SeaVenture Resort

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire staff was AMAZING!! From my first conversation with Lauren, I was convinced that the SeaVenture was the perfect venue for our wedding! And I was right! Our wedding was everything I've dreamed of and more! I have the entire staff at the SeaVenture to thank for making our day so special!

I am quite a perfectionist and have to say that I was very nervous that about 2 months before my wedding date, the coordinator I had been working with resigned and they hired a replacement for her.... In the end, I had absolutely NOTHING to worry about!! Molly was incredible in fulfilling my entire vision for the wedding from start to finish and was so helpful in calming me about all the last minute details I was so stressed about! The staff was so accommodating, service was amazing and the food was sooooo delicious!

All my guests raved about the food, the service and of course the incredible view!

I only have one small negative comment, and that is there is unfortunately no bridal party suite, so you have to reserve rooms at the hotel to get ready in/ hang out before the ceremony.... not a lot of mirror space or sitting area in the rooms, so we were quite cramped in the room before the ceremony.... with that said, I would still do it all over again because it was such an insignificant inconvenience compared to how amazing everything else was!

I highly highly highly recommend the SeaVenture! You can't beat their all inclusive package or the team they have on board to make your wedding day dreams come true!

SeaVenture Resort responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you on our special day. Brides like you make us love our job even more!
We appreciate your thoughts on the room space as well, and will take this in consideration in our further planning. Insights from brides only helps us to improve.
Can't wait to welcome you back on your Anniversary if not sooner! Congratulations!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BEAUTIFUL is all I can say!!! Sea Venture Resort made my dream wedding a reality! Everything from the ceremony to the reception was perfect! My wedding coordinator Tina and Lauren made sure everything was exactly how I wanted! At Sea Venture Resort not only did I have the most prettiest wedding ever, but I did not have to worry or stress over anything because they handled it all! I recommend Sea Venture Resort for everyone's wedding!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

SeaVenture Resort responded with the following comments:

It was a complete and total pleasure to work with you. It only makes our jobs more fulfilling to see the magic on a wedding day! See you back on your Anniversary.

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
Profile Picture
Julie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I Loved it!!!! It was my Dream come true WEDDING!!! Thank You!!!

• Wedding: 08/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and Tina were aweome! I had my dream wedding because of them!!! They are so nice and wonderful to work with. I gave Tina my centerpieces and told her to do what she wanted with them and the reception was gorgeous! Everything went smoothly with no hitches what so ever. Couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Thank you Tina and Lauren! Thank you SeaVenture!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can not say enough amazing things about the SeaVenture!! They went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding! They had a wedding the day of our rehearsal a rehearsal after our wedding and one the sunday after but not once did i not feel like the center of their attention! The food was amazing as always and the service was EXCEPTIONAL!! Lauren and her team have mastered the art of weddings and the best part when you have your wedding there you get a free night stay every year on your anniversary date!! You cant beat that!! If you want a stress free wedding with an amazing location and view i HIGHLY recommend using them!!

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't be happier with the staff and service at SeaVenture. We had our ceremony on their beach, and our reception at their restaurant. Lauren and Tina were great to work with. They covered every detail and worked hard to create the wedding of our dreams. The ceremony was gorgeous...the location and chairs and arch were excellent. We had 150+ guests and reserved the whole restaurant for the reception. The food was excellent, from the presentation, to the quality, to the service. Simon runs a tight and organized restaurant. Everything went as planned. The staff went above and beyond to make our guests happy. Lauren was very flexible in letting us bring our own cultural foods for appetizers, and worked with us to keep our party going until midnight. Simon even let us keep dancing for a few more minutes past midnight. Tina was extremely nice and organized and was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more thanks to the SeaVenture staff. Our families were so impressed by the scenery, the people, the views, the elegant hotel rooms, the wonderful food...we would do it all over again at the SeaVenture in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 04/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really, really, wanted to get married in Hawaii but when that didn't work out I decided -- I live in California why can't I get married on the beach. After searching and searching for the perfect venue, I settled on the Sea Venture Resort. They provide all of the chairs, arch and set-up in their very affordable prices and they also can host the reception in their full ocean view restaurant upstairs at the hotel. This is a boutique hotel with just 50 rooms so it's maybe not appropriate for someone hoping for a large wedding but for our 60 guests we couldn't have imagined a more perfect location. Krista, their in house coordinator was a dream to work with and all of the restaurant staff was super helpful as well. My fiancée and I ate dinner at the restaurant before our event and both times the food was excellent. If you want a beach wedding -- you can't miss with the Sea Venture Resort!

• Wedding: 07/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had 3 months to plan my wedding and I live 3 hours away. Krista and all the staff at the Sea Venture were amazing! The weather was great, the food was delicious and the venue was beautiful! We stayed a few extra nights there at the hotel because we loved it so much, we even got breakfast delivered to our room! We had an ocean view room with a hot tub so we were able to relax under the stars after a full day of festivities. This was the most beautiful place to have our wedding and all on a budget. Thanks Sea Venture, especially Krista, for an amazing wedding and honeymoon! See ya next year!

• Wedding: 11/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sea Venture...especially Krista Ruppa...we're absolutely amazing to work with. My day went on without a single thing going wrong and I have them to thank for their organization! The food was also amazing and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly :) I would recommend them over and over again...Thank you for the best day of my life!!

• Wedding: 03/22/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was amazing, and the day was PERFECT! We owe so much of that to Lauren and the staff at the Sea Venture. It was truly a magical day; one that we had only dreamed and hoped was possible.

Lauren and Krista covered every detail. They thought of things we never would have. The Sea Venture staff was always accessible. They kept us feeling relaxed and excited, special, and important. All our friends and family have said it was one of the best weddings EVER !!!!

For any couples that are looking for a place to get married with your feet in the sand, a team of friendly people to take care of you, a reception with a gorgeous ocean view, great food and cozy guest rooms (with breakfast in bed!!!)…..The Sea Venture is the place for you The Pismo area is beautiful and there is so much to do in the surrounding areas. Gorgeous beaches, wine tasting, recreational activities, the list goes on.

Weddings are one of those life events that people never forget, and making it as memorable as it was for us, is a gift that’s priceless. The Sea Venture gave us that gift. And the best part of all is now that our wedding day has come and gone, we can go back to the Sea Venture every year for our anniversary and reflect on our special memories. How cool is that ??

• Wedding: 09/29/2007
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I never would have thought a wedding could turn out so perfect with such little planning time (4 months). Krista Rupp made the entire process so easy and from all the decision making that went in to it before hand, and including the day of my daughter's wedding. Krista also assisted in the decorating and coordinated the ceremony. Thanks Krista for all your hard work! The service at our plated reception was fantastic as was the food! Room prices were a bit pricey but it was so convenient and such a special occasion we opted to splurge.

• Wedding: 08/08/2010
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at the Sea Venture could not have been any better! The difficulty that we had were related to the front desk staff not ANYTHING about the wedding!!! Krista is ABSOLUTELY the best person ever...she was attentive to every detail, she set up my entire reception and it looked absolutely breathtaking. We had a lot of guests stay and just RAVE about everything related to Sea Venture. Plus the Anniversary Club membership is a good perk. The food was fantastic, the views breathtaking, and the staff was fantastic. If you are looking for a venue ON the beach, I can't imagine anywhere being better than the sea venture!

• Wedding: 07/16/2010
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Extraordinary to work with! Could not have planned our wedding so fast without the help of the Sea Venture staff! Perfect combination of beach wedding and beach front reception room! Food was extraordinary, staff was friendly! Everything happened without a single problem! Everything the Sea Venture could not provide themselves was neatly arranged on a vendor listing and the vendors we used were very helpful and skilled! I would recommend this wedding site to anyone interested in beach weddings on a budget!! $850 for the ceremony, $3200 for a reception of 40 people. Included several appetizers and tasty main course!

• Wedding: 07/19/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I planned my wedding in three weeks. Krista, at Sea Venture, made it so easy for me. The wedding was beautiful and the food was delicious

• Wedding: 09/12/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our wedding ceremony on the beach in front of the SeaVenture and the reception in the North Beach room and patio with dancing in the Fireplace Room. It was all wonderful! I am an event planner so my expectations are VERY high when it comes to working with a venue and their team. Lauren and Molly did a stellar job of making our event exactly as we wanted it. Every guest said it was a perfect wedding (in fact, one guest said that, on a scale of 1 - 10, it was a 12!) and much of the success of the event was because the staff was attentive and professional, the food was excellent and the location was outstanding. I would recommend to any bride and groom to have your wedding at SeaVenture because it is one of the very few places along the coast (and I searched for months) where you can have the ceremony on a very lovely, uncrowded beach, walk to your reception and have guests stay right down the hall from the wedding. The town of Pismo Beach is walking distance from SeaVenture with lots of shops and things to do. And there are dunes on the south side of the resort which make beautiful wedding photos. Thank you, SeaVenture Resort, for helping to make our day so special!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy that we chose the Sea Venture for our wedding and reception venue!

Lauren and Tina did such a fabulous job with everything! I couldn't have asked for better! My guests were so happy with their rooms, the service they received, etc. And the food at the reception was amazing! Our guests all traveled from at least 3 hrs away, but most came from the East coast and were completely enamored with the Sea Venture.

Also, Simon and the catering staff were fantastic as well. He kept checking with me throughout the reception to make sure everything was fine for us and we were so happy with the entire package.

I would totally recommend this resort and the staff to anyone!

• Wedding: 04/17/2011
805-773-4994
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7