Shakewell Studios Wedding Photography and Videography

Shakewell Studios Wedding Photography and Videography

A Blend of Classic and Modern Cinematic Wedding Cinema and Photos that is unique!!

San Francisco, CA 94107 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited Video, High Def...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jesse and his team were so great! I wasn't so sure that I wanted to spend thousands of dollars on a videographer, but I'm so glad that I did. The same-day-edit was beyond my wildest dreams, and I can't stop watching it. He captured every moment in a way that felt natural rather than intrusive. I had my reception on a HUGE yacht and was a bit concerned about the rockiness of the boat and changing lighting angles affecting the quality of the video, but Jesse and his team were able to capture the entire day without any issues!

Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014

They are awesome!!

I hired Jesse and his assistant to be a part of the biggest day of my life. For several months before the big day, he put up with all my repeated questions and concerns and every time he was able to calm my nerves. At the time we lived in Georgia and were having a San Francisco wedding since California was our home. He was very professional with me and despite it being the holidays when I came into the Bay Area to run wedding errands, he freed up his schedule to answer more questions in person and meet my fiancé and I.
The big day came and from the moment Jesse and his assistant walked into our frantic hotel rooms, my mind was put at ease as I knew I made the right decision in hiring him based on only 1 meeting.
The entire day, evening and all 10 hours they were very professional and patient with us. They even allowed our photographers assistant ride in their car when we had to change locations for photos.

When it comes to life's biggest moments, you want to be surrounded by those you trust. Trust Jesse and his team at Shakewell Studios to document those days. Can't recommend them enough!

Here's my video of their amazing work

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Paula
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jesse and his assistant, Libby, were the videographers at our wedding at Cornerstone Gardens in Sonoma, CA. In short, we couldn't have been happier with their work during our entire wedding day. Jesse and Libby first arrived at the house where our immediate family were staying to film everyone getting ready. Certainly not an easy task as both my wife and I have four siblings each, most bringing plus ones. But of course, Jesse and Libby met each one of them, remembered everyone's names, filmed them, and incorporated each family member in their final footage. Also, our families were staying on a rather large property, which Jesse and Libby were able to document in its entirety, including all of the beautiful surrounding scenery in the hills of Sonoma County.

Next the entourage was whisked away to the wedding venue, for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. We were so happy with how Jesse and Libby captured all of these events, a including religious pre-ceremony event. We loved how Jesse and Libby worked with our photographers, capturing all of the important "photo" moments on video in real time. We were so excited when our videos arrived. We received high-quality full-length video for each of the special events digitally, which was great because we could easily share it with our families and friends. However, we were especially happy with the edited video that Jesse put together, along with great music, which incorporated all of the day's special memories. Everyone who saw it loved it! We were easily able to post it to Facebook, which was great.

All in all, we loved working with Jesse, Libby, and all of the rest behind the scenes at Shakewell Studios. A+++++++++++!!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It seems like the second you get engaged, everyone wants to give you advice, and it's often contradictory advice. But the one thing we kept hearing over and over from married couples was that the best money they spent on their wedding was on a videographer.
Now, only moments after seeing our highlight film for the first time, I'm so glad to say they were all right.
Everyone says your wedding day is a blur because it's true. Pictures are amazing, but having a video with the vows we spoke to each other, and the words of our friends and family, is something we will cherish and get to relive for years to come because of Jesse and his team. There are so many things to spend your money on when you get married, and I am SO glad we prioritized a video over things like over-the-top flowers and programs that no one remembers or notices.
The moments Jesse and his team captured, the music they picked for the video, the editing, and the overall quality--it's all flawless. Jesse and his team are true pros and they produce beautiful work you'll want to watch over and over and share with those who could not be there to witness the day in person. I cannot wait to show this to our grandparents who weren't able to make it--I know it will mean the world to them!
Bottom line, out of all of the decisions you have to make while planning a wedding, this one should be incredibly simple. Book Shakewell Studios asap--you will not regret it!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Kristina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THE BEST DECISION WE MADE WAS HAVING SHAKEWELL ASSOCIATES FILM OUR WEDDING! My husband Steve and I can't say enough amazing things about Ferguson, Randy and Libby. Before our wedding we must have watched dozens (and I mean DOZENS!!) of wedding videos in search of the perfect videographer. Honestly, Steve didn't even want a videographer at first thinking photos would be enough. I heard every excuse including that it wasn't in the budget. Without a doubt, Steve and I agree that hiring Shakewell Associates was the best decision we made for our wedding. We fell in love with the Shakewell style! The music, the audio, and the feel were exactly what we were looking for. Both Steve and I met with Jesse before the wedding to talk about expectations and how our wedding day would go. Everything Jesse told us was true about his associates. They were on time, professional, personable, fun and worked great with our photographer. Everything went seamlessly. Before the wedding we had communicated the items that were most important to us via the questionnaire that Jesse requested we fill out. They really paid attention to the details. Steve wanted clear audio for all the speeches (which turned out PERFECT and is really perfect in all the Shakewell videos!) and I wanted to make sure the complete vows were filmed and the chandeliers were included somewhere in the video :). The video far exceeded our expectations!! My favorite parts of the video are our vows and the music Jesse chose to play with them. We are forever grateful to Shakewell Associates for capturing our perfect day!

Check out our awesome video and see for yourself!

vimeo.com/101985468

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Hillary
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister got married several years ago, and after seeing how amazing her wedding video turned out, I knew I would settle for nothing less than a true professional. I reviewed dozens of wedding videographers, sorting through dozens more videos before happening across Shakewell Studios. I clicked on a highlight film from a local wedding search--I laughed, I cried, I was inspired. I watched these strangers get married over and over again. It was THAT good. The first time I witnessed Jesse's "Matrix Shot", I was sold.

I contacted Jesse and discovered my date was available. Oh! Yay! We reviewed the products and services available to us. Honestly, it was more than I initially budgeted so I continued to shop around. In doing so, I came to one conclusion: there was no other company that could match the quality and price of Shakewell Studios.

Once I committed, Jesse sent a very extensive questionnaire. At first it seemed daunting, but that questionnaire actually helped me plan details I hadn't even considered before. I was pleasantly surprised at how much that questionnaire helped shape and clarify our vision for the big day. Over the phone, Jesse was helpful, understanding, and just a cool guy. Because a videographer is such a big part of your wedding day, it was so nice to enjoy having them as much as our guests. Throughout our wedding day the entire Shakewell Studios crew had a great vibe and made us laugh--all this in spite of the hectic schedule and very important task at hand. This is where their professionalism came shining through.

In short...do not hesitate. If your date is available, book Shakewell Studios and don't look back. Watching your wedding movie from Jesse will be the best thing next to your first kiss as husband and wife.

• Wedding: 04/12/2014

>The short of it:
Creativity and teamwork at its best. Stealthy film ninjas. Laughter, fun, and more laughter. Book them, hakuna matata!

>The long of it:
I never had the chance to meet Shakewell Studios in person before our wedding day. Jesse (the owner) and I mainly communicated via phone and email. From the start, Jesse was incredibly patient, understanding, and helpful. If I had any questions or ideas, he would respond within 24-48 hours with his answers, thoughts, or advice.

Last Sunday was our wedding day and it was the best day of mine and my husband’s lives. From Shakewell Studios, we had Jesse, Ferguson, Mike, Church, and Libby. When I think about Shakewell filming our first look, ceremony, and reception, the words “stealth,” and “teamwork” come to mind. Shakewell was beyond amazing, caring, calm, team oriented, well-orchestrated, and just awesome. I never noticed the cameras, only the team who worked so hard to bring our film to life. I would occasionally catch their eye and would receive a smile, a wink, or a nod of encouragement if I was on the verge of tears.

Our wedding party and I could not stop talking about how great Shakewell was and how much fun they were to spend the day with. At one point, I saw Mike and Church help hold the lighting for our photographer. That simple act of kindness and going above and beyond their job duty definitely touched my heart.

You should book Shakewell Studios for your wedding if you are looking for cinematographers who:
> Pride themselves on their creativity, artistry, and story telling
> Will go the distance to get the shots you want and the ones you didn’t even know you wanted
> Squat and crawl on the floor to get a shot of your wedding dress train go by - thanks Jesse ;)
> Work incredibly hard as a team and makes you feel like a part of their team
> Who believe in telling your story in a way that you will relive over and over again for the rest of your lives.

Thank you so, very much, Shakewell Studios!

• Wedding: 10/27/2013
Margie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING to sum it up but I'll start from the top for you :)

In planning our wedding, we considered omitting video as a way to save the budget but after many of our friends and family mentioned regret that they didn't video their own we decided to go for it!! We found Jesse at Shakewell Studios and their films were amazing!!! If we were going to pay for video, we were going to pay for the best :) No sense in skimping on the one thing that will allow us to re-live our wedding day over and over.

Jesse's team filmed our wedding day and they were great! So friendly, professional and even though we had three on the video team as well as two photographers following us around we hardly even noticed they were there. Perfect.

We just got our edited video back and I can't even express how perfectly they capture the day in a 9 minute edit!! OMG we have been watching it on repeat for the last few days and every time we get tears in our eyes! My husband especially ;) The film is edited and filmed so perfectly it could be a movie!!! LOVE the way it came out!! Hands down it was worth every penny. His style of weaving the speeches with the vows and clips of the whole event are so well done. All of our friends and family are so impressed with their work. I especially love the sunset shots they got of my husband and I :)

Here is a link to our wedding film:

Bravo to the Shakewell Studios team! You are worth every penny and more :)

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jesse and his team was awesome!!! When I started looking for a videographer, Shakewell was the first and last place I looked at that's how great their work is. I could go on saying how great their work is but you would have to look them up yourself and watch their videos.

Shakewell Studios
(415) 225-4262

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Turns out, I was a Groomzilla and my wife was the sane one. I completely took over vetting vendors and imposed impossible standards on them. With that said, Jesse and his crew are without a doubt the best videographers ever. The crew was methodical yet lighthearted and fun. You can just tell they were super focused, neurotic about not missing anything, and constantly thinking about the next shot. In the end, Jesse delivered exactly what we had hoped for, picked beautiful music for the video, and we love watching our wedding videos; over, and over, and over again.

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you get any decision that you have to make for your wedding right, let me assure you that hiring the right Videographer is one that you want to nail!
Let me first start out this review by saying, I researched Videographers EXTENSIVELY. Not only did I do my research, but my husband (then Fiancé) and I interviewed each one of them IN PERSON. From the very first moment that we met Jesse, we knew choosing him Studios as our Videographer was the right decision. Honestly, the buck stops with him…It doesn’t get any better!
Here’s what we liked:
His Professionalism! Very prompt to responding to emails. There was never a time where I felt nervous or unsure about anything. I had no doubt at all that he was familiar and knew the details of my wedding and was going to capture it all! The day of my wedding, he arrived earlier than he was supposed to, followed my fiancé and I to another location to take our own pictures separately prior to the wedding, and he stayed later than planned during the reception!
His Portfolio of work! It made me think beyond receiving just a video but rather a full blown Hollywood movie production!
His Attentiveness, eye for detail, intuition and ability to not miss and capture the most beautiful, most meaningful moments that happen in the blink of an eye on the actual day! Watch my video and you will see it for yourself! https://vimeo.com/60137188 .
His Flexibility with payment! This one is a BIGGIE! My #1 advice would be not to short sell yourself on a Videographer because they are cheaper. In my opinion, my wedding Video was more meaningful than the actual pictures because the video brings the day to life!
See my Yelp review for a more thorough review. Wedding wire cuts the review section short.

Shakewell Studios Wedding Photography and Videography responded with the following comments:

Hi Teaira, thank you so much for the nice review and for all the wonderful comments and messages I have received from your friends and family. I'll never forgot the look on your face when we showed up to the hotel that day. It was like you hadn't seen your favorite uncle or cousin in years. You made us feel very welcomed that day and I'm excited to be able to have been your cinematographer on your wedding day! Congratulations to the both of you and hopefully we see each other again in the near future!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jesse sprained his ankle the night before our wedding and was GREAT about sending extra film guys and asking them to stay longer than their allotted time! Also, the finished product is amazing - we've gotten SO many compliments on our video.

We did have to follow up with Jesse a few times to fix minor details - something my husband and I would rather have avoided, however, I'd definitely recommend hiring them! Well worth the price!

Thank you Aliza for the review!

Best,
Jesse

• Wedding: 08/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jesse and his crew filmed both our Love Story and our wedding - far exceeding anything that I though was possible. Jesse was extremely easy to work with and I could tell that he had a vision for our video from the first time that we talked with him. His crew was very professional while maintaining a ninja-like presence at the wedding. They seemed to be everywhere at once, yet never getting in the way. I personally enjoyed the fact that they used ear pieces to communicate - giving everyone the impression that we had Secret Service running around the venue.

Jesse debuted our Love Story video at the reception and it was phenomenal. Our guests were all riveted to the screen. The bonus was when we realized that Jesse had managed to splice in same-day footage from our wedding into the Love Story. It truly raised our event to another level and we received so many positive comments about it.

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I reached out to Jesse after watching 2-3 videos because we enjoyed the quality, music, and theatrical feel. After receiving detailed info on services and pricing via email, we set up a time to meet at our wedding site, the Lawrence Hall of Science. Even though Jesse's work stands-alone as an awesome product, we wanted to make sure we vibed well together. From first contact with Jesse, I appreciated the no-hassle approach to providing pricing, info, and availability. After the first meeting, we decided on the booking Jesse, selected the Documentary Style with 2 cameras, and added the highlight video. Fast-forward to the day of, and Jesse and his team delivered on every aspect. He arrived on-time and went straight to work. He staged my dress and accessories beautifully and watching him work early during the day made me even more excited about what I would be watching when my film was done. Based on all the great footage Jesse and his team shot, I know they were everywhere but neither my husband or I recall any aspect of being in front of a camera. Jesse captured moments, the best moments in our opinion, lit them perfectly, and edited the evening's events with expertise precision. The movie was exactly what we wanted and the highlight video complimented the full film. Every attendee of the wedding seemed to be featured in the highlight and every person that talked to me about the highlight video could only assume I paid tens of thousands of dollars for the movie production that was our wedding. I'm happy to report the movie did not cost that much! Jesse's prices were competitive and worth every penny. We'd hire him over and over and have recommended him to all of our friends. Thanks again for a great film, Jesse (and team)!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We did a destination wedding coming from Utah. I thought I had everything planned so perfectly but as usual it was hectic! The team from Shakewell went ABOVE and BEYOND to make this the day of my daughters dreams. Their patience and professionalism really shows! We were like headless chickens running around and they made sure everything was caught on film that we missed in our blur. They were drug around on the beach, in the cold and wind and simply did whatever it took to capture the moments we so wanted to keep.

I found Jesse in looking for photography in San Francisco. To be honest...I was unaware of videography. I ended up bringing a photographer(friend) from Utah and hiring Jesse/Randy for the video. GREAT DECISION!! I kept going back and watching Jessies wedding videos and I admired his art to the extent I decided to take up videography in Utah. None of the work I have seen local here can hold a candle to his!
Just about anyone can take some video and put it to music, but the way he creates his film is unique. He has a degree in film making and it shows! I can only hope to make videos of the quality he produces someday.

Yes, videography is pricey. With the cost of the flights, lodging(and on and on) I just about decided not to do the video. The film he has captured of our journey to San Francisco and will remind us forever of the wedding AND the beautiful city by the bay!

Jesse and Randy are worth every penny!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The studio is very creative and their work is simply amazing!!!
They are super talented, we loved so much to work with them.The whole team were very nice but the same very professional.
The way they captured the moments and how Jesse edited the film was beyond words.
We were moved when we saw the film, this film is the one thing that is left after the wedding.
If you want to capture your special day than you should take Shakewell!!!

• Wedding: 04/02/2012