Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony in the Trading Post backyard, and it was so memorable and perfect! Loni and her assistant Jenna had everything set up a half an hour before our scheduled time (3:30-5:30) and allowed us back there at no charge for our pre-ceremony photos. They were so easy to work with and made our day great. They kept the backyard closed to anyone who wasn't part of our wedding, and even gave us a discount (off an already low price for what you get!) due to construction in the park - which I had barely even noticed, to be honest. They also let us bring a cooler full of water bottles for our guests during the ceremony, since there is not really any shade in the backyard. One downside is that there is not a backup plan if there is inclement weather, so you're taking your chances on that. If you're looking for breathtaking views and a ceremony venue your guests won't forget, look no further than Red Rocks.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Private User
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue was absolutely beautiful (which I think is what all brides are looking for in their venue). The price compared to many other venues was definitely reasonable and there is a lot of flexibility. However, I did think that the way the bar was set up, we ended up paying for a lot more alcohol than was used. The food was good and service was great. I haven't heard any complaints from any of our guests.

• Wedding: 08/18/2013
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else. We picked a date in early May and ran the risk of having a concert the same night. Thankfully, no bands booked. Our plan was to have the ceremony at the trading post and the reception in the rock room at the visitor center. Then it poured rain on our wedding night. Teneil did a great job working the multiple parties around in the visitor center. Moving another party out while our guests moved in. Had it not been raining, it would have been more busy and difficult to keep Red Rocks tourists out of our private event. They're welcome to roam the visitor center until closing. Because of the rain, we were forced to have our ceremony in the Rock Room. Ceremony was beautiful but the pictures and lighting are poor in the rock room. We had a fabulous photogrher that saved the day.. The guests moved to the bar while the caterers set up the tables. Enough room for a band, dance floor and 100+ guests. We chose simple black linens and did not dress the chairs. The room has a character of its own so the simple hydrangea flower arrangements rounded out the tables perfectly. There is a minimum charge for the room rental and you have to use their caterer and their bar and staff. The food is top shelf, I chose salmon, chicken and a vegetarian lasagna served table service and everyone was super pleased with the food quality. Bar selection and staff were great too. I brought in my own dessert from an external cupcake company and their staff set it up.
Things did not go as planned but the rain was out of my hand. Guests were blown away with their experience. Would highly recommend if you won't something signature Colorado without the $$$ price ag.

• Wedding: 05/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was incredibly impressed with Red Rocks Amphitheatre & Visitor Center venue in Morrison, CO. I received individual expert attention and advice. They were flexible and understanding. I felt they cared about MY wedding. The service was excellent. The manager there was PRICELESS in causing a beautiful result to the entire wedding experience. The food was unique and everyone loved it. The surroundings of the Red Rocks theatre and park were absolutely stunning and I have already recommended this venue to anyone I can find. The wedding was wonderful because Red Rocks was wonderful.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had a difficult time deciding on ceremony and reception venues for our wedding. After booking one place, we decided it wasn't for us, and were back to looking just 6 months before the wedding. I was sure Red Rocks Trading Post would be way too expensive, but checked it out anyway. It was far less expensive than what we thought and the views are nearly impossible to beat. We worked with TeNeil throughout our planning and she was very helpful. Always on top of emails and ready to answer any questions I had. The Trading Post was set up on time and they broke down the chairs quickly after the ceremony to allow for pictures. Overall, we had a great experience.

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married @ the Trading Post & it was so affordable & more importantly incredibly gorgeous!! I worked with Betsy for most of the planning process & she was amazing...so helpful, responsive, & very nice. A few weeks before my wedding I was contacted by someone new & I am not sure what happened to Betsy. I still had an amazing wedding day but this new employee was not nearly as helpful or quick to respond as Betsy had been. We had to practically beg her to come to our rehearsal, the sprinklers turned on on us during the rehearsal, and on the day of the wedding she didn't put out enough chairs & so she had to add another row when guests began to stand around (this additional row was a different color chair too, which I really didn't like the look of in our pictures). I wished there hadn't been a concert on the same day as my wedding because there were people everywhere & they kept trying to get in our pictures & stuff...but this was a risk we knew we had to take with booking this venue. My pictures definitely speak for themselves though, Red Rocks Trading Post is stunning!

• Wedding: 07/03/2010
Melissa
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our ceremony in the Trading Post Backyard and worked with Betsy Newhart to set everything up. The venue is spectacular and really speaks for itself. Breathtaking vistas make for a beautiful backdrop. The rental fee was a little pricey, but not needing to spend anything on flowers made up for it. Betsy was a dream to work with. I don't know if I ever waited more than a couple of hours to get an email response from her. I highly recommend this venue!

• Wedding: 06/21/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Loved the venue. Betsy is great and she always was there to answer my questions. The only thing is they had an event right before our wedding so set up time was a bit less then we expected, but everything worked out and they made my wedding unforgetable!

• Wedding: 04/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most beautiful and AFFORDABLE venue I could have chosen to get married at. Betsy was incredibly helpful along the way. We were planning an outside wedding on halloween and got hit by 27 inches of snow. I was worried, but Betsy took the initiative to call me and was very helpful by moving the entire ceremony inside the day before halloween. I made a last minute stop to verify that the new location (the rock room) would be suitable and she already had the chairs set up for us! She is very professional and a pleasure to work with! Every one of my guests commented on how smoothly everything ran and it was even easy for our handicapped guests to access! I would definitely recommend this venue to anybody wanting a truly memorable and unique wedding!

• Wedding: 10/31/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first thought getting married at red rocks would cost way more money than I could ever give them to make it worth it. I was very wrong! other venues I had looked into were more money, some twice as much, and they were not giving me all that i got out of red rocks. the lead contact at red rocks (betsy) is the calmist most in contol go-to person I have ever met. she was more than helpful and I can't say enough about her. the food was great, everyone kept saying how good it all was. and it all went off begining to end very smoothly.

• Wedding: 05/16/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Red Rocks was GREAT! Not only is the park an amazing landmark to hold a wedding, but the Visitor Center was amazing. The staff was flexible and really let us make the event our own. The food was fantastic and the staff that worked the event was professional and our guests had a great time.

Oh, and you may think that this venue would be expensive given the location - nope! It was much more affordable than many of the other venues we looked at - take the time and price it out...you will be (presently) surprised!

• Wedding: 02/16/2008
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The site was beautiful and worth the money spent.

• Wedding: 01/05/2008
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got married on the stage at Red Rocks and since it's a state park- it was free! The scenery is so beautiful and you get some outstanding backdrops towards dusk. We had our reception in one of the event rooms at the visitor's center and it was great! They have video/audio capabilities and the low lighting creates an intimate environment. The lady is kinda hard to get a hold of, and she doesn't always respond on time, but she's very helpful and friendly when she finally gets back to you.
I really had a good experience with their caterer- they used Aramark- the chicken was a little tough- but to be fair- it's hard to keep foul that fresh and tender for 80 people for longer than an hour without getting hard. So word to the wise don't order the chicken or shrimp. Now - I did order 10 vegetarian dishes (Giant Mushroom portabella stack with veggies) and it was so good, even the meat eaters were more impressed with the flavor than their own choice of chicken.
Everything else, the fruit & cheese display, the salad- those were really good too.

• Wedding: 09/23/2007
Heli
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Red Rocks is an AMAZING place to have both a ceremony and reception. Our guests, particularly out of town guests, were blown away by the setting. The set up was fairly simple. My only concern for the day was that there were not enough chairs set up at our ceremony. Other than that everything was perfect. Given it's beauty you would think this would be an incredibly expensive place to get married, but it was one of the most inexpensive places I found. It is difficult to schedule a date due to the summer concert schedule. But if you are willing to be a little bit flexible, it is an amazing venue!

• Wedding: 05/24/2007
303-697-6047
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire