Sequoia Restaurant

4.7
Flexibility
Jennifer
04/17/2015

Excellent food, beautiful venue, staff easy to work with. Our guests all complimented us on our choice of venue.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

Heather was so helpful and responsive throughout the process including being amenable to last minute changes and the event team did an excellent job all night. We didn't notice any hiccups in service and everything seemed to go very smoothly. Sequoia definitely runs as a well-oiled machine.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all, the venue is gorgeous. At night with all the lights, it almost doesn't need any added decorations. Secondly, the service is outstanding. All of the staff went out of their way to make sure our guests had a great time. They took care of my grandparents and brought them their own plate of appetizers and to-go boxes of dessert when they needed to leave early. They treated everyone there like they were the guests of honor. All of our guests raved about what a great time they had. The food was top notch, better than "wedding" food. Heather was amazing to work with in planning the event. She made everything we wanted happen. We didn't have to worry about a thing prior to or during the event.

Recently Married

Our Rehearsal Dinner was absolutely perfect - - - great food and service as well as attention to detail by Scott and crew - - - Scott even knew what time sunset would occur on the evening of our event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an amazing wedding at Sequoia~ all thanks to Lila Dougly and her great team. From the tour to the tasting, to our wonderful reception, the professionalism was above and beyond. Honestly - Lila is not only lovely to deal with, but her knowledge was greater than our wedding planner's in terms of logisitics and best practices and her advice was invaluable. On the night of the event, the waiters and staff were amazing... eager to please with special requests and just a fun, fun team to work with. We are absolutely thrilled and would recommend Sequoia for its beauty, its food and its wonderful atmosphere for an event large or small. THANK YOU!!

1+ year ago

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia and it was wonderful. We used the main dining room and the cocktail hour was held on the mezzanine level. The venue was beautiful- Sequoia provided the white linens and china and we added a few touches and centerpieces. The food was delicious, the appetizers were plentiful, and they accommodated some of our guests dietary needs. Many guests commented to us about how much they liked the food. The service was top notch. Food was delivered seamlessly and no glass was empty during the cocktail hour or the reception. We worked with Lila Dougly at Sequoia, who was a pleasure to work with and helped us plan the details of the event. Lila was prompt in her email responses and was very accessible. The staff during our reception was very attentive and helpful, including at the end of the night to organize the things we were taking home and bring them to the car. We would highly recommend Sequoia as a wedding reception venue!

1+ year ago

Best value in DC. Great venue, great service, great food.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sequoia was AMAZING! My husband and I had our wedding reception there December 28, 2013 and it was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. The place looked gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the service was beyond outstanding. Sequoia is one of the most beautiful venues and you can't beat the location (in Georgetown on the water). I was worried about parking but there is a garage right under Sequoia with an elevator that takes you right into the restaurant. We worked with Scott who helped us plan everything in such detail that there was nothing to worry about on the actual day. He was such a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer any questions. I have heard from so many guests how amazing the place looked and how great the food was. I really cannot say enough good things about Sequoia. Here are just some examples of how wonderful it was to work with them and have our reception there: They provide a special server to take care of the bride, groom, and their parents which just makes the experience even more special (our server, Chris, came by to check on us while we were outside taking pictures and even brought out some wings and fries because I joked I was hungry!). They will work with you to customize their plan so that it fits in your budget and with your vision (Scott helped us tailor ours so that we were comfortable with the price but we really didn't feel like we were missing anything!). They had someone there the day of to help us coordinate little things like the wedding party entrance. They serve drinks at the tables, not just at the bar (which most places do not do). Scott helped us find a great florist and recommend the best choices for room blocs. I know I already mentioned the food, but seriously it was incredible, and Sequoia worked with us to have great kids meal options and allergy friendly accommodations. I wish I could write more about how awesome Sequoia is but I am out of room.

1+ year ago

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia, and I cannot even express how phenomenal the experience was. I'll have to use categories to try:

Planning: We worked with Scott. He was the ultimate professional: quick responses, super flexible about everything (including some picky family members who wanted their own special meals), very conscious of our budget, very up front about what worked or didn't work for couples in the past. I cannot count the number of emails we exchanged over the course of planning. From the initial meeting to the tasting to every detail -- we were made to feel like VIPs.

Reception:
The setting on the waterfront is breathtaking (our reception was at night, so we were overlooking twinkling, lighted trees, and ice skaters!), and the chandeliers and balcony really make Sequoia stand out from your run of the mill hotel banquet room. On the night of our reception, the staff at Sequoia really went above and beyond. Bride, groom, and our parents had a dedicated server who made sure we were never without a drink or a glass of water. Also, when my husband and I needed to hide out during cocktail hour, our server set up a candlelit table for two in a secret back room!

Service was flawless and everyone raved about the food (ESPECIALLY the potato croquettes as a starter! Don't miss them!). And the dance floor at Sequoia depends on where you set your tables, so it can be as huge or as intimate as you'd like.

Five hundred stars. Such a special, special night in a truly stunning setting with and awesome team.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Have your wedding at Sequoia!! The food- delicious. The venue- gorgeous. The service- super attentive. Plus, it all comes in one easy package! No need to decide on linens, or chairs, or silverware- all of it is right there for you. It made my life sooo much easier and took a lot of stress off the wedding planning. And the best part- our Sequoia event planner- LILA DOUGLY.

Lila is a gem. One of the sweetest, most patient, hard-working women I've ever met. You have a question, Lila has the answer. You want a certain detail, Lila can make it happen. You need to make last minute changes, Lila has got it covered. From our first consultation to the food tasting to the last walk through, I felt that Lila's main goal was to make me happy. And that is what every bride needs.

Honestly- I had the most amazing wedding ever and it is in large part due to Sequoia and Lila! THANK YOU!!

Patti & Mike
09/01/2013

Our daughter's wedding was amazing. The set-up was beautiful, service staff was exceptional, and the food was delicious and served piping hot. Congratulations to the Sequoia for making our event a Dream come true!

Michael
09/01/2013

Allowing me and my family to bring a little of Buffalo to DC was the BEST!!!

1+ year ago

As the bride repeatedly said, “the best party ever!”. The room looked beautiful, including the uplighting on the pillars. The raw bar was a big hit. The transition worked perfectly. And you even managed to order up perfect weather.

Colleen
06/29/2013

Working with Sequoia, and Scott specifically, was a wonderful experience. As a planner I work with many venues, and Scott really made my job easier! Scott was easy to work with and always had great suggestions on how to use his space wisely. I look forward to working with Scott again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the 2nd experience I have had with Sequoia as a wedding planner, and both times I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the impeccable quality of the food and service. Not to mention that I think the main dining room of Sequoia is the prettiest room in the DC metro area. I can't say enough positive things about the venue, the staff, and Lila Dougly, the catering manager. My bride and groom, their families, and all of their guests were raving about how wonderful everything was, and I couldn't agree more. I highly recommend Sequoia for ANY AND ALL events!

Cristy
02/17/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at Sequoia and couldn't have been happier with the venue. Lindsey was our contact, and she was fantastic through the whole process. The day of the wedding, everything was done perfectly, it was exactly, if not better than I had imagined it. We received so many compliments from our guests as well. I would highly recommend Sequoia as a wedding venue.