Scottish Cultural Centre

Value
Flexibility
Larkvoorhees
10/25/2014

I recently had my wedding at the Scottish hall and from start to finish they were amazing. They were kind and helpful and very patient when I would email eight billion questions to them. Darryl and Brett are great people and really helped my wedding run smoothly. The hall has recently been painted and there is amble parking around the buildng. The closest hotel is clean and affordable within walking distance.

Lauren
08/23/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception here. I would HIGHLY recommend the Scottish Cultural Center. The manager, Darryl was wonderful. He always responded back to me right away. He answered every question we had and was always willing to accommodate to our needs. The other staff, were amazing as well. Brett was always cheerful and knew every answer to our questions!

Wembly
08/02/2014

From the moment I first contacted Darryl and the team at the Scottish Cultural Centre, I was taken care of. Darryl was always so helpful and informative with every question I had and returned my emails/calls promptly. A friendly group who let me come back a few times to scope out the space to figure out how things would work. Brett was also very friendly and helpful. A great team and I cannot sing their praises enough (but I will try!!!)

We couldn't have picked a better place for our reception.

Stephany
07/05/2014

Very organize, if we need someone from one of the stuff they are ready and there to help. perfect to any occasions.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
Seryna
10/19/2013

The team at the SCC were amazing. They let us go in regularly to be inspired by the space, they were flexible with deposits and didn't give away our date when we were late sending the final payment (bride brain, you know how it is). We had both our ceremony and reception there by splitting up the main hall, and they were able to give us a great deal on the rental price. They did the set up and take down, the let us go in early to prepare. I just loved them. The space is large and lovely. I actually thought it was darker than it actually was, so I'd brought a bunch of extra lighting that wasn't necessary. We had the DJ on the stage. The only thing we didn't like was the plaid, but it's the SCOTTISH Cultural Centre, so what do you expect? :) With a bigger decorating budget, we could have made it look magical with draping... there was a lot more potential that we didn't leverage, and still we loved the space we created. A big priority for us was that it was wheelchair accessible because my grandma in in a chair, and she had no problem with getting around with the ramps, the wide corridors, and the washrooms. I would definitely host another event there, and would recommend it to others for their wedding too.

1+ year ago

Our families have enjoyed working with all the staff at the Scottish Cultural Centre and by far, was one of the best vendors we worked with for the wedding. Every staff member that we dealt with was accommodating and completely professional. The building is a bit "tired" itself but, with decorating like we did, no one noticed. We enjoyed all of our dealings with everyone at the Scottish Cultural Centre.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Darryl was super nice and so very helpful with all my questions and concerns. I had around 225 for my wedding and there was a lot of room and a good sized dance floor too. I was really pleased with the space and the service.

Shawn&Jordan
08/10/2013

We were pleased with our experience.

Mae
07/20/2013

My husband and I were very pleased with fhis venue and the management team. Everyone was super accommodating and professional. The venue was perfect for us

No friend
08/08/2014

The staff are very helpful and available to answer questions all the time! The days before, on and after ran smoothly thanks to them. We were also super impressed with the prices and flexibility :)

Tanya
07/12/2014

The Scottish Cultural Centre was a perfect venue for our wedding. We used the Hebridean room. It's a no frills or hassle kind of place. You can dress the venue up or down as much as you like, depending on how much money/time you'd like to spend. When our original venue did not work out (and we'd already put our deposit down for our caterers), it was a saving grace to discover SCC allowed us to bring in our own caterer and alcohol. The staff were friendly, laid back, helpful and informative with my many questions. Darryl (Office manager) is pretty responsive to queries. Ask for Brett (Caretaker) - he knows his stuff! On one of the hottest days in July, we were relieved to have our wedding in doors with A/C. My only complaint is that the wifi worked when testing in the morning, but failed to work just before the ceremony started and didn't work at all for the rest of our day. So we were unable to play our music via remote/ipod at arms reach, instead we had to jump behind the stage each time for change/stop/volume adjustment to music. I would definitely recommend the SCC!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Had my reception there.

They were accommodating to all my needs. All the staff I had to talked to are super nice.

1+ year ago

The Scottish Cultural Centre was an AMAZING venue for our wedding.

Freddie
06/29/2013

It was a pleasure working with Daryl & Bret. Avoid Brad as he can be cranky at times. Management was very flexible with special requests and Daryl was easy to get a hold of by email. Great venue for events of 200-300 people. Stage, bar and kitchen is useful. Lots of parking. Nice high ceilings, wood floors and excellent lighting! (It is a photographer's dream). Handy multiple entrances to the hall. Entrance and surrounding neighbourhood doesn't have much of a wow factor, but we used that to surprise guests with the decoration work we did inside. Great bang for your buck but do not understand why they would upsell to charge you more to use the whole floor, which we felt was a cash grab. We were also promised that all all the crests would be taken down but the photos around the hall would not. We were surprised that the crests were not taken down. If you are doing the wedding, I would stress that the crests are taken down, or have it covered by a decorator. Closes a bit too early for my liking but River Rock is very close by so your guests have a place to go to after. Lessons learned on the negatives but if I had a similar event, I would easily hire them again.

For images on how our wedding turned out, go to: http://www.pingram.me/tag/barceleonwedding

1+ year ago

Friendly people. Nice, large venue. Great to be able to bring in our own caterer, liquor, etc. Office hours are limited but there is usually someone there all day.