Salero

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Hands down this is the best decision I could have made when choosing the location of my wedding. The food was absolutely amazing and every one of my guest thought the same. The view of the ocean and atmosphere were stunning as well as elegant, and you cannot beat the location. My wedding was obviously not Dawn (the owners) first rodeo because she had an answer or solution for every question or concern I had. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional, and the DJ was the best I have ever heard or worked with. If you are looking for a venue at the beach look no further because you will NOT find a better price, and certainly not a more beautiful location!
Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For us, Dawn & Salero were a dream come true. I don’t know if words can do justice for everything done to make our wedding a truly magical event. Here are some quotes from people at our wedding: “Best food I have ever had at a wedding.” , “Best wedding I have ever been too.” , “If you didn’t have fun at this wedding, you don’t know how to have fun.” If you want an experience where someone who truly cares about your wedding and makes you feel like the most important people in the world, then Dawn & Salero is your wedding location.
The Salero team is amazing from Chef David’s phenomenal food, the courteous staff taking care of every need, or DJ Mike rocking the dance floor for the entire night.
But what I think makes Salero so special is how Dawn takes your hand and leads you through entire process. Every step of the way, you feel like the only wedding she is working on is your wedding. I can’t stress what a difference this made for us, especially the day of the wedding. The entire time you feel like you have a small guardian angel watching over the process and helping when tough decisions need to be finalized. Our wedding was on a Friday, so when we came to Salero on Thursday it felt like it was OUR location, WE became the center of attention and everything was about OUR wedding.
If you want a wedding where you will be guided through the entire process, the location will be beautiful, the food & service will be amazing, the staff is phenomenal, and you will feel like a prince & princess getting married, then Salero is for you!!
Our wedding was better than we could have ever dreamed or imagined…Dawn, we thank you & your team for that!
Kim & Justin McCabe
Other recommendations:
• Bacon Wrapped Scallops
• Duck Spring Rolls
• Prime rib
• Extend the reception until 1am
• Get married on the beach
Wedding: 07/08/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My now-husband and I wanted to get married at the beach because it was my mom’s favorite place to be. She passed away from complications with leukemia a little over three years ago, and this was a way to keep her with us on our wedding day. The windows in this venue are what set the room apart from any other venue at the beach. Most other hotels in the area have reception halls with minimal if no view of the ocean. The only other venue that comes close is the Golden Sands in Ocean City, MD, and they never responded to my multiple inquiries. We are from Baltimore and did most of our planning from home. Dawn is easy to work with—very prompt and accommodating—and she runs her venue like a true business woman, helping couples with their “once-in-a-lifetime” wedding experience. Still, this is not a venue for those on a tight budget or looking for a very simple beach wedding. The food is very good, and the atmosphere is lovely with views of the beach. If you are looking for a “destination” location that will be feasible for guests to attend and essentially a one-stop shop (virtually everything is included in the price, which makes it easy to plan out of town), this place is probably your best bet. More than one of our guests remarked that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to--in no small part due to Salero.
Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After looking for a wedding venue for an entire year, I choose Salero. The venue and owner Dawn exceeded my expectations, in every detail. Dawn's personality and availability kept us calm so that we could enjoy the day. I forgot some last minute details and Dawn was right there to solve the problems. The food, music, atmosphere, service was fantastic. It has been a year and my friends and family are still telling me that it was the most fun that they had at a wedding. I can't believe myself how great it turned out. Thanks again - Salero, Dawn, and DJ MIke.
Wedding: 06/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Salero is an awesome venue and we are very happy that we chose to have our reception there. The view of the beach and boardwalk from the room are spectacular, and the service and food were wonderful as well.

Dawn was very accommodating and allowed us to go to the reception venue the morning of the wedding to set-up my centerpieces and other decorations, and her staff were wonderful with helping me take all of the stuff down at the end of the night. She kept insisting that I not do anything and to let her staff take care of it all!

The staff at the Salero did an awesome job with setting up the chairs at the ceremony and DJ Mike was a great addition for the ceremony music (and at a much more reasonable cost than hiring live musicians).

The reception was wonderful and everyone we have spoken to has commented on how great everything was and how smoothly everything went. Although Salero may not be the cheapest venue in terms of cost, if you are a bride on a budget, please do not dismiss this venue. My husband and I paid for the wedding ourselves and budget was very important--and we made it work with Salero. When searching for venues, I came across other reception sites that were cheaper; however, when reading the reviews, they were not consistent, and I wasn't willing to take that gamble. I was so impressed that every review that I read about the Salero was positive--and that meant something to me. It meant that I was going to get what I paid for and what I expected, and Salero delivered.

