Rebecca Shepherd floral design

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebecca Shepherd is a Floral Fairy Godmother! She made all of my floral dreams come true. Not only was she wonderful to work with, but she totally understood the vision that I wanted for my wedding and executed it beyond my wildest dreams. I definitely cried when I first walked into the venue to see her floral masterpieces and couldn't believe they were made for me. I cant recommend her enough!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I simply cannot recommend Rebecca enough. When I came to her to do my wedding flowers with only a vague understanding of what I wanted (blush color palette, garden-like, a bit wild), she was able to interpret (a thousand times better than I could) what I actually wanted, and ended up giving me so much more. It was her suggestion to add a small pop of burgundy to the color palette, which made our arrangements stand out in such a gorgeous way. Our bouquets and small corsages were simply perfect - everyone was so impressed with them and I received compliments the entire night. I found out only later that because our tent was so hot during the set up of our wedding that Rebecca spent hours spritzing the arrangements to make sure they stayed fresh for the evening. If one flower wilted during the course of our 85 degree night, I don't think anyone noticed, but it's this level of care that she puts into her work that I think really sets her apart from other florists. If you can book her, do it, because booking her was one of my best decisions for my wedding.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebecca had an uncanny ability to encapsulate our aestthetic into her arrangements. She put together breathtaking tablescapes and beautiful field flower arrangements that adorned our tables and the trellis for our ceremony.

Besides her stunning work and clear talent, I most admire her integrity and professionalism. Recbecca treated us with respect and was ultimately able to deliver above and beyond for our wedding. I am so thankful and fortunate to have had her as my florist and would recommend her in a heartbeat for any wedding.

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebecca was, bar none, the best vendor I've ever worked with in planning any event. Not only is she incredibly talented (you need only look at her website for proof of this), but she is also the most thoughtful, understanding, helpful, and hard-working vendor out there. She crafted an online inspiration book for us, answered any and all questions I had within usually 24 hours, and she even spoke with me on the phone numerous times to flesh out my sometimes haphazard ideas with patience and care. At one point she even offered to go to the floral market the morning OF my wedding (IE at 6 AM) to change out the whole set of centerpiece flowers because I had second thoughts about the look of them against the table cloths. This all goes to say she is amazing. She is truly passionate about her work and she got me excited about it too. She went above and beyond for the cocktail centerpieces (and above and beyond what we paid her to do) because she was inspired by her creations. What other vendor does that??? I don't know many people like Rebecca. I know she had us in mind the entire time and she just planned our wedding flowers with precision, care, and focus. People raved about the cocktail and reception centerpieces (I mean RAVED). Walking into my reception was everything I could have imagined and more. She turned my dream wedding into a reality, and she had a warmth, glow, and friendliness about her while doing it. My bouquets were stunning, everything was stunning. Seriously, Rebecca is amazing, and I wouldn't recommend any vendor more. If ever I get to throw another party, she's top on my list.

• Wedding: 04/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow! Rebecca's talent is unmatchable! Her floral designs are absolutely stunning and her ideas with respect to the decor to create the look I wanted were creative, elegant, romantic and beautiful, exactly what I was looking for and perfect for our winter white wedding full of branches, white flowers, tree stumps, candles, lanterns and centerpieces. Walking down the aisle to the gorgeous branch arbor she created was like walking in the woods in the winter. Rebecca is not only incredibly talented but is extremely professional, super responsive, warm and kind. She goes above and beyond in many ways. For example, when she went to the market to buy/order our flowers, she saw some white quince branches in bloom that we didn't account for in our contract but because she thought they would be perfect for our wedding, she went ahead and purchased them anyway. Look no further and choose Rebecca for your wedding, she is the absolute best in NYC and a joy to work with.

• Wedding: 02/01/2014
kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin? Not only did Rebecca Shepherd create gorgeous floral arrangements and a beautiful chuppah for our wedding, but she was an even lovelier person to work with throughout the process. She went out of her way to bring our vision to life, and the results were magical.

Definitely visit her if you get the chance! Many thanks Rebecca!!

• Wedding: 11/23/2013
Elisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I initially started thinking about flowers, we had only a vague idea of what we wanted for our wedding. We knew we wanted different; we knew we wanted kind of fallish but not over-the-top; we knew how much we wanted to spend; and we knew, above all else, that we wanted a floral designer who was reliable. After meeting with a few florists, the choice was obvious-- Rebecca, absolutely.

Through loads and emails back and forth, Rebecca helped me to hone in on a "look." Over the course of my engagement, we emailed many times. Rebecca was always friendly, helpful, and flexible when it came to adding or deleting things from our initial agreement. Then, a few weeks before the big day, we met up again and selected beautiful and unique props for our centerpieces (books, oil lamps, votives, etc), and we were set! I was totally excited. I knew we were going to have the most gorgeous wedding!

A thing I learned about wedding planning is that you can envision and envision, but you never really know what your wedding will look like until you actually see it in person.

