Simple Elegance in Cake Design

Simple Elegance in Cake Design

Come Taste the Simple Elegance Difference

10260 Hawks Wing Street
Las Vegas , NV 89178 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane took my ideas and photos and made a cake that not only turned out exactly like I'd envisioned it, but he somehow made it look even better. It was beautiful. My guests said our cake was some of the best they'd ever tasted. Once I told Dane what I wanted and selected my flavors, I never had to think about it again. Everything was perfect and it was great to have at least one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about for the wedding day.

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane came very highly recommended as having the best tasting cake in town, and we are so glad we chose him to design our wedding cake. He is a true professional with an eye for detail, and his cake flavors are extraordinary and delicious! He was easy to work with, our cake was flawless and it arrived on time. I can't wait to order more special occasion cakes from him again!

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Can I just say OUTSTANDING!?! We worked with Dane for our wedding cake. We had a destination wedding in Vegas so I went by all of the reviews as well as a recommendation by our reception coordinator. I called one other place before choosing Simple Elegance in Cake Design, and decided to go with Dane as he promptly responded to my questions I left for him in a voicemail. He was very courteous and was very flexible with how we wanted our cake. Not only did the cake come out beautiful, it was absolutely delicious! We went with the strawberries and cream cake. I had 2 pieces and I had a friend who had 3 pieces! I don't think there was a crumb left over. I've heard stories of how fondant may not taste so great, but Dane's/his chef's recipe is AWESOME! He also made paying for the cake easy and it was done securely. I did not have to do any following up with him, as he followed up with me as he said he would, to confirm the head count and that we were still a go for our big day (made my life easier with all the vendors I had to work with).
I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND SIMPLE ELEGANCE IN CAKE DESIGN!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had used Dane for my Cousin's wedding and everyone raved about the cake.
It was a beautiful heart shaped cake in three tasty flavors.

So we did not hesitate to use him for our cake last weekend.

I let him choose the flavor of the cake, and even left the design of the cake up to him using fall colors.

The cake tasted Great, and was the perfect amount.
There were flowers used in centerpieces and through out the room.
Dane took the left over bits and made it tie in with the decor of the room.
It was perfect.

I can't wait for our next occasion to order another cake.
Thanks Mister Dane!!

• Wedding: 11/20/2011

PHENOMENAL!!! AMAZING!!! DELICIOUS!!!

I had the pleasure of being one of Dane's first Tampa Bay brides. Not once was I disappointed with his professionalism or quality of work.

The wedding cake was one of the most important aspects of the wedding for my husband and I. After having been to several weddings with poor tasting cakes, we were determined to find a baker who could create a beautiful AND delicious cake. Dane of Simple Elegance is that person!

I met with 6 other bakers prior to Dane. Each of them could create a beautiful cake. However, half of their cakes tasted like store-brand box mix and the other half were way too overpriced. I was starting to wonder if it was possible to find an affordable yet delicious wedding cake.

I was just about to give up when I met with Dane. During our first session, he brought 6 unique cake combinations to try. EVERY SINGLE FLAVOR WAS AMAZING! Each flavor was perfect; it actually made it difficult to choose a flavor for our cake!

Prior to our wedding, my husband and I ordered 4 different cake toppers to enjoy; including one for our anniversary. Every single cake was amazing!

I ended up ordering both the wedding cake and the groom's cake from Dane. The wedding cake was white cake with pear brandy filled with Bavarian cream and chocolate shavings. Many of our wedding guests were going back for seconds and commented that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! The guests were also very impressed by the cake design (we ordered the white chocolate petal cake). The groom's cake was just as amazing. Dane created a realistic alligator cake for my gator-fan husband! People didn't even realize that it was a cake until we cut into it!

Dane, it has been a true pleasure working with you! I am honored to be your first Tampa Bay bride and will definitely use you for our future confectionary needs! Honestly, I don't think I can wait 1 year to cut into our cake topper!!!

STOP LOOKING FOR BAKERS, Dane Bethea of Simple Elegance will not disappoint you!

THANK YOU!!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Dane at Simple Elegance thru our family's business.
His mom is a client and refered him to us. We tasted 5 or 6 flavors and had him do one in each
of the three layers of our cake. All were yummy! Purple ribbon and Hydrangias filled between the tiers.
He had a business in Vegas that included a Tea Room... so outside of the salads and fruit that we provided, we had him do three different Tea sandwiches to complete our luncheon menu. Chicken Sandwich was very different from what one would expect... we loved it.
We got a great deal and a great value.
So glad his mom was in the day of our discussing the wedding.
I would recommend this vendor, and would use him again and again myself!

