Secret Harbour Beach resort

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding here on July 12th and had an amazing time. Laysha the coordinator did such a good job! Everything was beautiful and she executed my vision perfectly! We had our reception at Cruzan Beach Club located at the resort. Jessica's was the food and beverage coordinator and she did an amazing job as well. Because we weren't able to have any tastings before we arrived for our wedding, I was worried about the food. But the food ended up being amazing! We had a buffet and they even packed all our leftovers and had it delivered to our room. Our guests are still talking about the great time they had. We will definitely be back soon. Maybe for our anniversary!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your review, Irina!
We really appreciate it. We enjoyed having you for this very special time of your life. I had a blast planning with you over the year. And your guests were fantastic as well!! We will see you next year, hopefully!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was stress free and Laysha handled everything very well. She was able to take my ideas and pictures and turn it into a beautiful wedding. We absolutely loved the decorations, music, flowers, cake, photographer, and dinner. The photographer she selected was outstanding as well and we love the pictures! Everything was planned through either phone calls or email. Everything came together and I was able to enjoy the family vacation and not worry about the wedding. We arrived on Saturday and were married on Tuesday. I highly recommend Laysha and the Secret Harbour. I would highly recommend to family and friends.

• Wedding: 07/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I just got married at Secret Harbour beach and had the coctktail hour and reception at Sunset Grille. It was the most beautiful and amazing day of my life. Everything went well and it was because of the wonderful staff at Secret Harbour. Thank you Laysha Powers (wedding coordinator) and Jessica Hume (events director at sunset grille). I grew up on St. Thomas and always knew I wanted a beach wedding. However, we live In the states and I knew that we needed someone on the island to help coordinate/plan our wedding. Laysha, is amazing and went above and beyond to help successfully execute our vision. She was prompt with responses and was available via texts, email or phone. She had some great choices for vendors (violinist, baker, florists, officiant, videographer etc). She communicated with the vendors on our behalf, which allowed time to focus on wedding dress shopping.

Jessica and the staff at sunset grille were professional and very friendly. She was flexible with the menu side options and worked within our budget. We did a buffet menu and there was more than enough food and drinks for everyone. The food was amazing and everyone said how great the the food was. Jessica and Laysha worked together to set up the reception just like we wanted.

Words cannot express how truly grateful we are to Laysha and Jessica for helping make our wedding day special. We are just so happy with how everything turned out.

The Bruno's

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review. We take pride in making each wedding day special for our couples.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with you two. It was a huge pleasure, and I look forward to you visiting the island for your anniversaries!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception at the Sunset Grille at Secret Harbour on April 21, 2014. The location was phenomenal! Absolutely beautiful, and we had the reception in the open-air section of the restaurant which provided a much-needed breeze on that day! We wanted a laid-back atmosphere for our guests - the idea was that they could eat, socialize/mingle, have a few drinks, and go in the water to cool off when they wanted too. This was a perfect spot for it. Jessica was the main person we dealt with through email before that day - she was always so nice and prompt with her responses. The service provided on that day was outstanding - I believe the woman's name was Jennifer? She was lovely to deal with, always coming around with more water/drinks and making sure everyone was having a great time. She also helped us with the music - we wanted to have our special dances before food and so she was great at keying up the songs and then moving into our reception playlist on the iPod we brought. The food was delicious. We had a brunch buffet with a yummy chocolate fountain as well, plus our wedding cake. We also had a build-your-own mimosa or bloody mary bar, and they had a cash bar as well. Our guests really enjoyed themselves, and we had a wonderful day!

• Wedding: 04/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hi! My hubby and I just got married (yay!!) at Secret Harbour and it was the most unbelievably amazing time! Everything went so perfectly, and it was because of the gorgeous setting and the wonderful people at Secret Harbour! Laysha, their wedding planner, is amazing and goes above and beyond. I had never been to St. Thomas before so throughout the year of long distance planning we had together, she was my eyes, ears, taste buds, everything for me! Laysha had some great choices of recommendations for vendors but she is also super flexible and will work with you if you want to venture out. A lot of resorts make you use their vendors so this was definitely a plus (although I pretty much stuck with all of the vendors she recommended because they were so great). Any requests I had, Laysha made it happen. She was awesome at communicating with the vendors for me and keeping everything organized, kept me up to-to-date, and was very super-fast at responding to any questions/comments I had. She was also very calming when “the bride” had her little stressful moments.  The only thing that didn’t work out was we wanted a sparkler send-off but fireworks are illegal in the USVI (boo!)... It all worked out though and Laysha set up an even more special send off for us. When we got back, we realized we forgot to pick up the bag with all of our décor in it and Laysha had no problem mailing it back to Texas for us. I just thought that was really cool since the wedding and everything was already over but she still gladly wanted to help out. Another absolutely awesome person we worked with was Jessica Hume, which is the Director of Events for the Sunset Grille where we had our reception. She is SUPER sweet and was very cooperative with all of our requests. The food was awesome (we did buffet style) and Jessica and Laysha worked together to set up the reception just like we wanted. Well, we are just so happy with how everything turned out. It was perfect!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

I had a lot of fun planning your wedding, and designing your décor. It was a pleasure to work with you and your new husband!
Thank you so much for your comments. It really means a lot to me and the rest of the Secret Harbour staff!

• Wedding: 12/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at secret harbor. It was a beautiful small wedding just like we wanted. Gorgeous beach. Beautiful hotel room.

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed working with you as well!

• Wedding: 11/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful location for our lunch reception! Absolutely amazing food. Jessica was terrific and made our table beautiful

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laysha was wonderful. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. The Secret Harbour is such a beautiful place, my husband and I will definitlely be back.

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

We can't wait to have you back! I loved working with you for your wedding! It was such a pleasure!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
Profile Picture
Amanda
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I adore Secret Harbour and have been coming for years. It was my dream to have my wedding on the beach at this hotel and it came true! Amanda was amazing and even helped me out of two issues that had nothing to do with the hotel or her job. When my hairstylist failed to show up to my appointment, Amanda found me another place at the very last minute. The wedding itself was beautiful, the beach was perfect for a party of 25 and the weather was great.

• Wedding: 07/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jessica Hume (wedding coordinator for the restaurant at Secret Harbour) was outstanding. I had to switch my venue at the last minute and she made the process smooth and worry-free. Jessica and her staff were friendly, attentive and extremely accommodating to all of my guests. The chef was flexible with the menu and provided high quality food and large portions. I got a lot of positive feedback from my guests. Thanks Jessica and staff!!! You totally made my night special!

• Wedding: 11/10/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laysha was great to work with. It was the perfect wedding for us. Laysha had to deal with bad weather and a photographer who did not show up but she found a way to make everything work and it turned out perfectly. I appreciate her attention to detail and her calm demeanor when things out of her control, like tropical storms made us change a few details. The cake she had made to order just as I had requested was absolutely fabulous.....It is a beautiful setting and everyone who sees our photos are jealous!!!

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review! Your wedding day, although trying at times, was fantastic! I am thrilled that you and your new husband were such a thrill to work with.
Thank you so much for your kind words!

• Wedding: 07/07/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0

It’s the small things...

We were married at Secret Harbour Beach Resort 4/2014. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate AND we were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne and flowers! The beach is stunning!! I have always envisioned having a destination wedding on a beach and the beach at Secret Harbour was perfect. Jennifer (assistant banquet coordinator) was absolutely amazing! She made sure everything went smoothly and that we were taken care of! I loved our entire stay except for the service at the resort. Besides the fact that everyone was working on, “island time,” many of the resort staff seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. One morning upon walking out of our room, four of the cleaning staff were yelling and screaming at each other across the back of our building at 9 o’clock in the morning. It felt like being checked onto a government base every time we went down to the beach attendant to retrieve something as simple as a beach towel. Our wedding planner was very responsive when it came to planning our wedding prior to our arrival. However, her enthusiasm when at the resort was lacking when it came to coordinating our wedding. The attention to detail at the resort was very disappointing. We communicated with the wedding coordinator via e-mail and Pinterest to plan the details of the reception but when it came time to party, there were some unexpected changes. The centerpieces were not as expected and the cake was absolutely hideous. Overall, things could have been much worse and our wedding was a blast! The DJ, photographer, Officiate, hair and makeup artist were awesome and I don’t think we could have found anyone better!! (All recommended by Laysha) We would not change anything about our time there. Our only major complaint is that the staff needs an attitude adjustment. Word of advice, don’t wear yoga pants to a wedding because all of your guests will make note of it to the bride and groom all night. We would like to visit again!

Hi!
Thank you for your review! It is a great help to vendors when we receive reviews, so we can learn from our mistakes. I am very happy that you enjoyed your wedding day and vendors. I stand beside my vendors.
I apologize for the miscommunication of the cake, and centerpieces. In the future, I will be sure that the cake and flowers are exactly to the liking of the couple.
At any rate, you and your new wife were exceptionally pleasant to work with.
Thank you, again, so much for taking the time to review Secret Harbour. We hope to have you back in the near future!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Had 2 weeks to plan a simple elopement with fiance and son. SHBR was the only hotel with 2 bed condo on the beach and it made no financial sense to book a separate WP. The good: lovely beach; small venue; very nice dinner on the patio; nice flowers; condo perfectly adequate, clean; cost reasonable. Theodore, front desk, excellent. Laysha, WP, did color sand for our ceremony (I was told to bring it but one color didn't arrive in time). Good vendor contact for hair/makeup and cake. The bad: no assistance with legal filing process (I made many calls to courthouse); had to negotiate package carefully (took 4 days) ask for itemization-the arch is off-book, owned by WP); the recommended photographer had no prior wedding experience (I found my own); no steamer on premises - nor was I told to bring one - not even an ironing board cover; no salon services; I was sent to town for mani/pedi a few hours before the wedding - but poor service, packed, no appt although supposedly requested. Venue FAR from town (definitely rent a car)-difficult to find-no directions are given- YOU NEED THEM- use googlemaps, took 2 hours to find place and were sent on a wild goose chase looking for last minute items. Scheduling snafu with hair/makeup (both vendor and I wanted 4 pm but the WP insisted on 3 pm- book Kristina directly). The WP had a breakdown on my wedding day because her cat was sick. Her music player didn't work and she had no back up. She disappeared minutes after ceremony; never heard from again. Couldn't even get tinfoil to wrap a piece wedding cake to take home; thank goodness for helpful Theodore. The worst: the officiants I requested were not contacted because the resort uses 1 vendor (Island wedding services) -we were only informed last minute who it would be and then it was someone else (WRITE YOUR OWN VOWS); no marriage certificate after 3 weeks. Although vendor was included in WP contract, WP said it was my responsibility to follow up.

Secret Harbour Beach resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you for reviewing Secret Harbour Weddings. It is always helpful to our staff to hear what we did well and where we need improvement. We are delighted to hear that Theodore took such great care of you. I will pass on your comments. We are pleased that you liked your 2 bedroom condominium and that you had a lovely dinner with flowers on the patio. I am very sorry that your wedding day wasn't absolutely perfect. Planning a wedding in less than 2 weeks can be quite stressful for all concerned, especially given the unavailability of some of your preferred vendors including your favorite photographer and your requested minister. We are pleased that you liked the recommended hair and makeup stylist. Per your experience, we will no longer be recommending the same mani/pedi vendor as they are difficult to locate. The island is a challenge in terms of directions, as road signs and most physical addresses are nonexistent. Per your comments, I have purchased a steamer and multiple ironing board covers. I have also replaced the malfunctioning music player. Most of all I want to apologize for letting the sudden illness and subsequent death of my cat effect the professionalism of my performance in coordinating your wedding. Some things are out of my control yet how I respond is completely up to me. I am sorry. I love my job and try to go above and beyond to be the best wedding coordinator for all my brides. I have followed up with your officiate and your marriage certificate is on its way. Thank you again for eloping to the beach at Secret Harbour Beach Resort on the island of St. Thomas. We hope that you will join us for many anniversaries in the years to come.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Profile Picture
Private User
340-775-6550
ext. 382
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire