Scottish Cultural Centre

Value
Flexibility
Susie
03/28/2015

Great venue, great value and VERY helpful staff.

Larkvoorhees
10/25/2014

I recently had my wedding at the Scottish hall and from start to finish they were amazing.
They were kind and helpful and very patient when I would email eight billion questions to them. Darryl and Brett are great people and really helped my wedding run smoothly.
The hall has recently been painted and there is amble parking around the buildng. The closest hotel is clean and affordable within walking distance.

Lauren
08/23/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception here. I would HIGHLY recommend the Scottish Cultural Center. The manager, Darryl was wonderful. He always responded back to me right away. He answered every question we had and was always willing to accommodate to our needs. The other staff, were amazing as well. Brett was always cheerful and knew every answer to our questions!

Wembly
08/02/2014

From the moment I first contacted Darryl and the team at the Scottish Cultural Centre, I was taken care of. Darryl was always so helpful and informative with every question I had and returned my emails/calls promptly. A friendly group who let me come back a few times to scope out the space to figure out how things would work. Brett was also very friendly and helpful. A great team and I cannot sing their praises enough (but I will try!!!)

We couldn't have picked a better place for our reception.

Stephany
07/05/2014

Very organize, if we need someone from one of the stuff they are ready and there to help. perfect to any occasions.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
Seryna
10/19/2013

The team at the SCC were amazing. They let us go in regularly to be inspired by the space, they were flexible with deposits and didn't give away our date when we were late sending the final payment (bride brain, you know how it is). We had both our ceremony and reception there by splitting up the main hall, and they were able to give us a great deal on the rental price. They did the set up and take down, the let us go in early to prepare. I just loved them.
The space is large and lovely. I actually thought it was darker than it actually was, so I'd brought a bunch of extra lighting that wasn't necessary. We had the DJ on the stage. The only thing we didn't like was the plaid, but it's the SCOTTISH Cultural Centre, so what do you expect? :) With a bigger decorating budget, we could have made it look magical with draping... there was a lot more potential that we didn't leverage, and still we loved the space we created. A big priority for us was that it was wheelchair accessible because my grandma in in a chair, and she had no problem with getting around with the ramps, the wide corridors, and the washrooms. I would definitely host another event there, and would recommend it to others for their wedding too.

Private User
1+ year ago

Our families have enjoyed working with all the staff at the Scottish Cultural Centre and by far, was one of the best vendors we worked with for the wedding. Every staff member that we dealt with was accommodating and completely professional. The building is a bit "tired" itself but, with decorating like we did, no one noticed. We enjoyed all of our dealings with everyone at the Scottish Cultural Centre.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Darryl was super nice and so very helpful with all my questions and concerns. I had around 225 for my wedding and there was a lot of room and a good sized dance floor too. I was really pleased with the space and the service.

Shawn&Jordan
08/10/2013

We were pleased with our experience.

Mae
07/20/2013

My husband and I were very pleased with fhis venue and the management team. Everyone was super accommodating and professional. The venue was perfect for us

Kimberly
04/04/2015

This is a great wedding venue! The main hall has a beautiful hardwood floor that was perfect for the dance my husband and I wanted. We rented the large hall and divided it into two rooms and had our ceremony on one side and reception and dance on the other side.
Darryl and Brett (the manager and caretaker) were amazingly helpful and accommodating. As long as it works around other rentals, they are willing to accommodate most requests. We were able to drop off our bar supplies and put them in the fridge to cool, set up our decorations in part of the hall and have a rehearsal ceremony the night before because it didn't interfere with the rental on Friday night.
The hall has a lot of conveniences that were a pleasant surprise and made life much, much easier - a kitchen that any caterer you hire can use, a bar area with fridges and an ice maker you can use, some very affordable rentals, and the caretaker on duty takes care of setting up furniture for your event. (Your family and friends will appreciate this, trust me!)
The only reason I put down 4.5 for responsiveness is that the hall has very limited office hours, so it's sometimes hard to get in touch over the phone. Email was very prompt, though, so overall it was not an issue.
I would definitely recommend you check out the Scottish Cultural Centre for your event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
No friend
08/08/2014

The staff are very helpful and available to answer questions all the time! The days before, on and after ran smoothly thanks to them. We were also super impressed with the prices and flexibility :)

Tanya
07/12/2014

The Scottish Cultural Centre was a perfect venue for our wedding. We used the Hebridean room. It's a no frills or hassle kind of place. You can dress the venue up or down as much as you like, depending on how much money/time you'd like to spend. When our original venue did not work out (and we'd already put our deposit down for our caterers), it was a saving grace to discover SCC allowed us to bring in our own caterer and alcohol. The staff were friendly, laid back, helpful and informative with my many questions. Darryl (Office manager) is pretty responsive to queries. Ask for Brett (Caretaker) - he knows his stuff! On one of the hottest days in July, we were relieved to have our wedding in doors with A/C. My only complaint is that the wifi worked when testing in the morning, but failed to work just before the ceremony started and didn't work at all for the rest of our day. So we were unable to play our music via remote/ipod at arms reach, instead we had to jump behind the stage each time for change/stop/volume adjustment to music. I would definitely recommend the SCC!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Had my reception there.

They were accommodating to all my needs. All the staff I had to talked to are super nice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Scottish Cultural Centre has been an awesome place for us to do our wedding ceremony. From the ceremony rehearsals, to decorating the hall, and to the actual ceremony, everyone has been so accommodating. I would like to commend the manager, Darryl, as well as Brett and Larry, who went out of their way to accommodate the requests that we've made. They had been very flexible and understanding and this has been a great help to our wedding preparations.

Private User
2+ years ago

The Scottish Cultural Centre was an AMAZING venue for our wedding.