Savannah Event Catering

Value
Flexibility
Private User
06/20/2015

Everything was great! All the guests loved the food and everything was set up nicely. The shrimp and grits bar was a big hit, many people who don't eat fish tried it and loved it. My cousin admitted he went back at least 4 times for the shrimp and grits. It was the one thing that did go smoothly at my wedding and the staff was really friendly!

Services Used: Catering

We only had a month to plan our wedding in June and Mark went out of his way to not only make sure we had plenty of food, but also go and time to take care of all the set up and clean up. Most importantly the food was delicious!!! Weddings come with lots of stress, but the food and catering were 2 things I didn't have to think twice about. He gave us a menu to pick from, we picked everything out, and the company did better than we expected and were super happy with the turn out. And if to pick butter beans you have two choices between country style and dill, you should definitely choose the dill. They were amazing!

Jantrell
11/15/2014

Everything was excellent. The roast beef and mashed potatoes bar was my favorite. Family members ate so much they couldn't move. Staff was excellent and professional.

Services Used: Catering

We used Mark and his staff to cater our daughter's wedding reception. What a great choice! His food was awesome, as was the table décor. His staff was courteous and professional. Mark was very accommodating in the planning stage too. He even arranged a special tasting for my daughter and son-in-law to accommodate their work schedule. I highly recommend Savannah Event Catering for any catering need! You will not regret it!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mark at Savannah Event Catering was so great to work with! He met with us several months before our wedding and helped us come up with the perfect menu. He set up a taste testing for us so we would know what we were ordering. He even helped us by drawing out our venue and showing different ways to set up the buffet tables. The food at the reception was so good!!! People are still talking about how great it was! We loved working with savannah event and would recommend them to anyone in need of a caterer!

Services Used: Catering

Mark, Haley, and their staff provided catering services for our wedding in October.
They were very responsive during the entire process. They returned emails and phone calls promptly. They worked with us to create a good menu and stay within a budget. Savannah Event catering arrived to the venue on time and did a wonderful job with their service, set up and take down. The food was tasty and we got many compliments from guests.
Overall we had a fantastic experience with them.

Services Used: Catering

They were great and went above and beyond! In addition to the food, they set out napkins for us and put up the dessert table for us. Great and super easy to work with!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mark and his team did a wonderful job with our wedding! We had so many compliments on our food and the service. We can’t stop raving about this company to everyone we meet. Mark and Hayley were extremely quick in answering our emails and phone calls leading up to the wedding. Every time we stopped by to meet with Mark he made us different hors d’oeuvres to try. The service is impeccable and everything we tasted from Mark was delicious! My husband loves asiago cheese and he managed to work it into our menu for us perfectly! You can tell he has a true passion for food and loves what he does. We would recommend Savannah Event Catering to everyone!

Services Used: Catering

Mark was FANTASTIC to work with and everything we tried of his was absolutely delicious! Mark and his team went out of their way to provide the perfect reception dinner and display for us. He even came through on a special dish that we had given up on. Mark worked very hard and was so flexible in setting up a tasting for us, working with us to develop the perfect menu (within our budget), and he was consistent, thorough, and timely in following up on all of our questions, changes, requests, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend using Mark and his team for your best catering needs!

Services Used: Catering

I just want to say thanks to Mark and his team for the wonderful job they did at the wedding of Janie Ussery and Chris Cantrell on April 19th at Tybee Island Wedding Chapel.

From the initial meeting to the final dish at the reception Mark was a joy to work with. Rather than simply offer a tasting of the "set" menu that we had given him, he prepared a few of the dishes we had specified but also presented other choices that were in keeping with the food theme that the Bride and Groom had expressed to him. He said that he felt like "it is my responsibility as a caterer to offer you a selection of foods that all meet your idea of what you want." His instinct on this was absolutely right because those offerings helped the Bride and Groom decide on a menu that was much better than what they originally thought they wanted.

He was available anytime throughout the planning process to discuss the menu, the setup of the tables, the presentation of the food and even the planning needed for the guest count, which grew to a size larger than we originally planned as well. He even met with me to talk about different ways to fold and present napkins on the table!

Thanks to his planning, suggestions and experience in the catering field we were able to have a buffet dinner that served around 180 people and everyone was through the buffet in around 30 - 40 minutes.

The appetizers that were passed around during the cocktail hour were incredible and delicious. And the food for the dinner buffet was great. It was all hot and full of flavor. Our guests bragged on it during the entire reception and I have gotten many complements and inquiries about it since the wedding last weekend.

Thank you Mark Scomo and Savannah Event Catering for the wonderful job you did in making the day very special.

Services Used: Catering

So happy with SEC! I had a very specific menu in mind with a southern & cajun theme and Mark created a custom buffet with everything I asked for! This was a destination wedding so we never met in person or tasted anything, but we took the risk and were very satisfied with the results! Mark was always very quick with his response time and spent time over the phone with my mom and I to make sure we were all on the same page. His staff even made sure that I ate while I was getting ready in the bridal suite. AND, they even served our dogs during the reception too! THANK YOU to Mark and company for everything y'all did for us!

Donna
1 Review
10/26/2013

Mark and his staff were very personable and easy to work with. The food was outstanding. We had comments from all of our wedding guests on how good the food was. We had a difficult venue to serve food at, but it was presented beautifully, was hot, and the servers were very helpful. Couldn't have been more pleased!

L.
1 Review
10/19/2013

We couldn't have ask for anything better than this. Everything was absolutely PERFECT! The staff was efficient and polite. The food was amazing. Everyone complimented us on how wonderful everything tasted and wanted seconds! The portion sizes are rather large and they provide such a great selection to choose from. They were very professional and easy to work with. I would 100% recommend Savannah Event Catering to everyone, you won't regret it!

Services Used: Catering

The food was amazing. My family from up North were in love with the Shrimp and Grits. The decorations and set-up were perfect. Thank you Mark and Savannah Event Catering!

Services Used: Catering

Choosing a caterer for our wedding in Georgia, all the way from Alaska, was no easy task. Especially when we couldn't do a tasting. Mark Scomo was wonderful to work with. Our numbers went down quite a bit, and he accommodated us, no problem. He was very professional, in person and over countless emails.The food was perfect, and the price was right! Thank you for making my day stress free and delicious!

Rebecca
05/11/2013

Mark was great to work with! When we first met him he really took the time to sit down with us and plan the catering portion of our wedding. He even catered our rehearsal dinner and brunch. My husband and I have gotten so many compliments on the food and even though half our guests were from the North they loved the shrimp and grits! We really enjoyed working with Mark and would recommend him for any event!