ROUGE FINE CATERING

Flexibility
Carol
1 Review
07/04/2015

Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and beautifully displayed. The servers were efficient, courteous, and went out of their way to see that our guests were enjoying themselves. We have received so many compliments on our event. Celeste and Jordan were easy to work with and very accommodating. We would highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering.

Services Used: Catering

Everything was perfect. Jordan and Celeste were amazing to work with. The food has received so many compliments not just in taste but in presentation too. The staff treated the wedding party like queens and kings and each one made it a point to congratulate us. They all know how to make someone feel special. They promised we wouldn't run out of beer and we didn't. Totally amazing!!!
Karyn Dillon Leibowitz

BaltimoreBride
Recently Married

I worked with Sarah and Heather at Rouge to plan my post wedding brunch. They put together a wonderful menu within my budget and their service was extremely professional. They were easy to work with and did a wonderful job. The food was delicious and nicely presented. I would recommend them strongly to anyone looking for a reliable, professional and delicious catering company!

Recently Married

Bride and groom were head over heels at the tasting, and that feeling carried throughout the entire experience. We are still accepting compliments on the cocktail hour appetizers and array...and those compliments are quickly followed by a twinkley-eye smile about the staff!

We couldn't have been happier to see how efficient, and extraordinarily pleasant the people who worked this event were. We've all been to events in which it's best just to look away....not this time. A little extra smile, a little perk in the step when the right song hit, hustle with grace through each phase of service and clean up.

We dreaded the end of the night wrap....the packing, the schlepping on tired feet, the finding of all the 'stuff'. We were shocked to have it delivered to us with greater ease than asking for a coat from a coat check.

As a hostess I take extra effort when entertaining in my home or away. Rouge's responses to requests and anticipation to our needs was on-the-spot. Special requests? Really easy to work with and interested in accommodating!

Recently Married

Jordan and her staff were amazing to work with!! Everything was so smooth throughout the entire process - we love Rouge!

Services Used: Catering

Without a doubt, just ask all of my wedding guests, the best wedding meal ever was had by all. The crab cakes, short ribs, appetizers, everything, incredible! The entire operation is amazing. They will come to your event, cook everything freshly on the spot, and your guests will be licking there plates! Stop looking for a caterer now, Rouge is the one to pick!

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge is the BEST. Theres nothing even remotely bad I can say about rouge. Responsive, accommodating, helpful, thoughtful, delicious, beautiful, awesome service, top-shelf. Awesome. Thank you Rouge!

1 person found this review helpful

My husband and I chose Rouge to cater our wedding in May of 2015. We are very happy with our choice! Emily, our event coordinator, was detail oriented, professional, and responsive. She was available to answer questions and helped build a delicious and diverse menu. Rouge cooks the food fresh on site. We especially enjoyed the crab cake appetizer, vegetable napoleon and short ribs. Our guests raved about the food; happy belly, happy guests!

Rouge was flexible, and able to work within our budget to create a full service menu.
We had a wonderful experience at the tasting, both sets of parents were able to attend. Each attendee was able to sample an individual serving (with wine!). At the end of our tasting, the head chef came out and greeted us.

Emily helped coordinate the timeline for the day of the event. She met us a month prior to the wedding for a final walk through at our venue. This was extremely helpful to run through last minute layout and service details. At the walk through, we were able to choose our linens, which were included within our contract with Rouge.

Emily helped with transporting items to our venue. I cannot say enough wonderful things!
When we got to our sweetheart table, Rouge had special plates made up for us including all three station entrees and hors d’oeuvres (which we missed during cocktail hour bc we were taking photos). At the end of the night they made us both meals to go.

Our family baked cookies for our event, and Emily did an amazing job replenishing the dessert (they were a hot commodity!)

Both Emily and the head chef came to our wedding. We felt in good hands.
I highly recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Recently Married

We loved working with Rouge. From the beginning they were accommodating to our requests, such as creating an Ethiopian style hors d'oeuvre to reflect my husband's favorite food. My husband is also allergic to peanuts, and since Rouge is completely nut-free, we knew we wouldn't have any issues. We coordinated both our cake and rentals through Rouge which was very easy. The food was delicious, customized, and the best value we found. They set up a kitchen at our venue so we knew everything was fresh. The staff during the event itself was very courteous and responsive. Would definitely recommend!

1 person found this review helpful

AMAZING!!! From start to finish, Rouge did an excellent job catering our wedding. From the beginning when we went for a tasting, we were so surprised they offered us a full meal and every bite was delicious. At the end of our tasting, their head chef came out and greeted us. It was wonderful. On the day of our wedding, so many guests commented on how delicious the food was. The cheeseburger waffle fry and crabcake appetizers are amazing!!! The staff was so friendly and fun (the bartender was dancing behind the bar while he greeted guests - love it!). Heather R. was so professional, answered every question we had, and even helped to coordinate the timeline and everything on the day of. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rouge. Their prices are fair and inclusive, the cook the food fresh onsite, and their professionalism throughout the entirety of the planning process and wedding day was excellent. HIGHLY recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
1 person found this review helpful

While planning our wedding, my husband and I wanted 3 things: Good food, good drink, and a great DJ. We didn’t want the “chicken cordon Bleu”, chandeliers, and ornate but wanted simplicity, rustic elegance, and delicious BBQ. Price was a concern since we paid for our own wedding. We contacted Rouge and set up a tasting with Katelyn. We were a bit hesitant as Rouge does some pretty big events but as soon we arrived, we felt like we were valued customers to Rouge even with a smaller wedding size. They offered numerous side dishes that we could pair with the main courses and a dessert platter that was very tasty and provided a lot of variety. Don’t be fooled by the backyard image that the word BBQ evokes – this was some of, if not the best pulled pork and grilled chicken we’ve ever tasted! The green beans were cooked perfectly and the beef was juicy and flavorful. Sold!

Katelyn was quick to respond to emails and was very flexible even when we were still turning in circles trying to make final decisions. She initiated contact with our venue to ensure that everything would go smoothly. On the wedding day, the staff were extremely professional, warm, and seemed genuinely happy to be at our reception. Upon arrival, the main server greeted me (and sadly I didn’t get her name but she was great!) and simply said ‘let us know if you need anything at all at anytime tonight’. It was a simple greeting, but allayed any nerves we felt. She even personally delivered our “bride” and “groom” cozies with an ice-cold beer in them during the photos after the ceremony. What perfect timing! The food was hot, ready on time, presented beautifully, and most importantly TASTED ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had numerous guests approach us and comment on how delicious everything was. The crab fondue was a huge hit with all the guests! We highly, highly recommend Rouge for catering. We will absolutely use them again for our next event! They delivered *the* best food at a wonderful price!

Recently Married

Rouge did a great job of catering our April 2015 wedding. From the initial tasting to the last drink served at the Zoo we had a great time. Brittany was very attentive and detail oriented ensuring that the whole evening went without a hitch. She made sure that my husband and I had plates of food so that we would be able to eat. The brown butter gnocchi was amazing!!!!! They were also very flexible as our cake was being made by a family member. They allowed us to have her deliver it and set it up. The staff was all very friendly and the bar tenders were very efficient. The old time popcorn machine was a hit at our wedding and they were great to pop the popcorn outside so that our entire venue would not smell of popcorn.

I love Rouge!
I met Heather R. at the Havre de Grace Wedding Walk in 2014 and was immediately take away with the quality and mission statement of Rouge. At first I was a little taken back with the price and decided to look into other caterers. If you want quality food at your wedding, there is no other option. Other caterers might be less expensive when you only look at the per person price for food, however they didn't include so many necessary things... like ice! I actually had one vendor tell me that we would have to pay extra to have ice for drinks. Many offered to build us a custom menu as well, for aditional cost. Rouge did none of that. Heather was so patient with my many questions and really helped to build an amazing menu I knew my guests would love.

As the time approached my wedding, which was just on April 18, 2015, Heather helped calm my nerves and answer so many questions about logistics. I can not express what a relief it was to respond "Heather/Rouge is handling that" to the many questions I kept being asked. She really acted like a wedding coordinator. My reception was flawless and gorgeous and I know that was 100% thanks to Heather and the staff at Rouge. Every single guest mentioned how amazing the food was.

I would hands down use Rouge for any event in the future that needed catering. I only wish I had more food at my wedding!

1 person found this review helpful

We used Rouge for our April 2015 wedding and they were worth every penny. They were extremely helpful at building a very comprehensive menu, including drinks, at a very good price point. They were also very flexible, and as we got closer to the event, they allowed us to make adjustments to the menu. They took very detailed notes about our requests for the day, so during our wedding, things went flawlessly. So much so, that we almost didn't interact with the staff during our wedding, except when they brought us a special plate with all the appetizers and served us dinner. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was and our wedding coordinator is still talking about how easy Rouge made it on her. Best caterer ever.

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge was wonderful. The wedding was in Annapolis. The tables looked wonderful and many people have told e that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend a tour of their facility in Hunt Valley and you will see what a well organized facility this is! The head chef was even at our event. Truly I couldn't have asked for more- raw bar, fantastic stations and a cupcake tower. Beverages and bar were great and the staff went out of their ways to be friendly and make sure the bride and groom got enough to eat!!

1 person found this review helpful

Rouge was such a great decision for catering! They were so great to work with! We worked with them to put together amazing hors d'oeuvres/dinner and desert shooters. They made the best options possible and stuck to our price range. While at my wedding, the head chef came out to take a picture with me. This made me feel very honored that he came to check how everything was. It felt very personable! The coordinator Jordan that we worked with, was very responsive and made me feel assured. Everything went smoothly and my guests raved about the food!!
I strongly recommend this catering company!