Sanderson Images

Sanderson Images

~married photographers~

Lancaster, PA 17579 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Out of all of the vendors for our wedding day, we knew our photographers were going to be our most important decision. We are SO happy we chose John and Kim to capture our wedding for us. John also did our engagement photos in Lancaster PA. We really can re-live our wedding day by just looking at the pictures.

Both our ceremony and reception were at Aldie Mansion in Doylestown PA. It's a really unique venue with a lot of places for photo-ops and John and Kim really took advantage of that. We had so much fun with them! We didn't feel like we were awkwardly posing for pictures. Everything was so easy and it's not hard to see that these two love what they do. I also have a very large family with a lot of kids, so it was a bit more difficult to get all of our family photos but they all came out wonderful.

Our pictures do not look like your typical posed wedding photos - they are unique to us and show our personalities which is priceless to us! The candid pictures from the cocktail hour and reception are awesome too and they captured how much fun everyone was having.

We would highly recommend John and Kim to anyone, and we hope to work with them again someday!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As two people that absolutely hate getting our pictures taken, the thought of being in front of cameras all day on our wedding day was a little stressful. Sanderson Images immediately relieved us of that stress.

Kim and John were so amazing during the engagement session, planning process, and wedding day. It was like having good friends taking our photos. They really made us feel at home and at ease. They made sure that we wouldn't spend half of the wedding doing a photo session. And they weren't up in our faces, blocking guests' views, during the ceremony. Their photos are natural and artistic, not typical pose-y wedding photos. We haven't received our photos back yet, but they actually set up a screen with a slideshow of some of the photos during our reception so we got a sneek peek. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!

I would highly recommend the Sandersons to anyone looking to have artwork instead of just pictures.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John and Kim were extremely professional, but I also felt as if they were part of the wedding! They were both very accomodating from booking them to our wedding day!! They put my husband and I at ease throughout the family, and bridal portraits, and then able to capture our love for one another! As a husband and wife team, they work seamlessly besides one another and their work speaks for itself!! There was a slideshow playing some of the pictures taken from the day, and so many people were blown away with the images! They looked fantastic!
I would highly recommend John and Kim of Sanderson Images! We are thrilled with our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos, they gave us a priceless part of our wedding! Our forever memories!!
Thanks!

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John and Kim Sanderson are hands down the most talented photographers I know. I knew that they would one day photograph my wedding long before my husband and I were even dating! As a husband and wife team, they bring a fun and uniquer perspective and added coverage with two photographers. From the getting to know you session to the entire wedding day, they were such a joy to have around and be a part of the event.

Their talent is second to none and the quality of your pictures will seriously blow you away. They strike a well-poised balance of artistic and unique portraits with traditional and expected wedding photos. The only problem is that since they are so good, they are always swamped with work, so it may take a while to get your pictures back -- but that's only because they spend quality time on every single picture they take. It's truly worth it and though you may suffer from sticker shock when seeing their prices, these photos will last a lifetime and years from now, you will be so happy you have such beautiful wedding photos that were taken by John and Kim Sanderson.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't even begin to explain how amazing Kim and John are, absolutely phenomenal. The work is incredible. As I have heard from all the wedding guests "their photography is artwork". They simply "get it". The ease of working with them begins from the first minute, it carries through to engagement session and then is so apparent on the wedding day. We absolutely loved working with Kim and John!!!!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John & Kimberly. Where to begin? Nicest people alive. Greatest photographers Ever. Interaction with guests was amazing. They are SUCH fantastic photographers, I will recommend them to absolutely anyone who asks. This is one vendor you WANT at your wedding. I can promise you that. Our pictures are gorgeous, and I will be thankful forever :-)

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sanderson images was perfect.

They were incredibly accommodating, taking all of the shots that we requested.

They were incredibly comfortable, and made the wedding party, family and guests feel comfortable, which led to amazing candid and staged photos.

But most importantly, they are incredibly creative and talented. They have a knack for capturing the essence of the situation in a beautiful and artistic way.

Their images are just plain stunning.

Thank you so much to them and you have made the right choice if you pick them.

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! I cannot speak highly enough of John and Kimberly. Our photos from the day are brilliant and they are a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew that above anything else, we wanted a good photographer for our wedding day. It was the first vendor we researched. During our research on the internet, we came across John and Kim and immediately booked an appointment.

Booking John and Kim was one of the best decisions we have ever made. They added a touch of magic to our wedding day memories. Many of their shots literally brought tears to my eyes, because they captured the exact emotions that I was feeling at the time. Their attention to detail was incredible - they even captured the note that my husband slipped to me through his groomsmen moments before I walked down the aisle.

If you want photographers who capture emotion, who are present without being obtrusive, and who are a couple that are in fact in love themselves and can capture the meaning of love forever, then please….book John and Kim!

• Wedding: 10/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really don't know if there will ever be words for how happy I am with my wedding photography experience. As a client of Sanderson Images, referred from a past client, I knew that I would receive excellent photographs of our very special day. I was not prepared for the level of professionalism, attention to detail and outlaying of genuine kindheartedness and warmness that came with our deposit. John and Kimberly went out of their way to customize our package to make it what we wanted and needed. From there, we had three separate sessions with one or both of them that were fun and energetic with the results COMPLETELY capture the love my husband share for each other and our family and friends. There is nothing I can say about the quality of their products that hasn't already been said by the actual prints themselves. Our photographs are artistic heirlooms that my husband and I look forward to sharing with many generations.
Our experience with Sanderson Images was so positive that after our wedding we immediately booked their services for my brother’s upcoming nuptials. I have no doubt they will write a similar review this summer.

• Wedding: 08/22/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

jon and kimberly were a womderful couple to work with very personal husband and wife team who covered all the bases.i highly reccommend them

• Wedding: 08/15/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had been searching for a photographer for months, and as a art school grad, I was very picky. When I found John and Kim Sanderson, it was love at first sight. We scheduled an appt. with them immediately and met with Jon in their adorable studio in Lancaster.

I didn't think I could love their work anymore than I already did, but when we saw the canvases and the albums, we were totally blown away. They don't have a set package, so you can kind of build your own packages based on what you could afford. We paid for the coverage up front, and will be choosing prints, album, etc. now that we are married and finally have some spare change.

Throughout our wedding day, our attendants expressed how cool John and Kim were, and how discreet they were in their photography. They really helped us loosen up in front of the camera and were so fun! At the reception, when they put the slide show out, guests huddled around it and were enamored with the shots. I guarantee that most, if not all of my bridesmaids that aren't already married will be using them. I don't have a single bad thing to say. They were absolutely wonderful!

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John and Kimberly were wonderful to work with and we absolutely love our photos! They're both so friendly and fun to be around and clearly love what they do!
We live & got married in DC, yet had no problems meeting with them ahead of time despite the distance. And they're very responsive via email & phone.
I think the thing that stands out the most is how unobtrusive they were at the wedding. John has this cool way of walking around snapping pictures from the hip, and he got some amazing shots. We were looking for a photojournalistic record of our day and they did an incredible job. We haven't gotten an album yet, but we really like the options they provide and are certain that whatever we get will be well constructed and beautiful.

• Wedding: 11/08/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contacted Sanderson Images based on a referral from a friend of a friend. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to contract with them, because at first glance, their prices seemed too high. However, after talking to John and going over their custom packages in detail, we were able to arrange a package that fit our budget. John and Kimberly are amazing...both as people and photographers. Leading up to the wedding, we talked over email and the phone numerous times, and they were always reassuring and excited about our wedding. We had a great discussion just prior to the wedding about specific details and shots. On the day of the wedding, John and Kimberly were right on time (early, in fact!), had a game plan, and were clearly excited for us! They have a very unique idea in that they set up a flat screen TV at the reception, and show shots from the ceremony. Many of our guests were so mezmorized by the shots, that they just stood in front of the TV proclaiming how awesome the shots were. We lost count of the number of guests who came up to us to tell us how amazing our photographers' work was. We also had the opportunity to see some of the pictures, both at the reception and because John and Kimberly printed some of the ceremony shots during the reception, and put them into a small album as a gift to us as they were leaving the reception. We were so thankful for the instant gratification of being able to see some of our wedding pics right away! And WOW, we LOVE the pictures that we've seen so far!!! One other important note: one of our concerns was that we want our photographers to get great shots, but not distract from the ceremony itself. John and Kimberly did a terrific job in that regard. Further, they were fun to work with. They were engouraging, excited for us, and so easy to work with. It's about a month and a half after the wedding right now, and we anticipate seeing our pics within the next week. We can't wait!

• Wedding: 08/23/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John & Kimberly are truly wonderful to work with- their professionalism, artistry, and overall approach made planning our wedding photography needs with them relaxed and exciting! From start to finish, they demonstrated the utmost attention to detail, flexibility, organization, and treated our special day based on our individual goals. My husband and I have verbally recommended Sanderson Images to many of our friends who are currently planning their own weddings!

• Wedding: 07/26/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sanderson Images were wonderful to work with. I love their friendly care and how much they enjoy what they do!

• Wedding: 05/25/2008
717-305-0449
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards