Salero

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I think it's quite telling about the quality of this venue when there's basically not one negative review associated with it! My husband and I picked Salero for a few reasons... one being that the view was breathtaking and after seeing it for the first time, you really can't imagine NOT having your reception there. Another key reason was Dawn herself. We liked her immediately, she was so laidback and really seemed to know her stuff! You can tell the personal relationships she has with her brides just by the fact they all give Salero 5 stars! Ours was a pretty big wedding and wedding party but Dawn was very accomodating and never made me feel silly for asking so many questions. DJ Mike was fabulous and really just catered to everything we needed when it came to our music (for the ceremony and the reception.) Hands-down, probably the best pick for a wedding venue in the area!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been more happy with my experience with Dawn and Salero. Dawn was responsive whenever I had questions and made the planning process simple and stress free. Dawn's day of management of the reception was flawless. I loved that the DJ was included with the package, and was thrilled with his performance as well. The food and bar were both wonderful and many of my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having had our ceremony and reception at Salero makes us want to do it again and again! The evening was amazing, from professional staff to great food and one of the kind DJ. The place is beautiful and so well managed by owners Dave and Dawn Horton. We will always be thankful to for an unforgettable evening! To all future brides and grooms - you are in good hands!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot describe how perfect our wedding was at Salero but will try! From our first viewing of the venue which is on the 8th floor of the Henelopen hotel with spectacular views of the ocean and Rehoboth beach, we knew it was the ideal location for our wedding at the beach. The decor is beautiful with its spacious dining & bar areas and huge dance floor. By using the booking function on their website, we were able to choose through a tempting selection of food and other wedding options. We chose the buffet style dinner so our guests could sample a number of foods and it worked out perfectly. Everything was so well presented; the servers were superb and professional, not to mention the food was so delicious - we and our guests were left raving about the food. The venue was so nice we decided to have our ceremony there as well on the dancefloor with about 30 guests seated and the 30 guests standing around the area. It was a short ceremony so this set up was perfect for such a short and intimate ceremony. We didn't have any flower arrangements, we didn't need to as the venue is decorated so beautifully. Dawn, the owner, was an absolute pleasure to deal with. We can't thank her enough for extra touches like the table centrepieces she let us use, helping us decide on best seating arrangements and the layout for the ceremony. She was instrumental in ensuring our day ran smoothly from start to finish, helping us keep to schedule, everything ran like clockwork. It was like having our own wedding co-ordinator on the day. My biggest worry was the music having been at weddings where music is dire but we need not have feared as Mike the DJ was amazing. He worked with us on the type of music we wanted, advised us on music and also adapted on the night to make it so much fun and such a success. Everyone had a ball! (Also at the last minute we decided to have my nephew play the saxaphone for our first dance and again during the night, Mike helped with the backing music and make it work into the set) All in all we weren't sure about having our wedding at the restaurant venue but we were left feeling like a king and queen at a lavish banquet. We were just so impressed with the professionalism of it all and can honestly say it exceeded our expectations in every way!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

My husband and I planned our wedding while living in NY (5 hours away). Dawn and Dave did everything in their power to alleviate the stresses of organizing a destination wedding. Salero's staff demonstrated professionalism through every aspect of the ceremony and reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about Salero. Everything Dawn and the staff did was perfect and more than I expected. After reading reviews myself when planning our wedding, I knew we would be in good hands by choosing Salero - but like I said, it was better than expected! Most importantly, everyone had an AMAZING time and I cannot even begin to count the amount of comments we received from guests on the overall venue, FOOD and execution of the entire wedding. Dawn's calming persona just tops it all off by putting you at ease during the planning process. You can guarantee that she's got you covered and will answer any question and do whatever she can to make your day perfect! We wanted our wedding to be a party with people on the dance floor as quick as possible. Dawn provided great suggestions to make this happen and executed everything in a way that we still got the traditional things done (parent dances, cake cutting, etc) but had a TON of time to dance the night away. I cannot thank Dawn and the staff at Salero enough for all of their hard work and professionalism and for making our wedding day better than we could have dreamed!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Upon our first visit to Salero and meeting with Dawn, we fell in love with the incredible view and set up of the venue. Dawn was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, being patient when we would contact her with a zillion and one questions and always going above and beyond to help make things happen! On the wedding day Dawn took care of everything making things stress free for us and allowing us to completely enjoy every aspect of our day. We would highly recommend Salero not only for the room, view and Dawn, but also for the incredible food and of course DJ Mike. We continue to hear how great Salero was and how great of a time all of our guests had. We cannot thank Dawn enough for such a wonderful wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I first met Dawn a year ago and we instantly liked her! She welcomed us with love and kindness and helped us along the way, any way she could. Dawn is a genuine person who has such a big heart and she is amazing at what she does. We could tell that she loves what she does and she does it with such joy that she put us at ease during our wedding planning. Words cannot express our gratitude for Dawn. She went above and beyond to make our experience special. Although Salero is a gorgeous venue, more than that, we would return to Salero for future events because of Dawn. Our experience was so wonderful because Dawn really cared about us and made sure that everything went smoothly. All of our guests told us they had so much fun and how much they absolutely LOVED the food!!! They all danced all night long to the great music that DJ Mike played. He was awesome! We highly recommend Salero!!! Dawn and staff - we thank you with all of our hearts for blessing us with an unbelievable experience. May God bless you always. Love, Kay and Daniel :-)

PS - Next time we're in Rehoboth we'll stop by!! Miss you already!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dawn was EXCELLENT! She was always quick to get back to me with questions and was always available to meet when i was in town. We had a storm come through the day of and Dawn was there to help make everything perfect and did everything to make our day PERFECT.

THE FOOD IS AMAZING AND THE BEST. My wedding was 8 months ago and I still have people telling me the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. You cant go wrong with anything on their menu:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were looking for a place we could have a beach ceremony and a close by reception with an amazing view and came across Salero online. Thinking it was too good to be true we had to see it in person. We drove 7 hours from Ohio to Rehoboth just to meet with Dawn. It sure was worth it.
First - let me say that pictures do not do it justice. Salero it's self is breathtaking. It has an amazing view and it's classy with out being stuffy. Then there is Dawn the owner. She is absolutely amazing. From out first meeting with her I just knew we would be in good hands.
Being out of town I had no idea who to use for any of my vendors - she was quick to give recommendations and answered any questions I had. She treated us like family from the moment we met even though she barely knew us. She is so enthusiastic and passionate about what she does I had not a single doubt that my wedding would be flawless.
The actual wedding day was better then I ever expected. She had a wedding the night before but her staff quickly cleaned up and she stayed late (after midnight) let me and my bridal party come and set up so it was one less thing I had to do the next morning. The beach set up was beautiful - we used their white flags in the background, she brought out a table for the sand ceremony and their house DJ Mike Harrell brought out his equipment so our guests could hear our vows.
After the ceremony she had a plate of appetizers set up in a back room for us to make sure we had a bite to eat. It doesn't sound like much - but it was so nice to have a few minutes of down time in the crazy day. She personally ensured that the entire time we had a drink in our hand and we were happy. If there were any issues - we didn't know about it. She rolled with any last minute changes and did whatever made us happy.
Another example of how she really takes care of her guests - We had a Dean Martin impersonator also - a surprise for the groom... she helped me figure out a schedule for him to come out and when we decided he should sing during dinner she arranged for a plate of appetizers to be sent to his room as well.
The food was absolutely phenomenal - guests are still talking about it. The bar service was outstanding too....not only was the selection huge but the bartender remembered everyones drink and that really impressed our guests. Mike - Salero's house DJ was awesome. He kept our guests up and moving all night.
We brought all of our guests to Rehoboth Beach just because of Salero - it was the best decision we could have made. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how awesome Salero was. We feel so lucky to have found Dawn and Salero. It was fabulous, stress free and we had a blast the entire night.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words can't begin to describe how happy my husband and i were with our recent wedding reception at Salero. The food was incredible, the staff was excellent, and the view is just breathtaking. All guests had nothing but positive things to say. The only thing better than the reception venue was dealing with Dawn. We truly felt like a friend of hers rather than a client. She was so kind and welcoming from the moment we met. Very easy to communicate with which was excellent for us since we live out of state. If you have a chance DEFINITELY have your special event here.....you won't be disappointed!

As a side note we went with DJ Mike which was part of the reception package-- AWESOME! ! Our guests filled the dance floor and didn't want to leave. The mix of music between old and new was perfect. Everyone had a blast. Again, very easy to communicate with and extremely friendly!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

The Salero is an amazing place to have your wedding reception! Dawn does a fantastic job of making your day extra special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

Everything went so smoothly. The food was delicious, & we're still getting feedback by guests who absolutely loved Salero & had a blast! Mike the DJ, also was excellent! Everyone was dancing!

Thank you so much Dawn & David!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From start to finish, Dawn and each member of her staff bent over backwards to meet our needs. The venue has an amazing view, but the hospitality and effectiveness of each and every detail meant the most to Annette and I.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the easiest decision to make in all of the wedding planning. Dawn is absolutely the best and will make everything perfect for you. We planned our wedding from out of state and she made many of the stresses completely go away. Our guests are still saying the food was some of the best they've ever had and that they had a blast. Mike, the DJ, was the best DJ I've ever heard as well! He listens to what you want and gives great suggestions. Everyone at Salero was so easy to work with and I can't stress enough how great Dawn is. If you want a beach wedding in Rehoboth, look no further!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down this is the best decision I could have made when choosing the location of my wedding. The food was absolutely amazing and every one of my guest thought the same. The view of the ocean and atmosphere were stunning as well as elegant, and you cannot beat the location. My wedding was obviously not Dawn (the owners) first rodeo because she had an answer or solution for every question or concern I had. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional, and the DJ was the best I have ever heard or worked with. If you are looking for a venue at the beach look no further because you will NOT find a better price, and certainly not a more beautiful location!