Rustic Oaks

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Great venue. Great staff. Beautiful setting.

Where do I start?!
The venue: so beautiful! The property is huge with endless options of what is happening where! There is so much natural beauty, the need for personal decorations is very minimum. There are so many great areas for pictures.
The staff: phenomenal! Emily is always so cheerful with the biggest smile! Very prompt with returning calls and emails. Anne and Dave are great, they act as if their home is your home! The rest of the staff were all great!

I can not say enough great things about Rustic Oaks! If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rustic Oaks is so incredibly great at everything they do. They provide a stunning venue for weddings and other events. We rented the venue for the whole weekend. This allowed us to have our Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Reception, and Gift opening for the day after the wedding. They also have an option to rent out two HUGE farm houses for housing guests. This was fabulous for us because almost all of our wedding party was from out of state. This way our bridesmaids and groomsmen did not have the added expense of a hotel, and we didn't worry about anyone being late for pictures! This was also great because they didn't have to worry about driving after the reception. For the rest of the wedding guests, Rustic Oaks did provide a list of taxi and shuttle services that would bring them back into town.
The customer service at this venue is phenomenal. They are so quick to get back to an email or phone call. I never stressed out about any aspect of the venue during my planning process. They really make you feel like family. I would highly recommend Rustic Oaks to any bride wanting a beautiful rustic wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

Everything was great for our wedding! The only thing that bothered me from day one was the Facebook page. Everyday I see updates of people who booked wedding dates and well wishes for the couples wedding day.. Everyone except us it seems. I was sad nothing was even mentioned of our special day! Not that Facebook is a big deal but I felt excluded and not as special as the other couples. If your are going to do it for some, you should do it for all.

Rustic Oaks responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the excellent rating; we are honored you chose to celebrate at Rustic Oaks and are so happy to see you had an awesome experience! We truly adore all of our couples and want each and every one of them to feel as special, important, and loved as the next!

Our sincerest apologies that you felt overlooked on Facebook. We take pride in our social media and always make either a Facebook or Instagram post to celebrate each bride and groom on their big day. Our Instagram account is linked directly to our Facebook page, so definitely take a peek at the photos!

We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service and experience at Rustic Oaks, so again, we greatly appreciate your review and rating!

Laura
06/16/2014

This is the best venue for weddings in the Fargo/Moorhead area. Rustic Oaks was so easy to work with and thought about all the details that I would have overlooked. The Wedding Weekend package was perfect for what my husband and I dreamed our wedding to be, family and friends surrounding us to celebrate. We rented out both the houses and had a party for 2 days. The staff out at Rustic Oaks was always there if we needed them but not over bearing on our event. David and Ann dream for Rustic Oaks made our wedding a dream come true. Thank you to Rustic Oaks, Emily, David, Ann and Neil for the amazing party!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The family at Rustic Oaks was amazing! It was a beautiful venue inside and out and the perfect place to have out wedding reception. Anne, Dave, Emily and Neil were so helpful and helped to make our wedding day very special and go perfectly.

1+ year ago

We honestly cannot say enough about this venue and the wonderful people who run it. The venue itself is beautiful and charming. We had SO many compliments at our wedding. Our guests enjoyed the unique, beautiful, and relaxed atmosphere as much as we did! To be honest, I had never imagined my wedding a venue such as Rustic Oaks. I'm more of "traditional" church type girl...but after meeting with the owners and Emily and seeing how beautiful the venue was, it was no question this was meant to be the place where we would say our "I Do's!"

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were wonderful in every way! Great service, great venue, and amazing people to work with. They made our day very special and stress free!

Brian
08/08/2013

Beautiful venue, great staff. Wish that certain thing would have been provided with the cost or at least not so expensive a la carte. But overall they were awesome. Great place to have an outdoor wedding !

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

With the thought of eloping in the backs of our minds while venue hunting we came across Rustic Oaks. From that moment on that thought never crossed our minds again. From the tranquility of the natural surroundings of Rustic Oaks, to the most amazing staff you could ask for, we had found our ideal venue.

From late night emails to Emily with questions about random things, I was always pleasantly surprised to see how quickly she responded with just the right information (sometimes within the hour, she's that good!), to feeling like family members were in charge of our wedding venue because of Dave and Anne's kind hearts, warm hospitality, and easy going personalities. We could not have asked for more.

Overall our experience was more than perfect. Our day went just as we had pictured, if not beyond that. The birds chirping, river flowing in the background, and blue skies as far as one can see helped make our special day relaxing and amazing!

Thank you Rustic Oaks for everything! Words cannot express our gratitude!

1+ year ago

Rustic Oaks is a truly authentic, one-of-a-kind and beautiful venue. The natural landscape is stunning, and we were so glad that the space allows for a reliable Plan B in case of bad weather. Also, the flexibility regarding vendors meant that we could customize our Rustic Oaks wedding to make it our own.

One of the best things about Rustic Oaks is that the owners and manager are absolutely wonderful to work with. No detail is too small and no question is too random - they are consistently on-the-ball and attentive. From our first venue tour to the last song at our wedding reception, they were always committed to making our wedding perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying a limit of 200 characters is not enough to tell you about how wonderful Rustic Oaks is! From our initial point of contact through after our wedding, we have been so impressed by the attention to detail, willingness to help, and sincere nature that Lars and Anne (owners) and Emily (coordinator) exhibit. They truly want to go above and beyond to make your day as perfect as possible. Their passion for doing this shines through the minute you step onto the grounds. The lawn is beautiful manicured with flowers and greens and they are continuously improving, not that they needed to because it was fabulous to begin with. Not only do they offer a beautiful location, but they open their gorgeous home to you to use to get ready the day of the wedding, and it’s also available to rent to stay overnight. Lars, Anne, Emily, and all of the other staff treated us like family instead of like customers. A major flood was scheduled to crest right around the time of our wedding! We knew the Red River ran right behind the property and we began to panic, thinking that we’d have to somehow find another wedding venue. Little did we know they had already coordinated with a local theater to be “plan B” and arranged to take us on a tour! They also designed postcards and had them printed and stamped to alert our guests of a possible change of plans. We were able to have our special day at their extra special venue and the ground was dry – hooray! We are so thankful that we found the most beautiful wedding venue with the most wonderful owners and employees! They truly put their hearts into their work and it’s vividly reflected in everything that they do.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment I drove out to Rustic Oaks, I knew with everything in me, that this was the place I wanted to marry my best friend. All I have heard since our wedding was how beautiful and perfect everything was. It was better than anything I could have imagined. It was truely the best day of our lives and we are so happy we were able to share it with our friends and family. Dave, Anne, and Emily were a blessing! :-) Thank you Rustic Oaks for making our dream wedding come true! Love you all!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rustic Oaks is a beautiful and unique venue for your wedding day. The staff was so very helpful and wonderful. Your guests will love this amazing spot. You and your loved ones will have a joyous wedding day here.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING!! We had our wedding back in August 2012 and it was everything we dreamed of. I had booked Rustic Oaks without looking at. I knew after looking at the website and seeing the gorgeous pictures and buildings we had to have our wedding there. We were so welcomed by Anne, Dave, and Emily when we went out to visit. Anne and Dave are generous people, allowing couples and their families to enjoy their amazing house and farm. We loved that they stayed at the venue in the back just in case we needed them. It was raining and storming on the night of our rehearsal, but we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Anne and Dave made sure to keep track of the weather to keep us and our guest safe and dry. I was stressed that night worried if it would rain the next day on our wedding. Anne came up to me and explained rain or shine the wedding will be amazing. The day of our wedding came and was gorgeous. Everything was PERFECT. There was nothing to stress about because everything had already been done by Anne, Dave, Emily, and Alicia Weigel. Thank you for making our special day the best memory of our life!! The Walz

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had everything at Rustic Oaks, rehearsal, grooms dinner, ceremony, reception and gift opening! We loved the atmosphere and the staff! They were so helpful and understanding with everything that we did and with anything that came up. We got so many compliments from our guests about the venue! We couldn't have found anywhere else that was more perfect for Our day!