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Simple Elegance created the most amazing cake for our wedding. His cakes taste better than anything we have tasted and it was absolutley beautiful. He is really amazing. Thanks Dane!!!

• Wedding: 09/12/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane is definitely the Best. Our cake was a work of art. It was a shame to cut into it, but the inside of the cut was to die for. You must try one of Dane's cakes. He is such a pleasure to work with and his cakes are a "must have" for every occasion. You won't be disappointed. Thank you so much, Dane!

• Wedding: 04/24/2010
trixie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We fell in love with this place. The cakes here are so good and was such a big hit at my wedding. The owner "Dane" was such a great person to work with. He had wonderful ideas and did exactly what I wanted. He made my whole experiance so great that my husband and i will be going back every time we stop into vegas. They have a really sweet tea room as well. Great prices and the best cakes in the world.

• Wedding: 03/13/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane made us the best tasting cake we have ever had! We had Red Velvet with a cream cheese filling and white cake with amaretto, filled with Bavarian cream and chocolate shavings. It was coated with butter cream and drizzled with chocolate gnache.
We got a ton of comments on the cake. A lot of people had more than one piece!
He even made two Red Velvet cakes for us on short notice for Valentine's Day.

• Wedding: 02/27/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband loves red velvet cake and that's what he wanted for our wedding. We met with Dane for a private cake tasting where he introduced the various combinations of cakes he has for weddings. By the end of the tasting my husband had completely changed his mind and we selected the most amazing and delicious wedding cake ever!! Dane is absolutely AMAZING and worked with us down to the littlest detail for our wedding cake. We wanted a very simple and elegant design and he made the perfect cake for us! Everyone at our wedding raved about it! It was beautiful AND delicious!!!!

• Wedding: 11/07/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane's cakes are WONDERFUL! I live in Illinois, so I was a little apprehensive about choosing a bakery from so far away, but Dane made everything very simple for us. All of his cakes that we tried at the cake tasting were delicious, and we had a really hard time choosing between all the options. (My husband doesn't like cake and hadn't eaten a bite of cake since he was 5, but even he liked Dane's cake.) We ended up going with the "petal" cake (shown as his profile picture - instead of fondant it has giant petals of white chocolate on the outside) because it didn't have any fondant, which I think looks great but can taste just ok. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the cake was AND how great it tasted!! Wedding cakes are usually either pretty or yummy, but rarely both - I was surprised I found Dane's fantastic cakes from so far away! I would recommend him to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used this company for our wedding cake when we held our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. It was poolside in October, so Dane suggested fondant. We asked him for an old school "tattoo" style cake. He came up with a fun double heart pattern. The cake was absolutely delicious. The BEST tasting cake I've ever eaten! Even the fondant (of which I was never a fan) was tasty.
They delivered the cake and put our topper on for us. The husband's name was spelled incorrectly even though they called to confirm it. ?? Don't know what happened there, but someone @ the wedding noticed and they took it and fixed it.

• Wedding: 10/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane was great to work with for my destination wedding planning. His cake was delicious and looked absolutely beautiful, just what i wanted. I highly recommend Dane!!!

• Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I live in New York and when I booked Simple Elegance, I didn't realize the level of quality you get for your money before I decided on a design. Dane had no problem FedXing me three cakes to taste (I choose Red Velvet,SOOOO GOOD!!!) and then I gave him the Idea for cake to be a 6inch round top cake with 25 cupcakes cascading down covered in blue cream cheese icing. The cake turned out better then i expected absolutely beautiful and tasted magnificent. Me and my husband decided to get another cake from there for our 2 year anniversary when he comes bake from Iraq, we can't wait.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
First-Love01
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dane makes amazing cakes that are delicious. I couldnt have asked for better service in the whole planning of my wedding cake. The only downfall is that he lost the order sheet and I ended up getting the wrong flavour for the grooms cake. It still tasted amazing but just not what we ordered. I would suggest him to all future brides looking for a stunning great tasting wedding cake.

Simple Elegance in Cake Design responded with the following comments:

I lost no paperwork No flavor was chosen for the grooms cake at the time of the tasting. I went thru the coordinator to find out what flavor you wanted she told me to do the flavor I did.

• Wedding: 09/11/2009
702-240-2253
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards