydia! I also am really looking forward to working with you again on your big day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I LOOOOOOOVE Sonja! I'm not the kind of woman who wears much make up. So I needed someone who could understand that but still make me look amazing without feeling overwhelmed on my wedding day. Sonja understood what I wanted and delivered beautiful and flawless look. She is so easy to talk to that on our first meeting (the trial run) we talked like old girlfriends, which made me feel comfortable. I was rather skeptical at first because I have a darker skin tone and oily skin. But once I finally seen the look she created for me I knew that my husband would melt when he saw me walking down the aisle. She worked diligently the day of my wedding to do the make up of not only myself but all of my bridesmaids and my mother. Not to mention she was very reasonable too. If I had to do it all over again, Sonja would be my first and only choice, hands down!!!

LaShonda Hodges

Thank you so much! I really truly enjoyed working with you and your family! I wish you love and happiness, and can't wait to see the professional photos!

03/08/2015

Sonja is such an amazing person! She helped me get dolled up March 8th 2015 for my big day. she met me at my location and made me look and feel like a million bucks! Her airbrush system was magic especially since I had a zit (embarrassing!!! Especially if your a bride?) any who!!! She's awesome I love her!! She's great at what she does I recommened her for not only wedding events but any occasion.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Sonja was the makeup artist for my wedding party. She was AMAZING from start to finish. The moment we made contact she was very professional! The day of my wedding she arrived right on time and was so personable and genuine. I felt like a bride after she did my makeup. I would recommend her to anyone needing wedding makeup done. I couldn't be happier with the way my makeup and bridesmaids makeup turned out! Thank you so so much Sonja!!!

Thank you so much, Adrianne! I love my work and I am so glad I could make you and your wedding party feel special on your big day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Sonja did an amazing job on my and my bridal party's wedding day makeup. She did exactly what each of us asked for and the airbrush turned out really wonderfully. I couldn't believe how beautiful everyone looked in the pictures! After my trial run I asked if she could tone it down to be more natural and she did it perfectly on the day-of. Sonja is also really good at reading the situation between the many family and friends present and diffusing any tension to make sure that the bride is comfortable and relaxed. She is wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I found Sonja through The Knot and did not quite know what to expect. I went to her studio for my trial run for hair and makeup and instantly we clicked! She looked at the pictures of my ideas for hair and makeup and then created exactly what I wanted. She listened to my thoughts and suggestions, instead of going solely on her professional opinion. On my wedding day, Sonja did my hair and makeup, along with my 6 bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law...all in about 5 and a half hours! Although this task seemed daunting to me, Sonja never once showed that it was. With 6 bridesmaids, I was nervous that at least one or two of them would not like their hair; however, that was not the case! All 6 were amazed that she created a flattering hairstyle for each (and quickly). She ensured that she had plenty of time for my hair and makeup and truly made me feel special. Not only was my hair perfect, but the airbrush makeup looked absolutely amazing, especially in our professional photographs.

If I had to describe Sonja in 3 words, I would say talented, trustworthy, and personable, and I could not thank her enough for making my day more special than I ever could have imagined! -Jamie

Thank you so much Jamie, for your very kind words! I really truly enjoyed working with you on your special day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I realize that giving 5 out of 5 stars usually makes a person pause and wonder if the review is real. I am a real bride who hired Sonja to do hair and makeup for my July 4th wedding, and there is not one thing looking back that I can say negatively about her business. I set out looking for an airbrush makeup artist in the Nashville area, and with much praise and high recommendation, I found Sonja Sevin. She was great to work with, extremely knowledgeable about the "day of" expectations and process, easy to communicate, and most of all a fun/energetic personality which was priceless when it came to keeping me calm and happy on my big day. My favorite aspect of using the airbrush makeup, was it truly did not smudge/run/or dull throughout the entire day (including when we exchanged our own vowels and I could not stop crying haha!). My bridesmaids can also attest to this as they all used Sonja for hair and makeup as well. We all looked picture perfect and felt like our most beautiful selves that night, and I have Sonja to thank.

Dear Jenna,
Thank you so much! I truly love what I do, and I appreciate your kind feedback so much. It was a pleasure working with you and your sweet family and friends on your special day!

1 Review
Recently Married

Sonja did an excellent job on my hair and makeup an was so accomodating to my schedule - highly recommend her!

1 Review
Recently Married

Sonja does an amazing job, and really makes you feel welcomed in her home. You see I got married on memorial day and many salons and places were closed. It made my day when I got the email saying she could do my hair and make-up that day! She made me feel like the most beautiful bride, and the air brush make-up she uses is amazing and really does last all day, even in the hot sun and humidity. I get comments all the time when people see pics of my wedding day, about how good my hair and make-up looked.

Thank you so much for your kind words! You were an absolute pleasure to work with and I am glad was able make you feel special on such an important day! Such a beautiful bride!

Donna
11/10/2013

Sonja came to my home to prepare us for my daughter Emma's wedding. The airbrush makeup was so great. Emma and her bridesmaids looked amazing. Sonja was very responsive to the preferences of the people she was working with and their comfort with the makeup she was applying. She worked with the wedding party, the mother of the bride(me) and some other family members. I can safely say I have never felt so beautiful. Sonja was Los easy to work with and made us all feel so comfortable!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Sonja did such a great job with my hair for my wedding..she even did my two flower girls and my cousin. She has such a great personality, very outgoing..I will definitely recommend her to my family and friends!

Thank you Krissia!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your very sweet family! I appreciate your referrals so much!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Money well spent! I felt and looked so beautiful, and my makeup and hair lasted all night! I would hands down go back!

Thank you Nikki!
I was so honored that your family came to my little wedding studio!
Your wedding video is just stunning and I shed some tears for your vows.
Cheekwood really was a great backdrop for your beautiful family.
Sonja

Anonymous
2+ years ago

After searching the web for days, I came across Sonja's site and knew after seeing 3 pictures of her work that she was the one for me! Her style his modern, glam, romantic, and sexy all in one...perfect for a bride. She came to my house for the trial and to the hotel I stayed at before the wedding. She is excellent with airbrush make up, hair extensions, eyelashes, etc. Her prices were fair and affordable. She is very personable and professional, and she helped me look gorgeous for my big day. I am a bridesmaid in October and am definitely going to call her again!

Diane

Thank you so much Diane!! You are such a pleasure to work with! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Sonja is wonderful! She has a great personality and loves her work! She was very prompt and professional and worth every penny to make me beautiful for my special day! She uses airbrush makeup, which stayed on all day and looked fantastic. She even agreed to do my sister's makeup and nieces' hair at the last minute and made us all look beautiful! She was very accommodating and I would definitely hire her again!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

And to think I was going to do my makeup myself!! Sonja travelled from Nashville, TN to Savannah, GA to do our wedding hair and makeup. She is fabulous!! I had a black eye from and eye surgery (that I had 1 week before the wedding) and you could not tell one bit...I could not believe it....I also have super sensitive eyes and other makeup artists didn't take the care that she did. She did amazing work and I feel so fortunate that we crossed paths and she was available. At age 37, she made me feel so young and pretty!

Thank you so much, Autumn!
I really appreciate you!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Sonja was absolutely amazing!! I truely felt like I looked like a queen on my wedding day! She was such a wonderful person to work with! The makeup truely lasted the whole night and it looked amazing in all the pictures! I am so glad that I decided to use a professional makeup artist for my wedding day and not attempt to do my own makeup, even thought I am very comfortable doing my makeup on an everyday basis. I was just able to relax and be pampered!