Receptions Conference Centers

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.2

From the moment that I started looking for venues and I got to speak with Kayla at Receptions; I feel in love with Receptions. They have the best packages and deals in town. I haven't seen anyone be able to beat their prices and offer you so much. Everyone is so kind, friendly, and warm.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception in the Buckeye / Butler Rooms at Fairfield Receptions on 12/12/14. Our captain Diane was great! She kept the room flowing. She met us when we got there, talked with our DJ, and everything ran smoothly. She took care of my husband and I with some cheese, fruit and crackers for back at the hotel that night. Everything was just the way I envisioned it!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot recommend Receptions (we used the Fairfield location) highly enough. We chose them because of their reasonable prices (best I could find for all they provided), amount of services and amenities offered, great venue and awesome customer service, and we could not have been happier. The first time we sat down to talk with a representative, it was a much more relaxed atmosphere than any other place we had looked, which we liked. They were able to accommodate easily every question or concern we had, and they always got back to us quickly. The food was great and we got lots of compliments from guests on it. My favorite thing about it, though, was how easy and stress-free the staff at receptions made our wedding reception for us. I am told that weddings can be very stressful occasions, especially for the bride, but luckily I never experienced that. We did not have to worry about anything! All we did was show up for a tasting and a meeting prior to our wedding date, and then showed up for our actual reception and everything was perfect and ran so smoothly. We are so grateful to Receptions for making our wedding a night that my husband and I, as well as our guests, got to enjoy to the fullest and will remember forever!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Receptions what so great to work with! They were affordable, and worked so well with us. It's so nice that they include everything there including the food and drink, and offer cakes as well (which we did not do). As our wedding day drew near, I had many questions that I would continue to think of to make sure everything was perfect. I sent a lot of emails to our contact, and most of the time I received a response the same day, and it was always a great and helpful answer. A+ for these people!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception was wonderful...food was great and staff were so helpful and attentive. Becky was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process.

1 Review
1+ year ago

Everything was perfect thanks to doug

Jen
1+ year ago

Staff was amazing, thanks to everyone who took care of us. It was hectic and we were late and everyone was so professional. Guests complimented us on the food and service.

Sarah
02/01/2014

Kerri was so helpful planning everything before the wedding, and was really good about getting back with you, meeting with you and answering any questions! During the wedding Andrea was a huge help anything I needed she was there!! Thanks REceptions this place was great, beautiful and everything we wanted!!!!

2.7

They forgot food!

When we went through the buffet line one of our side items was missing. We paid for a package that contained 2 meat offerings and 3 compliments. Our Pasta side dish was no where to be found. It was very unfortunate because we did have a few vegetarians at our wedding and that was their entree option.

When I approached the Captain for the evening she said it wasn't on the list. At that point the chef could not do anything and we were out of luck. The chef did try and make it right by offering an extra hour for free, but then we would have had to pay our DJ too.

I did speak to someone at corporate after the event who could not provide a good reason as to what had happened. Please make sure you have someone check everything for you, it also wouldn't hurt to call the venue the day before and do a double confirm.

3.2

During the 13+ months of planning, Receptions went through an ownership change and several wedding coordinators. It was extremely frustrating communicating with them until one finally stayed long enough. I won’t go through all the mess-ups and confusions with the ownership change, because I think at this point those hiccups have been worked out since most have booked with the current owners. What I will go over is the weeks leading up and day of. Our coordinator was difficult to communicate with. I would email her asking very specific information, in response getting vague answers. About 7 weeks before the wedding I met with her to finalize all the options (ie menu, floor plan, times, ect). Everything was written up and she sent me a copy. Fast forward to wedding day and the reception… Food was missing. I go through the line with the Capitan (who was Amazing) and we were missing one of our side dishes. That’s a big thing to miss on a wedding. The Capitan and chef tried to make it right by offering to extend the reception by an hour, but the damage was done.

12/28/2013

I had an overall wonderful experience with Receptions - Fairfield, OH location. They were very easy to work with during the planning process. They were always quick to respond to emails, calls, and all questions. Everyone there is very professional and extremely helpful. We really enjoyed the taste testing evening and that helped with our meal selections. I also really like how you meet with them a week or two in advance and you discuss all the details of your Reception- you choose your center pieces, linen color, uplighting colors, food selection and discuss all of your vendors. My sister had her reception here in 2010 and everything was great. That is why I also chose to have mine there too! They were very accommodating and available throughout the entire process for help. Our "leader" for the night, Diane was amazing !! She helped the night run so smoothly and was so friendly to everyone!! Receptions is awesome because they pretty much do everything for you which makes life a lot easier for you especially since so much other planning and time is involved even outside of the Reception realm. They set everything up exactly how you want and take everything down. They will also had things for you as long as you provide the extras and explain where you want them to be. Example, I did extra icicle lights under the bridal party and cake tables and we did extra candles (fake tea lights) on every table, added pictures to our cake table and also had a picture slideshow. They did all of these extras for us ! We just had to drop them off in advance in well marked containers with descriptions of where exactly they go. Several guests had very positive comments about our reception ! :) I would definitely recommend them and feel that they are a good value for what you get. Also, the food is delicious !

1+ year ago

The people who work here are the best ever!

Nancy
09/22/2013

Would HIGHLY recommend Receptions! Both Cassie and then Shannan were so very accommodating. We had to plan the wedding on short notice and when everyone else laughed at me, they were able to give us a beautiful room, and a wonderful package. Everyone complimented the food, the service, and it was so helpful to have them place our favors and other items for us! Having Mindy's Cakes on site was another blessing. Thanks to everyone at Receptions - Sincerely, Nancy Feverston

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were extremely helpful and accommodating (especially Diane). They were professional, friendly, and the food was GREAT!

Ashley
08/02/2013

I would DEFINITELY suggest this reception hall!!!
Cons:There were some communication issues by misquoting me for a reception. If you work there you should know what budgets you can work with and what you can't. It got worked out as best it could with the manager and I ended up having a fantastic experience. When I got there the head caterer was a bit snippy with me telling me we didn't have time for something because I was late. We were the wedding party, we were not late to our own reception, period. Apparently she was unaware that we were taking pictures and the first hour was a cocktail hour, I don't know.
Pros: Other than those two things, everything else was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere was great, the rooms are great, they staff made sure we got our food first and even carried my plate for me and got us drinks. It's a fantastic place to have wedding, the food is amazing every time!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had some communication breakdowns...but all in all it was a beautiful ceremony and reception...the food was EXCELLENT