Sandals Negril

(4.9 / 5.0)
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our trip to Sandals Negril was amazing! We stayed from December 17th - December 26th. I got married at the resort on December 22nd, 2014. I will start with my review on the wedding. It was the perfect day! The spa was amazing at doing hair and make-up - they do exactly what you want and in a timely manner. Suan was our wedding coordinator and she did an amazing job! She was there at the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly and was always there beforehand to answer any questions that we had. The ceremony area was set up beautifully! We had requested flower decorations for our chuppah that I had found online and they made it match practically exactly to what I had requested! The mento/calypso band was soooo good - everyone loved them! You can also request exactly what you want for the songs that you walk to down the aisle. I heard good reviews about the cocktail hour (I wasn't able to eat anything as I was taking pictures the whole time). I booked Alan Smith Photography, which is one of the options through the hotel that you can book and he was absolutely amazing - the pictures all look like a fake backdrop. The reception area was also on the beach and was set up beautifully - it was exactly how I pictured! The DJ was great with sticking to exactly what songs we had put together for him and changed from song to song really well! We had a group of 43 people and everyone had a fabulous time! Overall, everything went perfectly - there is literally not one thing I would change about my wedding! Thank you so much Suan and the rest of the crew for making my wedding perfect!

• Wedding: 12/22/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

WOW! There are not ENOUGH words to describe what a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, AMAZING time that my husband and I had at Sandals this past week!! Jamaica was absolutely beautiful…. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted with a yummy drink and a cold, refreshing towel. Everyone that works here at Sandals Negril greets you with a warm smile and a very friendly demeanor. My husband and I chose Negril for our honeymoon after reading many excellent reviews and through word of mouth…we were NOT disappointed in the least. To say this was the best week of our lives is an understatement; it was truly a magical experience. We instantly bonded with the staff and would not have had the time we had if it wasn’t for Michael, Romano, Omar and Yorvick for mixing up the most delightful drinks….for Richard, Willie, Samantha and Laurie for constantly entertaining us and getting us to let lose…for Kendra who greeted us every morning with a hug and a smile for breakfast…for Sheldon cooking up late night food to help with those headaches we would have had the next day. Everyone that works there is AMAZING. We love all of you and CANNOT wait to come back! I truly felt like I was at home there and cried (yes, cried) when we had to leave. The friendships we made during those 8 days felt like a lifetime of friendships. Eight days in heaven was not enough!

The food: Delicious! From the minute we stepped onto the resort, we were impressed with the food selection. There are 7 different restaurants to eat at on the resort and all offer a different variety of foods! (French food, Italian food, Japanese food, comfort food, seafood…they did it all) Two of the restaurants require a reservation (Cucina Romano and Kimonos) so make sure to get those reservations in right away! Cucina Romano is the Italian restaurant on the resort and we loved the food! We both had a pasta dish and ordered beef skewers to share and we devoured it all! The view was beautiful as well

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Travel
5.0/5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I recently got married at Sandals Negril. As frequent Sandals visitors, we knew that the service at this resort was top notch, but the wedding team went above and beyond all our expectations! We traveled to Negril with 18 family and friends and every person had a phenomenal time, not only at the wedding, but at the resort the entire weekend. The wedding team of Andrea, Giselle and Gawayne were the absolute BEST! They are pros, and do this several times a day, but they made us feel like we were their only customers. The entire process of planning and executing our wedding could not have been easier and more stress free; they took care of everything! Unfortunately, it rained in the afternoon before our evening wedding, but the team seamlessly delayed our ceremony by 15 minutes to let the rain pass and moved our reception in the covered portico without hesitation. Our day/week was absolutely perfect and we highly recommend this venue to anyone considering a destination wedding. The best part (above all the wonderful service) was that the next day we were told that we would get a refund for the lighting and dance floor that had been set up outside but had to be taken in for the rain. We did not expect this at all, as with events you usually pay the set up fee whether you use the service or not. It was truly the best service we have ever experienced. Thank you Sandals Negril!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great honeymoon! We received an "upgraded" room, which was very Exciting. However, I was disappointed in the lack of cleanliness & lack of update to the room. The room was fine it just wasn't nearly what I expected based on pictures. I have read numerous horror stories about air conditioners not working and ours worked perfectly fine throughout our week there! The breakfast wAs fabulous! Both room service & breakfast buffet was delicious! Lunch buffet was bad but all other food was very good!! We LOVED the Sundowner restaurant! it was our favorite! It was so amazing! We loved the employees at Sandals! They were so eager to please and their attitudes couldn't have been better! My husband hates that the local people could walk down the beach and attempt to sell you various things, but it didn't bother me too badly. Also, the transportation to and from the resort is not provided by Sandals, it is contracted by Sandals. Therefore, the driver expects a tip and he makes this expectation very clear. The ride from Montego Bay is 90 minutes. I have read numerous horror stories about the drive but ours wasn't very bad. Overall, we had a great experience. I have to say that the biggest let down was the low quality and low up keep of the rooms. I would recommend Sandals Negril, I just think it is important to say that the rooms are no where near the standard of resort hotels in the US or in Mexico.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
Services Used: Travel
1-88-726-3257
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7