Sequoia Restaurant

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First of all, the venue is gorgeous. At night with all the lights, it almost doesn't need any added decorations. Secondly, the service is outstanding. All of the staff went out of their way to make sure our guests had a great time. They took care of my grandparents and brought them their own plate of appetizers and to-go boxes of dessert when they needed to leave early. They treated everyone there like they were the guests of honor. All of our guests raved about what a great time they had. The food was top notch, better than "wedding" food. Heather was amazing to work with in planning the event. She made everything we wanted happen. We didn't have to worry about a thing prior to or during the event.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing wedding at Sequoia~ all thanks to Lila Dougly and her great team. From the tour to the tasting, to our wonderful reception, the professionalism was above and beyond. Honestly - Lila is not only lovely to deal with, but her knowledge was greater than our wedding planner's in terms of logisitics and best practices and her advice was invaluable. On the night of the event, the waiters and staff were amazing... eager to please with special requests and just a fun, fun team to work with. We are absolutely thrilled and would recommend Sequoia for its beauty, its food and its wonderful atmosphere for an event large or small. THANK YOU!!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia and it was wonderful. We used the main dining room and the cocktail hour was held on the mezzanine level. The venue was beautiful- Sequoia provided the white linens and china and we added a few touches and centerpieces. The food was delicious, the appetizers were plentiful, and they accommodated some of our guests dietary needs. Many guests commented to us about how much they liked the food. The service was top notch. Food was delivered seamlessly and no glass was empty during the cocktail hour or the reception. We worked with Lila Dougly at Sequoia, who was a pleasure to work with and helped us plan the details of the event. Lila was prompt in her email responses and was very accessible. The staff during our reception was very attentive and helpful, including at the end of the night to organize the things we were taking home and bring them to the car. We would highly recommend Sequoia as a wedding reception venue!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sequoia was AMAZING! My husband and I had our wedding reception there December 28, 2013 and it was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. The place looked gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the service was beyond outstanding. Sequoia is one of the most beautiful venues and you can't beat the location (in Georgetown on the water). I was worried about parking but there is a garage right under Sequoia with an elevator that takes you right into the restaurant. We worked with Scott who helped us plan everything in such detail that there was nothing to worry about on the actual day. He was such a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer any questions. I have heard from so many guests how amazing the place looked and how great the food was. I really cannot say enough good things about Sequoia. Here are just some examples of how wonderful it was to work with them and have our reception there: They provide a special server to take care of the bride, groom, and their parents which just makes the experience even more special (our server, Chris, came by to check on us while we were outside taking pictures and even brought out some wings and fries because I joked I was hungry!). They will work with you to customize their plan so that it fits in your budget and with your vision (Scott helped us tailor ours so that we were comfortable with the price but we really didn't feel like we were missing anything!). They had someone there the day of to help us coordinate little things like the wedding party entrance. They serve drinks at the tables, not just at the bar (which most places do not do). Scott helped us find a great florist and recommend the best choices for room blocs. I know I already mentioned the food, but seriously it was incredible, and Sequoia worked with us to have great kids meal options and allergy friendly accommodations. I wish I could write more about how awesome Sequoia is but I am out of room.

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia, and I cannot even express how phenomenal the experience was. I'll have to use categories to try:

Planning: We worked with Scott. He was the ultimate professional: quick responses, super flexible about everything (including some picky family members who wanted their own special meals), very conscious of our budget, very up front about what worked or didn't work for couples in the past. I cannot count the number of emails we exchanged over the course of planning. From the initial meeting to the tasting to every detail -- we were made to feel like VIPs.

Reception:
The setting on the waterfront is breathtaking (our reception was at night, so we were overlooking twinkling, lighted trees, and ice skaters!), and the chandeliers and balcony really make Sequoia stand out from your run of the mill hotel banquet room. On the night of our reception, the staff at Sequoia really went above and beyond. Bride, groom, and our parents had a dedicated server who made sure we were never without a drink or a glass of water. Also, when my husband and I needed to hide out during cocktail hour, our server set up a candlelit table for two in a secret back room!

Service was flawless and everyone raved about the food (ESPECIALLY the potato croquettes as a starter! Don't miss them!). And the dance floor at Sequoia depends on where you set your tables, so it can be as huge or as intimate as you'd like.

Five hundred stars. Such a special, special night in a truly stunning setting with and awesome team.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Have your wedding at Sequoia!! The food- delicious. The venue- gorgeous. The service- super attentive. Plus, it all comes in one easy package! No need to decide on linens, or chairs, or silverware- all of it is right there for you. It made my life sooo much easier and took a lot of stress off the wedding planning. And the best part- our Sequoia event planner- LILA DOUGLY.

Lila is a gem. One of the sweetest, most patient, hard-working women I've ever met. You have a question, Lila has the answer. You want a certain detail, Lila can make it happen. You need to make last minute changes, Lila has got it covered. From our first consultation to the food tasting to the last walk through, I felt that Lila's main goal was to make me happy. And that is what every bride needs.

Honestly- I had the most amazing wedding ever and it is in large part due to Sequoia and Lila! THANK YOU!!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our daughter's wedding was amazing. The set-up was beautiful, service staff was exceptional, and the food was delicious and served piping hot. Congratulations to the Sequoia for making our event a Dream come true!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
Patti & Mike
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allowing me and my family to bring a little of Buffalo to DC was the BEST!!!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
Michael
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the bride repeatedly said, “the best party ever!”. The room looked beautiful, including the uplighting on the pillars. The raw bar was a big hit. The transition worked perfectly. And you even managed to order up perfect weather.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Sequoia, and Scott specifically, was a wonderful experience. As a planner I work with many venues, and Scott really made my job easier! Scott was easy to work with and always had great suggestions on how to use his space wisely. I look forward to working with Scott again!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
Colleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is the 2nd experience I have had with Sequoia as a wedding planner, and both times I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the impeccable quality of the food and service. Not to mention that I think the main dining room of Sequoia is the prettiest room in the DC metro area. I can't say enough positive things about the venue, the staff, and Lila Dougly, the catering manager. My bride and groom, their families, and all of their guests were raving about how wonderful everything was, and I couldn't agree more. I highly recommend Sequoia for ANY AND ALL events!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony and reception at Sequoia and couldn't have been happier with the venue. Lindsey was our contact, and she was fantastic through the whole process. The day of the wedding, everything was done perfectly, it was exactly, if not better than I had imagined it. We received so many compliments from our guests as well. I would highly recommend Sequoia as a wedding venue.

• Wedding: 02/17/2013
Cristy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Sequoia for a fantastic special rehearsal dinner. Everything was perfect, including the sound system, bartending and food service and quality. We were very happy and would go back in a second. Guests loved the views of trees lit up outside the state room and washington waterfront.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sequoia was the perfect place for us to have our wedding reception. I grew up sailing, and Sequoia is nautical in namesake and design (it’s named after the Presidential Yacht, USS Sequoia). For a DC wedding—important to us because we met and live here—it’s right on the Georgetown waterfront and boasts views of the Kennedy Center, Key Bridge, and Theodore Roosevelt Island (where we got engaged). But beyond the sentiment, Sequoia’s event manager, Lila Dougly, and her staff, ensured that we had the perfect reception for our DC winter wedding—exceeding our expectations on every level. The service on the wedding night was immaculate and the food was delicious. They truly take care of the bride & groom and immediate family. I was doted on all evening, which was not expected at all! The venue looked absolutely spectacular that night, with the chandeliers and dim lighting, and the views overlooking the new skating rink and outside sparkling trees. I think we and our guests were overwhelmed by the elegance, actually!

Lila Dougly brought delight to my wedding planning experience— she’s practical and professional, and always responsive, accommodating, and thoughtful. What’s more is that she’s an absolute joy to meet and plan with—always with a big smile on her face and excited to talk details. Her recommendations for menu selections and general timeline advice were spot on. And she was absolutely in her element on the wedding day. I would say that she over-delivered on the promise that our special day would be great!

Sequoia offers some flexibility with their wedding packages (you can add/subtract details and adjust the price accordingly), which we found attractive. We designed the reception that we wanted. Also, they have a relationship with an invitation service that is deeply discounted--worked out great for us!

We are grateful for being able to work with Lila, and Sequoia will always be a very special place for us. We couldn’t have dreamed up a better experience.

• Wedding: 01/26/2013
Meredith Puleio
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting for your reception than Sequoia. The floor-to-ceiling windows with the view of the Potomac and the lit trees outside -- when I walked into my reception, it was everything I imagined it would be. The room was just gorgeous. Working with Heather at Sequoia is a treat -- she is very responsive, efficient and easygoing, even when you are making last-second changes to your tables! Sequoia handles all of the food, as well, meaning one less vendor to deal with -- and it was all delicious! We were simply delighted with our experience and highly recommend Sequoia to other DC-area couples!

• Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sequoia was an absolutely fabulous place to have a wedding. We were assigned an event coordinator, Lindsey, who was amazing. Lindsey and the entire staff at Sequoia were professional, responsive, and creative. We were a bit overwhelmed by vendors, and Sequoia helped with recommendations - and we were thrilled with each vendor we met through Sequoia. Also, Sequoia gives you the option to use their chairs, linens, silverware, glassware, etc or you can rent your own - whatever you want! The event itself was gorgeous and my guests commented all night on how attentive and friendly the waitstaff was. It truly was an excellent location for our wedding (and great value!).

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Katie
202-333-3011
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards