ROUGE FINE CATERING
11110 Pepper Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031  | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French...
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium...
Maximum capacity: 5000

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Teresa 1 Reviews
I cannot express how thrilled I am with my experience with Rouge Catering. Anna, my event manager made the entire process painless and enjoyable. She responded to all my requests and concerns in a timely matter. The reception at my home had some challenges that the entire staff handled efficiently and creatively. And the food . . . well it was simply to die for. I am still getting comments from friends and family about how wonderful the food tasted and and beautifully presented it was. Their "grab and go" stations made the buffet lines run quickly and smoothly, so guests could quickly get back to their tables and enjoy their dinner.
I recommend taking a trip out to Baltimore to see their facility and sample their goodies. As a "foodie" I highly recommend Rouge.
Wedding: 07/19/2014

Erin 2 Reviews
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rouge Catering and Heather who helped make sure every detail from the food to the set up was perfect. I was planning my wedding from out of state which made for meetings and details to be hashed out mainly over email and a few visits. Heather, from the start, was nothing but accommodating, prompt and beyond helpful. After attending several tasting with other caterers it was clear that Rouge rose far above the rest, not just in their amazing food but how they made me feel at ease. They assured me that I would have nothing to worry about, they would take care of everything, and they did. Heather not only made sure my food was perfect but the service was fabulous. Since my wedding was at the Baltimore Museum of Industry they only had 3 hours to transform the space from a museum to wedding venue. She took care of everything including setting up my centerpieces and tables for gifts, guestbooks and decorating them with things I had given her. I walked into the venue and was blown away. She took care of everything including packing my husband and I leftover cupcakes to take back to the hotel since we were so busy we did not get a chance to eat any cake. I would recommend Rouge to anyone, Their food is fabulous and they are wonderful to work with, hiring them you will not have to worry, your event will be wonderful and every detail will be perfect.
Wedding: 06/20/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rouge catering did an amazing job with our cocktail and reception food. Celeste, MJ, and other staff worked hard on making our day perfect. They were very tentative and professional. Celeste and MJ were responsive to emails and calls. They worked amazing together with helping me plan my wedding. They were not just the caterers they were my wedding planners :) I respect and appreciate everything they did for me and my guests. My guests had such great things to say about the food and loved the hors d'oeuvres. THANK YOU all sooo much for making our wedding day amazing!!!
Wedding: 05/31/2014

Sarah 4 Reviews
The food was a really important piece of our wedding--both my husband and I (and are families) really believe in "Eat, Drink, & Be Merry", so we spent a lot of time researching and talking to various caterers in our area. Rouge was the first tasting we had and the bar was set so high -- everything from the service, to the food, to the impeccably-kept kitchens and storage facilities -- everything about Rouge screamed professional. Initially, we had a bit of sticker shock when looking for catering--none of us had any experience with an event this size (~150 people), so we were a bit surprised with the quoted cost. However, after having tastings at two other facilities, we just could not get over the quality and professionalism that Rouge offered for the quoted price. It was a no brainer.

Anna was awesome, from start to finish, fielding my random emails and basically making everything happen exactly as we wanted! She was an awesome liaison between me and the venue; and the venue owner kept saying how excited he was to be working with Rouge because they are so good at what they do. On the day of the wedding, guests were fed amazing food and really enjoyed themselves. I cannot say enough great things about Anna and everyone at Rouge who helped contribute to a really wonderful day. Highly recommend!!
Wedding: 05/03/2014

Kristen 1 Reviews
Rouge was really good to us. We had a very diverse wedding menu to reflect our international heritages and travel. We suggested menu changes and they applied them right away and they also gave us their recipes or recipe suggestions if we wanted to try making things at home. One of our meals was a pierogi meal and the dough was SO fresh you could taste the difference straight away. The presentation for the food was beautiful as well. So clean and orderly. We did not have a single complaint about the food from any of our guests. My husband and I were also very fortunate as they prepared plates for us that had all 3 meals on them so we were able to taste everything. They even prepared extra mashed potatoes for him. I'm not a big fan of mashed potatoes, but their mashed potatoes were game changers for me- incredibly delicious. When we sat down, our event manager came over with a plate of hors d'oerves they had saved for us as well, so we pretty much got to eat EVERYTHING. Also, they prepared a box for us to take home of two complete chicken meals (our most popular meal on the night). The staff was incredibly friendly as well, we can't say enough good things about them. MJ was always responsive to emails and very very helpful to us in planning the wedding. To us, they went above and beyond what we would have expected and carried themselves very professionally at all times. By the middle of our wedding, I almost felt like their staff should have been in our wedding party that's how great they were. We seriously cannot say enough good things about them.
Wedding: 04/11/2014

annabelle 2 Reviews
ROUGE was amazing from start to finish! We looked at about 5-6 caterers for our 3/29/14 wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, Rouge was our last "tasting" and we definitely saved the best for last! It was the easiest decision we made. Not only was the food AMAZING at the tasting AND the wedding, but we could not have asked for more wonderul people to work with, MJ and Celeste were an absolute pleasure. I'll be the first to admit, we had all kinds of requests with an oyster bar, special beer, cookie tables, etc. and they did it all, and they did it perfectly! Our guests are still talking about the awesome food, the amazing presentation and set up of our tables, the service. Everything was wonderfult, I really can't thank Rouge enough for making our day perfect! If you are looking for a wedding caterer with great service, amazing staff, the BEST food (so many guests told us we that we had the most delicious wedding food of all time), responsive team members, Rouge is it! I'll miss getting to talk to them each week, but will forever be thankful for they work they did on our big day.

Annabelle & Scott
Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I started planning my wedding, the one thing I knew I wanted was Rouge. I went to a friend's wedding the year before who used them, and the food was delicious! They had me at the mac and cheese bar. And once I started working with Rouge, and Emily in particular, I knew I made the right choice. She was so knowledgeable and helped us pick a wonderful menu while giving us an awesome price. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious our food was! My brother got engaged a few months later, and they immediately set up a meeting to book Rouge for their upcoming wedding. Also, Rouge is definitely more than a caterer as they helped with setting up, breaking down, answering questions, making suggestions, helping with decorating, etc. I really just can't say enough wonderful things about working with them.
Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rouge Fine Catering was spectacular! The food and serve were amazing.
Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rouge Fine Catering far exceeded our expectations! Prior to signing with our wedding planner Elle Ellinghaus, we tried reaching out to caterers for our wedding. We were a bit discouraged because most caterers were treating us poorly because we were planning on 30 guests. Once we signed with our wedding planner she got to work. She reached out to some of the caterers she knew would offer the quality service we deserved. Heather from Rouge Fine Catering was amazing. Heather provided us the simple choices we wanted, that we could understand and that we actually liked! She was so patient with us through the process. We trusted everything to our wedding planner, she made it so simple for us to just list what we wanted and we didn't have to hold a series of meetings and tastings to get it done. Heather understood that we didn't see the need to be involved in every little detail and she worked seamlessly with our wedding planner. The day of the wedding was our first time meeting Heather, she was so kind. She checked on us every so often while we waited for the wedding to get started to see if we needed anything or if we were hungry. She kept me hydrated! You could tell she genuinely was passionate about her job and actually enjoyed it. The staff was professional and the level of service provided by each of them was most likely the best service we have ever received during a meal. One of the servers even helped a guest who got her heel stuck in a vent! The bartender was amazing; all of our guests were served quickly and pleasantly. Our meal was absolutely delicious; we dined on crab cakes and filet that was cooked perfectly. We finished off the night with delicious mini pies and s'mores. Our guests were full and satisfied. They are still talking about the phenomenal food and service.

We are honored to have had Rouge Fine Catering provide such exceptional service and delicious food!

Abby & Mike
Wedding: 12/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The moment we met with Celeste we knew we had found a good thing. Our initial meeting and tasting with her lasted so long because we found like we had reconnected with a friend. Then we met other staff and even spent time talking with the chef about the menu. Rouge was supportive, flexible, and there for us from beginning to end. On our wedding day, Celeste was there for part of the time but we were in the capable hands of Molly who coordinated and assisted us well.

As for the food, our guests could not stop raving about everything from the pumpkin soup to the meal and then the root beer float shots for dessert.

Thank you Rouge for making our day so special.
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The most amazing food! I'm still getting rave reviews! They were great from start to finish... we had an American and Indian fusion menu and Rouge was really willing to work with us to make it perfect. My new husband's family from Indian all talked about how authentic it was.
Wedding: 11/23/2013

Private User 4 Reviews
Rouge catered our wedding last weekend. They were absolutely amazing to work with. I truly cannot say enough positive things about them. From the very first phone call until the very last moment of the reception, their service was impeccable. Their responsiveness and professionalism won us over from day one. We primarily worked with Heather Russell and she was fabulous - so professional, on top of every detail and kind as can be. Molly was also amazing and wonderful to work with. We also had the pleasure of meeting Owner and Executive Chef Jonathon at our tasting and he even made an appearance at our wedding. The food was so excellent that several people asked for him to come out to meet them. Multiple people raved about the food being the best they've ever had at a wedding. We couldn't agree more. We felt the same way at our tasting! Every single bite was amazing! I can't wait to have another event so Rouge can cater it!
Wedding: Recently Married

Monica 8 Reviews
Coming from NYC where great food can be found on any corner, finding a good caterer was a top priority. Rouge exceeded expectations. Our wedding was 5 months ago, and our guests still talk about how great the food was. They all say it was the BEST food they’ve ever had at a wedding!

We loved working with Anna. She gave us great options within our budget, was flexible when we wanted to modify things, and was always easy to communicate with.

The food satisfied our diverse guest list of carnivores and vegetarians. They are also a nut-free facility, which was perfect for my nut-allergic niece. During the cocktail hour, trays of crab cakes would literally disappear within a minute of coming out. During the reception, kids meals were served promptly. A plate of every dish was brought to my husband and me; we always had food or a drink in front of us.

Service was great, and the staff was so friendly and professional. Considering that the catering was the largest part of our budget, we had full confidence in Rouge during the planning process and never once worried about their abilities. Chef Jonathan and his staff are at the top of their field and know exactly what they’re doing. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One word summarizes our experience with Rouge -- PERFECT! From the moment we walked in for our tasting to our actual wedding day, the staff and food at Rouge were better than we could've ever asked for! We mostly communicated with MJ, who was a total dream to work with -- she was very knowledgeable, flexible, professional, and was quick to respond to any questions or requests we had. Also, THE FOOD... oh, the food... I can't say enough about the food!!!!! Our guests are still talking about how it was THE BEST FOOD THEY'VE EVER HAD AT A WEDDING!! We knew from the very first bite that Rouge was going to be special and they did not disappoint. The quality of the food at the wedding was just as high as it was at the tasting. The team that worked our event were also perfect and extremely professional. It was clear that they all took pride in their work. At the reception, MJ and all of the other staff were immediately responsive if we had any questions. If we needed something, like last-minute changes to our tables or handling presents from guests, she took care of it all right away. Rouge also did an awesome job of working within the constraints of our budget while finding creative ways to incorporate all of our request and small details. They never oversold us or tried to give us what we didn't want and we felt that their prices were totally fair, especially for the super high quality product we received. We were totally impressed by Rouge in every way and we hope to have another excuse to use them in the future. We would definitely recommend Rouge to anyone looking for an amazing catering experience!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rouge was absolutely amazing to work with. I worked with Heather throughout the process and she was super flexible to our needs. When I initially talked to her I had no idea what I wanted the menu to look like so she came up with a sample and then we edited from there (and I probably requested 5+ edits before the initial meeting!). I had a unique situation as I had to have a combination of Indian and American food. Rouge was able to deliver both and the food was AMAZING! And I have to mention the initial meeting when I was still deciding on which caterer to go with. They had a selection of appetizers and entree items from the menu we had decided on - some caterers just give you a sample of food that is not necessarily on your menu. Being able to taste the actual food and actually see how it wold be displayed is really nice. We also were able to give comments on the taste of some of the dishes - for example we asked for the crab balls to come with a combo of cocktail and tartar rather than just tartar (something I don't think I would have noticed had I not had that at the meeting). And I was still able to make changes to the menu when I decided on something different. They are super professional all the way through. Their staff was great at the actual event. They brought me my meal rather than me going through the buffet line and when I told them I wanted a doggie bag as I was full they just packed it all up and had it brought to me at the end of the night. Lastly, the cost was really comparable to other caterers.
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Rouge Fine Catering for our wedding was an absolute pleasure from beginning to end. From the initial phone conversation I had with Emily, I knew the Rouge experience would be great. They were extremely personable and flexible with what ideas we had in mind. We were invited to an amazing catered dinner at our wedding venue so we can see how they operate. The tasting was fun and informative. And any questions I had were answered in a timely and professional manner.

Most importantly, everything was smooth and delicious the day of. I got so many compliments about the appetizers, and multi-course dinner. They were flexible with providing different options (oyster shooters! homemade pies!) and all of their standards they're known for (crab dip, beef tenderloin) were amazing. I would highly recommend hiring Rouge to cater any and all of your future events!
Wedding: 10/04/2013
 410-527-0007
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire