Solas Dine.Lounge.Rooftop

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

I recently had my wedding reception at Solas and it was the perfect venue. I had about 110 guests, which was ideal size for the second floor. The décor is attractive, esp if you embrace the reds in the room. My wedding colors were plum, red, and yellow. The combination of the flowers and the already created vibe of Solas was beautiful. Miriam, the coordinator, was amazing to work with. Very responsive, worked within what we were looking to budget, and made great suggestions, including the Hampton Inn for our guests (which worked out perfectly and was 2 walking blocks away). The bar is long so there was never a line. One of the aspects my guests loved most was access to the outdoor balcony, just off the dance floor. A great place to cool down and a beautiful view of Raleigh. The buffet was plentiful and people raved about it, esp the macaroni and cheese. We received compliments from so many of our guests saying it was the best wedding they ever attended and I have no doubt Solas helped make that happen. I would recommend them to anyone looking to plan a wedding reception or other fun event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose Solas for a big Bar Mitzvah party for our son - not a wedding - but it is just as festive an occasion! The second floor lounge is beautiful and cool, and kudos to our amazing event coordinator, Miriam Black, who was extremely friendly, understanding, smart and organized. We will definitely consider Solas again when we have another big celebration...can't say enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

We loved this place! I cannot say enough good things about our wedding ceremony and reception at Solas. Miriam Black, the event coordinator, and the staff were exceptional. They made me feel as though I didn't have a care in the world because they had it all taken care of. My guests raved at what a beautiful and fun wedding we had here. If anyone asks me if I know of a venue for a wedding...or any other kind of celebration...I'm pointing them straight to Solas!! And by the way, the food was crazy good!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Solas. The ceremony was on the third floor and the reception being on the second. The ceremony space is amazing! It is so different from the traditional church wedding, yet even my grandmother approved! They have lots of plants and such so not much need to decorate, which saved me hundreds. The isle runner was included, which saved me even more. The only items I felt I needed were two flower pieces to go at the designated alter space. Also, going with solas for the reception made the wedding even more easier to plan. The tables, chairs, linens and tableware is provided. I did not have to worry about each little detail so planning the wedding myself was possible!

Mariam was phenomenal to work with as well. She was extremely helpful and even coordinated my rehearsal since my officiate did not do rehearsals. This was such a relief for me as a stressed out bridezilla! I can not forgot the in house DJ Severance. He MC’d the entire event and even checked on me during the ceremony to make sure everything was going to plan. All you have to do is tell him what you want, give him the tools he needs and watch him go to work. The execution of everything was perfect. He knows Solas like the back of his hand and I would recommend using him if you are going to book with Solas. He was full of energy and got everyone on the dance floor.

I will say it again, the Solas team are AMAZING. I swear every time I saw the DJ, Mariam or anyone from the Solas team they immediately asked if I were okay and if there was anything I needed. Their presence just made my day. And guys…I was stressed. Solas and Severance are an amazing value for money and at the end, I feel like I made out like a bandit. The service they provide is above and beyond and they made sure my wedding was the best day of my life. Not to mention the food is incredible!

Kelly
10/11/2014

Solas is a beautiful, modern, impressive wedding and reception venue that needs almost no decoration to serve as a space for your event that people will be talking about forever. The rooftop is like no other space on Glenwood. The service is AMAZING - I wish I could personally thank each server/busser/chef/bartender that worked so hard to make our wedding reception seamless and fantastic. All of our friends and family cannot stop talking about how cool it was to have a wedding at Solas and how DELICIOUS the food was! I would not change a thing about Solas and their amazing staff.

But the true gem of this whole experience was Miriam Black, Solas event coordinator. Miriam is incredibly warm and friendly, professional, responsive, knowledgable and resourceful. She put us at ease from the moment we initially met with her, and continued to reassure us through tons of emails over the months leading up to the wedding. She was happy to quickly respond to all my questions, no matter how small. She was spot on with estimates for timing, food and beverage, seating, etc. Miriam really nailed it! Her guidance through the planning was priceless! Miriam was with us for the rehearsal and through the entire ceremony and reception. She was able to help create such a great wedding for us. I imagine she would be able to work with such a huge variety of people, as she was completely open to all our ideas and willing to help execute them on the big day! Miriam was a big part of us having such a great experience with Solas!

