Reviews (8)

• Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 2 Reviews
The venue is a gorgeous place to have a wedding! It is a perfect blend of rustic and country. It's a great back drop for your I Dos. Unfortunately, there is a trade off for the beautiful scenery and great pricing. The management and catering, Tams Backstage, was a rip off. Not only did they make promises that they couldn't keep, Brian was awkward and rude. For future couples who would like to have their wedding here, be up front with what you expect and make sure that you are clear with the management, they will twist your words!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When we were looking for wedding reception venues, we wanted a venue with a bit of rustic charm, and we found that and more at the Reid Barn. Christine was amazing to work with throughout the entire process and made everything so easy. She was always available to answer any questions we had (and we had quite a few, haha), so we truly appreciated that aspect of the process. Our night went perfectly, and much of that was thanks to Christine and her team. Everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was, and how much they loved the scenery. The only disappointment we experienced was in the cake vendor they asked that we use. The consultation went seemingly well, but the cake we requested and agreed upon differed from what we received when we arrived at the reception, and we were pretty disappointed in the end product. However, that is not a reflection upon the Reid Barn, but rather the cake vendor they request that you use. I would highly recommend the Reid Barn for a reception venue. It has a great flow to it and truly sets the stage for a rustic theme for a wedding, and/or wedding reception. A huge thanks to Christine and her team for helping to make our night special!
Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Reid Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding. Christine, the event coordinator, was extremely helpful; answering every question I had, giving advice on how to make the night a success and dealing with last minute changes the night before the event! Brian was extremely helpful as well, not only was the food from Tam’s amazing but he spent time talking with us before the event to make sure he knew how to make the night the best it could be. Finally, the vendor list provided led us in the right direction. Everyone knew each other and the barn making for a seamless night from start to finish (the music, flowers and photography we amazing too!). This is a beautiful venue that made for a night that all of the guests enjoyed and we will not forget.
Wedding: 03/01/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We just recently had my daughter's ceremony and reception at the Reid Barn and we can't say enough about the venue, Tam's Backstage, and the entire staff. With less than five months from engagement to wedding date after having first seen the Reid Barn we knew that this was the right fit for our daughter's wedding. Brian Tam and his staff were always proactive and responsive to any questions, concerns, changes, etc. and they are beyond organized and make sure that all bases are covered. The venue is beautiful, serene, and it was the right touch of elegance with a very personal and romantic touch. The food from Tam's Backstage was amazing. The venue coordinator, Christine, is THE best to work with. We knew all would go well with her overseeing things. The wait staff professional, non-obtrusive, friendly and made the event effortless for us. It was truly a flawless ceremony and reception and we are so appreciative of all involved. This is not your standard "barn wedding" venue - you can make it whatever you want it to be and the owners (Reids) and Tam's Backstage and staff made it stress free and a truly memorable day!
Wedding: 09/01/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 5 Reviews
This is just the prettiest venue! I couldn't believe how amazing it was. The whole thing ran very smoothly. The food was good and is required to go through their restaurant. However beware of the alcohol pricing. It is pricey! $24 a bottle of wine that costs him $7. Beer isnt much better. It was about $3.95 a bottle. So basically retail pricing. Also working with the owner Brian is not fun. Hes pretty grumpy. It was never a pleasure talking to him. All in all a great spot to get married!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Reid family has created a beautiful, chic rustic venue for weddings and other special events. The bridal suite is gorgeous and a treat for the bride and bridesmaids to have a wonderful place to get ready and relax prior to the wedding. Our daughter, Jess, had 12 bridesmaids, her photographer, air dresser and makeup artist in there prior to the wedding and it worked great. The pavilion over looking the pond and fountain made a perfect place for the ceremony. The barn hall fit our 28 person head table and 18 rounds very well. The burlap curtains and the hydrangeas on the front of the barn made a romantic welcoming entrance to the ceremony. Mrs. Reid even stopped in prior to the ceremony to make sure everything was just right. You can't find a better rustic chic venue for a wedding. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Reid for helping to make Jess' wedding fabulous!
Wedding: 06/21/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My husband I were ecstatic to find The Reid Barn when we started to plan our wedding. Our wedding was a wonderful, beautiful day, but it was clouded by our interaction with Brian, the Event Manager at the Barn. The planning process with him was painful. As mentioned in a previous post, we sent multiple emails with many questions. All responses were a simple "Yes" or "No" with no helpful details. My husband and I both were involved in the planning so would both send emails to Brian. He indicated that we should only send emails from one account so he could track our communication. All interactions with him are very curt and tactless. He made us feel like he felt he was doing us a favor by letting us have our wedding there. He is owner of Tam's Backstage, a restaurant in Cumming, so clearly has a lot to juggle with the restaurant and being the only Event Manager for the Barn. However, as someone who works in the Corporate Events industry, I know that if I treated my clients the way he treats his, I would be fired. The Reid Family should seriously consider hiring a different Manager, dedicated solely to the events at the Barn.

When planning for vendors (florists, bakeries, photographer, etc.) the Preferred Vendor List is minuscule, yet you'll be charged if you go outside of the list. Be sure to check with him on all outside vendors you're considering. After putting hours into researching videographers and DJs and signing contracts with them, he informed us the company we chose was on a 'black list' for the Barn. We had to pay an additional $100 to use them the week of the wedding. I recommend asking him for a 'black list' before you start your planning process.

On a positive side, the Barn was beautiful and the food delicious. Our guests raved about the setting and the cuisine. If you decide to have your wedding here, it will surely be a beautiful occasion. Just prepare yourself for months of frustration and disappointment when dealing with Brian.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Reid Barn is one of the prettiest barn venues I have ever been to or seen. Yes, I may be bias because we did pick this for our wedding; however, we picked it because we knew this to be true. I had both the ceremony and reception at Reid Barn and it was truly perfect! Tam's Backstage and the entire staff were some of the best people to work with. I had confidence knowing the food and service would be outstanding and I was right! All of our guests raved that this was one of their favorite weddings they have ever been to. I was so stress free on the day of the wedding and it was truly the greatest day of my life! No matter if you get married in the summer or winter the barn can accommodate everyone very comfortably. I grew up in Cumming, GA and there is no venue quite like this in the area. I have recommended Reid Barn to friends and they were just as happy as I was. Feel free to check out our wedding video on Vimeo by searching Kitchel Wedding or click on this link http://vimeo.com/51895069
Wedding: 05/18/2012
 404-402-7470
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire