Say "I Do" Your Way

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Rev Bill is just what we were looking for in an officiant. We know that people have different ideas of what a ceremony should be like. My husband and I really wanted a ceremony that would capture us as a couple and emphasize our love for each other. Rev Bill really worked with us to make sure that was exactly what we got. Our ceremony, by far, was my favorite thing about our wedding. I have had more compliments and have been told that is was one of the most touching, loving and emotional ceremonies our guest have ever experienced. The reception was great, but the ceremony is what the wedding is really all about. Rev Bill did everything in his power to make out perfect and it was just that, PERFECT!

Services Used: Officiant

Thanks to Bill and Say I Do Your Way, our wedding ceremony was beautiful, personal, unique, and heartfelt--everything we could have hoped for! We are so thankful that we found Bill to officiate our wedding. Because my husband and I come from different faiths, we wanted a non-denominational officiant that would work with us to craft a personal ceremony that reflected both of our families' traditions and our individual touches. From our very first meeting, Bill helped us create our own personalized ceremony that incorporated our heritage and reflected who we are as individuals and as a couple. Based on his 30 years of experience, Bill provided great advice and insight into the various elements and style of the ceremony, helping us achieve the tone and length we had in mind. A few weeks before the wedding, Bill helped us pick our readings and worked with us to incorporate several special and unique elements into our ceremony, including having our fathers each read a short blessing and having Bill tell the story of my engagement ring, which is a family heirloom. Bill also provided us with guidance on how to craft our own vows, which ended up being my favorite part of our ceremony. Finally, Bill also asked us to fill out a questionnaire before the wedding, from which he developed his homily about our story, how we met, and our vision for our marriage. Every aspect of our ceremony was personalized and custom-made for us! After the ceremony, I had several friends and family members compliment us on the ceremony and ask how long we'd known Bill, because his words had made it seem like he'd known us for years. We are truly grateful for the beautiful ceremony Bill created for us, and we are so glad to have been able to work with him! I would absolutely recommend Bill and Say I Do Your Way to anyone looking for a unique, special, and highly personal wedding ceremony.

Recently Married

The service was perfect especially since we only met on Skype before the wedding. We got tons of comments about how personal the actual ceremony was.

The lead up was also great and she was very accommodating. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Officiant

Prior to Joyce becoming the officiant for our wedding, we might have preferred her husband Bill based solely on the reviews. Due to time constraints, Bill was unavailable, and we happily had Joyce. As the groom I felt like Joyce maybe would have been the better choice for ours, but that is just our personal preference.

We met both Joyce and Bill on multiple occasions and they were always prepared and welcoming. When we started meeting solely with Joyce, she was always very receiving and accommodating as the officiant at our wedding. Understanding their pastoral backgrounds, she made it no issue at all to accommodate our civil, non-religious wedding. I also preferred to word the ceremony in a manner that best reflected my and my wife's relationship. Joyce provided very helpful templates to each of the pieces of the event, gave advice and was responsive in our e-mail correspondence.

Joyce had my wife and I submit a 5 question summary of our relationship which she reiterated into our ceremony "story". I felt that she did a really good job putting both of our stories together into a nice chronological timeline that kept with the tones and themes of our wedding. She also had both of us send her our vows which she compared and critiqued. As someone who has a lot of anxiety speaking in front of people, she helped to make the ceremony less scary. I felt very comfortable knowing that the wedding was in good hands and my wife and I would definitely recommend her to all wedding types in the future!

Recently Married

We found Joyce through a friend and were very happy working with her. She is super sweet, professional, and quick to respond to questions/ideas. She is easy to work with and offers many planning files (blessings, readings, etc) to choose from. My husband and I don't live in MD, but we found it very easy to communicate with her via email and phone.

Services Used: Officiant

Bill is awesome! He married my sister 7 years ago as well. He had wonderful ideas, and the ceremony was exactly what my husband and I had envisioned. He really personalizes the ceremony which is really nice. He really wants the wedding to be whatever the bride and groom want. Bill responds back to emails in a very timely manner. He is very helpful as well! I would highly recommend Bill.

Services Used: Officiant

An easy five stars. Bill was easy to work with, responsive to emails, flexible, & affordable. My husband & I received numerous compliments about the ceremony & Bill. The guest loved how it was short, sweet, & personal, which is just what my husband & I wanted.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev Bill helped us put together such a meaningful ceremony. We loved all of the suggestions that Bill had available to pick from for the ceremony. Our guests have mentioned how they have not been to a more personalized and special ceremony like this before.

We walked away with many wonderful memories from our Wedding Day, but the most important part of that day is the ceremony, and it couldn't have been more special!

Thank you Rev Bill from the bottom of our hearts! We're off to a great start!

Dana & Chris Remsburg

Recently Married

Bill was very helpful in guiding us through planning our ceremony. He provided us with plenty of options to personalize our ceremony and it was a pleasure to work with him.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Bill married my fiancé and I at the DC War Memorial in Washington, DC. We wanted something intimate and personal, and light on the religious traditions, since neither of us are very religious. Rev. Bill took the time to understand what specific we wanted, gave us a ton of options for readings, prayers, etc., and was extremely flexible when we had ideas of our own. We also really appreciated the fact that he truly got to know us in the time leading up to our wedding, so that he could integrate these stories into the ceremony itself. The ceremony Bill officiated was fantastic. He was eloquent, and really made it feel like he'd known us for a long time. The ceremony felt personal and relaxed. Just as we wanted! Rev. Bill was fantastic, and we would definitely recommend him to any bride and grooms in the DC area.

Services Used: Officiant

From the very first meeting with Reverend Bill, my husband and I loved him. He was so friendly and warm that we truly felt at ease with him. Something that was really important to us for our wedding was that everything truly feel like us and so the ceremony was something we were a bit concerned about, not being very religious people. Reverend Bill was so wonderful in understanding our wishes and really exceeded our expectations in providing a ceremony that was filled with love and blessings without being religious. He did an amazing job at telling our story during the ceremony. Many guests have told us they really enjoyed the ceremony which makes us so happy. We loved working with and having Reverend Bill marry us!

Services Used: Officiant

Joyce was simply wonderful! She helped us put together a really personalized ceremony that everybody loved. It was fun to hear her weave our stories together into a narrative and use our own words to tell our family and friends how we met and fell in love. She was very helpful with her suggestions, in answering our questions, and making the ceremony all about us. Thank you Joyce!

Services Used: Officiant

Originally we met with Joyce and loved her ideas for our ceremony, and a special German wedding ritual to surprise our guests! Joyce had a family emergency and Bill stepped in and was fantastic!!! We laughed, we cried, guests clapped and everyone came away commenting on how wonderful, personal, relaxed and intimate Bill made our wedding. Bill truly exceeded my expectations of what a ceremony could be and I now have so many special moments and memories of our union!!! Bill and Joyce, thank you! I love your questionnaire and I love how you incorporate so many personal details into your ceremony!!!

Services Used: Officiant

Bill Cochran was our officiant for our wedding at Herrington Harbour in North Beach, Maryland. Bill was very accommodating with all of our ceremony requests and did a great job incorporating our stories into the ceremony the day of the wedding. Our wedding was outside on the Chesapeake Bay and Bill really made it the perfect day. I would recommend Bill Cochran and Say "I Do" Your Way for anyone that is looking for the perfect ceremony that way you would want it.

1 Review
1+ year ago

Mr. Cochran provided us with a once in a lifetime experience for the most important day of our lives. He was incredibly responsive, flexible, and creative. We would not have rather had anyone else! I We would highly recommend him as his services were fantastic.

Services Used: Officiant

Bill was our officiant for our wedding which took place this past Memorial Day weekend. The ceremony was beautiful, peppered with just the right amount of tasteful humor and lightheartedness I was hoping for. Bill was very informative and responsive with prompt email correspondence. We also met in person twice where he went over the process of outlining the ceremony, of which, until I met Bill, was clueless of where to even begin. His thoughtfully assembled folder of guidelines and samples helped us tremendously and made the entire process very easy to understand. We recommend Bill highly if you are looking for an officiant for your special day. He is a true professional.