Secret Harbour Beach resort

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

WE planned our daughter's wedding with Laysha Powers at Secret Harbour. Every detail was taken care of by Laysha and the wonderful management and staff at Secret Harbour. Laysha was very responsive and creative in her approach to helping us plan from Michigan and Chicago. She coordinated guest reservations and vendors beautifully. She communicated perfectly with all involved. I simply can't say enough kind words to thank Laysha. East End Florists provided amazing flowers, Tim West, DJ, was excellent, Morgan Rael provided wonderful music for our ceremony and reception. Kelly Lorenz, KLIMAGERY.com , our photographer was also amazing. We can't wait to see and share photos. I encourage others to plan their wedding at Secret Harbour. The resort is lovely, Rooms are clean and decorated nicely. See their website for more specifics. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach restaurant group coordinated by Jessica Hume provided us with an excellent reception at the resort. Our daughter and her husband are so happy with all that was provided for them and their guests. Give strong consideration to planning an event at Secret Harbour. We will return to there soon with lots of excellent memories.

1 person found this review helpful

Secret Harbour is a little slice of heaven, and it is the perfect destination and location for a wedding and reception. We have enjoyed past visits to Secret Harbour and quickly identified it as the best option for our spring destination wedding. The beach at Secret Harbour is one of the locals favorites and offers an intimate location for a wedding ceremony. Cruzan Beach Bar and Sunset Grille proved to be fantastic back drops and hosts for our wedding cocktail hour and reception with views of the sunset and ocean while guests enjoyed the celebration. The food is delicious and the venue is accommodating based on the type of meal and style of meal you're interested in. The Secret Harbour Beach Resort management and staff is first class! They are so happy to have you vacation with them and are willing to go above and beyond to ensure your stay is enjoyable. We found them to be very accommodating with our wedding guest reservations, additional events at the hotel we planned during the week, and often checked in to see what else they could do to help. Secret Harbour is also a very good resource in terms of activities and attractions in nearby Red Hook, St. Thomas and the surrounding islands. Last, but certainly not least, our wedding coordinator/planner at Secret Harbour, Laysha Powers, is incredible! She is knowledgeable, creative, helpful and thoughtful in her important role. Laysha help manager our vendor relationships, was candid in her feedback about our ideas, and was accessible despite a busy schedule. Laysha was the mastermind behind our dream wedding and has become a lifelong family friend as a result of her tireless hard work and commitment to pleasing her clients. Overall, Secret Harbour is a gem and we highly recommend it as a resort to consider for a destination wedding or for a getaway to St. Thomas.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is an excellent venue for a wedding reception! We our from Illinois and scheduled Harbour Beach as our reception for a post wedding luncheon. Reservations were scheduled over the phone or email - responses were very timely and professional. We had 11 guests. We were extremely pleased with the service and our waitress TISH. I had shipped candles to place on the reception table and there were no issues. Secret Harbour had set up our table so nicely at no extra cost they added island flowers and shells. We had our reception table on the patio with a curtain behind it for semi-privacy. Secret Harbour also cut and served our cake to guest for a small fee. The ocean view was perfect! The food was good and reasonably priced. Me and my husband had their fish tacos which were the best I've EVER had!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding coordinator was Laysha and she did such an awesome job. She is very responsive and made me feel that my wedding was very important to her. She really walked me through everything and I could not have had the beautiful wedding I had without her. Everything that I wanted she made happen. I highly recommend her. My wedding and reception was absolutely perfect at Secret Harbour and I would not change a thing about it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

Book your wedding here. I, rather blindly, chose Secret Harbour for my destination wedding and could not be happier with my choice. We had approximately 36 guests stay at the resort and everyone had a great time; from young engaged/married couples to our parents in their 50s/60s to my under 10 yr old niece & nephew - everyone had a blast! The beach is private, the bar and restaurant is fantastic, the rooms are beautiful - you cannot beat the sunsets! Our wedding was right on the beach at the resort, our reception was at Sunset Grille at the resort and the post-reception celebration was at the Cruzan Beach Club, at the resort :-)
Laysha Powers is an amazing wedding coordinator. She would nudge me when I needed it but was never pushy. She was very responsive to my emails. She thought of everything. When my guest book didn't arrive in time for it to travel with me (a frame with my new last name that people were to sign the border), a bridesmaid came up with an alternate idea to have people sign paper hearts that I've now put within the border. I gave the paper hearts and wedding favors to Laysha and said "uhhh, I don't know what to do, but I trust you." She made the most adorable tray of sand to display the favors and the hearts and it looked SO GOOD! I hooked up with her on Pintrest and from there it was a breeze (flowers, centerpieces, hair styles, archways, cake/cupcake towers, etc.). I don't think she ever said "no" to me. Everything I liked, she made it happen. On the day of the wedding, nothing went wrong. It started to rain a bit right after the ceremony but not to worry, umbrellas appeared out of thin air, drinks were brought from the bar and we all waited for the rain to clear before proceeding with pictures. I honestly wouldn't change a thing about my wedding and that's all due to Laysha's planning!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Meg. We thoroughly enjoyed having you and your group on property. You personally, were a blast to work with! Thank you for being awesome! Stay in touch!

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

We had our wedding here on July 12th and had an amazing time. Laysha the coordinator did such a good job! Everything was beautiful and she executed my vision perfectly! We had our reception at Cruzan Beach Club located at the resort. Jessica's was the food and beverage coordinator and she did an amazing job as well. Because we weren't able to have any tastings before we arrived for our wedding, I was worried about the food. But the food ended up being amazing! We had a buffet and they even packed all our leftovers and had it delivered to our room. Our guests are still talking about the great time they had. We will definitely be back soon. Maybe for our anniversary!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your review, Irina!
We really appreciate it. We enjoyed having you for this very special time of your life. I had a blast planning with you over the year. And your guests were fantastic as well!! We will see you next year, hopefully!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My wedding was stress free and Laysha handled everything very well. She was able to take my ideas and pictures and turn it into a beautiful wedding. We absolutely loved the decorations, music, flowers, cake, photographer, and dinner. The photographer she selected was outstanding as well and we love the pictures! Everything was planned through either phone calls or email. Everything came together and I was able to enjoy the family vacation and not worry about the wedding. We arrived on Saturday and were married on Tuesday. I highly recommend Laysha and the Secret Harbour. I would highly recommend to family and friends.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married at Secret Harbour beach and had the coctktail hour and reception at Sunset Grille. It was the most beautiful and amazing day of my life. Everything went well and it was because of the wonderful staff at Secret Harbour. Thank you Laysha Powers (wedding coordinator) and Jessica Hume (events director at sunset grille). I grew up on St. Thomas and always knew I wanted a beach wedding. However, we live In the states and I knew that we needed someone on the island to help coordinate/plan our wedding. Laysha, is amazing and went above and beyond to help successfully execute our vision. She was prompt with responses and was available via texts, email or phone. She had some great choices for vendors (violinist, baker, florists, officiant, videographer etc). She communicated with the vendors on our behalf, which allowed time to focus on wedding dress shopping.

Jessica and the staff at sunset grille were professional and very friendly. She was flexible with the menu side options and worked within our budget. We did a buffet menu and there was more than enough food and drinks for everyone. The food was amazing and everyone said how great the the food was. Jessica and Laysha worked together to set up the reception just like we wanted.

Words cannot express how truly grateful we are to Laysha and Jessica for helping make our wedding day special. We are just so happy with how everything turned out.

The Bruno's

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review. We take pride in making each wedding day special for our couples.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with you two. It was a huge pleasure, and I look forward to you visiting the island for your anniversaries!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at the Sunset Grille at Secret Harbour on April 21, 2014. The location was phenomenal! Absolutely beautiful, and we had the reception in the open-air section of the restaurant which provided a much-needed breeze on that day! We wanted a laid-back atmosphere for our guests - the idea was that they could eat, socialize/mingle, have a few drinks, and go in the water to cool off when they wanted too. This was a perfect spot for it. Jessica was the main person we dealt with through email before that day - she was always so nice and prompt with her responses. The service provided on that day was outstanding - I believe the woman's name was Jennifer? She was lovely to deal with, always coming around with more water/drinks and making sure everyone was having a great time. She also helped us with the music - we wanted to have our special dances before food and so she was great at keying up the songs and then moving into our reception playlist on the iPod we brought. The food was delicious. We had a brunch buffet with a yummy chocolate fountain as well, plus our wedding cake. We also had a build-your-own mimosa or bloody mary bar, and they had a cash bar as well. Our guests really enjoyed themselves, and we had a wonderful day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hi! My hubby and I just got married (yay!!) at Secret Harbour and it was the most unbelievably amazing time! Everything went so perfectly, and it was because of the gorgeous setting and the wonderful people at Secret Harbour! Laysha, their wedding planner, is amazing and goes above and beyond. I had never been to St. Thomas before so throughout the year of long distance planning we had together, she was my eyes, ears, taste buds, everything for me! Laysha had some great choices of recommendations for vendors but she is also super flexible and will work with you if you want to venture out. A lot of resorts make you use their vendors so this was definitely a plus (although I pretty much stuck with all of the vendors she recommended because they were so great). Any requests I had, Laysha made it happen. She was awesome at communicating with the vendors for me and keeping everything organized, kept me up to-to-date, and was very super-fast at responding to any questions/comments I had. She was also very calming when “the bride” had her little stressful moments.  The only thing that didn’t work out was we wanted a sparkler send-off but fireworks are illegal in the USVI (boo!)... It all worked out though and Laysha set up an even more special send off for us. When we got back, we realized we forgot to pick up the bag with all of our décor in it and Laysha had no problem mailing it back to Texas for us. I just thought that was really cool since the wedding and everything was already over but she still gladly wanted to help out. Another absolutely awesome person we worked with was Jessica Hume, which is the Director of Events for the Sunset Grille where we had our reception. She is SUPER sweet and was very cooperative with all of our requests. The food was awesome (we did buffet style) and Jessica and Laysha worked together to set up the reception just like we wanted. Well, we are just so happy with how everything turned out. It was perfect!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

I had a lot of fun planning your wedding, and designing your décor. It was a pleasure to work with you and your new husband!
Thank you so much for your comments. It really means a lot to me and the rest of the Secret Harbour staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at secret harbor. It was a beautiful small wedding just like we wanted. Gorgeous beach. Beautiful hotel room.

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed working with you as well!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful location for our lunch reception! Absolutely amazing food. Jessica was terrific and made our table beautiful

Profile Picture
Amanda
1 Review
03/16/2013

Laysha was wonderful. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. The Secret Harbour is such a beautiful place, my husband and I will definitlely be back.

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

We can't wait to have you back! I loved working with you for your wedding! It was such a pleasure!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I adore Secret Harbour and have been coming for years. It was my dream to have my wedding on the beach at this hotel and it came true! Amanda was amazing and even helped me out of two issues that had nothing to do with the hotel or her job. When my hairstylist failed to show up to my appointment, Amanda found me another place at the very last minute. The wedding itself was beautiful, the beach was perfect for a party of 25 and the weather was great.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jessica Hume (wedding coordinator for the restaurant at Secret Harbour) was outstanding. I had to switch my venue at the last minute and she made the process smooth and worry-free. Jessica and her staff were friendly, attentive and extremely accommodating to all of my guests. The chef was flexible with the menu and provided high quality food and large portions. I got a lot of positive feedback from my guests. Thanks Jessica and staff!!! You totally made my night special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laysha was great to work with. It was the perfect wedding for us. Laysha had to deal with bad weather and a photographer who did not show up but she found a way to make everything work and it turned out perfectly. I appreciate her attention to detail and her calm demeanor when things out of her control, like tropical storms made us change a few details. The cake she had made to order just as I had requested was absolutely fabulous.....It is a beautiful setting and everyone who sees our photos are jealous!!!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review! Your wedding day, although trying at times, was fantastic! I am thrilled that you and your new husband were such a thrill to work with.
Thank you so much for your kind words!