RED BELL PHOTO ©

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Ben Resine of Red Bell Photo did a fantastic job photographing our wedding. He came to our event early and stayed until the last guests were leaving the reception. He was everywhere the entire time, getting wonderful candid shots of family and friends, including our darling grandchildren. Especially his photos of the ceremony and of us and our families afterward captured the joy and love of our blissful day. We felt fortunate to have found such a talented and accommodating photographer.

Ashley
07/25/2014

Ben did an amazing job for our destination wedding! He was with us all day and definitely went above and beyond his duties, helping us when the venue coordinator was less than helpful and making sure everything went smoothly for us. He took a ton of amazing photos that I can't wait to get printed and enjoy in our new home! Our vendors, especially Ben, really made our wedding day amazing!!

Services Used: Photography

We are so happy that we chose Red Bell Photo for our wedding photography! Ben was fantastic to work with; always responded promptly to my emails with thorough answers to my questions and concerns. Our package came with an engagement session which was great because it allowed to us to get to know Ben and become comfortable around him prior to our big day. On our wedding day, Ben and Matt did a great job of capturing all of the big moments, as well as all of the small details that went into our wedding. They did all of this without being an intrusion to our guests, which was much appreciated. I received over 900 pictures, fully edited, less than a month after the wedding. I highly recommend Red Bell Photo for all of your photography needs!

Services Used: Photography

We truly enjoyed our photographer Ben; he was so easy going and very pleasant to work with during our engagement session and the wedding day. He was very flexible with the hours and the location. I will recommend Red Bell Photo to all occasions and events.

Services Used: Photography

We have had photos from Ben at RedBell twice now and I can't be more happy. He completely captures my family exactly as they are. We have 3 children and he is so patient with them when they do not cooperate and in fact gets the best photos while they are misbehaving! I tell all my friends about Redbell and will never use another photographer! I am so glad I found them!

Private User
2+ years ago

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Ben from Red Bell Photo photograph our wedding and we could not have asked for anything better. We found Ben to be just the right balance of professional and personable, and incredibly easy to work with. Ben took the time to speak with us about what we were looking for and worked with us to create a vision within our budget! Ben maintained contact with us throughout every step of our planning and quickly kept us updated after the wedding with the progress of his editing. We were beyond satisified with both how quickly he provided us with our photos and with the quality of the photos as well. Ben did a phenomenal job at capturing the love and joy we shared that day. We look forward to having an opportunity to use Red Bell Photo again in the future!

Services Used: Photography

Red Bell Photo was extremely helpful throughout the wedding process. Ben was good at staying in contact with us and always open to questions and suggestions. He was professional from beginning to end and we would recommend his services to anyone who is looking for wedding photographs that are vibrant, fun, romantic, and capturing the spirit of the day. Ben is fun to be around and easy to talk to, which is important when you are spending one of the most important days of your life with him nearby the entire time!
After the wedding, he kept us updated on the editing progress and we were happily surprised when he dropped off a framed "sneak peek" image before the rest were complete. We will treasure these photographs for the rest of our lives.

Services Used: Photography

We were so happy we chose Red Bell to do our wedding pictures. They turned out beautiful. Ben and Jeff were so personable and professional. I highly would recommend them for any special event. We wanted to do our engagement pictures in Philly because that is where my husband and I met. Without a hesitation Ben said he would gladly do our shoot and told us that the whole day was ours to go and shoot wherever we wanted in the city, which was very nice. He really puts a great deal of time and effort into his work.

Services Used: Photography

I am reviewing Red Bell Photo before I get all my pictures back, but I can tell you that Ben Resine was GREAT to work with!! He was easy to communicate with, but more than anything - his prices are insanely good!! I mean, incredible!! He sent me 4 teaser pictures and I already know that the quality of my photos are wonderful. The VALUE is awesome! Ben seemed to be an off the cuff guy, but if you give him a shot list, he will make sure he gets them. The best part was that I barely noticed him at all during the event (other than the formal pictures we took), but when I needed him to get something happening RIGHT NOW, he was there! A little "Ben!" shout and he was on it! I cannot WAIT to see the shots he got. My hubby and I are super easy-going and he was rolling with us. Whether that's actually his personality or not, I'm not entirely sure. If not, he has a way of working with people! I highly recommend his services!

Services Used: Photography

Ben was awesome! He did our engagement and wedding pictures. We waited until the last minute to do our engagement pictures (about a month before the wedding) but he provided a quick turn around so we could use some of the pictures in our wedding guestbook. The engagement session was a great way for us to get to know each other - my husband thought the whole idea of getting engagement pictures taken was silly, but after working with Ben he wished we had done the pictures sooner! Ben had great ideas and also listened to some of our suggestions. On our wedding day he captured everything from start to finish, taking all of the pictures I had requested as well as plenty of others. He got great pictures of my family at the reception, and I have received many compliments on our pictures. He is friendly and personable, humble and knowledgeable, professional and punctual, and just is good at what he does. I recommended him to a co-worker for her wedding, and he took great pictures there too. I was excited to see him again, and he took a picture of my husband and me, "for old time's sake." He takes great pictures and is very affordable. I highly recommend that you check him out and see for yourself!

Services Used: Photography

Ben Resine is an amazing photographer! He photographed my husband and I for our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures. He showed up on time to the wedding day, even though we were running behind. The first thing he did for us girls was run out and get us some much needed iced coffees! I noticed that he took a lot of pictures of the details so I am excited to see these. He made me feel really relaxed when taking photos and he was easy to talk to. If there was a specific picture that I wanted he was sure to make it happen. He was very discreet during the ceremony and the reception. I barely noticed that he was there. The following day he sent me 5 pictures that he gave as samples. They were amazing. He also gave us an enlarged, framed picture as a gift. I would definitely recommend Ben as your wedding day photographer.

Services Used: Photography

Working with Red Bell Photo was amazing! We are fortunate to have worked with them for 2 weddings as well as our engagement photos. Ben is great, any questions, concerns, or ideas we had about specific pictures he was right on top of! His work is out of this world and provides you with some samples shots just days after the event to hold you over until all the other pictures are finished (which is also extremely fast!) I would recommend Red Bell Photo's to anyone looking for a photographer! He is extremely affordable and provided his services to us from 9am-10pm at an extrememly affordable rate! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with everythign.

Services Used: Photography

Ben was great and we had a fun time with pictures and at the wedding he did his thing didnt even know he was taking 1000 pictures! Definitely would recommend him to anyone!

Services Used: Photography

Ben from Red Bell Photography did our engagement photos and all the photography for our wedding. We were extremely pleased with him. He got a variety of shots from formal to candid, and managed to cover and get everything. There were tons of photos for memories. We would recommend Red Bell Photography to anyone!

Services Used: Photography

Ben was great to work with from beginning to end. He was very prompt with emails and got everything back to me within two months of the wedding, and periodically updated us on his progress so we weren't left wondering. He is such a nice, friendly person that he made us feel very comfortable during the engagement session. I was very satisfied with the end product of the engagement and wedding pictures. I have gotten lots of (unprompted) praise for them.

Since we had a bigger wedding, and Ben usually photographs solo at events, we wanted to make sure there was a second photographer. Ben was completely open to having a friend of ours be a second shooter. He even went above and beyond and met with him months beforehand to make sure they were on the same page so that at our wedding there were no mishaps.

Just a couple of things: The ones he got were great, but I do wish we had a few more of just myself and my husband together at the wedding. I also asked him for one or two specific shots which we didn't get.

As for value, he is one of if not THE best-priced professional photographers we found. The complimentary engagement session was a very nice bonus. It was pretty much the deciding factor for us, plus his website is one of the best we saw. Overall, we would recommend RedBell Photo as someone highly professional, personable, and reasonably-priced. Thank you RedBell Photo!

Services Used: Photography

“Photography can never grow up if it imitates some other medium. It has to walk alone; it has to be itself” – Berenice Abbott, American photographer (1898—1991)

There are professional photographers, there are artists who practice photography, and then there are those who strike that seemingly impossible balance of professional and artist. (There are, of course, those who try and strike that balance but fail when they allow too much of one to invade the other, neglecting the needs of either client or self.)

Professional Photographers, while perfectly equipped in experience and gear, will listen to your instructions and depending on temperament (yours and theirs) will take only a few creative liberties of their own. They know what works, what sells, and usually master their craft with this mindset. This is fine and well if you’re looking for the expected in event or lifestyle photography. You will get what you paid for, cordially and promptly, but nothing more.

Artists, imaginative and often uncompromising in their creative licenses, have their own agendas. Speaking from experience – I work in an art museum in DC and work predominantly with emerging and living artists – I can tell you that great artists are not always great collaborators. They see what they see, they want what they want, and they hear what they want to hear – a working relationship that almost always leaves me equally exhausted and inspired. Whether blindly confident or humbly brilliant, artists have something that many of us do not (but pretend we do): fearless originality. They’re not seeking to replicate or reuse an image or an idea. Their works may be inspired by other sources but the art is essentially original. Artists communicate emotions and feelings that are otherwise inexpressible, creating an opportunity for a real experience.

Ben Resine for RED BELL PHOTO is one of those who successfully sustain this duality of professional and artist. Although I consider Ben an artist first and a photographer second, his visions align perfectly parallel. I think he accomplishes this through perhaps the only common factor between successful professional and successful artist: a solid work ethic. He is devoted to his business, to his passion for photography, and ultimately I think, to pleasing others. Ben not only captures the people and environment of your special day, he captures the feeling. He’s able to do this because he sees differently; he’s an artist first, photographer second, but maintains the balance.

I hired Ben for my wedding photographs in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia; for a post-wedding excursion in Manhattan; as well as contracted with him to photograph several programs with visiting artists, musicians, and scholars at my museum in DC. Ben’s scope of experience is broad; he’s able to work with various venue types and approach any challenge with an open mind. Whether a book signing, artist conversation, in-gallery performance, or intimate wedding, he is able to capture the experience and the emotions of the event.

When you hire Ben for your wedding or special event be honest with what you want out of your photographs and then give him the space to work. Trust that his professional-artist duality will provide you with much more than what you could have ever expected.