Rabbi Dennis Tobin

Rabbi Dennis Tobin

Maplewood, NJ 07040
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Single Religion Ce...
Religious affliliations: Jewish
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin adds a sense of humor to his service. He has a keen sense of reading the party and guests and personalizes the event accordingly. He never focuses on cost, instead he directs his attention to details of the event. He also is flexible and goes out of his way to accommodate any requests within reason.

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
Jodi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was the officiant for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with how the ceremony turned out. I’m catholic, my husband is Jewish, neither of us is very religious and we were struggling with how we should handle our wedding ceremony. Someone suggested Rabbi Tobin to us, at first we didn’t think we wanted a Rabbi for our ceremony, but I decided to give him a call anyway. After our first conversation I knew that he had to marry us! I was pretty stressed about some of the early wedding planning details and Rabbi Tobin put my mind to ease and made me laugh!
He took the time to actually get to know us and our relationship. He really gave me some of the best advice regarding dealing with our families and how to keep everyone happy. His best line for any tricky conversation was “The rabbi says...”, which quickly turned into our favorite saying. As much as I loved our ceremony I think the support he offered during our wedding planning was the best part.
However, our ceremony was amazing! He gave us exactly what we wanted and made it so memorable. He had beautiful words to say to us that he wasn’t just reading out of a book, and kept us and the whole audience laughing. He understood that my husband and I weren’t very religious and managed to make the perfect blend of traditions that made both of our families and us happy. We had so many people approach us after the wedding to tell us how much they loved the ceremony. It was definitely my favorite part of the day too! He was really the perfect choice for us and I would highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was great. Made us feel relaxed during the whole process, especially on our big day. If we had any concerns or questions he always made himself available. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the NY, NJ, or CT area. He is great!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was absolutely amazing. He was personable, supportive and he lead an unbelievable ceremony that our friends are still talking about!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin officiated my brother's wedding in 2001, and we were excited to have him officiate ours over 10 years later. The Rabbi was warm and funny, and he made an exceptional effort in the weeks leading up to the wedding to get to know me better, as well as my husband to be. The ceremony was wonderful -- exactly what we wanted it to be. We are grateful for Rabbi Tobin's role in our special day.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Dennis Tobin was a pleasure to be around and have as our officiant from day 1. He was always responsive and answered any questions or concerns we had . Rabbi Tobin provided guidance through out the whole process abt the ceremony and order of events. Rabbi Tobin conducted a beautiful , funny , and heartwarming ceremony for us . My
Husband and I received so many compliments on how amazing the chuppah ceremony was and it's all thanks to Rabbi Tobin!!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
Marina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was wonderful! We loved having him as part of our wedding from the very beginning of planning. He was warm, kind, funny and flexible with his schedule. Our guests all told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony he performed. I would 100% recommend Rabbi Tobin to any couples getting married.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was the perfect officiant on our wedding day. He was responsive to our desires and always just a phone call away. I'd recommend him to anyone who needs a Rabbi for their special events.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin said at cocktail hour everyone would be asking us where we were going on our honeymoon, how many kids we would have, etc. He was wrong. All everyone talked about was our ceremony! Everyone said we had the most beautiful ceremony they had ever seen. Rabbi Tobin helped me with all the typical Bride concerns anytime I needed him. We had an interfaith ceremony and he is very knowledgeable and respectful of both religions. Rabbi Tobin will give you a ceremony everyone will be talking about.

• Wedding: 08/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Dennis Tobin was an absolute pleasure to have officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was personal and emotional, but very light-hearted and entertaining at the same time. All of our guests noticed this and continued to compliment us about this all evening. Our day was running late and Rabbi Tobin did an amazing job keeping everyone calm and relaxed and incorporating our ketubah signing into the ceremony effortlessly, even though it wasn't planned in advance. He made the entire process so easy and I really enjoyed chatting with him over the phone prior to the wedding. I highly recommend Rabbi Tobin to all future bride and grooms!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Irina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin made my husband and myself feel very much at peace even through all the hustle and bustle! We never got the chance to meet him in person since we lived 3 hours away but had the wedding in NJ but got to skype with him and have long phone conversations! On the day of, he was wonderful. we did the run through and the ceremony was beautiful. I felt relaxed and loved by everyone :) No problems! Thanks again Rabbi Tobin!

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
Juliana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Dennis Tobin is a pleasure! He was easy to work with prior to our wedding. The day of the wedding he made us so comfortable. During the ceremony, he spoke of us like he knew us forever. Our guests loved him! He made our ceremony truly special! He even came back to do a special ceremony at midnight for us! We couldn't have asked for a better officiant. He included both our religions (jewish & catholic). Everything was just perfect! Thank you Rabbi Tobin!

• Wedding: 04/07/2014
Jilian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Rabbi Tobin on our wedding. He was responsive, friendly and extremely professional. Not only did he conduct an amazing ceremony but his experience helped us with our own planning process. In fact, his thoroughness saved us from ordering a custom made Ketubah that would have contained massive errors. We can't thank him enough for his guidance and care.

-He really is your Rabbi!

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was excellent all around. He assured us the ceremony would run smoothly and everything went as planned on the night of the wedding. Our biggest concern was we wanted the ceremony to be no more than thirty minutes. He listened and things went perfectly. Rabbi has a great personality and even met/talked with us several times to ease any nerves we had before hand. Overall, Rabbi Tobin was very easy to communicate with and always responded immediately to our phone calls. We would highly recommend Rabbi Tobin! T.R.S!!

• Wedding: 12/20/2013
Mike
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You would have to be crazy to use anyone but Rabbi Dennis Tobin. Hes the BEST!!!

• Wedding: 12/01/2013
Paul
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Tobin was amazing to work with. He made time for us no matter day or night. He conducted a beautiful and extremely touching ceremony that was just the right length of time. He took care of all details and took care of everything he needed to and more, even helping the bride with her dress on our way out of the ceremony.

• Wedding: 06/02/2013
973-762-0877
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire