Soiree Catering

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Larry and his team at Soiree were AMAZING!!! When I was looking for wedding vendors, a big factor for me was responsiveness...there are so many vendors that take 2-3 weeks to even respond to an email, not Larry! He was very responsive and helped me tremendously along the way! The food was fabulous and I received so many compliments, especially on the mini fried green tomatoes! Thanks again Soiree, we loved everything about your services!
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow. Larry and the entire team at Soiree hit a home run catering our wedding. Larry was great from the start with offering menu suggestions and tips on how to get the biggest bang for our buck. Soiree was one of a number of preferred caterers for our venue, but they had the most reasonable pricing and most appealing menu so we chose them. We had 64 people total, and we were below the minimum for people or $$ of some of the other preferred caterers.
Usually wedding food=bland, forgettable, overcooked, mushy and overpriced, but not with Soiree. The food from Soiree was amazing and our guests was raving about how great it tasted. You would never have guessed that it was catered food that was not prepared on site. People were enjoying the food so much, we had to tell them to get up and get back to the dance floor! For passed hors d'oeuvres we had the mini grilled cheese sandwiches (YUMMY!), mini fried green tomatoes (also yummy) and petite chicken salad sandwiches (I heard they were great). We had a heavy hors d'oeuvres buffet with the following items: shrimp and grits (words can not describe how great this was, the shrimp were HUGE and plentiful), pulld pork BBQ with years rolls (also amazing), three cheese squash casserole (it tasted more like the yummiest baked mac and cheese you've ever had), mixed veggies-yellow and purple potatoes, carrots and green beans (also yummy, and they were cooked perfectly), a salad (very pretty and fresh) and tomatoe pie plus mini deserts served along with our wedding cake (lemon squares, raspberry something-or-thers and bread pudding bites that were all yummy).
I loved how they packed up some of the leftovers for my husband and I to enjoy after we were back home.
I am so glad we chose Soiree, they exceeded my expectations! My only suggestion to them is that they open a restaurant so that I can have their shrimp and grits and pulled pork BBQ again soon.
Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with Larry at Soiree and he made sure all the menu changes that I wanted were accurate and completed. Soiree's food was wonderful and they made it a point to serve my husband and I all of the appetizers we wanted while we were finishing pictures and then bustling my dress. We made it a point to sit down and eat at the reception - thanks to our wedding planner and Soiree - if only for a few minutes. The guests complimented on the food and presentation (which we didn't get to see). One of my biggest nightmares was the food not tasting good, but the food was amazing!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Larry and his team did an amazing job at our wedding at the Old Courthouse in Decatur! From our first meeting at the tasting, Larry was very knowledgeable and the food was amazing! They worked with us to stay within our budget and gave great suggestions regarding linens, colors, etc. They set up the room for the ceremony and also did the flip for the reception, and everything looked perfect! And we had so many guests tell us the food was amazing, and some of the best wedding food they'd ever had! I would definitely recommend Soiree to any bride!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW! I cannot think of a single thing that I didn't LOVE about this company! From the moment we met, our needs and desires were clearly the most important thing to the company. It was as if we were the only event they were focusing on (and we were not). They are very flexible with your budget and do their absolute best to stay within it and still create a BEAUTIFUL event! AND THE FOOD IS AMAZING!!!! I wish they had a restaurant!
Wedding: 03/16/2013
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We were disappointed with Soiree Catering. Up until the day of the wedding we were not worried about them at all and were totally confident with our choice in them. The tasting was great, they worked with us in regards to the budget and were very accessible in answering any questions we had. The night of the wedding everything was great (apps and salad) until the actual dinner was served. It was supposed to be family style but the dishes came out one at a time in 15 minute increments. We thought/expected all of the dishes to come out at once so everyone could pass the food, like true family style. Half of the food was also cold. We have voice our disappointment to them and they have tried to make it better but in reality we can't go back and redo our wedding over. It was a fabulous night and almost perfect, with the exception of the food.
Wedding: 11/09/2012

Anonymous 4 Reviews
My husband and I first heard of Soiree because it was on the list of recommended caterers for our venue. Larry at Soiree was extremely helpful and responsive when creating his proposal and in follow-up arrangements. I sent my dad and brother to do a few taste tests with our catering choices, and Soiree came back with the best reviews -- all of their dishes were absolutely delicious -- in addition to having a very competitive price. On our wedding day, the servers were very courteous. They set aside food for my husband and me to eat both at our reception and packed us a generous to-go box. They also reserved the top layer of our cake with minimal damage. I recommend Soiree to anyone looking for delicious food and great service!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These guys are fabulous! Kelly in particular is so helpful and understanding - she makes you feel like she has everything under control through the planning process and come the day of - everything WAS under control! Not only was she responsive and knowledgeable, she really worked hard to make our day special and reflect who we are. She listened to us every step of the way and made the entire experience fun. The food was great (highly recommend the mac and cheese!) and the staff was just icing on the cake.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Soiree was one of the preferred caterers for our venue; we worked with Larry. He was very helpful in the planning process and definitely the day of the wedding. He emailed us their menu and told us to choose our favorite foods from the list and give him an idea of what our budget was. We did exactly that and he created our menu for us. We then went for the tasting and was even able to bring my mom. The food at the tasting was delicious, and we decided to keep everything the way it was for the wedding. On the day of the wedding, my husband and I did not get to eat much food since we had a sweetheart table and our guests were coming to congratulate us and take pictures. However, the food that we did eat was good, and all of our guests absolutely loved it! One of the favorites was the Curry Cashew Chutney.

Larry and his staff also flipped the room during our cocktail hour so that it could go from the ceremony space to the reception space. We had a little over 100 guests, and it did not take them long at all to setup.

Larry and the rest of the staff from Soiree were a pleasure to work with!
Wedding: 07/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Larry from Soiree for our catering, and we absolutely loved it! He is a very genuine and friendly person, but he definitely also knows his industry. His advice was invaluable, and the door was outstanding. We wanted something different for our evening wedding, and we chose to have breakfast food. Well, I will tell you, Soiree has some of the best grits I've ever had in my life. In fact, everything they made was outstanding! I definitely highly recommend their service.
Wedding: 02/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Soiree for our recent wedding in Decatur, and couldn't have been happier with our choice. Our main contact was Larry, and he was fabulous! He made the process super easy, and was accommodating at all times. From helping us figure out our budget, to what kind of menu we preferred, to the linens, to the setup - Larry was on top of it and made it all so easy. He even allowed us to come check out a wedding that they were catering so we could get a good grasp of how they worked/maneuvered around and delivered a proposal. It was beautiful, and at that point, we made our minds up! Our guests continue to rave about the food and service, and we are so happy we decided to trust Soiree with our big day. We were in great hands, and everyone was taken care of! Highly recommended!
Wedding: 08/06/2011

Private User 1 Reviews
Soiree was fantastic! They catered my daughter's wedding, and everyone cannot stop talking about how terrific the food was! Lots of great compliments and questions about who did the catering!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We really enjoyed using Soiree. The food was delicious and they were open to our suggestions on everything. We had a little bit of a difficulty getting a menu and pricing, but it was worth it because in comparison to the other caterers we were looking at, the food was just as good, the service just as professional, and the price was great! Definitely check them out!
Wedding: 04/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Exceeded my Expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The presentation was elegant! The food was delicious! The service was amazing. Our guest will not stop talking about the dishes! The guest's choice was the deep dish tomato pie. I will defintely have Soiree cater my next event. Larry was very professional and gave his expertise to all details. He worked with my budget and ensured I was happy!
Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Soiree for catering and wedding planning. They started by building my menu around my favorite restaurants and my budget. The food was so delicious that my husband just asked if we could have Soiree make our reception meal again! :) Re: the wedding planning, Kate sat with me to get an idea of my "vision" for the wedding and she ran with it, so much so that I felt comfortable letting her make decisions without me! Kate and her team are not just professional and responsive, but they make everything very personal. The entire wedding turned out more perfect than I had even hoped. All of our guests are still raving that it was the best wedding they'd ever attended.
Wedding: 09/05/2010