When Rebecca arrived that morning with my bouquets and decor I realized that she understood my vision better than I understood it myself. I have never had a person know what I wanted more than I knew! Every single thing that she came with was outstanding, BY FAR exceeding my expectations (which were high!). I was completely blown away. Rebecca delivered more than she promised, throwing a few extra flowers in places I didn't even expect to see them (a few around our card box, for example)! They totally tied our whole aesthetic together. It was just beautiful.

I do not have enough good words to say about Rebecca Shepherd and everyone she works with. If you are looking for a floral designer in Brooklyn, you will not be disappoint. Amazing, amazing, amazing

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin? Two weeks after our wedding, my flowers still bring tears to my eyes at how perfect they were when I look at the pictures. Everything from our ceremony space to the memory table to the reception tables to the bouquets and boutonnieres will be my most favorite part of our whole day. What Rebecca described as "Frenchy Rock n' Roll" got us and our style down to a "T." With our love of all things French and vintage with that rock n' roll edge, Rebecca created a wonderland of visual florals that only leaves me saying, I felt like the luckiest girl ever to walk into that room and see the transformation Rebecca had created. I am a bride who will always remember the way the flowers looked and smelled, the detail and care that went into every opened petal, every burning oil lamp, every baby breath, every crystal draped from our wish tree, every flickering teal taper candle and every strategically placed vintage book on those tables. Rebecca is beyond a talented florist. She "sees" and "reads" people to create things that they haven't even thought of in their wildest dreams. I feel so fortunate to have worked with her and every meeting and conversation from the jump was a pleasure and joy. I cannot rave about her enough, as a vendor and as a person. She is professional, organized and detail oriented all while maintaining the warmth and familiarity of an old friend. Do yourself a favor and hire this floral master for your event. She will create memories for you through her work that are unparalleled and leave you breathless from beginning to end. Let her transport you into a magical world you could only dream of!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I think about my favorite element and/or vendor of our wedding, I have to say it was the flowers. Rebecca is so creative and inspired. Friends and family could not stop gushing about the arrangements, the holders, the colors, the textures... Everyone took photos and everyone was stunned.

We met with Rebecca at her studio and we instantly clicked. It felt as though we'd been friends for years. I selected photos of her work in which I adored the colors, or the textures, or the vases, etc. We talked about personalities and things that make us click. Things in general that we like (not even pertaining to flowers, but just things in life). During the meeting she brainstormed and grabbed a few vases and candlesticks and we agreed they were cool. We had quite a bit of back and forth via email about extras like table runners, or aisle adorments, but we didn't talk about actual flowers or what any of it would actually look like. Somehow this felt totally fine and we knew we were in very capable hands. When we arrived at the venue our jaws dropped. It was as if we'd gone over every detail with her, it was THAT PERFECT. Everything. I know this seems silly, but it was so perfect that I felt an emotional connection to it.

Rebecca never made us feel embarrassed about our budget or lack there-of. Our venue took up most of our money and we nearly went without flowers because of it. She honored our budget and never pushed us toward things that would increase the price. She told us about them, so we were well aware, and in the end we did add more things that put us over budget, but those decisions were completely ours alone.

I can't wait for our professional photos to come back so I can see Rebecca's gorgeous work all over again. She is a mind-reader, a flower-whisperer, and a complete and utter genius.

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was such a joy to work with Rebecca on our wedding. She's impeccably organized, professional and prepared, easy to talk to, and has the rare ability to glean what you envision your wedding to look like even when you can't exactly express it.

Our venue was a restaurant housed in a 19th-century brownstone. It has a minimalist aesthetic, with very little decor and lots of white space. Rebecca made it just pop with gorgeous color. The tablescapes she created with bell jars and bud vases were exquisite, and filled with vibrant orchids, anemones, ranunculus, moss and succulents. It was so marvelous and whimsical – I felt as though fairies would fly out of the blooms.

Rebecca also pitched the idea of doing a birch pole back drop for our ceremony in the backyard. I hadn't put too much thought into ceremony flowers, and I can't express how grateful I am that she suggested it. It was so romantic, and will look absolutely phenomenal in our photos.

Our guests couldn't stop complimenting our flowers. I thought one friend put it best when she described everything as "majestically beautiful."

I believe that the most important thing you take away from your wedding day is how it felt, and not necessarily how it looked. However, what Rebecca created visually only enhanced the absolute joy and love I experienced during those few hours.

Rebecca makes magic happen. I can't recommend her highly enough.

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so fortunate to have the pleasure of working with Rebecca Shepherd for our wedding recently. Rebecca is an artist and created lush and beautiful floral pieces that perfectly accented our outdoor wedding at Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

I don't know much about flowers, but I showed her what I liked and she was able to put together an overall style and look for our wedding day. Her knowledge of the venue was so helpful and she was able to create pieces that accented the venue flawlessly. She created a garland of hops to decorate the chain enclosures that bordered the small lake in the park we were on and it was a complete show stopper. I have never seen anything like this and it was all her idea. The flower crown she created for me was jaw dropping. I received endless compliments on it. It was so unique and perfect. Rebecca was so flexible and open to all kinds of ideas and looks. She keeps a Google + folder for all of your inspiration photos and was great about adding new things. Rebecca Shepherd is a gem and we are thrilled to have had her as part of our day.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were lucky to find Rebecca Shepherd and her beautiful flower arrangements for our wedding this past June. Her creations were sophisticated and distinct, with uniquely interesting combinations of colors and flowers. Rebecca understood exactly what we were looking for, from the bouquet and table arrangements to the huppah, and assembled a complete package that was related, coherent and on budget. Professional and prepared, Rebecca ensured that we had enough boutonnieres to outlast four active nephews. By working so seamlessly with our other vendors and the venue, Rebecca and her staff allowed us to thoroughly enjoy planning and celebrating our wedding without any drama or distractions. Thank you Rebecca, your work was outstanding!

• Wedding: 06/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebecca Shepherd was the very first vendor that we booked - The minute I stumbled upon her website (thankfully!) I knew that she was the florist that I wanted to work with for our wedding. Her floral arrangements are unique, timeless, romantic, vintage, and modern all wrapped into one! She has her own unique flair that is totally recognizable as being off the charts amazing every time - I have never seen another florist do what she does. When we met I told her about our color tones and things that had caught my eye, and she immediately began an online album for us with pictures and ideas for flowers based on what I liked. We continued to add to the album throughout the planning process. I should note that I know nothing about flowers, but she completely understood what I wanted right off the bat. I knew that her work was beautiful, but when I saw our reception room for the first time the flowers truly took my breath away. The attention to detail was absolutely incredible. The arrangements blew everything I had envisioned in my mind right out of the water. I cannot recommend Rebecca highly enough - she is kind, professional, super easy to work with, and an absolute artist when it comes to STUNNING floral arrangements.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Coleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot recommend Rebecca Shepard highly enough for floral arrangements for any special event. She is incredibly professional, creative, and highly organized. My initial meeting with her resulted in an online ‘book’ of ideas for flowers that I was able to look through and then discuss with her, whittling down the ideas to my eventual floral plan for my wedding. She has an eye for beautiful arrangements, and can be as traditional or as creatively modern as you want. She also has amazing props (birdcages, suitcases, etc.) that can add some character to your event. But, most importantly, she listens to everything you tell her, and makes copious notes. For me, her attention to detail resulted in a lovely surprise at my bridal shower, where my late-grandmother’s favorite flower (a gardenia) was highlighted in a touching arrangement, thanks to a behind-the-scenes conversation between her and my maid-of-honor. And, sitting next to me at my seat at the reception was a beautiful, single gardenia – a touching surprise from Rebecca, letting my grandmother be there in spirit for my wedding day. Thank you Rebecca, for making my wedding beautiful, and for being such a thoughtful person – your touching gift to me was unforgettable.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebecca is a true artist, incredibly professional, and a wonderful lady. She deserves ten stars.
She and her team (thank you Vincent!) transformed the venue where we got married, Housing Works Bookstore Cafe, into a dreamy, elegant, magical space. I knew the decor would be stunning based on her portfolio, but the tablescapes she created were even more breathtaking than I had anticipated. Everybody raved about her floral decorations. My bouquet was also lovely.

Unlike any of the other florists with whom I communicated to get quotes, Rebecca invited us to meet in person at her studio in South Slope to talk about possibilities. I did not have a color scheme for the wedding, only vague ideas about colors for the flowers and a wish for the space to be elegant and whimsical, and had a slightly conflicted idea of what I wanted -- romantic and vintage, or modern? To make things a little trickier, my fiance wasn't even sure that we should hire a floral designer, because of our budget. Rebecca read some of my hesitations and ambivalence very accurately during our chat, was incredibly patient, and at the end the design crystallized beautifully thanks to her suggestions. Our 8-footers and 12-footers were decorated with a very chic mix of small vessels with high and low floral arrangements, and mercury glass votives.

Rebecca worked fully within our (relatively "low", for NYC weddings) budget, and actually gave me the best quote by far out of three floral designers I contacted. After the first meeting we communicated via email, Google docs, phone, and even text message. She had a huge wedding coming up just two days before ours, but despite that was very responsive about all our queries. I really appreciated how helpful she was with many of our anxious questions and requests. Her designs were a highlight of our wedding -- and for the record, my husband is absolutely thrilled we hired Rebecca in the end. Wholeheartedly recommended!

• Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SO CREATIVE, SKILLED, AND FUN! We loved working with Rebecca and have recommended her to our friends. We gave her free reign and trusted her to make magic--- and she did :) She also has lots of fun containers, vintage items, etc that she lends out for the big day which was great!

• Wedding: 11/24/2012
646-245-5129
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards