Reverend Elisheva Clegg, M.A.

Reverend Elisheva Clegg, M.A.

Creating personalized, original ceremonies incorporating practices, rituals, prayers, poems, reading

265 Turkey Sag Trail, Suite #102
Mailbox 105
Palmyra, VA 22963 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...
Quality of Service:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverends Elisheva and Wade did an outstanding job for our wedding ceremony. My guests said it was the most beautiful, unique love filled ceremony they have seen. When we set out to find officiants for our wedding we were looking for someone that could integrate both our religions and cultures, I am from Puerto Rico and my husband from Morocco. Let me just say Reverends Clegg were God sent and went beyond our expectations. When we hung up from the first conversation had, we knew we had found two special souls to marry us. This was confirmed on our first meeting and every conversation after. Reverend Elisheva was quick to respond to our emails, always professional, friendly and loving. They really captured our essence on the ceremony script, everyone felt the love we have for each other and our families. We love how they included our story and our words. It was truly perfection. Thank you so much for a job well done, you are truly gifted. We can not wait to get together with you again!

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Both my husband and I could not get over how perfect the wedding ceremony was, it was the BEST part of the day for us. It was exactly what we wanted, both romantic and sweet, but at the same time humorous (which we asked for). Everyone at the reception kept talking about how it was THE sweetest and most personal wedding ceremony they had EVER been to and how they didn't think there was a dry eye in the whole audience. Everyone we talked to said they just were blown away at everything and were completely captivated by the ceremony. Thank you Reverend Elisheva and Reverend T. Wade for this amazing and wonderful memory that you have given us. It is truly the best gift we received and we can't stop thinking about the things we said to eachother that day.

We had asked for a sweet request for the cellphones to be put away before the ceremony and Reverend T. Wade and Reverend Elisheva handled it beautifully. I can't tell you how many people actually came up to us afterwards and were like "wow! It was so nice to actually, in this day in age, just live "IN the moment" and watch such a lovely ceremony! It was so personal" Thank you so much for making that suggestion for us in such a nice way, where people actually thanked us afterwards for doing so hahaha.

Our wedding ceremony was absolutely amazing and everything we had hoped it would be and it was only because Reverend Elisheva and Reverend T. Wade got to know us first and made the ceremony "our" day and not just another ceremony. They have married us and will forever be in our hearts for given us such a treasured memory!

Don't look any further, you've found the "ones" to marry you! I promise you won't regret choosing them!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Here's a copy of a thank you letter we sent to our reverends, who were beyond amazing!

Dear Revs. Elisheva & Wade,

You all are the most amazing people ever! We are so happy we decided to get married now because we got to meet you both! You all crafted the most beautiful, most amazing, most personal ceremony, and it is forever engraved in our hearts.

The whole ceremony was just so breathtaking and wonderful. Everything you said rang true to the core of who we are and resonated so deeply with us! I know that is because you all put so much time and thought and effort and energy into crafting such a beautiful ceremony that spoke to everyone in attendance.

Elisheva, you were so sweet to have performed it even when you weren't feeling well. We can't thank you enough for being there.

Seriously, we have no words to describe how beautiful and deeply spiritual everything was. It was so "Alex & Kate"-y, like you put the very essence of us into the ceremony. What a wonderful sacred and special way to begin our marriage.

• Wedding: 05/11/2014
Kate
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutelt echo all the other reviews. Elisheva and Clegg really get personal and make every wedding absolutely distinct. My husbands family wasn't too thrilled when they found out we were getting married outside the catholic church so I thought I would hear some negative comments about the ceremony... not a single word! All I heard was how eloquent Elisheva is and how captivated they were throughout the whole ceremony. Wade wrote a beautiful service and all of my guests were thrilled. When asking people what they thought of the wedding weeks later I keep hearing about how wonderful the Reverend was and how personal the service was. There was not a dry eye in the house! I am so thankful for how hard they worked to make this so special for us. They were even quick to add changes that we made last minute. Thank you for everything!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverend Elishiva and Reverend Wade kept my Andrew and I very calm and comfortable. Reverend Elishiva has a funny sense of humor and knows how to lighten the mood in a good way. So many of our guests said how friendly both the Reverends were and soooo easy to talk to an approachable:) they also commented on how lighthearted our ceremony was and it the personal touches throughout the ceremony! We really lucked out with them both and would chose them again in a heartbeat!!!! Can't say enough wonderful things about these two:)

Andrew and Erica

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Erica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so fortunate to have found Reverends Elisheva and T. Wade Clegg! They are warm, loving, and non-judgmental, with great sense of humor as well as deepest interest in getting things right. We all spent many hours planning, discussing, drafting, writing, and editing to create our own perfect ceremony. Our biggest concern was that our guests come from a wide range of spiritual and religious backgrounds from devout Catholic to complete agnostic; despite this, so many of them complemented our beautiful service, and many mentioned feeling that they knew us better after witnessing it. This was no small feat considering that we have known all of our guests for years. We really couldn’t have had a more positive and memorable experience.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Alex
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Reverend Elisheva to perform our wedding ceremony was the absolute best decision we made in the wedding planning process. We couldn't have been more pleased with her services. She went so far above and beyond a typical officiant's services with her thoughtfulness and other actions taken throughout our engagement and wedding day. We've had numerous attendees tell us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever seen. Neither my husband or I are religious and Reverend Elisheva truly listened to what we wanted in our ceremony and delivered above our expectations. Definitely, a ceremony for us to cherish always!

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elisheva made our wedding ceremony not only a beautiful (and fun) event, but she tailored it to who we are and what we believe in. It truly became a reflection of our inner selves and families -- rather than some "off the shelf" preset ceremony! And beyond that, Elisheva and her husband (and helper) Wade became close friends whose love and support we cherish every day. We could not have asked for more.

If you want a ceremony just like everyone else's...look somewhere else. If you want a ceremony that's unique, intimate and true to who you are...call Elisheva now!

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They provided my husband and I with an amazing ceremony. We filled out a questionnaire and they turned it into an event to remember. It was personable and extremely truthful and meaningful to us as a couple. It spoke to both our wants and desires. Thank you for your advice and kind words. The book that you provided was a gift I would have never thought about but is the most important gift of all. It is a daily gut check and reminder of our love and commitment for each other.

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Revs went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding we envisioned. We had a destination wedding and choosing someone we hadn't previously known to marry us was quite difficult for us, until we found them. We appreciated that they personalized our wedding to fit us, with such a thoughtful, meaningful ceremony. We communicated mainly through emails and loved getting to know them, and we wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to marry us.

• Wedding: 05/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were both thrilled with the services provided by Elisheva and T. Wade. We are not religious people and were struggling with how to make our ceremony unique, and at the same time, accommodate my parents need for a spiritual/religious aspect. Elisheva and T. Wade were wonderful guides and the ceremony was by far one of the very best parts of the day (as it should be!) – we are still getting compliments almost two years later. Choosing the Cleggs was by far one of the very best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverend Elisheva and Wade Clegg did an absolutely amazing job. My husband and I postponed marriage for 8 years because we could not visualize or envision how to do a ceremony itself that would be meaningful, personal and beautiful but non religious. We needed someone to help us bring together elements of three religions - my husband is Muslim and from Turkey, and I am half Jewish and half Christian and from the UK. We met with several other officiants who all gave us things to read and ideas about how traditional ceremonies are performed and what we could do, but we did not feel a sense of comfort or inspiration with any of them.

Finally, I did a search in inter-cultural, inter-faith ministers and there she was. Her and her husband Wade did such a phenomenal job! We had guests that flew in from the UK, Germany and Israel, and guests from Turkey, India, Pakistan, Tunisia, 20 nations in total. They totally were able to capture who we were and what we stand for in the most meaningful way with a service that they wrote and personalized themselves, after we completed a questionnaire. Elisheva was also very supportive throughout the process, spoke to me on the phone several times and gave very meaningful support throughout, and really helped us to pull our thoughts and feelings together. The service itself was worth waiting eight years for! And the crowd was a very discerning and highly educated lot, more phd's per square inch than any other wedding I know of. So not an easy one to please (=

I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone considering a wedding that may not be completely traditional, or just for people who would like to have a highly personalized service or one that pulls together diverse identities. Of all the money we spent on our wedding, this was the best value service we could have asked for. Anyone will be lucky to have them work with you.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
sw7251
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5

Hi, Rev. Elisheva!

I just had to write you a note thanking you (and your husband) for making my and Adam's wedding ceremony so fantastic and magical. Everyone commented afterwards how they'd never been to a ceremony so intimate and personal, and that they enjoyed every minute of it. Even friends who brought spouses/dates that we hadn't met or weren't close to said it was hard to hold back tears because it was just that special of a ceremony. .

So thank you from both of us for making it a day not only we'll remember, but all of our friends and family will as well.

Love,
Tara + Adam

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent ceremony. Super sweet people. I'm very happy with our decision to use their service.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Kris
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Elisheva & Rev. Wade were wonderful at our wedding. The ceremony had just the right amount of humor and sentimentality to make it enjoyable for all. My only negative comment would be that the fees are a little pricey- BUT... half of their fee is actually a donation to their charity in Charlottesville, so if you look at it from that angle, it is well worth it:) Rev. Elisheva took the time to get to know our true personalities, despite our first actual meeting occurring when we arrived in front of her at the altar! We really enjoyed having both the Reverends, and they made our day very special.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Debra
434-589-4864
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards