Romano's Bakery

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
1.0

THIS COMPANY IS CLOSED!!!! This bakery came highly referred and I was so happy to have booked them for my October wedding but the owner has recently closed the bakery and left 80 brides without wedding cakes and stole their money. I have lost my deposit and worse, I've never even been contacted to know that I have no wedding cake. I had to hear about it on the news.

0.0

HORRIBLE. Went bankrupt this week 4/14/15. Didn't call any of their brides that had weddings this weekend! THeir decorator "went against the rules" and called us and warned us. Luckily I only paid the deposit. Other brides had pain over 700 dollars! Owner ran off with the money! CHEAPSKATE. DONT GO HERE

Jen
03/28/2015
4.7

the cakes from Romano's were the highlight of our day. We had a gorgeous 4 tier cake with two cake flavors and a grooms cake in a third flavor. Everyone told us the cakes were delicious and they looked fantastic too! The price of their cakes was awesome as well, and the delivery fee was lower than almost all other places we looked at.

2.9

First of all, the cakes tasted incredible. If you are looking for a bakery that people will ask about after the wedding, this is your place. The grooms cake decor was exactly what my husband asked for and he was thrilled. Having said that, I was very disappointed with my cake. I'm not sure if it was in the communication of what I wanted, or if they knew what I wanted but did not want to put the work in to do it, but the first thing I looked for when my husband and I entered the reception was my cake as it had been dropped off during the ceremony at the reception venue and I had not yet seen it. Had I been there when they dropped it off I would have been able to tell them that it was most definitely not my cake. I provided a picture of a beautiful cake with various shaped sugar flowers all around the bottom, just like one they had in the window of the store when we went for a tasting. What I got was sugar rosettes on the bottom, middle, and top. Although it was similar to what I had asked for, I really feel that because of the intricate detail it would have taken to do the flowers I asked and paid extra for, they decided to just not do it. I'm very disappointed and feel that I should have either asked for a different cake or gone with a different baker who would have listened to what I wanted, looked at the picture I sent, or confirmed with me about what I asked for before making it. In the end, we ate it and no one knew the difference, but as the bride looking forward to seeing a magnificent cake, I was extremely let down and disappointed.

4.3

They did a really nice job on getting our cakes to match the designs that we had requested.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

We went to several tastings and then stopped in at Romano's because it was in our neighborhood. We set up a tasting and decided right away it was far better than the other vendors -- plus, the pricing was the most reasonable. We had so many people at the wedding comment that it was THE BEST wedding cake they had ever tasted. The staff was professional and flexible and made everything so easy! Only negative is we had cake left over and I can't stop eating it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great service when we were looking for someone to do our cakes. They were very patient with us in deciding what we wanted to do. Haven't seen our cakes yet but I'm sure its going to be amazing

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Romano's Bakery accomplished an utterly undescribely beautiful wedding cake for our winter wedding! Taste testing was very friendly and informative and Amy was thorough in ensuring the bakery understood our wishes. The wedding cake looked like it belonged in a winter wonderland and the groom's cake was fantastic! Romano's sculpted a bust of Star Trek's Jean luc Picard and it was the star attraction.
Both cakes were delicious and moist!
Perfect!

Private User
Recently Married

Cake looked beautiful, they have great flavors and it's so moist. DELICIOUS CAKES!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amy K was the best to work with! the bakery made our dream wedding cake based off an asian design i wanted!!! not only did it look amazing, it tasted like heaven! That Grand Marnier cake was insane good....and the choc rasp groom's cake was beyond moist. thank you again for making our cakes so wonderful good.

JandDCarter
Recently Married

Romano’s Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake and cookie bar! Everyone who we have talked to since our wedding has raved about our wedding cake and how it was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Working with Amy at Romano’s was so great. From the first time we met her at the cake tasting to the day of the wedding she was so sweet and helpful. The cake tasting was relaxed, fun, and we were made to feel very special that day. She helped us decided on the size of the cake and all the details. We also had a cookie bar at our wedding instead of a Groom’s cake. It was awesome and all the different types of cookies were delicious. The cake turned out beautiful and went perfectly with our wedding reception décor.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious. Everybody loved it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Romano's cake is literally one of the best cakes I've ever had! Not only was it extremely fresh and moist, but the icing was DELICIOUS and the overall look was beautiful! They nailed my vision! Almost every guest came up to us commenting on how amazing the cake was, even a few days later, people were still raving! I'd highly recommend Romano's to anyone looking for a cake!

1 person found this review helpful
Alicia & Brandon
07/26/2014

Our wedding cakes turned out absolutely perfect! They were easily one of the biggest compliments of the night. My bridal cake turned out more beautiful than I had imagined and the Captain America grooms cake was exactly the way we wanted it!!!

Gloria
06/07/2014

The cake was so moist and delicious. All of our guests loved it. Amy is great. She responds quickly to emails on questions.

Callie
05/31/2014

The venue we used had Romano's Bakery as a preferred vendor so we scheduled a cake tasting that myself, my husband, and our moms attended. Oh my gosh - it was so hard to choose flavors! My husband has a killer sweet tooth and his one requirement for the wedding was that we had awesome, delicious cakes. We decided on white chocolate amaretto for the wedding cake and chocolate amaretto for the groom's cake. The caramel turtle fudge cake was AMAZING, but my husband isn't a huge fan of caramel so I was outvoted :/ . Romano's was so great to work with and very accommodating of the creative ideas you may have. My husband wanted a superman logo embedded in a batman logo for the shape of his cake and it turned out awesome! It certainly got a lot of attention! In my friend group, a LOT of people have gotten married this summer and I have been told over and over that our cake was the best tasting! As far as professionalism goes, the staff was very helpful throughout the process. A few months before the big day I decided to change my cake design to mimic my wedding dress. With just an email with a few pics of the lace and some pinterest images, my cake design was easily changed from 4 tier to 3 and made just for our wedding. If you want a great looking and DELICIOUS cake I HIGHLY recommend Romano's! I'm so thankful we found them through our venue!

1 person found this review helpful