Shelly's Designs Florist

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I ADORED all the flowers that Shelly did for my wedding! She was so fantastic to work with- from meeting with us early on since I was moving, to making sure we could meet with her again when I was visiting, to the day of the wedding- fantastic. My vision changed a little bit along the way, and Shelly graciously and creatively accommodated that. She helped me stay within my budget, which I really appreciated. All the things I had asked for came out better and more beautiful than I could have imagined. I HIGHLY recommend Shelly's Designs Florist!!

Services Used: Flowers

Shelly was wonderful to work with. She was excellent at giving advice for what went well together to make the wedding day flowers exactly like I wanted. We had previously used Shelly for my elder sister's wedding and she was fantastic then too. She had everything to decorate the church and reception including a unity candle set and pillars for the flowers. The church and reception were beautiful! Thank you Shelly for making my wedding beautiful.

Recently Married

We loved working with Shelly and were thrilled with how our flowers looked. She did a great job helping to plan for the day, and her attention to detail was excellent. Everything went smoothly and we got many compliments on how beautiful our flowers were.

Haley
04/18/2015

I showed Shelly a picture of the flowers that I wanted, and she made exactly what I asked for. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! Well worth the cost! She did beautiful work! Definitely would recommend her to anyone!

Recently Married

It was wonderful working with Shelly. She took my ideas and made them even better than I could imagine. She was very responsive to questions and concerns. I would recommend Shelly's Designs Florist to anyone planning a wedding!

Services Used: Flowers

We found Shelly’s Designs online and really liked the arrangements that she put together. We also liked that she was an independent business owner. Because we live in Chicago but our wedding was in Grand Rapids, the majority of our communication was via email. Shelly was extremely responsive and timely and made this an easy process.

We arranged a meeting with Shelly and she is great - extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She provided suggestions and really helped us narrow down what we wanted. We opted for real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres and then fake flower arrangements for the front of the ceremony room, which we rented from Shelly. These arrangements looked great and were available at a fraction of the cost of a real, large floral arrangement. She also has a multitude of different items you can rent, including card vases/boxes, name card holders, candle holders, vases and numerous other items. Her prices are extremely reasonable as well.

Shelly delivered everything on time and as expected and even came and picked up all of our rental items at the end of the night for a nominal fee. Our bouquets and arrangements were GORGEOUS and even better than discussed or expected. Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the flowers were. My only regret was that I had to leave for my honeymoon two days after the wedding so I didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy my bouquet after the fact! If I ever need floral arrangements again, I would definitely contact Shelly and would recommend her to any of my friends and family!

Services Used: Flowers, Invitations
Recently Married

Shelly has done a great job! We meet with her and she walked us through everything. I had brought pictures of the flowers that we wanted and different ideas that I liked. She was able to help me figure out what I wanted and what flowers would look great. I would highly recommend her. Shelly is great to work with and I cant wait to see what she will do for my wedding! I highly recommend her :)

Services Used: Flowers, Invitations

Shelly did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding. She was fantastic to work with and was able to help us stay in budget. Shelly made the whole process easy for us and was so patient with listening to our ideas and responsive to what my daughter wanted as well as me, the mother. You could tell she had an experienced eye and knew exactly what to do to make my daughter's wedding absolutely amazing. We both were so happy with EVERYTHING!! We heard over and over again how everything looked very simple but elegant. We could not have done it without Shelly. She is truly amazing!! Thank you so much Shelly!!!

Services Used: Flowers

Shelly was a phenomenal, high-value florist, referred to us twice at other amazing weddings in the area. She works in a home studio to keep costs low. She also knows what is going to be in-season and will substitute for another flower that just won't work that time of year (peonies vs. garden roses).

Even if you have a good-sized budget, she'll still keep you aware of costs so that you are spending your money for what you really want. For example, we loved a bouquet she had featured on her website that had monkey tails. She likes monkey tails, too, but she also let us know they cost $8/pop! That adds up quickly and could eat up the budget that could go towards more sizable, high-impact blooms. We found other contemporary flowers to add for the "fun factor," and they turned out perfectly.

