ROUGE FINE CATERING

Value
Flexibility
BaltimoreBride
Recently Married

I worked with Sarah and Heather at Rouge to plan my post wedding brunch. They put together a wonderful menu within my budget and their service was extremely professional. They were easy to work with and did a wonderful job. The food was delicious and nicely presented. I would recommend them strongly to anyone looking for a reliable, professional and delicious catering company!

Services Used: Catering

Without a doubt, just ask all of my wedding guests, the best wedding meal ever was had by all. The crab cakes, short ribs, appetizers, everything, incredible! The entire operation is amazing. They will come to your event, cook everything freshly on the spot, and your guests will be licking there plates! Stop looking for a caterer now, Rouge is the one to pick!

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge is the BEST. Theres nothing even remotely bad I can say about rouge. Responsive, accommodating, helpful, thoughtful, delicious, beautiful, awesome service, top-shelf. Awesome. Thank you Rouge!

1 person found this review helpful

My husband and I chose Rouge to cater our wedding in May of 2015. We are very happy with our choice! Emily, our event coordinator, was detail oriented, professional, and responsive. She was available to answer questions and helped build a delicious and diverse menu. Rouge cooks the food fresh on site. We especially enjoyed the crab cake appetizer, vegetable napoleon and short ribs. Our guests raved about the food; happy belly, happy guests!

Rouge was flexible, and able to work within our budget to create a full service menu.
We had a wonderful experience at the tasting, both sets of parents were able to attend. Each attendee was able to sample an individual serving (with wine!). At the end of our tasting, the head chef came out and greeted us.

Emily helped coordinate the timeline for the day of the event. She met us a month prior to the wedding for a final walk through at our venue. This was extremely helpful to run through last minute layout and service details. At the walk through, we were able to choose our linens, which were included within our contract with Rouge.

Emily helped with transporting items to our venue. I cannot say enough wonderful things!
When we got to our sweetheart table, Rouge had special plates made up for us including all three station entrees and hors d’oeuvres (which we missed during cocktail hour bc we were taking photos). At the end of the night they made us both meals to go.

Our family baked cookies for our event, and Emily did an amazing job replenishing the dessert (they were a hot commodity!)

Both Emily and the head chef came to our wedding. We felt in good hands.
I highly recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Recently Married

We loved working with Rouge. From the beginning they were accommodating to our requests, such as creating an Ethiopian style hors d'oeuvre to reflect my husband's favorite food. My husband is also allergic to peanuts, and since Rouge is completely nut-free, we knew we wouldn't have any issues. We coordinated both our cake and rentals through Rouge which was very easy. The food was delicious, customized, and the best value we found. They set up a kitchen at our venue so we knew everything was fresh. The staff during the event itself was very courteous and responsive. Would definitely recommend!

1 person found this review helpful

AMAZING!!! From start to finish, Rouge did an excellent job catering our wedding. From the beginning when we went for a tasting, we were so surprised they offered us a full meal and every bite was delicious. At the end of our tasting, their head chef came out and greeted us. It was wonderful. On the day of our wedding, so many guests commented on how delicious the food was. The cheeseburger waffle fry and crabcake appetizers are amazing!!! The staff was so friendly and fun (the bartender was dancing behind the bar while he greeted guests - love it!). Heather R. was so professional, answered every question we had, and even helped to coordinate the timeline and everything on the day of. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rouge. Their prices are fair and inclusive, the cook the food fresh onsite, and their professionalism throughout the entirety of the planning process and wedding day was excellent. HIGHLY recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

Rouge did a great job of catering our April 2015 wedding. From the initial tasting to the last drink served at the Zoo we had a great time. Brittany was very attentive and detail oriented ensuring that the whole evening went without a hitch. She made sure that my husband and I had plates of food so that we would be able to eat. The brown butter gnocchi was amazing!!!!! They were also very flexible as our cake was being made by a family member. They allowed us to have her deliver it and set it up. The staff was all very friendly and the bar tenders were very efficient. The old time popcorn machine was a hit at our wedding and they were great to pop the popcorn outside so that our entire venue would not smell of popcorn.

I love Rouge!
I met Heather R. at the Havre de Grace Wedding Walk in 2014 and was immediately take away with the quality and mission statement of Rouge. At first I was a little taken back with the price and decided to look into other caterers. If you want quality food at your wedding, there is no other option. Other caterers might be less expensive when you only look at the per person price for food, however they didn't include so many necessary things... like ice! I actually had one vendor tell me that we would have to pay extra to have ice for drinks. Many offered to build us a custom menu as well, for aditional cost. Rouge did none of that. Heather was so patient with my many questions and really helped to build an amazing menu I knew my guests would love.

As the time approached my wedding, which was just on April 18, 2015, Heather helped calm my nerves and answer so many questions about logistics. I can not express what a relief it was to respond "Heather/Rouge is handling that" to the many questions I kept being asked. She really acted like a wedding coordinator. My reception was flawless and gorgeous and I know that was 100% thanks to Heather and the staff at Rouge. Every single guest mentioned how amazing the food was.

I would hands down use Rouge for any event in the future that needed catering. I only wish I had more food at my wedding!

1 person found this review helpful

We used Rouge for our April 2015 wedding and they were worth every penny. They were extremely helpful at building a very comprehensive menu, including drinks, at a very good price point. They were also very flexible, and as we got closer to the event, they allowed us to make adjustments to the menu. They took very detailed notes about our requests for the day, so during our wedding, things went flawlessly. So much so, that we almost didn't interact with the staff during our wedding, except when they brought us a special plate with all the appetizers and served us dinner. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was and our wedding coordinator is still talking about how easy Rouge made it on her. Best caterer ever.

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge was wonderful. The wedding was in Annapolis. The tables looked wonderful and many people have told e that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend a tour of their facility in Hunt Valley and you will see what a well organized facility this is! The head chef was even at our event. Truly I couldn't have asked for more- raw bar, fantastic stations and a cupcake tower. Beverages and bar were great and the staff went out of their ways to be friendly and make sure the bride and groom got enough to eat!!

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge was such a great decision for catering! They were so great to work with! We worked with them to put together amazing hors d'oeuvres/dinner and desert shooters. They made the best options possible and stuck to our price range. While at my wedding, the head chef came out to take a picture with me. This made me feel very honored that he came to check how everything was. It felt very personable! The coordinator Jordan that we worked with, was very responsive and made me feel assured. Everything went smoothly and my guests raved about the food!!
I strongly recommend this catering company!

Recently Married

Everyone raved about the meal we had at our wedding. We absolutely loved working with the Rouge staff. The wait staff was un real, they memorized the bridal parties names, served my husband and I drinks all throughout the night and were amazingly friendly.

Setting up the menu was a dream and the food is the BEST. You can't choose another food vendor- Rouge has to be it.

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge Carering is absolutely fantastic! Staff were incredible to work with! From initial scheduling and tasting to the delicious food and awesome service staff On our wedding day! They were so wonderful to work with and thank you for making our wedding day incredibly yummy!!!!!

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge Fine Catering was the first place my husband and I tried for catering and after our tasting we found no reason to even look anywhere else. My venue had a list of approved caterers that we had to choose from and all I can say is I'm so glad Rouge was on it. Their food is AMAZING! When my husband and I went around to all the tables to greet people at the wedding not a plate was left with food on it. We also had delicious hor d'oeurves for cocktail hour and homemade hot chocolate. Again, everything tasted wonderful. Alcoholic beverages were spot on and the employees were all so friendly! They work in conjunction with Sugarbakers bakery so your wedding cake will go through them and that was amazing too!

On a side note my husband's company has always gotten Rouge for their catered events and so he always knew their food was great. Fun fact - you can also eat at Rouge in Hunt Valley any day of the week! They are a restaurant too! Highly recommend this company.

Bonnie
1 Review
10/11/2014

I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Rouge. Our Event Coordinator, Jordan Bardel, was extremely responsive, organized, and professional. She made herself very available in the days, weeks and months prior to our event. She was also "right there" during the event to take care of any questions or concerns we may have had. Everything went off on a timely basis and the food was FANTASTIC! Many of our guests said guests said that it was that it was some of the best "wedding food" they have ever had. Many thanks to Jordan and Rouge for making my daughter's wedding day so wonderful!

1 person found this review helpful

ROUGE Catering ended up being our favorite wedding vendor to work with. We worked with Molly who was extremely professional. We were originally concerned because they weren't on the list of approved caterers and they had never worked in our hall before. But she eased our concerns when she gave us a long list of difficult situations they've been put in in the past and worked seamlessly. Even when our historic hall restricted cooking on site in their kitchen, she was happy to accommodate by cooking our food in her trucks so we could still have the freshest food. She answered my long lists of several questions with promptness and in detail which put my mind at ease.
Originally food was not an important aspect of our wedding. But after visiting not so great caterers we were relieved to find Rouge. They were respectful of our stated budget, presented the food beautifully, their promptness of accommodating our guests, we still receive rave reiviews of everything we served. They even set up and cleaned up faster than I ever thought any vendor could do (1 hr &45 min and 30 min respectively).
She also accommodated an incredibly important aspect of our wedding of wheat allergy by providing a very wide range of glutin free options. She even made up dishes for us that weren't originally on their catering list. Their ability to speak to food alergies with confidence won us over other caterers who said they would also be accommodating but didn't quite seem to understand what a glutin free menu involved. It's not just serving bread on the side, it's checking the ingredients of sauces, cross contamination of flour, etc. With several celiacs in attendance we wanted to put our guests at ease.

I would recommend working with Molly at ROUGE again hands down. Don't worry if they've never been to your venue before, she's trained to work with that sort of situation. It's awesome.