DJ Mike did a great job with keeping people on the dance floor and encouraging others to join in the fun. He wasn't afraid to get on the dance floor himself and everyone really enjoyed his music selection.

Salero will always be a special place for my husband and I and I'm so happy to have it be a part of our memories.
Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW! What an amazing place and wonderful people to work with. Dawn is so accommodating and is truly into fine details. She is of the highest calibur and has integrity. She works extremely hard to insure everything goes smoothly. The food is wonderful and the presentation couldn't be better. As a mother of the bride, I can honestly say, I had a great time as I did not have to worry about a thing. It is quite obvious that Dawn and her husband really enjoy their work as it is not only done well but with a smile. Don't think there is a better venue out there for a beach wedding!

Dian Arthurs
Wedding: 06/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our reception at Salero could not have been any better! Many of my guests are emailing and calling me to tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Salero's food was absolutely amazing. The staff was professional, helpful and organized. The atmosphere created by the amazing view and well decorated space is sure to put anyone in a partying mood! Salero also included their house DJ in their reception packages, this was a huge value to us on our budget, plus Mike, the DJ, has a wonderful sense of what to play to get your guests out on the dance floor and enjoying themselves.

Leading up to the wedding I was able to get my questions answered by Salero quickly and they were very helpful with all the details and even gave me suggestions.

I would highly recommend Salero to anyone who is considering doing a beach wedding or event in Rehoboth. We could not have been more pleased!
Wedding: 06/03/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dawn did a great job! The food tasting was a little odd consider we were not given any of the food we selected for our reception to taste, but the food at our wedding was wonderful anyway. It was a great time and I would definitely recommend having your wedding/reception at the Salero. Everything came together perfectly! Once the reception began, everything was coordinated properly and I did not need to worry about keeping the time or wondering when/if the next scheduled event would take place. Dawn was on top of things and made sure my groom and I were where we needed to be at the right time. Thanks Dawn and everyone else at the Salero!
Wedding: 05/29/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Salero was an absolutely beautiful venue. The food was great and the view from the venue was spectacular.

The only negative thing I have to say is that Dawn, the owner, approached me during the wedding reception and said my vendors had no meals. As a first time bride, I didn't know I was supposed to include this in my guest count. I was never told that by Salero or anyone else. I thought this was automatically taken care of since most venue's order 3% more of your total guest count in that case. I felt it was unprofessional to approach me during the reception as i was trying to have a good time and it made me upset. She also decided to tell me the price that it would cost instead of talking with my maid of honor. In the end, I ended up paying more than I should have for my vendors because I did have a guest who couldn't come and Dawn was aware of that. I was supposed to have that meal boxed up for my husband and I, but it was not credited to the vendors and I never saw it.
Another thing to beware of is my package only came with 4 hours of open bar and the reception was 5 hours long. I had to pay for an extra hour, which I thought was unnecessary.
I will say that Dawn was great during the reception as far as making sure your drink was full and that your guests were having a good time. I do recommend Salero as a place to have your reception.
Wedding: 05/27/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough great things about Salero and their staff! They made my wedding day even more memorable than I could have imagined. They were very attentive to our needs and never hestitated to go the extra mile to please us. Dawn is AWESOME and I would highly recommend this venue for your dream wedding. The food was great and our guests are still talking about it! Thank you so much for everything! Katie & Jason Mitchell
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have not one service provided by the Salero that was not literally above and beyond. I am OCD and always worried about others. Somehow Dawn took that worry away without even trying as she simply did what she feels is great customer service. Which in real life is beyond superior customer service! She personally handled every little thing from start to finish, kept a drink in my hand and kept my guests so happy I didn't worry about a thing but enjoying my special day! By the end of the event I made a friend and found a place that will host all my life's events in the future! Not only was the Salero a beautiful space with beyond amazing food, the service is like nothing I have ever experienced. Dawn and team Salero become your family by the end!
Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married October 9, 2010 on the beach front outside of the Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, DE. The Delaware beaches have always been a special place for both Josh and I, so when we found Salero, it was like a dream come true! The location, the view, the great venue, the owners & staff, the food - all exceeded my expectations! I could not be more pleased!!!
For the year and a half that we planned our wedding, Dawn Horton, the owner of Salero was amazing to work with, promptly answering all of my questions (of which there were MANY) and allowing us to come and look at the venue time and time again to take measurements, sort out our decorating details and see what various weddings looked like set up in their venue. Dawn was ALWAYS accommodating, and made us feel welcome whenever we stopped in to do our planning. Upon doing our food tasting there, we absolutely knew we had made the perfect choice - everything was amazingly delicious! People are still raving over the food at our reception. Dawn and her husband (the culinary genius behind Salero) and their staff treated everyone like family and made sure that our day went off without a hitch. We even rented our chairs from Salero for the ceremony, which was a great savings as well as a huge load off of our minds since they did all of the set up and break down!
I did not have an official wedding planner and because much of my wedding was DIY, we had an enormous amount of decorations to set up. The day before our wedding there was another wedding at Salero but we were allowed to come in after the reception was over and start decorating that Friday night. Dawn and her staff, once again, were extremely organized and got the tables set up right away for our event so we could finish the tables with my centerpieces, candles, etc. We were allowed to stay that night until we completed our setup so that I did not have to worry about any set up the morning of my wedding. There was never any pressure to hurry and get out of there - I knew that I could have the time I needed to set up the venue exactly as I had envisioned. And it turned out absolutely beautifully!
I also took Dawn's advice and went with her recommended vendors for DJ, photographer and cake, which was a huge help, as my husband and I are not from the area. Again, I was not disappointed! Salero's in house DJ, Mike Harrell worked closely with me to make sure my music selection wishes were met. He is a true professional and my guests loved him! He rocked the house and got everyone on the dance floor! Sam Ellis, our photographer captured every detail of the day and even persuaded Dawn to let us take sunset roof shots which are amazing! Daria Horn from Sweet Art made our wedding cake, and just as Dawn told me the day I met her, our wedding cake was to die for! I can't wait until our one year anniversary to eat the top tier!
What can I say about Salero other than if you are considering having a beach wedding, you owe it to yourself to go to Salero and book your date right away! Our guests have raved that our wedding was the best they ever attended and perhaps I am a wee bit biased, but I'd have to agree. The beauty of the beach coupled with a festive venue with a wonderful owner and staff made me one happy bride! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Dawn & Salero for helping make October 9, 2010 a day to remember!
Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dawn made me (mother of bride) a star! She made the bride say "This is the happiest day of my life." She made the guests say that it was the best, most perfect wedding they ever attended. And the view is spectacular!!
Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing. My experience with the Salero, and specifically Dawn Horton, could not have been more perfect.
During the planning stages before the wedding, Dawn was very quick to respond to any detailed questions I had for her. Communicating primarily via email, Dawn was able to offer quick, concise answers to a variety of questions ranging from menu to table set-up. Certain weekends she was hosting three receptions and still had time to respond to my concerns.
The menu options for the reception were also top-notch. Whether you prefer seafood, beef, or vegetarian, there are choices for everyone. The price is the most reasonable I have seen of any reception venue I visited. Dawn was very accommodating and her husband, the chef, created some of the most delicious meals I have experienced.
On the day of the reception, Dawn and the rest of the staff of the Salero were organized and professional, yet laid back and inviting. The wait staff was courteous, well-poised, professionally-dressed and friendly. Dawn was able to simultaneously coordinate dinner, advise me of what to do next, and get the party started on the dance floor. She was so fun to be around and made an effort to have fun with the bridal party and guests.
I would recommend the Salero to anyone considering a wedding in Rehoboth Beach. It was the most wonderful experience of my life and I will cherish my memories there for years to come.
Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I don't even know where to start!!! My husband and I got married on the beach in front of Salero (chairs rented from Dawn) on Sept. 24th and then had our reception at Salero. Sam and I feel like Dawn is part of our family!!!!
The entire process from start to finish was enjoyable, laid back, professional, amazing and more than I could ask for!!
From the moment we walked through the door Dawn and her servers were by our side making sure that Sam and myself were fed, having fun, enjoying our guests and just enjoying the night!!!! The food was EXCELLENT (all of my guests have commented), and the venue was beautiful!!! My husband loves to sail and felt like he was on a boat on the water. The view is spectacular!!!
We can't say or write enough things to express how happy we were with our experience. Thank you Dawn!!! We will be back to celebrate an anniversary in the future!!!!! :) Love, Wendy and Sam Septembre
Wedding: 09/24/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter recently had her wedding as well as her reception at Salero On The Beach. Dawn and her husband handled everything in a totally professional and yet very personal manner. It was obvious that they had done many other weddings and had the details down to a fine science so that nothing was left to chance. The TLC that Dawn gave to us as we walked through the days leading up to the ceremony as well as on the wedding day itself made it even more special. She had all bases covered and was a calming influence. She was such a blessing to us! The food was absolutely delicious! From the appetizers to the main meal, it was all wonderful. The DJ that is included in the wedding packages also did an amazing job.
We could not have asked for a more perfect venue to celebrate the marriage of Ryan and Allison. Thank you Salero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 09/17/2010
 302-227-8630
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire