SGF Moments

SGF Moments

Favorite
Viginia Beach, VA
757.705.5040
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I'm providing this review prior to receiving our video footage back; however, I have no doubt Shawn also exceeded expectations in that area!
My bridesmaid convinced me that I would regret not having a videographer, so she went on the hunt to find one that would fit reasonably in our budget. Shawn was extremely responsive, we loved his portfolio, and his prices were so reasonable! Shawn kept in close contact throughout the whole planning process and was very flexible with accomodating our unique times for the ceremony and reception. He didn't get in the way at all during the ceremony or reception, but was there the entire time to capture the special moments. In addition, he was very polite and a pleasure to work with! We can't wait to see our video for the day and pass along to family members that were not able to physically travel to our wedding.

Services Used: Videography

Shawn did a phenomenal job with our wedding video! We were so impressed with his work. He charged a very reasonable price and captured all of the great moments that we will be able to look back on for years. We got all kinds of extra goodies and his creativity is fantastic. At first, I was unsure about spending money on a videographer, but I am SO glad that I did. It is a MUST. If you hire Shawn, you won't be disappointed! :)
- Jackie & Steve Hussey

Allison
05/31/2014

I REALLY DO MEAN 5 STARS!!!!
Shawn was wonderful to work with and gave us a video we will cherish for a lifetime. He was very professional on the day of the wedding, I barely noticed him. He arrived in plenty of time to set up equipment and test.
We held an outdoor ceremony and the Reverend had an issue with the microphone. I don't know how Shawn did it, but in the video he corrected the sound issue, so the video sound was perfect.
We had a few requirements that Shawn met and helped ensure happened time wise.

Our wedding was the end of May. We received a 1 minute montage within weeks to see and share. The total video (about 2 hours, very well organized) was sent to us in late July.

I have recommended Shawn and will continue to recommend him to others.

Services Used: Videography

Shawn did the videography for my wedding yesterday in Richmond, and I couldn't be more thrilled! He was always readily available to answer any questions I had during the planning process, and he was incredibly professional and prompt. He does incredible work, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful videographer for their wedding!

Lauren
05/18/2014

Shawn was amazing! He's so calm and quiet that you'll forget he's even there! Definitely helped keep me as the bride feeling calm and comfortable on my big day. His work is truly magnificent. He's so talented. He exceeded all of our expectations. My husband and I truly relived the best day of our lives when we watched our wedding video. Shawn helped to capture memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We can't thank him enough! You certainly get your money's worth and more!

Lisa
05/17/2014

Shawn was absolutely FANTASTIC for our May wedding in the Outer Banks! We received our wedding film in the mail this weekend and could not have been happier! Watching it from start to finish brought back all those wonderful feelings we felt on the day. Shawn is incredibly easy to work with and incredibly responsive. He provides high quality work at very reasonable prices. As someone who was initially on the fence about a videographer, I'm SO grateful I went through with it!! The best part for us was that, during the day of the wedding, Shawn caught all the amazing moments without interrupting the flow of the day.

We cannot thank Shawn enough for giving us such amazing footage to remind us of how special the day was! We literally cannot stop smiling as we watch it! :-)

Leslie
02/09/2014

Shawn was absolutely awesome and did a fantastic job with our wedding video! He was the last vendor I hired because I was on the fence about hiring a videographer (we were almost maxed out on our budget!) but I'm so glad I contacted him. Not only was he very accommodating to the type of service I wanted, but he was very nice, friendly, and easy to talk to. On the day of, I was very impressed with his professionalism and demeanor. He even showed up early to set up his equipment and the microphones. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome because the montage video he produced captured our very personal ceremony, along with all the different "highlights" of the day. I would definitely recommend Shawn to any bride/couple in the market for a video guy:)

Kimberly
01/18/2014

We had a wonderful experience hiring and working with Shawn as our wedding videographer. We wanted to document the entire day, from getting ready to the send off, due to a few relatives not being able to attend and the full package was completely worth it. Shawn documented us getting ready in a very tasteful manner and highlighted sweet moments perfectly. All of the art films were nicely done and ranged in length from short 3 minute recaps to the full event. Shawn arrived early (he was even at the venue before we arrived!) and worked well with all of our other vendors. We received our DVDs along with a flash drive of all of the footage within about 3 months. In each DVD package was a DVD of the "Art Films" and then another that contained the full footage of all of the wedding events (getting ready, cake cutting, newly-wed game, first dance, etc.).
I would definitely recommend using Shawn. He is professional, affordable and truly has a special talent.

Private User
1+ year ago

We contacted Shawn just over a month prior to our wedding and could not be happier about that decision. Friends of ours recommended him from their wedding and we would absolutely do the same. Shawn was great to work with leading up to the wedding - the packages he offered provided a good variety of options, the booking process was simple, and he was extremely prompt with his responses.

On our wedding day, Shawn arrived early to check out the venue and we were confident that he'd get all of the footage we wanted. We really didn't notice he was around most of the time, but after watching our videos it's clear that he was everywhere! We received the videos in a very timely manner and have watched them more times than we can count.

Having Shawn there to capture our wedding moments on video was definitely one of the best decisions we made. For the value, you can't beat this.

Services Used: Videography

From the moment we first met, I knew that I made the right decision choosing Shawn as our videographer. His artistic flair that allows him to make his video very personal is what drew me and my groom to him. He is amazing and one of the best investment we made for our wedding. At first, my groom wondered why we need a video of our wedding, but he is definitely on his toes anxiously waiting to see Shawn's video of our wedding.

We cannot wait to see what we have missed and we would not be able to see this without Shawn's help! You were simply great with what you do and cannot wait to see the videos!

Services Used: Videography

Our videos (two moments montages and a full length video) turned out great and we couldn't be happier with them. I am so glad we hired Shawn, as he was truly a pleasure to work with on our special day.

Chrissy
09/14/2013

Shawn was so great to work with! I am so happy that my husband and I choose to hire a videographer because he truly did capture all of the amazing and wonderful moments of our big day. He was very responsive, flexible, and accommodating to our needs both before and after our wedding day. Furthermore, he was incredibly nice and professional to all of our guests and other wedding vendors. Unfortunately our photographer was a bit lacking in professionalism and missed a lot of our important must-have shots, but Shawn was actually able to capture all of the moments that our photographer missed! Needless to say, I am so happy that we chose to hire him and would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for an affordable and professional wedding videographer.

Mary
09/07/2013

Shawn Girvan was very easy to work with. He answered all our questions and listened to us when we talked about what we would like to have included in our films. The finished products are beautiful. We are very happy with the results.

Matt
06/29/2013

Shawn was timely and very helpful leading up to our wedding day. He answered all of our questions promptly and provided us with suggestions as we explained how our wedding was structured. We had a larger break in-between our ceremony and reception but Shawn insisted this would not interfere with usable video shooting time. On the wedding day, Shawn arrived early to setup and discuss our final schedule which was very reassuring . The final cut of our wedding included all of our special moments with perfect audio and HD video as he was in the right place to capture every moment during throughout the day. Of all of our vendors on our day, we were most pleased with the professionalism and quality of work Shawn produced.

Carey
06/22/2013

Shawn did an amazing job of capturing all of the special moments of our wedding day. We absolutely love our wedding videos and I know that we will cherish them for years to come!

Services Used: Videography

Shawn did an amazing job!! He was so professional and completely on top of everything. The guests hardly even noticed he was there. All of the footage he captured was so wonderful and the way he put it together and made the wedding video was perfect. We were beyond happy with him and I would highly recommend you use Shawn as your videographer!!! You will be so happy you did.