Shelly is up-to-date with technology. She keeps an active Pinterest page of her work (www.pinterest.com/shellysdesigns/) and you can easily share your Pinterest ideas with her. She takes diligent notes during your meetings to record exactly what was discussed so there are no misunderstandings, too. However, she's also really flexible! Our outdoor ceremony venue had lots of black-eyed Susans, and my mother called a few weeks before the wedding to see if we could incorporate them into the flower arrangements and bouquets -- no prob! We had a bike-themed wedding, and we found some cute beach cruiser bikes to display at our reception. They had big baskets, and my mother asked Shelly if she would add flowers to the baskets. Well, she didn't just add flowers -- they were overflowing and amazing arrangements, and the cost was extremely competitive.

My particular vision was for bright colors with lots of interesting textures. We decided on orange callas, roses, pincushion protea, red berries, yellow billy balls, hot pink garden roses, hot pink dahlias, black-eyed susans, succulents, and seeded eucalyptus. They held up very well. We planted the succulents in our garden in Texas!

Recently Married

Shelly has a wonderful showroom and had exactly what I was looking for to go with my simple and elegant vintage wedding theme. She was very prompt whenever I emailed her, and she was very helpful to me when I moved out of town and was trying to coordinate everything from the other side of the state.

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We planned our wedding from out of state. Working with Shelley was a wonderful experience. She took every idea we had and made it possible. On our wedding day the flowers turned out better then I could ever have imagined. Everyone who attended our wedding said that they had never seen such beautiful arrangements and flowers.

Services Used: Flowers

It was a complete joy to work with Shelly on planning my daughter's wedding which took place on May 10th.

Shelly is the total package...She is first and foremost very talented. Shelly's designs are incredible! Shelly is also one of the nicest and most pleasant people I have ever met. She is fun and is totally interested in making your event exactly what you want. She listened to everything my daughter had in mind and went from there...We absolutely LOVE her!!!

Shelly offered several different options and gave us plenty of time to work out our selections. Shelly has many different decor items to rent which enhance the final product of her designs. Her ideas and concepts are so beautiful you cannot go wrong!!! The flowers she made for my daughter's wedding still today (3 days later) look as fresh as the day they arrived at church.

Shelly delivered in more ways than one...(literally and figuratively)...I heard over and over again from our guests that they have never seen such an elegant and beautiful presentation! Thank you, Shelly!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
1+ year ago

Shelly did a wonderful job on the flowers for our wedding. I had heard such great things about her and she's truly lived up to her reputation. I still have people coming up to me asking who did my flowers because they were so beautiful. She was able to tie in all of my colors and made the hall so bright and colorful. Thank you so much Shelly!!

Services Used: Flowers

Shelly is amazing- everything for my wedding was flawless! It was exactly what I imagined it would be, and can't imagine the flowers being more perfect that they were. I had a winter wedding- and she was kind enough to call me ahead of time to inform me that some of the flowers might brown in the cold, so to take pictures of them ahead of time (as I was planning to do outdoor photos). I was so grateful for that- she even included an extra bout for the groom for when the first one got a little brown ;-) Everything was just amazing- thank you, Shelly!

Services Used: Flowers

Shelly is the BEST wedding florist! I live in Chicago and was married in Grand Rapids. I had one in-person visit with Shelly and I felt she listened and understood exactly what I wanted from that one visit. Leading up to the day, I spoke with Shelly on the phone and we exchanged a few emails. Shelly was always very professional and quick to respond. On the day of, I was so happy to see everything Shelly pulled together! Also, Shelly has the most gorgeous rental pieces to go with the flowers! She has them displayed in her office so you are able to see the actual pieces instead of just looking at pictures. I recommend Shelly to anyone who wants a hardworking, creative, professional vendor!

Mark1234
08/17/2013

Shelly's floral arrangements were beautiful for my daughter's wedding. This was a challenge for Shelly considering my daughter lives in Seattle and was married in Grand Rapids. But, Shelly is a good listener so she had the color and arrangements perfect for the outdoor ceremony, tables, cake and bouquets. The wedding was at the Grand Rapids Public Museum which has tight time schedule for set up and take down. Shelly worked very efficiently and professionally with the schedule allowing the bride and families to enjoy the wedding. There was a last minute need for roses for a rose ceremony which Shelly supplied. I highly recommend Shelly and plan to use her again when the need arises.