Jennifer
10/03/2014

Solas is so much fun! We had our rehearsal dinner there, Miriam provided excellent support; we arrived and the space was ready for us with the bartender set to serve us all his delicious libations and even provide our favorite music. Dinner was served on time, all was delicious and way more than we all could eat. After dinner we stayed for some dancing and more drinking... Perfect rehearsal!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Solas made all of our dreams for our wedding come to life! I must say when someone first suggested Solas as a venue to me I was very skeptical. I had been to Solas several times for night-life and I could not imagine it as a wedding venue. We researched and visited venue after venue and were not finding what we were looking for. We did not want a traditional ballroom wedding. We wanted it to be a laid back and fun event, yet we also wanted it to be sophisticated. It was also important to us to have everything in-house in a venue. After meeting with Miriam, the event coordinator at Solas, several times we decided to put our trust in her. She and her staff did not disappoint!! They went above and beyond to make sure everything on our wedding day went perfectly! We loved the diversity that Solas offered. We used the rooftop for our ceremony location. It was absolutely perfect! One of the things that attracted us to Solas was that the rooftop could be closed in the event of rain. That is always such a concern with having an outdoor wedding. From there our guest were ushered to the patio on the first floor for a cocktail hour. The reception was held back on the rooftop. Miriam's team transformed the space within the cocktail hour. We had a buffet for our guest and also offered a carving station. The food was great. The staff had a plate made for us and made sure we took a few minutes to sit down and eat. From there the dancing and party started. We had a sparkler exit out of the front door and left in a rickshaw with a "Just Married" sign attached. Everything went so smoothly and I know it was due to Miriam. She was event coordinator, staff director and wedding director all in one!
If you are looking for a unique and fun venue we highly recommend choosing Solas!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SO. Can we just talk about how cool this venue is.. IT IS. What made things even better is the event manager, Lauren DeAlto, went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my unique wedding was off the hook! It's hard to put in to words how amazing our wedding looked, and smoothly it flowed if you weren't there. We had a unique wedding, and Lauren went over the moon with making sure we got the food the way we wanted it, the space to look amazing, etc. etc. All of the vendors we used asked me for information on my "wedding coordinator".. and I had to tell them that Lauren worked for Solas - they thought she was my wedding planner because of all the crazy work and time she was putting in! Her team was flawless, and they made my day truly epic. Lauren was on top of everything going on, and worked with all my vendors to make sure we stayed on track with the timeline and she even went so far as to make sure we actually had time to sit down, uninterrupted, and eat our amazing food.

OMG THE FOOD! I still have people raving about the food. I wish we could have all the recipes. I am still dreaming about carne asada tortas, tamales, and empanadas.

Well I could go on and on, but basically.. if you are a unique bride, a modern bride, a colorful bride.. go to Solas! They'll bend over backwards for you, and treat you like a celebrity. I love Lauren (who is just such a rad lady in general), her crew, and the location (yay color!). Throw your money at them, I promise you'll love your wedding.

XO

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception this past weekend at Solas and is was amazing! We had our reception in the patio dining area and our pictures came out AMAZING. Lauren and the staff at Solas were a pleasure to work with and I'll def. recommend them to couples in the future. Thanks Solas!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Solas last week and I have to say I was nervous about having our wedding at a night club. I just didn't know how the vibe would be, I was unsure about the food and crossed my fingers. I worked closely with Miriam and Lauren so that every detail of our wedding and my OCD on this adventure was taken care of, but still... didn't know how it would go. Fast forward to the wedding day. WOW. Solas held for us the most beautiful reception I could imagine. It was spectauclar. The rooftop was so romantic and the greenery was a beautiful decoration to the city's backdrop. The reception was on the roof top with the roof open, fresh air and votive candles. It was so incredibly beautiful, the staff was on the ball, the energy was high due to the masterfulness of DJ Dave Severage (who we LOVED), and I can't express enough how thrilled we were. I would do it over and over at Solas and felt like our guests had a fantastic experience that did not feel like a boring wedding, but a fun time with great food, music and a celebration of our love. Thank you Solas. We loved our wedding and we are so grateful! (ps. your new banquet menu was delishious!)

Ellen
1 Review
06/29/2013

Take the worry out of the details. Lauren DeAlto and the staff at Solas were fabulous. What a great place to have your event. The food, the atmosphere, the value......I can't think of a better place. We had a WONDERFUL time as did all of our guests. THANKS Lauren and Solas for EVERYTHING!

Private User
1+ year ago
3.9

Solas is a wonderful modern backdrop for a wedding. The rooftop is scenic and features a retractable roof and the 2nd floor features a see through dance floor. You will have decor flexibility and the Solas team is very experienced. The only thing I would suggest is that you be proactive and have your own support person to make sure your wishes are carried out.

Also as far as food... The food at Solas is VERY GOOD, but they seem to struggle a little bit with cooking in bulk as a few guests seemed to have food that was a little undercooked. Any issues they had, however, were immediately addressed and corrected! The waitstaff was also very friendly.

Great Value!

Solas Dine.Lounge.Rooftop responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review. I am not sure who this is (maybe Erika?) but I truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us plan for future weddings. I would like to invite you and your husband in for dinner next time you're in the area! Give me a call and I will be happy to set up the reservation!

Lauren DeAlto
(919) 917-8663

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Sharon
03/30/2013

Everyone at Sola's was very nice and extremely helpful. Lauren went above and beyond to help make my wedding perfect!
Everything was awesome! And the food was great!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Amanda
12/30/2012
3.5

Solas is a beautiful restaurant in downtown Raleigh. We hosted our rehearsal dinner there the night before our wedding. I really enjoyed the wait staff and the servers, as they were very pleasant and helpful.

However, we had rented one of the 'outdoor' rooms that was supposed to be heated. It was very cold!! They said that one of their heaters was broken. It took us a long time to convince them that it was too cold for us to continue out there and they finally moved us to the bar area. They did give us a discount for their trouble..but I would have rather they have just moved us to another room in the first place, or found another heater.

I think under different circumstances, this might be a good choice for a rehearsal dinner. However, I probably wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a rehearsal dinner again, but for a private dinner for two, it's a great choice!!!

Services Used: Catering

Highly recommend Solas for wedding receptions! My fiance (now husband yeah!) and I had a tough time trying to narrow down a location for our wedding reception in September and after enjoying an evening on the rooftop at Solas decided to contact their event coordinator. I went to the first meeting thinking that just like the major venues in Raleigh it would be so far out of our budget, however, I was completely wrong.

From this first meeting, we knew that Solas was the perfect venue and was unexpectedly within our budget. We had a wonderful experience and Lauren the event coordinator literally read my mind when it came to what I was dreaming of in terms of the set up for the space (we had reserved the second floor lounge). Our families are an eclectic crowd and everyone had a wonderful time and was more than comfortable. And one huge plus was the fact that unlike a lot of hotel venues etc. that the windows and openness on the second floor was wonderful and I am so happy we didn't choose a hotel venue where we would have been trapped in a windowless room.

For brides out there worried about access for older generations attending. Don't worry about this at all at Solas. We ended up adding valet parking which also fell within our insanely tight budget and elevators make it so easy so they don't have to walk up stairs.

The food was fantastic! We ended up choosing items for a buffet set up and unlike your typical buffet it was such a treat to be able to offer our wedding guests options other than the typical options.

By the end of the day everything had run so smoothly I felt like I had just walked through a dream. We didn't have to worry about anything the whole time we were there and everything went wonderfully. A huge thank you to Lauren and the staff at Solas for making us (and our guests) feel so special and welcome on our wedding day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently used Solas for my wedding venue. My Husband and I were searching for a nontraditional yet affordable venue and were about to give up for our plan B...eloping to some tropical paradise until we had a drink one afternoon on the terrace of Solas and realized the potential this venue has for any type of event. We met with the Event Coordinator "Lauren Dealto" who was AMAZING! She's super laid back but extremely professional and helpful. She worked within our limited budget and made sure we missed out on NOTHING! Our ceremony was held on the rooftop followed by the cocktail hour and reception on the 2nd floor. We even used one of the VIP rooftop cabanas for the after party. Lauren AND her staff truly made our wedding perfect...even taking my husbands smelly shoes back to our car...long story! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was...seriously, we didn't pick Solas for the food but you'd have a hard time telling our guests that. Aside from the eats, our guests really enjoyed the convenience Solas provides with only a staircase or elevator between wedding venue and reception. Sound was top notch as one would imagine since it's a club by night, they offer very inexpensive valet parking, original and modern decor, and killer cocktails.

Lauren also set us up with our DJ... "Dave Severance" who moonlights at Solas for various events and drove our wedding from start to finish allowing us to select our playlists for the cocktail and dining hours while doing what he does best during the party portion and keeping the dance floor (see through!) packed with moving bodies.

Lauren is an ace...use her while you can. We're huge fans and you will be as well. I don't think this place is going to be a wedding secret for very long with her behind their event planning.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning