Sequoia Restaurant

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

The event coordinator, Sarah Peterson, was amazing to work with. She was very responsive to all our questions. She helped us narrow down decisions and worked with us on the overall design of the floor plan and menu. She was open to all our suggestions and was very accommodating. I would recommend her to anyone looking to have their wedding at the Sequoia as the person to work with.

The food for our wedding was delicious and cooked perfectly. The servers were very helpful to all of the guests.

Recently Married

Sequoia is a total WIN for wedding receptions! Here's why: outstanding location and views, food and menu options, service/hospitality by the events and catering manager, Heather (and her staff), great ambiance, energy, flexibility in planning, and then some. Choosing Sequoia DC for our reception was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. There was very little that we asked for that could not be accommodated, and often at the last minute. This ranged from menu choice changes to accommodate vegan diets, to having a last minute deejay area, to having many updates to the seating chart and headcount. The team was so accommodating, responsive, and easy to work with, my spouse and I were so relieved. On the day of, we were taken care of from beginning to end. We didn't need to ask for much, but when we did, everything was provided quickly and with a smile and a glass of champagne. We lucked out with a gorgeous (albeit warm) day, and guests really enjoyed the patio area to mingle and look out on the gorgeous water and views of DC and Rosslyn. We also had a portable photo booth set up outside which added to the fun atmosphere. Inside the State Room, we had enough room for 85 guests, which included several children (Sequoia provided all of the booster seats) and room for some strollers. Guests raved about the quality and taste of the brunch offerings, and enjoyed the open bar with a variety of beer, wine, and brunch cocktails. We were also provided a dance floor and plenty of additional tables to set up a candy bar/buffet, our guest reception cards, cupcake stands, etc. Overall, given the location, amenities, and level of service, we felt the cost of our contract was very reasonably priced and would highly recommend Sequoia and its awesome team to anyone looking to celebrate such an important day with family and friends!

Recently Married

Scott, Sarah and Chris did an amazing job at my son's rehearsal dinner. They responded quickl to every email and request along the way and were great to work with before and during the event. The view from the room was beautiful and added to the fun evening. The food and the service was excellent and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Thank you all so much.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Jennifer
04/17/2015

Excellent food, beautiful venue, staff easy to work with. Our guests all complimented us on our choice of venue.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

Heather was so helpful and responsive throughout the process including being amenable to last minute changes and the event team did an excellent job all night. We didn't notice any hiccups in service and everything seemed to go very smoothly. Sequoia definitely runs as a well-oiled machine.

Torrance
04/04/2015

Scott and Sarah were an absolute pleasure to work with! They made planning a wedding so easy. My husband and I loved Sequoia because everything was included- no fine print, no cake cutting fee, no rentals! The food was incredible and the service fantastic. Booking Sequoia was definitely the BEST decision we made while planning our wedding!

Recently Married

We worked with Heather to plan our wedding reception, and she was professional and responsive every step of the way. Our reception turned out perfectly. The venue is stunningly beautiful and the views and atmosphere make it a step above many other wedding venues in the area. The food was so delicious that our guests are still raving about it months later. The service was spectacular. They even provided a server just to take care of my husband and I. It made us feel like king and queen of our special evening.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with our experience at Sequoia, and look forward to celebrating our anniversaries there for years to come!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all, the venue is gorgeous. At night with all the lights, it almost doesn't need any added decorations. Secondly, the service is outstanding. All of the staff went out of their way to make sure our guests had a great time. They took care of my grandparents and brought them their own plate of appetizers and to-go boxes of dessert when they needed to leave early. They treated everyone there like they were the guests of honor. All of our guests raved about what a great time they had. The food was top notch, better than "wedding" food. Heather was amazing to work with in planning the event. She made everything we wanted happen. We didn't have to worry about a thing prior to or during the event.

Recently Married

Our Rehearsal Dinner was absolutely perfect - - - great food and service as well as attention to detail by Scott and crew - - - Scott even knew what time sunset would occur on the evening of our event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an amazing wedding at Sequoia~ all thanks to Lila Dougly and her great team. From the tour to the tasting, to our wonderful reception, the professionalism was above and beyond. Honestly - Lila is not only lovely to deal with, but her knowledge was greater than our wedding planner's in terms of logisitics and best practices and her advice was invaluable. On the night of the event, the waiters and staff were amazing... eager to please with special requests and just a fun, fun team to work with. We are absolutely thrilled and would recommend Sequoia for its beauty, its food and its wonderful atmosphere for an event large or small. THANK YOU!!

1+ year ago

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia and it was wonderful. We used the main dining room and the cocktail hour was held on the mezzanine level. The venue was beautiful- Sequoia provided the white linens and china and we added a few touches and centerpieces. The food was delicious, the appetizers were plentiful, and they accommodated some of our guests dietary needs. Many guests commented to us about how much they liked the food. The service was top notch. Food was delivered seamlessly and no glass was empty during the cocktail hour or the reception. We worked with Lila Dougly at Sequoia, who was a pleasure to work with and helped us plan the details of the event. Lila was prompt in her email responses and was very accessible. The staff during our reception was very attentive and helpful, including at the end of the night to organize the things we were taking home and bring them to the car. We would highly recommend Sequoia as a wedding reception venue!

1+ year ago

Best value in DC. Great venue, great service, great food.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sequoia was AMAZING! My husband and I had our wedding reception there December 28, 2013 and it was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. The place looked gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the service was beyond outstanding. Sequoia is one of the most beautiful venues and you can't beat the location (in Georgetown on the water). I was worried about parking but there is a garage right under Sequoia with an elevator that takes you right into the restaurant. We worked with Scott who helped us plan everything in such detail that there was nothing to worry about on the actual day. He was such a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer any questions. I have heard from so many guests how amazing the place looked and how great the food was. I really cannot say enough good things about Sequoia. Here are just some examples of how wonderful it was to work with them and have our reception there: They provide a special server to take care of the bride, groom, and their parents which just makes the experience even more special (our server, Chris, came by to check on us while we were outside taking pictures and even brought out some wings and fries because I joked I was hungry!). They will work with you to customize their plan so that it fits in your budget and with your vision (Scott helped us tailor ours so that we were comfortable with the price but we really didn't feel like we were missing anything!). They had someone there the day of to help us coordinate little things like the wedding party entrance. They serve drinks at the tables, not just at the bar (which most places do not do). Scott helped us find a great florist and recommend the best choices for room blocs. I know I already mentioned the food, but seriously it was incredible, and Sequoia worked with us to have great kids meal options and allergy friendly accommodations. I wish I could write more about how awesome Sequoia is but I am out of room.

1+ year ago

We had our wedding reception at Sequoia, and I cannot even express how phenomenal the experience was. I'll have to use categories to try:

Planning: We worked with Scott. He was the ultimate professional: quick responses, super flexible about everything (including some picky family members who wanted their own special meals), very conscious of our budget, very up front about what worked or didn't work for couples in the past. I cannot count the number of emails we exchanged over the course of planning. From the initial meeting to the tasting to every detail -- we were made to feel like VIPs.

Reception:
The setting on the waterfront is breathtaking (our reception was at night, so we were overlooking twinkling, lighted trees, and ice skaters!), and the chandeliers and balcony really make Sequoia stand out from your run of the mill hotel banquet room. On the night of our reception, the staff at Sequoia really went above and beyond. Bride, groom, and our parents had a dedicated server who made sure we were never without a drink or a glass of water. Also, when my husband and I needed to hide out during cocktail hour, our server set up a candlelit table for two in a secret back room!

Service was flawless and everyone raved about the food (ESPECIALLY the potato croquettes as a starter! Don't miss them!). And the dance floor at Sequoia depends on where you set your tables, so it can be as huge or as intimate as you'd like.

Five hundred stars. Such a special, special night in a truly stunning setting with and awesome team.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Have your wedding at Sequoia!! The food- delicious. The venue- gorgeous. The service- super attentive. Plus, it all comes in one easy package! No need to decide on linens, or chairs, or silverware- all of it is right there for you. It made my life sooo much easier and took a lot of stress off the wedding planning. And the best part- our Sequoia event planner- LILA DOUGLY.

Lila is a gem. One of the sweetest, most patient, hard-working women I've ever met. You have a question, Lila has the answer. You want a certain detail, Lila can make it happen. You need to make last minute changes, Lila has got it covered. From our first consultation to the food tasting to the last walk through, I felt that Lila's main goal was to make me happy. And that is what every bride needs.

Honestly- I had the most amazing wedding ever and it is in large part due to Sequoia and Lila! THANK YOU!!

Patti & Mike
09/01/2013

Our daughter's wedding was amazing. The set-up was beautiful, service staff was exceptional, and the food was delicious and served piping hot. Congratulations to the Sequoia for making our event a Dream come true!