Smokin Willy

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Excellent catering for our wedding! Chris was great to work with, his staff was very professional and kept the event running smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing. He was even able to handle a special request for us (corn in our cornbread) and take care of a last minute change by providing coffee for the reception, all without \any problems whatsoever. And the food was absolutely delicious and by far the best value we could find in any catering company we looked at. Provided great insight into what works well for groups of our size, including the appetizers during the cocktail hour and food and drink quantities for the reception. Can't recommend this company enough!

Erinn
04/04/2015

Smokin Willy is the BEST option if you want great food at your wedding! My husband is from Kansas City (where BBQ is king) and wanted our wedding food to be delicious and memorable….well Chris and his team delivered!!

Chris was highly professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We were undecided about the a few of our menu options and # of hors d'oeuvres but he worked with us leading up to the big day. On the day of our wedding, he and his staff were prompt and did a great job of serving our guests. The BBQ was delicious and we had many guests going back for 2nds and 3rds. We still have guests mentioning how much they enjoyed the food and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had.

Additionally, Chris supplied all of our rentals including the chairs, linens and farm tables. His farm tables are affordable and beautifully complemented our rustic chic decor.

We highly recommend Chris and Smokin Willy!

Services Used: Catering

Smokin Willy catered my 10/4/2014 VA Vineyard wedding. They brought grills on site to serve chicken and steak. My wedding guests had nothing but great things to say about the food served, and enjoyed the experience of walking out to the grills to get their dinner. Chris Scharrer was a pleasure to work with. He was very familiar with our venue and offered great input, his staff was also extremely friendly and provided excellent service at the wedding. I would highly recommend Smokin Willy to cater a wedding or any upcoming event you may have!

1 Review
Recently Married

Everyone absolutely raved about the food and we couldn't have been more pleased with the service of Chris and his team. Funny thing is that Chris called me a week before our wedding to relay that Tracey (whom we had worked with in the planning process) was no longer available to run the event BUT reassured us that it would be amazing and gave us his personal guarantee. He followed through on that!! Te food was amazing, his team set up the reception site wonderfully and they knocked it out of the park. They have this catering business down to a science. I HIGHLY recommend Chris and his team to anyone and have gladly relayed his contact to others that commented at our wedding. ?

Services Used: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

Tracey and her team were fabulous! She was easy to contact, answered all of our questions, and was extremely flexible with our menu options. Our guests repeatedly told us how great the food was and kept going back for more! Her and her team went above and beyond our expectations for the set-up and clean-up. Our event could not have been successful without them!

Recently Married

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Smokin Willy for our wedding. We were looking to have bbq/picnic style food for our reception, and Tracey Giffith completely understood our vision and helped us put together a fabulous menu for the cocktail hour and dinner. Right when we went in for our tasting, we knew we had found our caterer! Throughout the whole process, Tracey was very responsive and even came out for a site visit to get an idea of our venue and where the food prep and serve stations would be set up. She made everything so easy that we didn't need to worry about a single thing when it came to the food. The staff and cooks were wonderful as well! All food was prepared in a timely manner and they cleaned up everything so quickly and discretely.

The food was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend getting the pigs-in-a-blanket for an appetizer. They are divine! We also had burgers and grilled chicken, which were out of this world! All of our guests were raving about how delicious the food was.

We are so glad that we chose Smokin Willy for our wedding. I really believe that we couldn't have found a better caterer. They have the perfect combination of value, quality, professionalism, and delicious food. Thank you!!!

Randee
06/14/2014

Our guests are still raving about the amazing food that Smokin' Willy served at our reception! Tracey and her team are AMAZING to work with - we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Tracey answered all of our questions leading up to the big day, and helped my mom feel at ease and calm (not an easy feat!). The food was absolutely scrumptious. 110% recommend Smokin' Willy!!!!

Services Used: Catering

I cannot recommend Smokin Willy enough. Our guests raved about our food! So often wedding food isn't very memorable, but 7 months later, we still have people telling us how great our food was.

We knew we wanted BBQ, and we wanted a more casual wedding, but not TOO casual. Smokin' Willy was perfect! Not only was the food memorable because it was different, but it was so good. We had just over 200 guests, but no complaints. That means success!

Additionally, the owner of our venue, who used to be a caterer herself, recommended Smokin' Willy. That says something to me.

Tracey, the event coordinator, was great to work with. She was very flexible in setting up a tasting, and I was sold immediately after the tasting. She gave us such a reasonable price that we simply couldn't pass it up. She was always very responsive and helpful. She put up with all my crazy questions and requests.

Smokin' Willy also provided tables and chairs for our reception since our venue didn't, and they were able to come the Thursday before our Saturday wedding to set them up. It worked so well for us! The crew set up all the tables and chairs for us, which was a huge help. We could then decorate for the entire reception two days before it, which really helped our stress levels.

Another cool thing they provided were these wine barrel tables for our cocktail hour. Such a cool touch.

As with any wedding, the day of ours was a whirlwind, but Tracey and her crew knew exactly what we wanted and did such an amazing job. From being great bartenders, to serving hors d'oeuvres, to making sure there was always plenty of food during dinner, and so on...we couldn't have been happier. The food was so amazing that our guests went back for second and third helpings...even I stopped talking to guests for just a bit to get a second plate of food! (What bride does that?)

I can't say this enough--if you want good food and a reception done right, go with Smokin' Willy.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We want to express our appreciation to the Smokin' Willy's team for the outstanding job catering our event.

From the start, they worked with us to plan a great menu and even accommodated our special requests. They maintained contact with us from the tasting through service of the food at the event. Their thorough communication with us made the party planning process much easier because we had no worries about the food.

When party day came, the Smokin' Willy's team was on time and organized with set up and food preparation. Appetizers and drinks were politely served and perfectly mixed to make a wonderful introduction to the evening. The end result was a buffet that was beautifully decorated and nicely presented to our guests.

However, the most important factor is always taste. Again, Smokin' Willy's came through with flying colors. Everyone commented on the deliciousness of the food. Confirmation on the quality of the food was that our guests were competing to take the leftovers home.

The party turned out to be a gigantic success and much of the credit goes to the Smokin' Willy's team for delicious food planned, prepared and served in a professional manner.

Thanks for everything and, rest assured, we will recommend Smokin' Willy's to anyone planning to cater an event.

Services Used: Catering

Hands down, the most delicious food we have EVER had. We approached multiple caterers about our vision for our wedding - hearty comfort food done well (totally wanted to embrace the fact our wedding was in the middle of winter). We gave Tracey a list of our favorite comfort foods (chicken pot pie, mac&cheese, grilled cheese, VA BBQ, cornbread, sweet potato fries etc) and the result was unbelievable. To this day, many of our guests are contacting me saying that it was hands down the most delicious wedding meal they have ever had! So much so, that they went back for thirds, fourths, even FIFTHS! I also had a vision to host a "bubbly bar" and a "whiskey bar" at the wedding. Tracey helped us figure out exactly how much of everything drink related we needed to purchase, and made sure that each bar was a slamming success!

Aside from the outstanding food, Tracey was an absolute delight to work with. She was so accommodating to our needs and proved to be someone we could really trust throughout the wedding process. She pays great attention to detail and has a knack for taking people's visions and making them a reality - you will not regret working with her!

1+ year ago

Everyone at the wedding loved the food! Most people ended up getting a second plate. The employees were on the ball and Tracy would always get back to me in 30 minutes or less when I sent her an email. She went above and beyond by making a schedule for the night so everything went smooth! We will be visiting the store so we can grab a bite to eat and remember the phenomenal food that we got to share with family and friends

Services Used: Catering

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Smokin' Willy's! Tracey went out of her way to make sure that everything was just like we wanted it, she and her staff were so professional, helpful and did the most amazing job setting up; tearing down and cleaning up! They even left the kitchen in better condition than when they got there. It was so nice to know that we didn't have to worry about anything because Tracey and her staff had it all handled!
The food was more than amazing! We are getting calls asking us who our caterer was and we are not shy about telling them! We had brisket, chicken, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, mac n cheese, cornbread and salad. Even one of our close friends who is extremely picky about his BBQ said it was the best that he has had in years!
Tracey was so helpful and responsive when it came to all the silly and last minute questions that we had, we couldn't have asked for a better person! Her staff did such a great job, they looked and acted professional, the bartender was perfect and they went out of their way for us and our guests!
I would definitely recommend Smokin' Willy's/Deli South to anyone having an event, not just a wedding. Working with Tracey made everything so easy and stress free!

Services Used: Catering

My husband and I met in Texas, and so we wanted to have a Texas vibe at our wedding, complete with live music, a keg of Shiner beer, and of course, awesome BBQ! Smokin Willy's did an amazing job catering our wedding. Tracey was so accommodating and pleasant to work with, from the beginning til the end. The staff was extremely professional and helpful. Our guests loved the food, especially the brisket, which was very authentic. We would definitely recommend Smokin Willy's for any couple's wedding reception. And until we move back to Texas someday, we'll be going out to eat at Smokin Willy's often to get our BBQ fix!

-B and L

1+ year ago

We were looking for a BBQ joint in Loudon County, VA to cater our wedding--I'm a BBQ nut--and Smokin' Willy was the first--and the last place we tried. Their catering operates out of DeliSouth in Leesburg, and they absolutely blew me away. Their brisket was the absolute star of the show--the owner's wife is from Texas-- but the pulled pork, BBQ chicked, collards and mac and cheese were also spectacular. I've travelled all over the country eating BBQ and this was easily the best I've had in Virginia.

So that takes care of the food, but how was the service? First rate!!! Tracey the catering manager is a wonderful person and a true pro. She met with us five or six times, came out to our site twice and had everything under control at all times. On the actual wedding day she was working another event (a possibility we had known about) so Chris the owner ran the show and he was every bit as good. Their waitstaff and bartenders were friendly and professional, and were so good that we didn't need to think about catering for even a second on the wedding day.

We give Smokin' Willy's our enthusiatic, excited, thumbs up, absolutely no reservations recommendation.

Services Used: Catering

We highly recommend Smokin Willy for your wedding. Our wedding was low-key and we did bbq style food. The cost was very reasonable. Tracey was amazing to work with and made our day stress-free by having everything in order. Our guests raved about the food - especially the mac & cheese! We highly recommend working with Smokin Willies for your wedding.

Lauren
06/01/2013

I recently worked with Chris and Tracey at Smokin Willy for a wedding I was planning. I honestly don't know what I would have done without the two of them! When it came to coordinating the details together, Tracey was sure to help out in any way possible and was more than happy to give my clients exactly what they asked for. Prior to the event and on the day of, Chris was a phenomenal right hand man! I was also in the wedding, so it was such a relief to have someone I can trust to finish prepping and overseeing the set up. I really look forward to working with Smokin Willy again. I would very highly recommend them to anyone planning an event, no matter the casualty!