Rendezvous Catering & Events

Profile Picture
Salisha
04/05/2014
0.0

BRIDES BEWARE!! If you want a totally unprofessional caterer who will promises the world and then completely bombs then this caterer is for you! It all started in the beginning, 9 months before our wedding when I hired Rendezvous as my caterer. There was this venue I fell in love with and Rendezvous told me they had exclusive rights to cater this property, so I gave them a deposit. A few months passed and I contacted them in regards to finalizing the menu. Here’s where it all went downhill. I found out they never booked my venue the prior year and were not the only caterer as they had led me to believe. You might ask why I didn’t fire them then. Because I held out hope they would pull it together – I’ve had the food and it was good. So I started booking items on my own, the venue (thankfully was still available),table rentals, etc. anything I could do so they did not have to be responsible for anything but delivering amazing food. I held on to that HOPE as my frustration grew. I had also hired a wedding planner to help execute the day of because of my doubts – but it just wasn’t enough to stop the disaster that is Rendezvous Catering/Coup des Tartes. Next the day of happened. They failed – epically. They were late, short staffed, they set up their stations in a buffet line (a request we said over and over again that we did NOT want any lines), their PASTRY CHEF apparently didn’t know how to make a mini cake so they took it upon themselves to buy a grocery store cake, and then the best part of all was they RAN OUT OF FOOD (which they promised to fix and never did so some guests went without a full dinner all night). I could go on for days over my utter dissatisfaction. I suppose we should be grateful that after wasting almost $7k on catering Ron generously offered us a whole $500 for the lack of food and embarrassment. No one should be put thru what we had to with Rendezvous Catering. They should not be in the catering business. So I'm warning brides - DO NOT USE!!

Services Used: Catering

Words can’t describe how pleased we were with Ron and the entire Rendezvous Catering team! They catered our wedding on May 4, 2013. We planned the wedding on very short notice (about a month). We originally went with a different caterer in town. When we received their quote, we couldn’t believe how high their prices were for a menu with very limited options. In a panic, I asked our photographer who she would recommend, and she said Ron at Rendezvous. I called Ron 14 days before our wedding (on a Saturday, no less). He returned my call within 10 minutes and immediately assured me he would gladly take the job and provide us with a much more appetizing menu. He definitely delivered!!! In less than two hours, he sent us his menus and a suggested meal plan for the evening (again, it was a Saturday). We had a very particular theme in mind, and Ron went out of his way to make sure the menu fit the wedding’s style. In addition, we had several special food requests (i.e. gluten/soy/lactose intolerant guests, children’s meals, seafood for only half the guests, etc) – Ron listened to all of our special requests and made sure each guest had a meal that suited their needs.

As for the quality of the food - it was DELICIOUS!!!!! The guests are still raving about the amazing meal – each person felt like their dinner was made-to-order, as everything tasted so fresh. We also can’t say enough about the service the entire staff provided. They were punctual, professional, friendly, and precise. We had a formal wedding, and the service matched the occasion perfectly! We couldn’t have asked for a better catering experience and will definitely use them again in the future. We absolutely recommend Rendezvous Catering without hesitation!

Services Used: Catering

Katie, Ron and all the Rendezvous staff are OUTSTANDING! My wedding reception was better than I ever hoped because of them. Everything was perfect. I got nothing but compliments on how amazing the food was and how it was "cooked to perfection," plated at the perfect temperature and with beautiful presentation.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The quality of service and food were unparalleled. Since our fundraising event last month, I have had a number of attendees stop me to tell me how much they loved the food and how smoothly the buffet lines were run. Without a doubt, the best catering experience I have ever had. I would use Rendezvous again.

Rendezvous Catering & Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review, It was our pleasure.

Services Used: Catering

Ron and his amazing team at Rendezvous Catering and Events catered our event for 500 people in October 2009. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Our guests are still raving about the quality of the food and are looking forward to the return of Rendezvous Catering to this years event.

Services Used: Catering

I don't know where to begin. This was the most wonderful wedding. What I love most about Ron, Katie and all the people at Rendezvous is that they were ALWAYS so relaxed and accommodating. They encouraged us to express what we wanted and always, ever so gently, ALWAYS made everything better. The meal was so elegant, so perfect, so delicious. No flaws, not a one. The venue they helped us provide was perfect. It was a blessing that my daughter Gina and her hubby Max fell in love with Coup Des Tartes Bistro. Because of their experience there they were determined to have them cater their wedding. We're Italian...its all about the food. I just can't express enough how blessed you will be knowing these people are helping you plan your wedding or whatever event you might consider.

Services Used: Catering

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful Rendezvous is! Early in our engagement, my husband and I decided that the traditional wedding reception held at a hotel or ballroom did not appeal to us. We were looking for something elegant and private, but with the charm and welcoming feeling of having a party in your backyard. We fell in love with Coup des Tartes and once we discovered Rendesvous we knew that they would be the starting point in planning our wedding. Ron, Katie, Julie and co. helped us find the perfect venue (a private residence), plan our menu, and just about everything in between. I can't say enough about how warm, helpful and creative this team is. They are truly joyful people and if you want a relaxing wedding day knowing your are in the best hands, please contact them. You will not be disappointed!