Rabbi Dennis Tobin

Value
Flexibility
Marcy & Matt
07/19/2015

Rabbi Tobin was recommended by our photographer to officiate our wedding at The Madison Hotel, and we are so happy that he did. From the moment we met him he really put us at ease. He had a wonderful sense of humor and we received many compliments on how touching, beautiful and fun our ceremony was. He was extremely accommodating. He met with us on several occasions and answered our numerous questions. We would highly recommend Rabbi Tobin for any wedding ceremony.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Tobin was wonderful to work with. I found him through this website, and the reviews were spot on to the reactions we received and continue to receive about our wedding ceremony. Rabbi was very communicative, and easy to speak with. He gave wonderful suggestions, asked a lot of questions about us as a couple, and what we wanted for our ceremony. Both my husband and I felt very comfortable with using him as our officiant.

All of our guests have told us how wonderful they thought the ceremony was! They loved the Rabbi! During our first conversation Rabbi Tobin told me that he performs light hearted, beautiful ceremonies, and he was right!!!

Thank you again!

Jodi
10/19/2014

Rabbi Tobin adds a sense of humor to his service. He has a keen sense of reading the party and guests and personalizes the event accordingly. He never focuses on cost, instead he directs his attention to details of the event. He also is flexible and goes out of his way to accommodate any requests within reason.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Tobin was the officiant for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with how the ceremony turned out. I’m catholic, my husband is Jewish, neither of us is very religious and we were struggling with how we should handle our wedding ceremony. Someone suggested Rabbi Tobin to us, at first we didn’t think we wanted a Rabbi for our ceremony, but I decided to give him a call anyway. After our first conversation I knew that he had to marry us! I was pretty stressed about some of the early wedding planning details and Rabbi Tobin put my mind to ease and made me laugh!
He took the time to actually get to know us and our relationship. He really gave me some of the best advice regarding dealing with our families and how to keep everyone happy. His best line for any tricky conversation was “The rabbi says...”, which quickly turned into our favorite saying. As much as I loved our ceremony I think the support he offered during our wedding planning was the best part.
However, our ceremony was amazing! He gave us exactly what we wanted and made it so memorable. He had beautiful words to say to us that he wasn’t just reading out of a book, and kept us and the whole audience laughing. He understood that my husband and I weren’t very religious and managed to make the perfect blend of traditions that made both of our families and us happy. We had so many people approach us after the wedding to tell us how much they loved the ceremony. It was definitely my favorite part of the day too! He was really the perfect choice for us and I would highly recommend him.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Tobin married us twice in one year. The first time, my wife and I decided to quickly and officially marry, so that my mother could attend. You see we're an older couple, nearly 50 and my mother is an ailing 83 years old. Frankly we did not think she would make it til our official wedding date of October 11th, so we called Rabbi Tobin and he agreed to come to the venue, which was nice enough to open up for us on a Saturday in February 2014. With the warmest day in February and temps hitting the 60's, Rabbi Tobin performed a short, but lovely wedding ceremony for my wife and I, so that my mother would see us married before passing. It was in front of just a handful of our closest friends and family.

Fast forward 8 months and our official wedding date of October 11th 2014 arrives. My mother is still hanging on, so she gets to see us married a second time along with 100 or so guests, and there's Rabbi Tobin standing in front of us and our friends and family. Once again, he performs a lovely ceremony, mixing tradition, religion, a little vaudeville and an overall calm demeanor. 50 years old, getting married for the second time in a year and we were both still scared, so a calming voice and a steady hand carried us through.

The fact that Rabbi Tobin married us twice in a year, might be a first for him, who knows, but he treated each of these days like it was our most important day; period. Many guests commented to us later that they thought he was wonderful, striking just the right balance to appeal to everyone, and I could not agree more. A true professional, who I would not hesitate to recommend.

Recently Married

Rabbi Tobin was great. Made us feel relaxed during the whole process, especially on our big day. If we had any concerns or questions he always made himself available. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the NY, NJ, or CT area. He is great!

