Sherwin Gilmour Party Center

Sherwin Gilmour Party Center

Favorite
Mayfield Heights, OH
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.8
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married
1.2

We wanted a taste testing to select foods for our reception dinner. This manager wanted us to come back each Saturday when there was another wedding and bring home foods from other people’s events! We did this only once because it was very uncomfortable driving up during someone else’s event (people from the bridal party standing outside) and taking aluminum pans of food away (that they paid for). She said the chef is not prepared to make single servings just for the two of us :/ so there was never a formal food tasting. We had to select items from the menu and hope for the best! By then, it was too late to back out because it was so close to our day.
Before we made our entrance on our wedding day, I hear the manager say that “the restrooms smell gross because the sewer backed up again.” Some of the promised lighting was missing, other than that, the ceremony went great. During the reception, several of my guests mentioned that they had 5+ liquor drinks and they didn’t feel anything. After overhearing this and questioning others, I had to think to myself because I was on my third and would usually feel something. The manager (working the kitchen) tried to assure me that the liquor was not watered down. She even opened a new bottle and poured a shot, then poured a shot from the bottle that was currently being served. I TASTED A CLEAR DIFFERENCE. Then SHE tasted it and noticed THE SAME THING, but she blamed it on her bartender using the rest of the bottle from last week’s wedding and “the flavor evaporated into the air.” My wedding planner suggested that the liquor that ‘went bad’ be replaced with new bottles because she has been hearing complaints as well. Well, the ‘manager’ stormed out and was not seen again until the end of the night when she told me to begin taking things home and clearing my decorations (on my wedding day).
My guests now say that my event was beautiful, but the service was very poor. Servers were very rude.

0.0

Not wheel chair accessible. That act passed in 1986, I believe. So, venue is not legal

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The place was amazing. I had no complaints. The food was good and everyone worked well. The place looked amaxing for my wedding

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A gorgeous venue! The people are really nice, patient, and helpful. They made sure that everything we wanted, we got. Just about everything was provided in our package (wedding cake, table linen, chair covers, chair sashes, centerpieces, food, desserts, pastry table,liquor,bartenders and security). They have special lighting effects (our wedding colors were orange and ivory so the venue had a orange color tint to it for us). They even included a champagne toast for all wedding guest, not just the bridal party. We couldn't have picked a better venue. It was everything we wanted and more.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake