Rev. Mary E. Powers

Value
Flexibility
annakay511
07/25/2015

I would highly recommend Rev. Mary to anyone needing an officiant! Her personality was very easy to work with and she was so quick to respond to emails when I had questions. Her fee is very reasonable, especially for the wonderful service she provides! Mary provided us with PAGES of resources, samples and examples for our ceremony that we could choose from or use our own wording/ideas. We loved that we were able to completely customize every aspect of our ceremony so it was a true reflection of us. At our rehearsal, Mary was easily able to wrangle our large bridal party and I felt totally prepared for our ceremony, she eased all my nerves. On our wedding day, Mary executed our ceremony flawlessly! We were so relaxed and it was absolutely beautiful, everything I had dreamed of. I also have to say- Mary went above and beyond on our wedding day, taking charge to make sure our DJ-provided sound equipment was set up on time and even helping to scatter flower petals down the aisle when the venue had forgotten to do it and guests were just about to arrive. I really can't say enough good things about our experience with Rev. Mary!

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Anna….I have never been responsible for flower petals in all my years of performing ceremonies….but we had to get yours perfect…ok…I tripped on my robe and stumbled on the chair…thank heavens your Aunt/reader was there for me and made everything perfect!!! No one saw us….Your ceremony was perfect!
Sometimes the Angels work with us!!!

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend Mary was the ideal officiant for our wedding ceremony. She was professional, kind, funny and relaxed. When we decided that at the end of the ceremony I was going to cut my husband's hair she was on board and excited to help us make it the ceremony we wanted, however unusual! Reverend Mary seemed to recognize immediately what type of ceremony we wanted and delivered it expertly. We had choices in all the components and had the option to craft our own as well. Mary struck a nice balance between light-hearted and serious. She was filled with laughter when things were funny and equipped with tissues for me when the tears came! We are very pleased we went with Mary for our ceremony.

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Emily, I had everything all rehearsed for the hair cutting and then started crying because i was so overcome with the love & symbolism of the moment…even the musician was moved! Thanks for having me as your officiant!!!!

Services Used: Officiant

Wonderful ceremony given by my cousin! We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. We loved the way that we could choose our readings to make it uniquely ours. Beautiful day and wonderful ceremony. Betty is always quick to respond to emails and answer questions we may have had at the time. We loved every minute of it!!

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

My adorable niece…I was SOOOO proud and honored to perform her ceremony.
Sometimes going home is the best thing that can happen to you!

marlene
06/27/2015

Our ceremony was beautiful. Reverend Mary did a super job. We were not nervous at all. It was perfect!

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Loved the guitar to sign & the picks with your photos! Hope the reception was fun!

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend Powers is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. My husband and I had no idea what we were doing or how ceremonies typically worked when we first started planning, however, Mary was very patient with us and walked us through each step of the process. She was also very flexible with the decisions we made. She was such a pleasure to work with and our ceremony was wonderful because of her guidance. I highly recommend using Reverend Powers as your officiant!

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

oh thank you Kelly! Hope everyone had fun at the reception!

Recently Married

Mary was on top of things from the word go.. Could not of been any better. Kept in communication and was very flexible with all the changes.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev Mary was a great pleasure to work with! She was very friendly and informative throughout the whole wedding planning process. She provided us with ample reading and wordings to guide us in creating our own ceremony and selecting each passage. She was able to offer suggestions for things we wanted to include in our ceremony, but didn't know how, helping us create a memorable and unique ceremony. She also offered helpful tips to keep our guests comfortable and happy, and to make sure we got some good photographic moments. She was prompt and prepared to both the rehearsal and the ceremony and made sure everyone could hear the ceremony in our outdoor venue, as well as made sure our reader was prepared. I would absolutely recommend her to everyone!

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Thank you Stephanie! I hope the reception was fun and cool!

Recently Married

Rev Mary met us several times just to make us feel comfortable and to answer any questions we had. She made several suggestions to personalize our special day and made it very wonderful. We would highly recommend her !!

Recently Married

I highly recommend Rev. Mary Powers! When I initially inquired about her pricing, availability and services via email, she responded within minutes. My husband and I set up a time to meet with her in person a few months prior to our wedding and she was very flexible, friendly and easy to talk to. We immediately felt comfortable with her. She provided us with a very detailed and structured packet that outlined the entire ceremony. It included several different options (non religious, semi-religious and religious) for poems, readings, rituals, vows and everything in between. We really liked how easy it was to simply pick and choose what we wanted to include in our ceremony. There was absolutely no work or stressed involved! She is very reasonable priced and was always very quick to respond to any random questions I had. On the day of the wedding she arrived early and guided us throughout the entire ceremony. She did a great job and our entire family really liked her. If you're looking for a great and very organized officiant, definitely choose Mary Powers and I know you'll be very pleased with your decision.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Mary is the BEST! She is the most responsive vendor that we worked with - she would respond to emails almost immediately. She helped us set up a fantastic ceremony. She gives you so many options, from ulta-traditional to custom tailored. She met with us in person to begin the process, something that was very helpful.

Rev. Mary was early to both our reception and our wedding ceremony, and she even had pins ready to help with our groom's boutonniere. She let us make the specific decisions regarding entrances, who stands where and things like that - nothing is unable to be done with Rev. Mary! We could not be more enthusiastic about recommending her.

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Awww Jenny thank you so much! It certainly was a beautiful day at EFI. I hope the reception was everything you dreamed! Best Wishes!

Jenna
05/02/2015

Rev. Mary was so kind and helpful through our whole marriage process! She made picking our vows, readings, and ceremonies so much easier than I thought it would be. She also helped us keep it together on the wedding day and told us not to worry as long as we remembered each others names we would be okay haha. :) I would absolutely recommend her if you are looking for someone who is kind and caring and also passionate about what they do!

Thanks so much Jenna! And you DID remember each other's names!! LOL

Erin
03/28/2015

Rev. Mary Powers is a joy! She made writing the ceremony really easy (especially because we had no idea what was needed). Her presence was bold but did not overshadow the bride and groom (us!). Would def recommend!

Hi Erin!
I did not even get to say goodbye and best wishes! Enjoy your honeymoon!
rev. Mary :)

Ted
01/24/2015

Reverend Mary was absolutely fantastic to work with. She was friendly, thoughtful, extremely well organized, prompt and all around great. She has a draft schedule of most things anyone would want in a ceremony from which you can add, delete or modify and then she provides numerous examples for each step that you can choose or create your own. Nothing could be easier and she takes care of it all. Working with her was completely stress free, and this is the most important part of the day. I recommend her to everyone. My bride and I cannot say enough good things about her. She has our full and complete recommendation.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Mary was amazing from our in home 1st consultation to the rehearsal and finally the ceremony with her experience she gave us so much insight into little things we hadn't though t of and was super helpful every step of the way!! I highly recommend her for your next event!!

Kimberly
11/29/2014

I would highly recommend Reverend Mary. She was very flexible with meeting times and helped us plan a beautiful ceremony. On the day of the wedding she made sure everything went as planned and her calm reassuring demeanor helped us relax and enjoy our ceremony.

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Thanks Kimberly! I was honored to be part of your ceremony. Hugs to the family!!(and the doggies!)

Emily
11/28/2014

Reverend Mary Powers made our wedding process an ease. She was an absolute amazing officiant! She made sure to let us know that the ceremony is all about us and no one else. I cannot emphasize enough how spectacular she is to work with. She became much more than an officiant, but a friend to confide in with all the stresses for our wedding that she helped put at ease. Our wedding was wonderful and unique thanks to her help.

Rev. Mary E. Powers responded with the following comments:

Thank you Emily!! We did manage organize a fabulous wedding & reception!!
Big hugs to you both!