Sarah Ward Events

Sarah Ward Events

Monterey, CA 93940 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was an amazing event coordinator! Since we were having a destination wedding she helped us pick out our vendors which was so helpful! She was also amazing the day of the wedding making sure everything went smoothly!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh boy, this review is long overdue! I was referred to Sarah by my wedding photographer who is also fabulous, Auey Santos, of Photograffiti. When I first met Sarah to talk about her services, I instantly knew I liked her. It was a relief because I had interviewed probably 5 other wedding planners that I can say were not that great. She is extremely sweet, informative of the wedding business and genuine. I chose Sarah because she is so knowledgeable of working with hotels as I held my wedding at The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. I only hired Sarah for day-of services due to my tight budget, but she went above and beyond for me.

Sarah was always responsive to my emails and was very flexible in how I wanted to do things. She was so patient with me when I had A LOT of questions and asked for her opinion about certain wedding details that she really didn't have to help me on. But she was so gracious with her time. She has a very calm, easy-going demeanor which made a nervous bride feel zen. All of our vendors liked working with her, especially our hotel Catering Manager who found Sarah so easy to work with and helpful. The Catering Manager said she would even recommend Sarah to other brides. She made sure all of our vendors knew what time to show up, where to set up and they were able to get a hold of her regarding all logistics. She even kept to our wedding timeline and made sure every speech, music, etc. was on cue. It was such a smooth operation! I never had to worry. The wedding day was pain-free. I didn't have to stress out about any wedding details other than getting ready and enjoying my special day. I put my entire trust in Sarah and she did not let me down. She is the best. I highly recommend Sarah to anyone. She is fantastic at what she does and is worth every dollar. Please hire her. You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 09/21/2012
Caroline
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was fantastic helping plan my wedding. This was a destination wedding for us so all contact with her was done via phone and email. Sarah was so very helpful and prompt in responding to my questions and requests. She made the day of the wedding a breeze, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Definitely worth the money!

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Sarah for my daughter's wedding through a provider list at a local venue. We had the venue picked out but still needed day of services. Sarah was not only available day of but we used her ahead of time for input and ideas via phone and email. I always received prompt replies and helpful answers to my many questions. She attended the rehearsal and took charge of herding the many attendants and family members. The day of went off without a hitch, I did not have to worry about any detail. Sarah even went so far as to give a ride back to the hotel for the MOB/FOB as we missed the shuttle! That is service above and beyond. We would definatley recommend her service to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a destination wedding and when the one month mark came I knew I had to get a day off planner to be able to enjoy the day. I interviewed a few event planners in the Carmel area and while they all sounded very capable, I liked Sarah because of her sweet, calm and positive demeanor. She drove up to our house which is 1.5 hours away to meet with us, none of the others I interviewed offered to do that.

Sarah has great taste and really understood how we wanted our day to be. Even though we had already booked most of our vendors, she offered to review the venue contract and made great suggestions on the linens / rentals and worked with the venue to ensure it was implemented as we requested. She also recommended Connie Moore (florist) and worked with her to create stunning flower decorations for the ceremony and reception. They were beautiful and really made the place feel as we wanted...classy but uplifting and fun. Everyone raved about the flower arrangements.

Sarah is great at what she does and I'm so glad we found her. I was able to relax and truly have fun on our special day. Thank you Sarah!!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah started out great coordinating our wedding day but it began to fall apart towards the end. During the reception she forgot to include my wife's father's toast. She also improvised without asking our permission to have a speaker used by one of her contacts & the contact then sent us a bill for a service that didn't work. I appreciate her quick on the feet thinking but to forget the father of the bride's toast seems unprofessional to me. Everything then seemed to be rushed as well. I did enjoy her kind personality & she was easy to work with but to forget such a key part of the wedding reception is what brought her score down.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really can't say enough good things about Sarah. We planned a destination wedding, and though I had already selected most of the vendors and had the basic plans laid for the wedding, I realized a coordinator would be a must to ensure everything going smoothly once it got down to the wire and the day-of. So I found Sarah through my venue's recommended vendor list, and after our first conversation I knew she would be perfect. Sarah is so sweet, helpful, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable about the entire wedding-planning process. She coordinated with all of our vendors, took charge of the rehearsal, helped set up the ceremony and reception, and even brought me snacks while I was getting ready the day of the wedding. Everyone in the wedding party knew exactly what to do and where to go, and even were instructed on details like how to hold the bouquets. She really thinks of everything and goes above and beyond to ensure a beautiful wedding day. I'm so happy she helped us with our wedding and I really can't imagine having done it without her. Thank you Sarah!

• Wedding: 07/31/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was recommended to us by our event planner at Carmel Valley Ranch- hiring Sarah was probably the best decision we made during our entire wedding process. She helped us navigate the vendors down in Carmel and also gave us unbiased advice and recommendations on everything from table settings to the food to the lighting. She went completely above and beyond what we originally agreed upon- she probably could have charged us twice as much and it still would not have covered the time and energy she gave us. Sarah's sweet demeanor totally hides the fact that she takes charge and gets things done so we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. Thru the whole process Sarah actually became our good friend and someone we trust, we still hang out with her and she's great!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is a professional - she does her job so effortlessly you can hardly tells she is working, the wedding was so fun and schedule so smooth. She coordinated a wedding I was hired as the photographer for at the Monterey Plaza Hotel last fall. As a photographer, there is nothing more important than a coordinator who mans the schedule with respect to everyone involved: the guests entertainment AND those vendors involved to make the event run without a hitch. She made it so easy for me to step in and get the photos I needed where some weddings we are crunched for time, I didn't feel that way with Sarah's management of the schedule. Wonderful coordination!!

• Wedding: 11/20/2010
831-641-9067
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards