Radhika Photography
Brooklyn, NY 11231  | map
Style: Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Value:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
My husband and I are in the process of putting together our wedding album and I wanted to take a moment to commend our wonderful photographer, Radhika.

We are so thrilled with the images. We have beautiful portraits and group photos (taken before the wedding) and a fantastic array of candids from the ceremony and reception. It's exactly what we wanted. Nothing looks forced or posed. There are some funny pictures, some expressive pictures, and some really beautiful and moving pictures. Every guest at our celebration appears in at least a few photos.

I found Radhika to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, and warm-hearted. I discovered her after an endless web search. We had a long chat on the phone, then, when we both decided it was a good fit, we discussed terms. I had a couple questions after we got the contract, which she answered, and then that was that. No surprises.

She showed up ahead of schedule on the big day and had thought about everything ahead of time (including allowing time to park the car, which can be a bloodsport in Brooklyn). It was a sunny but rather chilly day in April and I was freezing in my sleeveless wedding dress. I don't know how she did it, but I look happy and relaxed and like it's 75 degrees in every photo.

During the ceremony and reception she was there but barely visible. She was constantly photographing but never intrusive. She photographed everyone on the list I provided her ahead of time, and then before she left asked if there were any other photos we wanted. We got the online proofs a couple months after the wedding and were thrilled with the results.

Like most people, I'm my worst critic when it comes to how I look in photos, but I thought, wow, what a dazzling bride and groom! I'll tip my hat to the person who helped me with my makeup, and will give credit to just being happy on such a wonderful day, but I also think this is because we hired such an excellent photographer.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Katherine 7 Reviews
Radhika is a brilliant photographer who takes a serious and professional approach to her work. We are in the process of creating our album with her now and are absolutely thrilled with the images she captured. She listened to all of our preferences in terms of posed/unposed shots, but didn't hesitate to speak from her experience about what works, which we truly appreciated. She did an amazing job of capturing emotions, expressions, and intimate moments among the wedding party and guests. She was also very understanding of my nerves about our engagement photos and accommodated our schedule changes. If you are looking for a serious craftsperson with incredible skill, Radhika is the right photographer for you.
Wedding: 04/06/2013

Lydia S 1 Reviews
I cannot recommend Radhika highly enough. Radhika photographed our destination wedding in Cape Cod and she was outstanding in every way. Her peaceful, unobtrusive presence put us at ease and she made sure that we (and our guests) looked the very best version of ourselves, both candid and posed. Her photos bring the story of our weekend back to life; they really capture the emotions, beauty and special moments – even some we weren’t aware of at the time. Months later, her pictures still take my breath away.
Picking a photographer was a difficult process: most had nice photographs, friendly personalities and polished sales pitches, and it wasn’t easy to tell them apart. My old friend Radhika was the obvious choice, but I didn’t want her to have to “work my wedding”; I wanted her to enjoy the festivities. In the end, though, I didn’t believe that anyone could match her extensive experience (award-winning international photojournalist and wedding photographer); her beautiful portfolio; and her professional approach. She agreed to work with another photographer that we hired so that she could still enjoy the wedding.
Radhika was wonderful to work with. She helped us plan our schedule to get the photos we wanted without missing out on the party or our guests. She showed us examples of decorations/lighting that would enhance the reception photographs. She was undaunted by the noon sun that concerned other photographers we spoke to, using it to create the most beautifully lit photographs I have ever seen. Some of my favorites were from the end of the night when we lit sparklers on the bay – not only was Radhika still there to capture the moment, but her photos were stunning – she really knows how to work with any light to take amazing photographs. She even got up before dawn to photograph us dressed up at sunrise on the beach.
I never imagined that our photos could look so good. We are so grateful that Radhika was able to work with us.
Wedding: 09/15/2012

Private User 1 Reviews
We had the pleasure of having Radhika at our wedding and we couldn't be happier. When we first looked at our proofs, we had such a difficult time choosing which ones to use in our album since all of them are amazing.

We booked Radhika several months prior to the wedding. She did our engagement shoot inside Central Park and knew exactly where the best spots were and captured it beautifully. Radhika helped us coordinate our outfits for the engagement shoot, entertained our bike riding idea, and even spent extra time with us to make sure our photo session was a success! We displayed the engagement pictures in our guest signature book and our guests absolutely loved them.

For our wedding day, she did a great job listening to our wants and making sure they were met. We had a large wedding and at many times during the day, the flow was unpredictable, yet she managed to capture all the moments.

We’ll definitely be contacting Radhika for future family shoots.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We randomly came accross Radhika, and felt very comfortable to use her after reviewing her work. She did a great job and was very personable. I highly recommend her. She is trust worthy and really likes to do a good job.
Wedding: 04/12/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Hima 5 Reviews
Radhi understood the kinds of photos I wanted of my wedding and she delivered! Despite hiccups like bad weather and some events running late, Radhi capture my wedding events just as I hoped she would. The quality of her work is impeccable, and even my guests recognized it when viewing photos online after the events! She continues to work with me in a thoughtful and detailed manner while I plan my album and portrait orders. Overall I am very happy that she and her team captured memories of that special time in my life!
Wedding: 10/31/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Radhika is simply amazing!

My wife and I got married in Central Park on the first weekend that same sex marriages were allowed in NY. The day was crazy, and it went by so incredibly fast. Radhika captured little moments that I didn't even remember happening until I saw the photos, which is incredible. The smallest facial expressions, the lone tear running down the side of my wife's face, a loving hug between friends... The things you think nothing of end up making the most powerful images and memories, and Radhika captured every one of them without us even noticing she was snapping away. She blended into the background during the ceremony and ended up capturing some truly amazing photos!

Her work is absolutely fantastic, and you won't find a more professional, more qualified photographer if you look for a hundred more years.
Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I’m simply in love with our wedding photographs -- they were far beyond anything I could have imagined. Radhika’s journalistic style really captured the spirit and emotions as well as the memories of our day. There are photos that make me smile and laugh each time I see them simply because they evoke such a vivid memory. I recommend Radhika highly. She didn’t just deliver amazing wedding photographs that we will cherish forever; she was instrumental in making our wedding day such a success!

I really wanted the perfect wedding photographs, and this was without question the most intimidating aspect of my wedding to plan. Radhika was a great match for me; she took the time to get to know me and what I was hoping my wedding day would be like, and then she guided me through the process of planning for the photography. She put together a wedding package for us that fit our needs (and our budget) as well as helped me to plan the timing of the day. Radhika provided service beyond our agreed upon contract, photographing the venue and landscape before her official workday started. While we considered other photographers who charged less, we chose Radhika for her overall value and quality of service and were not disappointed.

Our wedding day didn’t go exactly as planned (it’s my understanding that they rarely do), but Radhika kept us to our schedule and got all the photographs we wanted (and then some!). We took photographs before our ceremony, and my husband and I have such wonderful memories of trekking around the vineyard while Radhika recorded the natural beauty. It was a much needed break in the day for us to relax, have some quiet time and plenty of laughs before our ceremony began. I never once worried about the photography the day of our wedding. Radhika had everything scouted out ahead of time, captured every moment and adapted to last minute changes with ease. Our minister was apprehensive about allowing Radhika to take photographs during the ceremony, but later raved that she didn’t notice her at all since she was so discreet!
Wedding: 11/13/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We loved working with Radhika. She captured the true essence of our wedding, our joy, and our love for each other and our families. With everything going on on our wedding day, we were relieved to have in Radhika a partner whom we could trust and to whom we could truly "outsource" all our concerns about photography. With Radhika, there was never a point where we were worried that something would fall through the cracks. Also, the photos were stunning -- everyone commented on how beautiful our slide show was and the photos overall were of the highest quality. We'll enjoy the photos for the rest of our lives.
Wedding: 10/23/2010
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The photos of our wedding day turned out beautifully.

She was willing to talk to us about what we wanted and needed--and although she definitley has her own firm opinions about how she thinks things should be, she's willing to be flexible.

she's responsive and helpful--and her work speaks for itself.

Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Radhika was recommended to us by a photographer friend who had seen her work and loved it, even though he didn't know her personally. Upon seeing her work and meeting her, our choosing her to be our wedding photographer was the easiest wedding-related decision we made.

Radhika has spent a large part of her life as a photo journalist all around the world, including working with Anderson Cooper of CNN; consequently, her wedding photographs had a really fresh look, with an incredible focus on really interesting detail. She has the ability both to capture the spirit and the emotions of the wedding as well as to take elegant formal portraits Despite the number of weddings she photographs, each wedding album we saw of hers had a unique feel about it - unlike what one sees with many other wedding photographers’ works where brides and grooms seem substitutable from one set of photos to another.

In addition, Radhika was a delight to talk to and very patient in educating and guiding my husband and I on all kinds of wedding related issues which neither of us had ever paid attention to at the weddings we had attended. We loved the fact that she kept us organized so that she had time to scope out the location, figure out the lighting and plan ahead for what she and her assistant needed to do on the day.

We just sent out links to the photographs she took a couple of weeks ago and we have received a flood of compliments on her work: about the "action shots" she took of our friends and family, about her ability to capture the joy and laughter as well as the atmosphere and the setting, about the formal portraits. I'm sure we will delight in looking at these over the years.
Wedding: 07/24/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Radhika did an amazing job photographing our wedding. A colleague referred her to us as she had photographed his wedding and when we saw the portfolio she had put together for him, we were quite impressed. The other photographer we had been interviewing, while less expensive, did not have nearly the beauty in his photographs that we saw in hers. Even to our untrained eye we could see a difference in the quality. When we met Radhika to discuss our wedding we felt that we were in the hands of a real pro. That sealed the deal. Over time as our wedding planning progressed, Radhika always responded quickly to the anxious queries of the bride (and there were a few!) and explained how certain things would work such as timing, flow of the day, tradeoffs, etc. We felt fully informed. We also felt that she had a real understanding of what was most important for us to get out of the pictures. We were all well-prepared and on the same page. Well, best laid plans... can certainly be challenged and ours were! The day of our wedding coincided with the first winter storm of the season - a nasty mix of intense rain and snow. We had to make some quick decisions about how to accomodate the weather and certain shots were cancelled in favor of others - e.g., we drove to the church instead of walked - but Radhika reassured the anxious bride that it is the unexpected that would truly lead to remarkable photos and she was absolutely right. After the ceremony Radhika and the bridal party huddled as the rain turned to snow, and all agreed to proceed with the outdoor portrait session as planned. So off to Lincoln Center we went, with umbrellas and rain boots in tow. What can we say other than she was right - the pictures are stunning! She captured the vivid colors of the season, the rain/snow made for a dramatic backdrop, and the photos were beautifully lit even in the most challenging of weather. At the reception Radhika and her assistant discretely blended into the crowd and we were hardly aware of their presence so we were truly amazed with the number and variety of shots we got from the reception as we certainly did not experience the annoyance of having a camera in our face every minute! All in all we could not have been happier with our experience and would recommend Radhika without hesitation. Not only did we get a beautiful set of pictures, but she helped us through every step of the process and to deal with an unexpected weather challenge that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We cannot wait to share all the photos with our guests!
Wedding: 12/05/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I still can't believe that we had such a talented photojournalist that takes images of important people and events all over the world for our wedding. I was even surprised that we could afford to pay a photographer who takes such extraordinary photos.
I was in awe of Radhika's wedding photos on her website and couldn't believe we were able to contract her. I was so pleased with her work from the start of the process to the finishing stages. She is extremely professional as well as personable. She didn't mind speaking to me while she was abroad, she always responds to emails promptly and met with me and my husband in person before the big day. She helped us through the process of how to set up for light to obtain the best photographs- details I had no idea about. She was able to capture so many special moments from our wedding day. Her photos are creative, unique and beautiful to look at. I highly recommend Radhika!
Wedding: 07/18/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I got married a few months ago and am still so thrilled that Radhika was our photographer. I knew that the wedding would go by in a blur for me and really wanted someone who would photograph the authentic special moments but also compose beautiful posed portraits, and who could then help my husband and me create albums for ourselves and our parents. After many hours of researching NYC photographers and looking at countless online galleries and portfolios, I thought Radhika's work stood out for its use of color and light, and I loved how the glowy happiness of the couples really came out in the photos. She was amazingly responsive - we had several intercontinental calls (she was traveling for work at the time) before I even booked her services. I was also impressed at how thorough and thoughtful she was - she was the only photographer I contacted who wanted to know the precise wedding day schedule so that she could estimate the amount of natural light and time of sunset. Radhika is not the type of wedding photographer who has preset wedding "packages"; instead she customizes her services, which I liked because I knew what I needed and didn't need. For example, I wanted to add an engagement photo session, and Radhika worked with me to fit it into my schedule and budget. I was nervous about posing for the camera for two hours straight and it was also freezing that day, but her warm manner and relaxed style made us feel so comfortable that our pictures came out better than I'd ever hoped for.

Even now that the wedding is over, Radhika is so helpful in answering all of my borderline-obsessive questions about which pictures to enlarge and to put in the albums, etc. A few of my friends had nightmare stories about photographers who disappeared once the wedding was over and who took forever to put together the proofs and albums, but Radhika continued to be responsive and accommodating in the post-wedding phase of the process. She is a talented and professional photojournalist, but on top of that she's a wonderful person and a pleasure to get to know and work with, which also made this (very important) part of the wedding planning so much fun!
Wedding: 05/09/2009

beckystar 4 Reviews
Her work is amazing... a true artist. I highly recommend her!!!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Leafing through my wedding album, I feel as though I'm experiencing it all over again in real life. Radhi was like a fly on the wall snapping away the most precious moments of our wedding. I never even noticed her. It's been a year since our wedding and my mother still can't stop talking about how beautiful the pictures turned out!

She does great documentary style photography. She is very professional and understands your needs.
Wedding: 07/28/2007
 646-519-4493
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire