Serendipity Weddings & Events

Value
Flexibility
Angie
10/25/2014

Carrie Ann did everything she promised and more!!! I would happily use her again for any event.

Jennifer
06/01/2013

CarrieAnn was a pleasure to work with. She had many idea of how to make the wedding unique and also helped us to gear these extra things within a manageable budget. It was obvious that she had personal relationships with certain vendors and that was why she recommended them, but she was open to me going with vendors i preferred and the persons she did recommend worked out really well. She was very accommodating by meeting with us the week prior to go over minor details. On the day of everything was pulled off beautifully and I did not notice anything wrong. She had 3 helpful assistants who were there to cater to myself and my husband on the day of and checked in with me about timing to ensure i was satisfied with the progression of the wedding as outlined on our schedule. Her floral arrangements for the table were simple and affordable, but still beautifully done. I was completely amazed with the bouquet she made for me. She was able to include my sparkly theme by putting rhinestones in some of the flowers. The flowers held up for pictures and the ceremony. She thought through minor details well and helped us remember things we'd never thought of. Very accommodating and worth the money. Would strongly recommend her for a Charlotte wedding.

Sharon
05/25/2013

Carrie Ann and her side kick Hope did a great job! Everything turned out just as I wanted. Very accommodating and got right back to me with all questions and emails. Hope was there the day of wedding and she was great! My guests were very impressed with her as well. I definitely recommend serendipity weddings for your wedding.

Private User
2+ years ago
0.5

I was so incredibly disappointed by Carrie Ann. I had been waiting for my wedding day for over 10 years...it meant so much to me to finally get to walk down the aisle. I placed so much trust in her to help me make sure that my wedding day ran smoothly and she left before the ceremony even started. She told me she was going to lunch...and never returned...never told me she was leaving...I was shocked. I asked very little of her prior to the wedding date, no vendor visits....no late night phone calls...nothing, and then on my wedding day she took off on me and as a result my reception was a disaster. I spent the entire night running around trying to fix things that she had assured me she would be there to handle. The only memories that I have of my reception are related to what a mess it was. When I tried to discuss it with her she was rude and insulting and tried to blame everything on my caterer. She claimed that things didnt go as planned because i had "cut corners" but i had spent over 30k on my wedding and in reality, she knew very little about the actual details. She refused me a refund and would not respond when I asked her to explain why she didn't reach out to me when she found out that I was upset that she left. I feel like the only thing I got out of her services was help setting up my reception tables and some really bad memories..I could've easily done this on my own and saved the $$ that I threw away on this company. I feel completely ripped off and wish I had done more research on her because I later found that she had several unhappy brides that feel the same way. Her whole demeanor seemed to change towards me when she offered her floral services and I declined. They were going to cost me more than what I was paying her for her planning services....it seemed crazy to me especially since I already had centerpieces. Next thing I knew she was trying to tell me that every little thing was going to be an extra charge..unbelievable.

Whitney
04/20/2013

CarrieAnn of Serendipity Events helped plan and coordinate my wedding in April 2013. She was so responsive on a daily basis. She had great, unique ideas and took my thoughts and ran with the overall theme. She was always keeping me on track with things I needed to do and had a great timeline for things to do up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, CarrieAnn and her team were incredible. She was so well prepared, had everything under control and it went perfectly. CarrieAnn also did my flowers - all I can saw is WOW! Check out her site - there are lots of mine on her example page and she did an amazing job. I really wanted a "garden" wedding with lots of flowers and she pulled it off without a hitch. She helped make our wedding day one to remember and we could not be happier. She has become a friend through it all and we are so lucky to have found her for our special day!

Bette
04/20/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Serendipity and Carrie Ann. After a disasterous first attempt at hiring a wedding planner, my daughter and I met Carrie Ann at a Starbucks and it was instant chemistry. It didn't hurt that my most favorite movie of all is Serendipity! Carrie Ann was exactly what we needed. She and my daughter hit it off right away. Carrie Ann is extremely knowledgeable about every aspect of planning a wedding and was an absolutely great asset in choosing all the vendors that we needed. She knew how to cut costs where they could be cut ( fake layers in cake to get height we wanted) but also knew where you shouldn't cut corners. She is also a great florist - a perk that we took advantage of! Her team pulled off the day of the wedding with perfection - which was no easy feat since the bride was very much into details, details, details! If you want a perfect day and a stress free ( well almost stress free - it is a wedding after all!) year leading up to the big day, you need to talk to Carrie!

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

CarrieAnn did an amazing job for our wedding in Savannah, GA. I hired her mostly for the day of coordination and a few consultations so she knew how plans were going. We met at a central location almost a year out from the wedding and she asked a ton of questions wanting to make sure that she understood what my thoughts were for our big day. She also suggested a wonderful photographer that turned out amazing. I had CarrieAnn do my flowers as well, they turned out great! Overall I would recommend CarrieAnn to anyone. She completely took the stress off me on my wedding day and handled it all. Thank you for making out day perfect!!!

Erin
03/09/2013

Carrie Ann made me feel absolutely at ease with the process of planning a wedding through her expertise and friendly, supportive approach. She is kind, über organized, creative, proactive, and very professional. She offered a listening ear when I faced challenges and offered tons of great feedback and solutions. She offered perfect recommendations for every service and vendor I needed. She really listened to my vision and brought it to life with her floral and room designs in ways I'd never dreamed. The day of went flawlessly from the guests' perspectives - we are still getting compliments on what an amazing event we threw. I know challenges were happening behind the scenes, but Carrie Ann and her team were cool and collected the whole time and took care of everything. My day as a bride was truly joyful and carefree because of her excellent leadership.

0.2

This review is for future brides who want a say in their wedding day. Carrie Ann has some wonderful ideas, but if you make a different suggestion of bounce ideas off of her, she becomes your worst enemy. In April she was hired, and by August we had still not had a single vendor appointment. I have to consistently communicate to get the ball rolling. She would claim there were appointments that fell through or make excuses why she hadnt worked on something yet, in the end she quit leaving us high and dry with 6 months planning and nothing to show for it. She quit because we "couldnt work effectively together" when in hindsight it was simply because we didnt agree with every detail she wanted. Do yourself and your wallet a favor, look for someone better qualified to help you plan your wedding day. After all you should have a say if how it turns out.
P.S. She would not give a refund even though we didnt have a single thing to show for her services.

Serendipity Weddings & Events responded with the following comments:

Unfortunatly, you can't make every client happy and when clients expectations or wants exceed their abilities/budget its the vendors job to be honest, sadly honesty in this case backfired. If it can't be done it simply can't be done, it is not a matter of not getting to do what I want its more about being realistic about what you have to work with.

Bobby R.
10/13/2012

We enjoyed working with CA and her team!!! Thank you for your efforts!!!

Heather & Bobby R. Nance !!!

Julie
09/29/2012

I love CarrieAnn! She's a gal after my own heart, which means we make quick solid decisions... no wishy-washy-ness :) Her contacts with Party Reflections were great and her Stems by Serendipity floral skills created beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres. On the day of, CarrieAnn and staff provided all the coordination which allowed me to relax and enjoy. Due to rain, they had to move the ceremony inside. Everything happened seamlessly. I knew everything I needed to know, and they kept secret from me the things I didn't need to know (i.e. the mad dash clutch move to retrieve the forgotten handkerchief!). Thanks for making our day so memorable and enjoyable!!

Kate
09/28/2012

Hiring Serendipity Events to help manage my wedding was absolutely the best decision I made during wedding planning! I purchased the "She Said Yes" package which includes coordination 2 months before and direction of the rehearsal and wedding day. First of all, Carrie Ann was a pleasure to work with. She was easy-going and very flexible to meet with me (I was planning from out of town). She kept a binder with just my wedding plans and was very organized! She had the timeline figured out weeks in advance and sent out to all my vendors with each other's contact info so everyone was on the same page. She also had relationships with some of the vendors which made them much easier to work with. At the rehearsal, Carrie Ann made the process move as quickly and easily as I could imagine it to be. She somehow got the groomsmen in line (which is like herding cats) and kept everyone on the same page so we could get out of there as soon as possible while knowing what we needed to do. On the day of the wedding, I honestly didn't worry about a thing. Anything that popped into my head, I spoke with Carrie Ann or one of the girls working for her and it was taken care of. Anything from making sure the tables have the right number of place settings to calling the vendors the night before ensuring the right lighting to making sure my purse and suitcase were moved from my mom's car to the getaway car. I honestly could not be more pleased with my experience with Serendipity Events. If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, DO IT! And hire Serendipity Events!

Molly
08/25/2012

Amazing - the only word to describe Carrie Ann! Serendipity Weddings and Events brought mine and my husband's special day together in a way that we could never have imagined. Of course we had all of these expectations for our wedding day, but Carrie Ann and her crew surpased them with flying colors! We did not feel like clients working with Carrie Ann. Rather, we felt like friends.

Carrie Ann,
Words cannot express how pleased we were with how the day of our wedding turned out. All your effort went above and beyond all our expectations. Our wedding day was more than we had dreamed it would be and we owe it entirely to you and your team. Chris and I cannot thank you enough!! From the first time I met with you, I felt at ease. You were so easy to work with from the get-go and the weeks leading up to the wedding weekend were no exception. You covered EVERY detail, even the ones I didn't think to cover and made my vision come to life. The reception site was beautiful and elegant. We were overwhelmed with all the compliments we received, and heard from multiple people that it was one of the most seamless receptions they had ever been to- the flow was perfect thanks to the timeline you created for all the vendors. I've enjoyed getting to know you over the last year, and I could not have asked for a better wedding planner!! I would highly recommend Serendipity Wedding and Events to anyone who asks. Thank you Carrie Ann and Team.

Carrie & Chris

Services Used: Wedding Planning

CarrieAnn and her team are a wonderful crew to work with. SWE made our wedding day amazingly fun and beautiful. CarrieAnn is not only our wedding planner but has become a life long friend to my husband an Myself.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Carrie Ann and assistant Alicia exceeded expectations for our day of coordination at Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC. The Rehearsal went smoothly, and I was so happy my family members (most of them from out of state) did not have to be in charge of running the show.

The set-up of the ceremony and reception venue looked better than I had imagined. They took care of all of the little details that I didn't think of beforehand, like providing a container for our programs, and floral on the bars and in bathrooms. They took the ideas I had and improved on them, for example, taking my concept of simple rosemary in a mason jar on an aisle or two for the ceremony decor - they added twine and put a jar on almost every single chair lining the aisle. It was such a beautiful surprise.

You know how couples always say "I didn't even eat at my wedding" well, not us. They had the caterers fix us a plate and have it at our table as soon as we sat down after we were announced. They also brought over some appetizers from the cocktail hour to snack on before we left for photos after the ceremony - and cocktails too!

Overall, they kept the entire night running on schedule without being overbearing. If you are a bride who appreciates the details, but doesn't want to be stressed thinking about all of them the weekend of your wedding, I'd recommend Carrie Ann & Team for your day of coordination. I felt that my husband and I were in great hands. He and I, and our guests could focus on having fun with friends and family and not worrying about logistics.

Thanks to both Carrie Ann and Alicia. You two knocked it out of the park :)