Recently Married

Rabbi Tobin was absolutely amazing. He was personable, supportive and he lead an unbelievable ceremony that our friends are still talking about!

Recently Married

Rabbi Tobin officiated my brother's wedding in 2001, and we were excited to have him officiate ours over 10 years later. The Rabbi was warm and funny, and he made an exceptional effort in the weeks leading up to the wedding to get to know me better, as well as my husband to be. The ceremony was wonderful -- exactly what we wanted it to be. We are grateful for Rabbi Tobin's role in our special day.

Marina
09/07/2014

Rabbi Dennis Tobin was a pleasure to be around and have as our officiant from day 1. He was always responsive and answered any questions or concerns we had . Rabbi Tobin provided guidance through out the whole process abt the ceremony and order of events. Rabbi Tobin conducted a beautiful , funny , and heartwarming ceremony for us . My
Husband and I received so many compliments on how amazing the chuppah ceremony was and it's all thanks to Rabbi Tobin!!

08/31/2014

Rabbi Tobin was wonderful! We loved having him as part of our wedding from the very beginning of planning. He was warm, kind, funny and flexible with his schedule. Our guests all told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony he performed. I would 100% recommend Rabbi Tobin to any couples getting married.

1+ year ago

Rabbi Tobin was the perfect officiant on our wedding day. He was responsive to our desires and always just a phone call away. I'd recommend him to anyone who needs a Rabbi for their special events.

Jeffrey
08/30/2014

Rabbi Tobin was very helpful from our first meeting in helping us plan for our big day, all the way through getting us our marriage certificates. He has a great personality, is available and professional. My wife and I could not have asked for a better ceremony. Rabbi Tobin exceeded our expectations and we recommend him highly.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Tobin said at cocktail hour everyone would be asking us where we were going on our honeymoon, how many kids we would have, etc. He was wrong. All everyone talked about was our ceremony! Everyone said we had the most beautiful ceremony they had ever seen. Rabbi Tobin helped me with all the typical Bride concerns anytime I needed him. We had an interfaith ceremony and he is very knowledgeable and respectful of both religions. Rabbi Tobin will give you a ceremony everyone will be talking about.

Irina
08/16/2014

Rabbi Dennis Tobin was an absolute pleasure to have officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was personal and emotional, but very light-hearted and entertaining at the same time. All of our guests noticed this and continued to compliment us about this all evening. Our day was running late and Rabbi Tobin did an amazing job keeping everyone calm and relaxed and incorporating our ketubah signing into the ceremony effortlessly, even though it wasn't planned in advance. He made the entire process so easy and I really enjoyed chatting with him over the phone prior to the wedding. I highly recommend Rabbi Tobin to all future bride and grooms!

Juliana
08/10/2014

Rabbi Tobin made my husband and myself feel very much at peace even through all the hustle and bustle! We never got the chance to meet him in person since we lived 3 hours away but had the wedding in NJ but got to skype with him and have long phone conversations! On the day of, he was wonderful. we did the run through and the ceremony was beautiful. I felt relaxed and loved by everyone :) No problems! Thanks again Rabbi Tobin!

Daria
06/28/2014

Rabbi Tobin co-officiated our interfaith (Jewish + Catholic) wedding at the Princeton University chapel in June, and it was a spectacular event! From the first time we reached out to him, it was clear that Rabbi Tobin was both experienced in interfaith weddings, and able to hold the attention of a crowd! He helped to connect us with our Deacon co-officiant, and they worked closely together to make sure that our ceremony was exactly what we wanted, with a strong mix of both Jewish and Catholic elements, and truly representative of our relationship and love story. Our family and friends all commented on how warm and fun the ceremony seemed -- not stuffy or overly formal -- as well as on how meaningful it was. Rabbi Tobin was very responsive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process as well, offering hints and help for finding out Ketubah, the marriage license process, and more. He was also extremely prepared, with all of the elements needed to pull off a flawless ceremony.