Solis Productions, Inc

New Scam by Edward Solis www.bodybysolis.com
bodybysolis.gmail.com

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My wedding is in less than 2 months. I signed a contract with Eddie on May 30th 2012. He contacted me after a bridal show last tear and told us all the services that he can provide and doted on the fact that I wanted a photobooth as well. He made it sound so great, and said that if we paid in full that he would throw that in for the 4 hours for free.... We were going to be in Orlando that weekend so he said that he would meet us at a Starbucks (which should have been my first warning)! We met him and gave us such a good presentation, which he is obviously a good con artist! He also said that if we paid in full that day that he would be the DJ for our wedding. Well within 7 days, he sent us the contract and it was signed and the check thqat we wrote him for 2600 was cashed!!!!!!!!!!! ( He did not waste any time on that) In November, I tried to contact Eddie several times becasue I had some questions. It took him days to respond to me and was rude on the phone. I had asked him about a surprise wedding dance cd that I wanted put together. He told me that it would be an additional 50.00 because he had to send it to "his guy" what guy? You are the dj!!!! Well we decided to take another route. Last week I decided to go online for some reason and look at any recent reviews on his work and when I started typing in Solis productions... RIP OFF REPORT came up! My heart dropped! I called my Fiance and was crying so hard that he could not understand me. My fiance called Eddie, and he actually called back that evening and gave us a sob story and tried to make us feel bad for him. He keeps saying that he is broke and plans on paying everyone back, but we paid for services that were not provided! WHERE IS THE MONEY WE PAID YOU? Why did you spend our money! We now have to find a dj, photographer, videographer, lights, and a photobooth in less that 2 months! God will be the one that you have to face EDDIE!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Invitations
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Edward Eddie Solis almost ruined my entire wedding. He is a con artist and a low-class crook! He should be on an episode of American Greed. Photography and videography are the most important to any bride, so I spared no expense. Eddie was not much cheaper than top name vendors (who interestingly all know his scam by the way). I was devastated and angered. My fiancé nearly lost it! We have since secured other respected companies. We are calm and collected, however we will not drop this. I will make sure Edward Eddie Solis never operates another sham DBA (doing business as, fictitious name, LLC). He will have to change his government name to do so.

His contract employees confirmed with me that they have not been paid for services they rendered months ago! He is a sick man. I work hard for my money, really hard. How dare he do this to people who literally save up for a lifetime moment?!

He preyed on us and sold us a dream that we paid for and he cashed out the next day (our bank confirmed)! We will have our dream wedding. It is costing us more financially, but we have peace of mind.

I want to prevent this from happening to any other brides. We are pursuing criminal charges and or small claims court. If he is in fact bankrupt, we will be on the list as one of the creditors. We may not get much back, however at this point, for us, it is not about the money...It is about the principle.

What goes around comes around. You can bet the money he stole from us on that!

Solis Productions, Inc responded with the following comments:

You can hate me or call me names. But in reality God is the only one that can judge me. I'm not the first business to go under or will I be the last. Yes, it cost you money, your hard earned money that is why I made the decision to file for bankruptcy and end a business that was hurting and not going anywhere. I now will start from zero so I can begin creating positive cash flow so I can start paying back to all the people I have hurt. You do not need to worry about me opening another LLC business because that's the last thing I want to do. I have been blessed with another opportunity that with some hard work 7 months or a year from now I will make enough money that I will repay everyone that I owe. I would love to pay you as well but I don't know who you are since you wrote this review anonymous. Please call me or email me 7 months from now and I wish you happiness on your wedding day.

Sincerely,

EDWARD LUNA SOLIS

P.S. To all the vendors that supposedly knew of my scam. Since the moment I opened my company you guys have complained and cried about me opening a one stop shop, you guys have emailed me and called me personally complaining that my packages are cheap and that I am ruining the industry!! If you guys knew that I was supposedly stealing, scamming or whatever, where was the phone call????? If you cared so much about these brides why didn't you call me? Huh?? .. I DID NOT STEAL, SCAM OR WHATEVER, I opened a business, it didn't work out, I shut it down & I get called the sick man?... well vendors be happy now and enjoy your me me me industry..

• Wedding: 03/17/2013
Services Used: Invitations
Bridgette
  • Flexibility: 0.0

To all the anonymous brides out there. If you remain anonymous you obviously are exxagerating your reviews...

• Wedding: 01/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

took our money, filed for bankruptcy, didn't even bother to call and tell us he wouldn't come to our wedding. just plain wrong!!

• Wedding: 12/22/2012
Services Used: Videography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I got married on March 31, 2012. I decided to go with Solis Productions because of all the great reviews I read as well as the Quality of Service I THOUGHT I was going to get. Well communication was great up until I paid my deposit then it all went downhill. I have to say that the Photographer and Videographer were great and my pictures came out awesome HOWEVER it was like pulling teeth to get them delivered to me.
Additionally it has been 8 months and I am still waiting for my Wedding Video. I keep hearing promises from Eddie but he has not responded to any of my emails or phone calls!
Unfortunately I would NOT recommend Solis Productions to any Bride out there. The price might sound right but it is not worth the headache. I regret my decision and am now worried that I will never have that keepsake of the most important day of my life!!!!!!

• Wedding: 12/03/2012
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Wow... All the good reviews... Too bad this company has commited fraud, I will like to alert any future brides or wedding planners not to use this thief... He stole $1,000.00 from us. After making several attempts, this man has been a coward by communicating to my daughter that his company has filed bankruptcy, and that we will have to call the company which belongs to Him (Eddie) to claim a refund. My daughters wedding is 5 months away and at this point we have nothing but a faulty contractor that has stolen the downpayment of $1,000 from us... Leaving us with no other choice than to try to place him in jail for grandtheft.
This is an alert for all the future couples planning a wedding or attending any Bridal shows, not to go with this guy as he will be quick to take your money and chatter your wedding dreams.

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

DO NOT HIRE THIS GUY!!!! We got married on 11/30/2012, and on 11/27/2012 Eddie called to tell me that there would NOT be a photographer photographing our wedding, AND WE WOULD NOT be getting our money back, because he had filed bankruptcy that afternoon. This was after paying him $1000 up front in full in the month of June. He continued to tell me that he used our money to pay his photographers in June. He also told me that he had planned on not even telling us at all!!! What NERVE!!!

You can imagine the distress that we were in only 3 days from our wedding. Brides, I think you all know how stressful a wedding is to plan, and those last few days before the wedding are the hardest.

Also I had little to no contact with Eddie throughout the duration of planning the wedding photography. My fiance and I called him MANY MANY times, and VERY little response. Which was surprising beacuase there was ALOT of communication before he received payment. Hmmm.... When he did finally call us back all we got were empty promises.

Lucky for us we finally did get a call from the phothographer that was originally to do our wedding, Charles Gautier. He shot our wedding beautifully. We of course had to pay him, but he was a victim in this situation as well. He agreed to a reasonable rate, and was willing to work with us in payments. We were more fortunate than the couple whose information that he did not have.

DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY THIS MAN!!!

Solis Productions, Inc responded with the following comments:

This email was sent to the bride

From: Solis Pro
Subject: Refund
Date: December 1, 2012 10:49:20 AM EST
To: jessylynn_78@yahoo.com

Dear Jessica,

I know that there isn't any words that I can say to make things right. I apologize that you trusted in me to provide you with services on your wedding day and I have failed you. I want you to know that my intentions when I build this company wasn't to steal money or crush people's dreams. Unfortunately because of today's economy a lot of small business are struggling and it just so happens that mine is one of them. I understand you are upset and you have every right to be but I want to know that I will do everything in my power to reimburse your money back. I know that at the time I spoke with you I informed you that I am going to file my company for bankruptcy, that might still be the case but I'm also working hard to see if I can save it, I hope and pray I can find a loan or an investor to bring my company back to par. I want you to know that no matter what path I take I can never continue living with myself knowing that I have failed someone. I wish I had the money now so I can make it go away but unfortunately I don't. I am starting a new job on Monday and hopefully once I start getting paid I can start repaying you the full amount that I owe you. I know that at this time you can hire a lawyer and sue me for your money but again if you take those measures there is still going to be a waiting period as I will say to the lawyer as I am now saying to you, please give me time and I will refund your money back. Either if I start paying you on monthly payments or one day I can pay it in full I will do everything I can to make it happen. Once again I would like to apologize from the bottom of my heart and please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Eddie Solis

To the brides that are ready this:

Brides do not need to worry as we are no longer in business and I do not plan never to return to the wedding industry.

If I can give future bride's advice. Hire within the political wedding industry circle, if you want 100% that this will not happen to you pay top money for the services that you are looking for. But even then they're are still no guarantee because you just never know.

• Wedding: 11/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Solis is a terrible company. They are poor communicators and scam you out of your money. Santos and Eddie provide no services, don't pay their Photgraphers, and avoid phone calls and emails from clients. TO ALL FUTURE COUPLES STAY AWAY FROM SOLIS PRODUCTIONS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GREAT WEDDING!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

My fiancé & the Sales Rep, supposedly knew of each other, the rep claimed he was one of the Partners of Solis Production & he had real power over heavy discounts, & we were going to get the "friend" rate... my Fiance & I agreed I needed to speak w/ my parents first BEFORE anything. Goin ova the numbers after I felt like we really were not getting much for 2600.00, we were given an inflated package, but I thought since this was a referral from my Fiance, we would be OK....WRONG..My parents paid 100% in full the sales rep told us that is what was required for such a sweet deal....after we Paid in Full never heard from them again...the rep went on a 2 week vacation during the busiest wedding season (weird?), I arranged my engagement photo's with their independent contract or I could wait until AFTER the new year, he could go on vacation for 2 weeks, but my pictures had to wait 3 months & another 8 weeks to develop?? They r all contracted out for pennies..why is MY price so high but their contractors' paid so low? My Fiance & I postponed the wedding indefinitely for horrible reasons, NO ONE returned phone calls until my parents contested it on their card, & then the rep called me SCREAMING rude comments, “we ruined their business”, & “he couldn’t book 4 weddings because of me”? What, WHY? When I explained to him the horrific details of my life he didnt care. Finally, Santos agreed to letting us out of the contract & said Eddie would call my dad & work it out THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED. INSTEAD they submitted emails to my parents' credit card company fighting this charge..WHY!!! All we had was the engagement photo session, which I have never received pictures? I have begged Santos to let my parents out of the contract & just move on. The wedding was over a year away when this whole mess started, why cant they release the 2600 back to my parents…even if we were to go back to planning I am afraid they will never show up because of how they’ve acted.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

My wedding was on October 13, 2012. I had two videographers at my wedding for 8 hours. They were very kind and filmed all day and night for us. About 3 weeks ago I started trying to contact Eddie about when I might receive my video- I knew it would take a while, that's why I waited two months before contact. I tried every phone number- only got voice mail. Both my husband and I left messages. I also sent emails to Eddie, to which I got no response. My husband started looking deeper and found all the claims that Eddie has ripped people off. I saw that he has been responding to people on here and I truly hope with all my heart that you read this review... PLEASE at the very least, send me the raw footage from my wedding. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... It is a day I will never get to do over and I want the chance to remember it- You have posted you want to pay people back and try to fix your wrongs- I hope you have it in your heart to please at the very least, send the raw footage. Thank you. Andrea Letso

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
Andrea

Eddie,

I have tried to get in touch with you every way possible and I have yet to hear from you. I paid you for videography services and I still haven't received my video. At this point, I don't want to argue or go back and forth. I would just like to (preferably) receive the video or be reimbursed. It is disappointing that after paying, I still haven't heard from you at all. You should know how special this day is for brides/grooms and families as well.

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Services Used: Videography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I am very disappointed & heartbroken with my experience with this company. I paid $3,000 to Solis Pro for DJ, Photography, Videography & a photo book for my wedding in July of 2012. Before the wedding I had trouble contacting Eddie to make sure everything was set and ready to go. 2 Weeks before the wedding I finally got in contact with him and he assured me everything was fine. He showed up for our wedding to render DJ service as did a photographer & videographer who he subcontracted to. It is now Almost February 2013 & I have still not received my photos or Video. I have been trying to contact Eddie through email & by phone with no response. I finally found who the photographer was & she assured me she would send my pictures, but that she had given them to Eddie months ago. The videographer on the other hand informed me he was never paid, therefore will not release my video unless I pay him $300. I can't believe this happened to us & now on top of the $3,000 we are expected to pay another $300. It makes me very sad that we were ripped off & now we have no video of our special day

• Wedding: 07/20/2012
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We also were hesitant to use Solis Productions, however we were on a budget, so we agreed to meet with Santos the "co-owner" of Solis, we never even knew that Eddie was the actual owner until right before our wedding.
At the time, all of the reviews of this company were very positive and a search of Santos was "squeaky clean".
As we moved closer to our wedding day, we were no longer able to get in contact with Santos, as we found out from the real owner, Eddie, that Santos no longer worked there. We also began to realize very quickly that Eddie was completely unreliable and I begged my husband to fire them, and we would eat the cost of our deposit. Up to that point we had tried to get our engagement photos from them and were unsuccessful. My husband was nervous about our budget and asked me if he could take over this part of the planning. SO I agreed. Needless to say, our DJ never showed, and the photographer that we paid for, did show, but didn't have camera equipment, I'm still not sure how he thought he was going to take pictures.... My experience of this has pushed me to urge every person planning an expensive event, especially one so special, to do as much background checking as they can, and if you have a "gut-feeling" that someone is a crook, drop them, even if you pay a little more, at least they don't ruin your wedding like Eddie Solis has done to so many people.

Since then, we have found that this guy has been sued several times (at least 3) in small claims court, and he appears to be changing his company name and starting new companies so when you search his "co-owners" you find reputable people and positive feedback.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: DJ, Photography
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Wow, all I can say is wow.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I received some pictures, but due to Eddie being my DJ and calling me the day of my wedding to tell me "can't make it, my car broke down" we had someone else DJ our wedding. Being as the DJ just found out about our wedding, he messed up a bunch of stuff.

And yeah, of course his car didn't break down. He's just a really bad person.

We had 1 photographer show up to the wedding with a broken camera. Before our wedding started I had to tell him to leave. What a nightmare. Our other Photography actually did a good job considered the position she was put in.

Regardless, Eddie Solis is promising people he'll pay them back one day, and that only God can judge him. This from the same guy that scammed people on their wedding day. Wow.

I'm fairly certain what has happened here is criminal. Looks like he took over 10 people for 3,000 grand each. Sounds like about $30,000 to me.

Orange County Clerk Records search shows the address his list as his business, his mothers house, is in and out of Foreclosure, and he probably took everyone's money to pay those bills.

Taking 30,000 with no intentions of providing a service sounds like felony fraud to me.

As such, I was like to try to organize everyone to go after Eddie. He should pay everyone back, everyone should be put into contact with their individual photographers, and criminal charges should be brought.

He should not be allowed to get away with what he is trying to do. It's repugnant.

Please contact me so we can try to make this better for everyone.

I promise until I have all my money back, to find every company he creates and make certain everyone knows the person they are doing business with.

You might be able to close your LLC Eddie, but you can't deleted your name from Google.

Other business names found so far:
ESOLIS ENTERTAINMENT, INC

That was registered in Winter Garden 34787

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My husband and I hired Solis Productions for our wedding in 2011 when we got engaged. We payed IN FULL in 2011 for photography, videography and a photobooth. We were to get all of our pictures on a USB drive, as well as a coffee table album and two parent albums along with three edited DVD's of our wedding. We got married on June 5, 2012 and per out contract we were supposed to receive our pictures no more than four months after our wedding. We called and emailed and got excuse after excuse. Finally our pictures were posted, but only half. Another two months went by and another online album went up, but still our exit pictures were not on there. ( we did the sparkler exit, so I was excited to see those! ) Long story short, sometime in December we saw reviews about them going out of business. We again, called Eddie, and he promised us all of what we payed for. We have yet to get a USB with our pictures, and now our online album is password protected and he will not give us the password, so we can not even print our own pictures. Our videographer called and said that he had the raw footage of our wedding and that he could send this to us, or we could pay him an extra 200$ and he would edited our video for us, a service we have already paid for. We told him to just send us our raw footage and we would do the rest. We finally got our footage in the mail, a month or so later, and there were only tapes 1 and 2 of 3 and IT WAS NOT OUR WEDDING! We told the videographer that he sent us the wrong wedding and he apologized and asked us to send those tapes back and he would send us the right date. We still have not received those either! We have almost been married for 9 MONTHS now, without any of what we paid for from Solis Productions. We don't know what to do now. If there are any brides out there in this same situation, what did you do? We are looking into lawyers.

• Wedding: 06/05/2012