Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

Value
Flexibility
ADRIANNE
10/25/2014

I would highly recommend the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale for your wedding. I had my rehearsal, brunch, wedding, and reception there the weekend of 10-25-14 and the hotel itself as well as the staff made my wedding a night to remember. The reason I originally went with the hotel was because of it's spectacular views and modern South Beach type decor. My husband and I loved the atmosphere and the proximity to the beach for our many out of town guests. Arthur Sands was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly. He was very helpful and responsive to my requests and helped me with the transition when the hotel changed from B Ocean to Sonesta. Arthur also recommended vendors that also were wonderful. The food for each event, my rehearsal dinner, the cocktail hour, the reception, and the breakfast was incredible. I was shocked as usually wedding food isn't always up to par.
The staff did an amazing job coordinating each of my events and I would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married that is looking for a beautiful "beach" wedding without getting your toes in the sand:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Arthur Sands was incredibly responsive, professional, knowledgeable and kind from the beginning- even before we even decided that we seriously wanted to hold our wedding ceremony and reception at Sonesta. That goes a long way with me since it seems these days most places just want to sweet talk you and sell you impossible things. Everything Arthur promised us was delivered and then some. He made the entire planning process a breeze. He always answered any questions I might've had in a timely manner and never thought a single question I had was silly. He took the time to explain things, which meant a lot to us!

The Sonesta is just a breathtaking location for a wedding. The Horizon ballroom was picture-perfect for our brunch reception. The photos came out so well with the ocean as the backdrop. Our guests kept raving about the food and how scrumptious it was! The brunch spread was amazing!!!! We had the omelet chef, and he was a hit with our guests. We barely had a moment to eat, but what we did have was really tasty! We were told the smoked salmon and beef tips were the best.

The wait staff we had made our event all the more better. Each and every one of them was so attentive to us, the bride and groom. We always had filled champagne glasses and they even served us our food from the buffet. That kind of quality service stands out even on a special day like a wedding day. We stayed on-site that weekend and the hotel staff helped to create a special ambiance for us. They sent us champagne and a sinful dessert with a handwritten card to congratulate us. That was a thoughtful, personal touch that we both enjoyed!

The Sonesta provided a great value for our dollar and we could never imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at B Ocean was just beautiful. We had many guests fly in from the cold weather, so we wanted to impress them a little bit with the ocean scenery - safe to say we accomplished that! We were married outside under a full moon over the ocean - simply stunning. All of our guests commented on how well run the whole night was. The service was smooth and the staff just couldn't do enough for us. One guest told us that the food was so delicious, he was going to come back the next night for dinner! Not what one usually hears about wedding food! Arthur was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process - he must have responded to each email I sent him within 5 minutes! He also recommended the most wonderful vendors who worked together seamlessly as a cohesive unit. I'm sure it took an army to make our wedding perfect, but I would never know. I had the least stressful day I could have imagined, and I want to do it all over again! THANK YOU!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To all the brides out there, please book your wedding at B Ocean hotel only if you want superb service, excellent food, and a view to die for. From the Catering Manager Arthur Sands, to the Sales Manager Judy Harstein everything was done in perfection and class. I recently wed at the B Ocean hotel in August 2013, my guest loved the hotel setting and the services that they provided my ceremony and reception was organized and the evening flowed perfectly. Working with Arthur and Judy was one of the easiest relationships to have during my wedding process. They made me and my family and friends feel comfortable and at home. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is truly ready to have a classy and absolutely good time at their wedding. You are definitely in good hands with the venue, they took care of all of my needs and request and was always professional. My husband and I are officially going back to B Ocean Hotel every year.

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale responded with the following comments:

Monique

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. Should you refer another couple to the B Ocean and they decide to have their wedding here we will provide you and Robert with an Overnight Stay at the Hotel and Dinner for Two in SA1A.
If and when you return to the B Ocean for a getaway please call me so I can personally handle your reservation.

Best Regards,

Arthur Sands

Monica
06/15/2013

My wedding was just perfect. The horizon ballroom at night is beautiful. It oversees the ocean and makes it just romantic. Noha and William were just amazing. They made sure everything was perfect. I would definitely come back and stay at the B Ocean again and renew my vows.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at the B Ocean hotel was more than incredible for my wedding! The hotel itself is ideal with the most gorgeous view and a penthouse that was built for the perfect event. I worked with Arthur Sands as my coordinator and he was very accommodating, attentive and just an overall nice person. He made sure no detail was missed and stayed on top of everything. The people that I worked with the day of my wedding were equally as amazing! Noha, Jeff, and William were as kind and helpful as Arthur had been. The staff and the accommodations at the B Ocean were top notch and I would not change a single thing about my wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue with unforgettable view!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently got married at B Ocean Hotel and we had an amazing experience and saw our Dream Wedding come to Life.

Arthur Sands is a pleasure to work with & his wonderful team exceeded all of our expectations. He went the extra mile to help us, we didn't worry about a thing on the day of our wedding they provided the best service ever !!

He also recommended Wedding vendors who we ran with and we were highly impressed with all.

Eduardo and the his entire staff were very professional and worked hand in hand with all our wedding vendors. They hard work and they were always warm and helpful.

Our family and friends who stayed at the hotel were highly impressed and loved their bedrooms with the most spectacular views of the ocean and the high level of staff service.

Everyone who attended our wedding had a fun time and were full of compliments for the venue, the penthouse ballroom oh my gosh had the most stunning floor to ceiling views of the Ocean, wow !! Panache Style created an ambience filled with love & romance.

Our ceremony was hosted on The Terrace and Bobby created simple elegance and I was the happiest bride ever !!

The presentation of the food and beverage was excellent for our cocktail hour & our reception. B Ocean Menu/Buffet was so delicious and satisfied our taste buds fully. Our Wedding planner Joni Scalzo made sure we ate lol ! The entire experience was unforgettable & memorable & more than we had hoped for.

I highly recommend Arthur and his team at The B Ocean Hotel, Fort Lauderdale the venue was perfect.

Make it your first choice in Fort Lauderdale you will not regret it !! We loved it and we will treasure our very special day at B Ocean Hotel .

Thank you, thank you so very much Arthur, Eduardo and B Ocean, we will be back for dinner at Saia for your most delicious Sushi and of course to say hi to you all !!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue!!! The staff is perfect and makes you feel like royalty. The scenery is amazing with ocean views at every glance. The food cannot be any better. The atmosphere is very private, which is rare for hotel weddings. And even better, if guests are coming from out of town, they can relax by the beach! Highly recommend this venue!!

-Dave and Courtney

2+ years ago

B Ocean was a fabulous hotel for our wedding guests to stay. We arranged a block of rooms a few month in advance and was kept in constant touch with. Their overall services was superb. Very pleasant and the rooms were gorgeous, very decently priced oceanfront hotel.

Services Used: Travel

We absolutely loved the B. After doing an extensive amount of research, I stumbled across the B Ocean online one night. My now husband and I were so anxious to see the property, we went to the hotel at 2am to see the location. From the first employee we encountered at the desk, everyone was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Arthur, the catering manager, was great throughout the planning process and involved the day of the wedding. We got married on the breeze terrace (second floor), which was beautiful (think...the beach without the sand) and had 2 reception rooms (Infinity for the formalities and Horizon for the dessert/party room). All the guest rooms are an ocean view, by the way. Doesn't hurt if you have out of town guests!

1 Review
2+ years ago

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding this past March at the B Ocean. The penthouse where we were wed had the most amazing views of the Ocean. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Special thanks to Arthur Sands for making it a special day for us.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful Venue!! Breath taking views!! The B-Ocean is a fantastic venue for someone looking for an indoor wedding with the most beautiful oceanview in Fort Lauderdale! It's like getting the best of both worlds: having an indoor wedding with an outdoor view! Very romantic setting. The staff is very friendly and Arthur, the catering director was very pleasant to work with. Overall we are satisfied with the service and glad we picked this venue for our special day. : )

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1+ year ago

B Ocean was the perfect location to host all of our out of town guests for our March wedding. The venue is updated and modern, we got married in the penthouse and loved the unbelievable views. Overall the staff is super helpful, especially Noha and Judi who take care of you through the planning process. The only downfall we ran into were we had guests from another wedding getting drinks from our bar. But in the grand scheme of things, the hotel took great care of us, even providing us with our own server to make sure the wedding party got food and drink all night. Definitely a great venue!

4.7

My wedding at the B Ocean was absolutely beautiful. Although they offer packages for the ceremony and reception, I had only my reception there. And I can't even describe how beautiful it was! The hotel has a sleek and modern look, which I loved. We had our cocktail hour and reception in different rooms on the penthouse floor, and both rooms had floor-to-ceiling panoramic views of the ocean on one side and the city on the other. It was breathtaking.

We worked with Noha, who was very responsive and professional. On the day of, William went above and beyond to make sure that everything was going perfectly.

The food was delicious; honestly, I expected it to be just okay. It was great at the tasting, but that is when the chef is making it specially for you (and for you to love). But it was just as good, if not better, the night of, which really impressed me. We had a chicken dish, and even days later, several of our guests continued to comment how good it was.

I gave only four stars for flexibility because the B Ocean was not very flexible with prices. They will give you an array of add-ons, and they will work with you when they can, but they were not willing to do much negotiation (it's probably a sales tactic, but I noticed that other venues were ready to slash the price for this or throw in that for free). They are also not flexible with meals--they must know each meal in advance, so if you ordered 90 steak dinners and 50 chicken dinners, but on the day of, 10 guests wanted to swap their meal, they would not be able to accommodate that.

I thought the value was excellent, and they also gave us a great rate for our room block.

Overall, though, I cannot rave enough about my experience there the night of my wedding. Everything went so smoothly: meals were delivered quickly and delivered warm; drinks were served quickly; the staff seemed to bend over backwards to make sure our guests were enjoying themselves. And, did I mention, the views are breathtaking?!

4.7

After looking through numerous venues, we decided to go with the B Ocean Hotel. The views are wonderful, the area inside is excellent as well. The catering team did a wonderful job with the presentation and distribution of the food and it was an awesome night to remember. Thank you B Ocean Hotel!