Sam Graham Trio

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Sam and his trio helped make our wedding an event we will remember and cherish with great joy! The band learned two very meaningful songs for us in completely different genres (Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" and Irving Berlin's "Always") and it was so much fun to hear them live at the wedding. The band was great at feeling out the crowd and playing the "right" next song to keep people up and dancing. The band's sound was great and much bigger than we imagined a trio could be. Our wedding guests kept commenting on how great the band was. The band was also very flexible and accommodating including staying later than we had originally asked them too for a very reasonable fee. I highly recommend Sam and his band for your next event!

Services Used: Band

Hiring Sam Graham Trio was probably one of my best decisions for my wedding in Sep 2013. They were absolutely professional, talented musicians who have lots of experience working at wedding ceremonies.

Sam took his personal time on week day nights and weekends to go over my wedding time line with me, and understood my song requests and tailored his performance for my guests. He played Canon in D for the ceremony and "I want to hold your hand" for recessional. It was great. For the rest of the night, it was mostly Beatles and smooth jazz genre. Everyone loved the music and I didn't even have to rush my guest to dance floor!

Before the wedding I was debating between DJ music or live band. I am very glad that I hired Sam's band. Sam's music brings a special vibe to the wedding. The music was enjoyable but not over the top. The songs matched perfectly to the rustic theme of my wedding. Thank you Sam for making my wedding day an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend Sam Graham trio!

Services Used: Band

Sam Graham Trio was spot on--very easy to work with, understanding of their role within the bigger picture of the wedding, and fantastic musicians to boot!

Services Used: Band

My organization hired the Sam Graham Trio to perform at a reception we were planning at one of our facilities. We unfortunately had to cancel the event due to low attendance and did not have the privilege of seeing the trio live, however, we were truly impressed by the high level of customer service they demonstrated throughout the booking and cancellation process. Our phone calls were returned promptly, and when we called to cancel, the group had no problem refunding our payment, with the exception of our deposit. We would certainly consider hiring them for a future event.

Profile Picture
Judy
1 Review
01/06/2013

I had been searching high and low for a quality jazz trio to play our wedding, and was so grateful to have found Sam Graham and his trio. We had an intimate wedding of 60 people in Palm Springs. This was a slightly casual affair, in that we didn't have a bridal party or any kind of formal goings-on for the reception. Sam's lovely voice, and the high quality musicianship gave a classy and witty vibe to the whole affair. The music was in the background when appropriate, and then perfect to dance to when the moment arrived. I can't say enough about how happy I was to have Sam play for our wedding. And, Sam was very professional and easy to make all the arrangements with. I give Sam and his sidemen my highest recommendation!

Profile Picture
david
1 Review
07/07/2012

The Sam Graham Trio (or quartet) are a thoroughly professional jazz band. Sam was very responsive to emails and phone calls. He played the music we wanted, he played a special request that was not on his usual playlist (New Orleans Style wedding march) for us - and it was great. He enlisted the services of a fourth musician when we decided that we absolutely had to have a horn player (a saxophonist who also played flute). We would definitely hire him again, except we only plan to get married once.

BTW, his prices are very reasonable, and IMHO his music is better than most of the LA Jazz Bands that are trying to wow you with their celebrity bonafides.

Services Used: Band

All my guests love the trio!!! They play awesome music and everyone had a super great time. Sam, the lead singer has an incredible voice..... They are truly the best trio in Los Angeles.

Services Used: Band

The Sam Graham Trio did an excellent job at our event. We literally could not say enough positive words about their performance. We received so many compliments about them, and many people in our families are musicians themselves. Everyone was very impressed. During the dinner especially, everyone commented about not only how great they sounded, but how the volume was at an appropriate volume and people did not have to shout to be heard as has happened at many other weddings we've attended. Sam Graham is a very nice and accommodating guy and a very talented musician.

Services Used: Band

My guests loved Sam and his group, we booked him for our cocktail hour. He was such a pleasure to work with from the moment we booked him. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time listening to him and his group. He did wait for me to arrive and pay attention before he played my special song request, "Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes. All of my friends were floored when they started playing that and Nirvana. Several of them came up to me to ask for their card. Thank you Sam Graham Trio!

Services Used: Band

The Sam Graham Trio was absolutely fabulous! We hired them for our wedding to play during the cocktail hour and part of the reception. The guests loved them and several asked for Sam's business card. They were professional, friendly, accommodating and prompt (despite a far drive and rainstorm). Their musical selection was perfect and I would hire them again in heartbeat. Having a live band was such an amazing way to do something different than just having a DJ. Thanks Sam, you're the best!!!

Services Used: Band

I wish I had more room to describe how WONDERFUL Sam Graham Trio were. They played for our wedding reception and they were very professional, VERY prompt [response & attendance], very flexible, offered variety, & just talented musicians. 'Twas a perfect mix of popular jazz songs, sprinkled in with a mix of their own great pieces! Their music was refreshing, not old, and they're quite a pleasant bunch! I think the most positive feedback I got of our whole wedding from all our friends and family alike, were of Sam Graham Trio! [not even an exaggeration]