Riccardo's By the bridge

• Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Hello,

We recently had a wedding reception at Riccardo's by the Bridge on 5/18/13 and when we originally met with the owner Mark a year before, he was very nice and he gave us a very affordable option for our 5 hour reception. We booked the downstairs Skyline Room. We knew from a friend's husband that used to work there that the food was very good. There was lots of it and it was delicious...We actually got to eat!
We even found our DJ Mario with his recommendation and the music was great. Our guests all danced the night away with us.
The Maitre D' John and Angie were amazingly accommodating the day of, even when our cake topper was not cooperating and I smashed it down right before cutting the cake to keep it from falling. It was all in fun and we weren't bothered at all that the cake was too soft for the topper....

However, a few days before when we came in to finalize our list and payment, we spoke to Patricia, decorating was a slightly different story. I used Riccardo's cards for table seating but since I had my own place cards, Patricia informed me that since they weren't theirs, "we don't do that" even though they were labeled in order and per table in separate envelopes. Also, Marie (very nice lady) had mentioned we could leave our decorations to have someone place them on the tables. 3 bottle vases per table on 10 tables and Patricia said "no we don't do that"
Can we leave our cake topper either "no we don't do that"
She was so unpleasant to speak to because, the owner had told us one thing and now I had to ask my family to come and do the decorations (which took 10 minutes by the way).
She is the only reason I would tell people to get everything in writing as far as the details. Ask, ask, ask. I did and even thought the owner said this and that, it made no difference to her. Food and service were excellent. Her dealing with clients was not. Not sure I would recommend for a wedding but maybe for a private party that doesn't require much detail

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
Profile Picture
Maria
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue was so amazing. The staff is excellent. Nina and the owner are pleasent. The host for our party catered to all of our needs and made us feel so good. I will recommend Riccardo's to any one. The food was so great. Wow do they give so much. All of my guest enjoyed them selves.

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Riccardo's saved us stress and money, and helped make our wedding day relaxing and fun. We did not have to worry about ANYTHING!
Decor: The lobby, restrooms and one of the rooms were outdated, but most of the ballrooms were lovely - marble floors, tasteful chandeliers and muted color. All-white decor under the chandeliers made it look creamy, warm and elegant.
Food: There were no main-course tastings, but after trying appetizers at an open house and reading reviews, I decided to trust it. No need to worry, as the food was terrific! It was very traditional fare, but well-executed and tasty. The cake was delicious and the bar was well-stocked (the drinks were not watered down, either).
Wait staff: They were very professional. They took care of not only our guests, but also my bridal party while we were in the bridal suite waiting to be introduced, and throughout the dinner.
Admin staff: Two minor issues led to the 4 stars on professionalism. A couple of people I talked to during my visits to drop off checks/ask questions were a bit curt; and when I made my final payment, the woman who helped me was calculating incorrectly and almost overcharged me on tax. I know this was an honest mistake, but the fact that she did it twice and I had to help her made me think that she should not have been doing the payment transaction.
Overall...impeccable! We want to say a special thank you to Mark, who not only was flexible and accommodating, but from the first understood what budget constraints we had and told us up front how much each person would cost (base+tax+gratuity) for whichever day/plan we might decide to choose. He also checked in during the reception and was really just a wonderful reassuring presence from start to finish.
For those on a budget, wondering about the quality of an affordable venue, just remember that pricey is not always better when it comes to service and quality.
*DJ reviewed separately *Ceremony held off-site

• Wedding: 07/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This catering hall was absolutely amazing. The owner Miguel was so helpful and was always coming by to see if everything was going just as I wanted it to. I am pregnant and had a very small wedding just 100 of my closest family and friends, i really didnt want anything too big because I was only getting married civilly. I explained this to him and he made it no big deal, he gave me a beautiful room, open bar, amazing buffet and included the bridal suite just in case i needed some quiet time before we decided to do our grand entrance. The Hall was beautifully decorated in our colors (apple and pool) Its was just truly amazing!

• Wedding: 05/25/2012
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wedding reception at Ricardo’s by the bridge, at first we worked with Patricia at office, she was very professional and was able to help up us in every way. Patricia not even not been in the office, we worked with other staff Rosemary and she was also very professional. The was food was great, service was outstanding, even the owner of the place was there to make sure that our wedding went so nice. I will definitely recommend any one that wants to get marry to go Riccardos by the bridge.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

my husband and I just recently got married at riccardos on May 7th 2011. This place was a choice well worth. We love it so much. The decorations and the food was amazing. All my guest was so happy with the food and service. This was the best wedding in my family. I would like to thank the entire riccardos staff for a wonderful job. Special thank you to Eleanor at riccardos. She made my day what it was. I recommend riccardos to anyone who is getting married or having any events. Thank you again

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had our reception at Riccardo's in March of 2011...The food, staff and Maitre D' were amazing.....I received nothing but compliments from over twenty guests when we returned from our Honeymoon in Las Vegas. The office staff was polite, and willing to work with us and allowed us to customize a fantastic menu with a mixture of American and South American cuisine. Eleanor in the office was great to work with and John the Maitre D' made sure all of our last minute changes were attended to...I would reccomend Riccardo's to anyone looking for an affordable and elegant receptiion ....now we have more money in our pockets to put down on a house!!!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Riccardo's handled our wedding reception on 2/25/11. I was already booked at a different venue before visiting Riccardo's by the Bridge at the request of the groom. I was impressed with the elegant hall and their prices.
They have been in the business for over 50 years and their food is delicious! They treated my hubby and I kindly from the start and helped make our Winter Wonderland Wedding a reality and wonderful memory.
Their prices are very reasonable without skimping on food or service. I highly recommend this Astoria gem for weddings.

• Wedding: 02/25/2011
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

the waiters were all hitting on me and everyone. the workers dancing and having fun when they are supppose to do their job.

• Wedding: 08/24/2010
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

i was excited to get married at riccardos by the bridge eleanor was very helpfull but what a disaster incompetent people in office rosemarie was nasty and jeanette did not know what she was talkng about told me to call back, on my wedding day i found kids serving my guests and even behind the bar! i complained to the maitre d he did nothing about it saying this is our staff i called and left messagesfor the owner to get back to me he never responded weddings are stressfull enough and this place gives you more

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

They were the only ones we were able to really negotiate a great price with. The maître D and staff set up all of the centerpieces and did an amazing job. Cocktail hour the food was great, but make sure you have a taste test before you book, because the main course wasn’t that great. =(
We had the starfire room which is the nicest in my opinion, and looked beautiful on our wedding day.

• Wedding: 02/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

we loved it they was very accomadating and the food was very good

• Wedding: 11/15/2004