Rabbi Alan Stein- NewYorkRabbi.com

Rabbi Alan Stein- NewYorkRabbi.com

Jewish Ceremonies - liberal to traditional! You decide!

479 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview,, NY 11803 | map
Services: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single ...
Religious affliliations: Jewish
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Stein officiated at our wedding and we were extremely happy with the ceremony. We met with him a couple of times beforehand to discuss what we wanted, and Rabbi Stein truly delivered. He included just the right amount of Jewish and Catholic rituals and just the right amount of humor. Many of our guests came up to us and complimented us on our Rabbi, saying how beautiful the ceremony was and yet at the same time funny. We found Rabbi Stein online and it was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Rabbi Stein online and, boy, am I glad. He is very flexible and has a great sense of humor. He met with us twice before the wedding and was very personable and understanding.

This rabbi will go out of his way for you and is worth every penny for his time. He was a big hit at my wedding because he has done other wedding of my guests!

I highly recommend Rabbi Stein.

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Rabbi Stein through a google search and what a perfect match for us. Our wedding was interfaith but I'm in the process of converting, Rabbi Stein was open minded with our unconventional situation and open minded enough to marry us a little before sundown on a sat. Rabbi Stein was not only Witty but he kept a good pace through the ceremony and made the seven blessings easy to understand with some translations for the non Jewish guests. The rabbi has an amazing voice which should also be noted. We had many guests comment on how great he was.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We love Rabbi Stein! We booked Rabbi Stein about a year before the wedding and we met with him many times before our June 23, 2012 wedding day. He was always eager and available to meet with us! He really wanted to get to know us so that he could personalize our ceremony and make it about us, and we loved that! He got personal stories/letters from us that were read at the wedding, and this was a really special part of our ceremony. He remembered everything we discussed with him during our meetings and our ceremony was beautiful. Many people have since asked "who was our Rabbi" and they have commented that he was funny, did a good job of explaining the Jewish traditions during the ceremony, and that he was not too long winded!
We had a Saturday evening wedding, before sundown. Rabbi Stein, unlike others, is willing to do services during the Sabbath. He got to our wedding extra early to ensure that we would start on time and he was extremely professional and friendly- with a good sense of humor! We recommend Rabbi Stein to all our family and friends and we definitely hope to work with Rabbi Stein again--maybe for a baby naming in the future.
- Rachel and Jonathan

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I found Rabbi Stein's services by way of an Internet search, and despite this unorthodox way of finding an officiant, his service was anything but. I cannot rave enough about Rabbi Stein and what a pleasure it was getting to know him and what a special job he did officiating our wedding. Rabbi Stein is patient, warm, attentive, personable and professional. We appreciated his counsel and the time he spent getting to know us as a couple. Rabbi Stein provided guidance to my husband and I during an emergency the day of the wedding - going well above and beyond the usual duties of a wedding officiant. When he conducted the ceremony it was not only a true reflection of our values but genuinely personal and intimate. He also has an incredible singing voice. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the ceremony was.

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Stein was actually the last vendor we booked. We were hoping for my childhood Rabbi but for various personal reasons he couldn't be there that day. We booked Rabbi Stein with two months to spare before the wedding and met with him a month before our date. I was a little nervous since he is by training a lawyer and the Rabbi gig is on the side, but he is also a Cantor on Friday nights and had a wonderful singing voice during our ceremony. He tried to get personal stories from us to tell at the wedding which was a nice touch.

The best things of note for those looking for a low-key Jewish ceremony is that Rabbi Stein, unlike others, is willing to do services during the Sabbath. He was also willing to accomodate us when we wanted a close friend to read our vows.

• Wedding: 12/22/2007
516-365-8809
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire