Say "I Do" Your Way

Say "I Do" Your Way

Fun, Personal, Unique & Memorable Wedding Ceremonies

7610 Tarpley Dr.
Derwood, MD 20855 | map
Services: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single ...
Religious affliliations: Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no denomination),...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had . Bill Cochran as our wedding officiant for our January 3, 2015 wedding. It was such a pleasure working will Bill throughout this entire process. We were not sure if we were going to have a Greek Orthodox Church wedding initially. We decided to go a different route and to have a civil ceremony and have our church wedding this summer in Greece. Bill made us feel at ease about the entire process. He met with us two times before our rehearsal. We felt confident about the event because of Bill's communication and guidance. He was also extremely responsive to emails and prompt with his responses. He made this process much easier and was very helpful with the paperwork for the courthouse as well as filling out documents for our ceremony. Bill was able to share our story with our guests by providing us with a beautiful ceremony that was full of meaning. People thought Bill had known us for years and I keep receiving compliments from our guests about the fabulous service provided by Bill. Bill is very kind as well and once you speak with him and meet him, you will know you made the right choice.

• Wedding: 01/03/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I had a vision of what our wedding would look like - colors, decor, details - but when it came to the actual ceremony (the most important part!), we had no idea where to begin. Bill Cochran came to our rescue. He listened to us and our story and guided us through the planning of each aspect of the ceremony. Bill was responsive, open to our preferences, and made the entire process easy and fun. My now husband and I went from feeling anxious about where to begin to feeling calm and in control with Bill at the helm. There ceremony wasn't even on the list of things we were worried about, and our guests loved his presentation of us as a couple. In the end, we had a completely personal ceremony that truly fit "us," and we couldn't have been happier! Thank you, Bill!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverend Bill was awesome. He made us feel very comfortable from the first time we met. The pre-marriage counseling went extremely well. He was able to pinpoint a specific issue/problem we were going through and was a key factor in working through it all. The ceremony was very well presented, Bill interacted with the wedding party like part of the family. I strongly recommend Bill for anyone thinking of getting married or counseling.

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My now husband are so glad we found Say I Do Your Way! We knew how important it was to find the right officiant that we "clicked" with. We'd met several possible options, but none of them was right for us.

When we met with Joyce and Bill, we knew we'd found the right officiant! Both Bill and Joyce are warm and caring and have the presence we were looking for. Bill was already booked for a wedding earlier in the day, so we choose to work with Joyce, but I think either one of them would have been wonderful.

Joyce meet with us several times in person, as well as emailed with us, to make sure she really got to know us and what we wanted. My husband and I were raised in different religious faiths, but are not religious now. So we wanted a mostly secular ceremony that still honored our families faiths. Joyce helped us weave the perfect religious elements in our ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted. She provided us with many different options for all of the elements of the ceremony, which helped us really tailor it to our wishes. And she used our responses to a questionnaire we filled out to tell the story of our courtship, which was really wonderful.

Overall, the ceremony was exactly what we wanted - beautiful, personal, and touching. Many of our quests commented on how perfect it was. I would definitely recommend Joyce!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill was excellent. He was always available to help plan our ceremony the way we wanted. He worked hard to make sure the wedding reflected our backgrounds and desires. And on the day of, Bill was very well prepared and organized. You could tell he had done this before. I highly recommend!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My review is for Joyce, who was the officiant at our wedding. Joyce did a wonderful job at our ceremony and was very helpful in providing my wife and I with a number of valuable resources that allowed us to truly create a unique ceremony. My wife and I essentially picked and chose from her resources and wrote our own ceremony from beginning to end. Joyce was very helpful in this process and provided great feedback on what she thought would work and what wouldn't. Joyce provided what amounted to a summary of how my wife and I met and our relationship up to the wedding day in place of a traditional homily. This was the only part that was a little bit of a miss for my wife and I. We probably would have preferred a more traditional homily and perhaps should have made that more clear. Overall we were very satisfied with Joyce's service and would highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Perfect Ceremony! Bill was everything we could have asked for and more for our wedding this past October. He made the ceremony very personalized with details about our first date, the proposal, etc. He had our friends and family laughing and smiling the whole time. We could not have asked for a better experience and a better wedding.

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
Eszter
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill Cochran was our officiant and did such a fantastic job. We found him to be very warm and friendly, which put us at ease while we planned our ceremony. By the time of the actual wedding, it felt like an old friend was performing the service. The service he created for us was personal, touching, and just the right amount of light-hearted.
We also did pre-marital counseling with Bill in advance of the wedding which we found to be very helpful. We use the strategies we learned in these sessions frequently in our daily lives. Bill is a great choice for a wedding officiant!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Bill and it was an absolutely great experience!! Our journey started out when we could not get into the church of our choice in Washington DC, so we needed to find an officiant to marry us in the museum in which our reception was being held. We hired Bill blindly as a recommendation from our wedding planner, but very quickly fell in love with him. By the time our first meeting was over, we felt as though we knew Bill for years and were 100% confident he would officiate the most perfect ceremony...as he did! Bill chatted with us through out our engagement and make an appoint to get to know us as best he could in 10 months. Our wedding ceremony was so beautiful, personal and special. SO many wedding guests have called us since telling us how much they enjoyed it and how likeable Bill was. He takes the time to understand who you are as a couple and tailors your ceremony exactly how you would want it. 5 stars for Bill!! Anyone who is looking for an officiant is safe with him :) Wish we could do it all over again!

Best,

Joanna and Deuce

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As my fiancé, now husband, and I talked about our wedding on our way to Hawaii, we kept finding ourselves saying how amazing the ceremony was. During the wedding planning process we found ourselves late on picking our officiant. This is a pivotal part to any wedding. We had been to friends weddings, and lets just say the "feel" of the ceremony is greatly affected by the officiant.

We were recommended Say "I do" your way, by our wedding coordinator, and was in touch first with Bill. Bill was already booked for another wedding, but his wife Joyce was available for our day. We set a meeting with Joyce, and in a matter of minutes Michael and I both knew we had found our perfect match. Joyce is an absolute joy. She takes her time in truly getting to know you and in turn helps prepare the perfect ceremony for the couple.

It wasn't until we found ourselves standing at the alter, did we realize how genuine the ceremony was going to be. Our guests could not stop commenting on the ceremony, how it was the best mix of sincerity, spirituality, love, and humor. With 150 guests, it still felt so very intimate, and from the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank Joyce enough for a flawless ceremony, a gift we will always cherish.

You can be certain we will sing Joyce's praises to any friend, or family member that is in need of an officiant!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev Bill is just what we were looking for in an officiant. We know that people have different ideas of what a ceremony should be like. My husband and I really wanted a ceremony that would capture us as a couple and emphasize our love for each other. Rev Bill really worked with us to make sure that was exactly what we got. Our ceremony, by far, was my favorite thing about our wedding. I have had more compliments and have been told that is was one of the most touching, loving and emotional ceremonies our guest have ever experienced. The reception was great, but the ceremony is what the wedding is really all about. Rev Bill did everything in his power to make out perfect and it was just that, PERFECT!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks to Bill and Say I Do Your Way, our wedding ceremony was beautiful, personal, unique, and heartfelt--everything we could have hoped for! We are so thankful that we found Bill to officiate our wedding. Because my husband and I come from different faiths, we wanted a non-denominational officiant that would work with us to craft a personal ceremony that reflected both of our families' traditions and our individual touches. From our very first meeting, Bill helped us create our own personalized ceremony that incorporated our heritage and reflected who we are as individuals and as a couple. Based on his 30 years of experience, Bill provided great advice and insight into the various elements and style of the ceremony, helping us achieve the tone and length we had in mind. A few weeks before the wedding, Bill helped us pick our readings and worked with us to incorporate several special and unique elements into our ceremony, including having our fathers each read a short blessing and having Bill tell the story of my engagement ring, which is a family heirloom. Bill also provided us with guidance on how to craft our own vows, which ended up being my favorite part of our ceremony. Finally, Bill also asked us to fill out a questionnaire before the wedding, from which he developed his homily about our story, how we met, and our vision for our marriage. Every aspect of our ceremony was personalized and custom-made for us! After the ceremony, I had several friends and family members compliment us on the ceremony and ask how long we'd known Bill, because his words had made it seem like he'd known us for years. We are truly grateful for the beautiful ceremony Bill created for us, and we are so glad to have been able to work with him! I would absolutely recommend Bill and Say I Do Your Way to anyone looking for a unique, special, and highly personal wedding ceremony.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The service was perfect especially since we only met on Skype before the wedding. We got tons of comments about how personal the actual ceremony was.

The lead up was also great and she was very accommodating. Highly recommend.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Prior to Joyce becoming the officiant for our wedding, we might have preferred her husband Bill based solely on the reviews. Due to time constraints, Bill was unavailable, and we happily had Joyce. As the groom I felt like Joyce maybe would have been the better choice for ours, but that is just our personal preference.

We met both Joyce and Bill on multiple occasions and they were always prepared and welcoming. When we started meeting solely with Joyce, she was always very receiving and accommodating as the officiant at our wedding. Understanding their pastoral backgrounds, she made it no issue at all to accommodate our civil, non-religious wedding. I also preferred to word the ceremony in a manner that best reflected my and my wife's relationship. Joyce provided very helpful templates to each of the pieces of the event, gave advice and was responsive in our e-mail correspondence.

Joyce had my wife and I submit a 5 question summary of our relationship which she reiterated into our ceremony "story". I felt that she did a really good job putting both of our stories together into a nice chronological timeline that kept with the tones and themes of our wedding. She also had both of us send her our vows which she compared and critiqued. As someone who has a lot of anxiety speaking in front of people, she helped to make the ceremony less scary. I felt very comfortable knowing that the wedding was in good hands and my wife and I would definitely recommend her to all wedding types in the future!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Joyce through a friend and were very happy working with her. She is super sweet, professional, and quick to respond to questions/ideas. She is easy to work with and offers many planning files (blessings, readings, etc) to choose from. My husband and I don't live in MD, but we found it very easy to communicate with her via email and phone.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Bill is awesome! He married my sister 7 years ago as well. He had wonderful ideas, and the ceremony was exactly what my husband and I had envisioned. He really personalizes the ceremony which is really nice. He really wants the wedding to be whatever the bride and groom want. Bill responds back to emails in a very timely manner. He is very helpful as well! I would highly recommend Bill.

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
301-926-2671
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards