Quinn's Goldsmith

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We purchased our wedding bands from Quinn's. We often go to Quinn's just to window shop! It is a beautiful store in beautiful downtown Occoquan. All the people that work there are so nice and helpful. They are not pushy and won't take you straight to the most expensive. They do have some very expensive pieces but they work with your budget. We ordered our bands at the last minute but it was no problem. We had our rings within 2 weeks! I highly recommend Quinn's.

Services Used: Jewelry

Quinn's was fantastic. Staff was very friendly and eager to answer any questions we had. Great selection, and friendly service lead me to recommend Quinn's Goldsmith to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: Jewelry

I purchased my wedding ring from Quinn's. Jennifer helped us out and she was wonderful.

When we went to order the ring, there was a rainstorm and the store had lost power earlier. We managed to catch the manager/owner locking up. He opened back up for us, and called Jennifer in, and she was able to take care of us so that i could get the order in. The ring came in really fast. They were so nice to us! Also, the ring i bought i found at other stores, but their prices were much better, by around $300.00!

4.7

we ordered a necklace and earrings for the wedding attire. They arrived very quickly, along with a free gift. I would HIGHLY recommend this tiara.

Private User
[Private]

I loved my interactions with the owner, Mr. Quinn, and Keri, a sweet blond girl who helped me with my ring. There was another woman there (I don't remember her name) who was a little scatterbrained and not as professional as Keri, but that didn't ruin our experience overall. The rings we purchased (both wedding bands and my engagement ring) were beyond beautiful, and the staff at Quinn's were so careful and pleasant to deal with.
One tiny stone fell out of my band a week or so after my engagement, and I promptly took it back to them and they repaired it as quickly as possible for no additional charge. Thanks Quinn's!

Angela
10/11/2014

Quinn’s was recommended by a coworker of my finance’s as well as by the mom of a friend. My fiancé and I had gone to two other very popular area jewelers’ only to be very disappointed with both the selection and quality of service. The other jeweler’s did not present me with options based on what I had described and only brought rings that were out of budget. At Quinn’s Laura was able to help me identify what I wanted and even though they did not have it in the store she brought over the jeweler to explain to me how they could create it. The engagement ring turned out exactly how I imagined it and in few weeks my fiancé and I will be returning to Quinn’s to purchase our wedding bands.

Services Used: Jewelry

We LOVE Quinn's!!! My husband bought my engagement ring and Wedding band here! We will always go to Quinn's first for our jelwery needs!

Services Used: Jewelry

VJ was great working with my new husband on finding a band perfect for him. He listened to everything that he wanted and didn't want in his new ring. Not only did we buy a ring for him but a band for myself on a not-so typical engagement ring. A shock to us that there was a band that would even fit my engagement ring. Thanks to Quinn on making our special day even better!

Services Used: Jewelry

We had nothing but good experiences at Quinn's. We can't rate them on "Flexibility" since we didn't have any requests/needs that put them to that test.

Kristin
10/07/2005
2.6

I still have mixed feelings about our experience at Quinn's. My husband insisted on using them because his friend had purchased an engagement ring there and they came highly recommended.

I was very specific in the type of ring I wanted. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We felt like they were bending over backwards to work with us. We were upfront from the beginning out the amount of money would could spend and the type of ring I wanted. I was assured this wouldn't be a problem.

Well, it was.

The jewelry woman who worked with us kept showing us diamonds that were, frankly, crap. Bad colors, large flaws, bad cuts. Maybe she thought I wouldn't notice? I think she was trying to keep the diamond cheap to afford the setting we wanted. By the end of one session, she would look at a diamond, realize I wasn't going to find it acceptable, say, "I won't even bother to show you that." and move one. It was a little exasperating. I was willing to fudge on size, and a little on color, and even a little on clarity, but I refused to lower my standards completely and I didn't feel like I should. I really wanted an emerald shaped diamond with a radiant cut. These seemed impossible to find and I finally settled on an emerald cut diamond.

When we started, we were clear that I wanted a three stone ring. With the price of this diamond and likely price of the setting, we weren't going to be able to afford the side stones I wanted. Looking back, that's when we should have walked away.

Then came the battle of the settings. I was also very specific in the type of setting I wanted. Everything I was shown was also crap-poor craftsmanship, bad welding. At one point, the sales woman even called one of their own expert welders (I hope that's the right word-welder) down to ask his opinion about a band I had rejected. He agreed with me saying something along the lines of, "Of course she doesn't like it. I don't blame her!" From a tray of generic bands, I finally settled on one that had small emerald-cut side stones which matched my center stone well. They weren't radiant cut, but I believed the representatives when they said I wouldn't be able to find a ring like the one I wanted for less than $8000-more than we wanted to spend.

Through this whole process, the woman who assisted us was always professional and helpful. While she did seem to put a lot of effort into finding a a diamond that met my approval, it still confusing me why she couldn't find a radiant cut diamond. There were times I found the sales staff pushy and overbearing. But it wasn't until after the ring was purchased I felt a "cold shoulder". I went in to get my ring cleaned one day and asked if there was something I could do to help keep my diamond clean. (I was even willing to buy their custom cleaners if they had offered!) The woman looked at me like I was an idiot and informed me it's impossible to keep emerald cuts clean. I didn't like the inference that I should have picked a different stone. (Never mind that my intent had been a different stone!) That was the last time we went to Quinn's.

When we were shopping for wedding bands, I refused to go to Quinn's. It was helpful they never followed up with us to try and sell us bands. I thought for sure we could find a better deal elsewhere. After going to several places, we ended up at Jared. Can you believe they had the exact three-stone, emerald-shape, radiant-cut, intricate-platinum-setting ring I wanted for *less* than we wanted to spend? My heart sank.

Do I love my ring? Yes. Do I wish we had shopped around more? Yes. Would I recommend Quinn's? Only if you can afford it and don't care about the money you're spending. But if you're on a budget, go to Jared. I know their commercials are annoying, but we didn't see a better value for your money anywhere else--even the Gem & Jewelry Shows were more pricey.

Jenny
1 Review
[Private]
1.0

When I was visiting my parents from out-of-town, I decided to take my engagement ring and wedding band set to Quinn's for resizing because of their word-of-mouth reputation for great jewelry experiences. I could not have been more disappointed by their service and lack of compassion. Their goldsmith ruined my ring set. My fiance and I are now to the point where the rings are beyond repair and have to purchase a new mounting. My rings were sized down from a 7 to a 5 1/2 - the finished size was fine. My rings were yellow and white gold - the majority of the band was white gold with a yellow gold portion sautered onto either side of the diamonds for both the engagement ring and wedding band. Well, after the rings were resized, the goldsmith (per his words) gave the rings to someone else at the jewelry store to dip into rhodium. From what I understand this is a common practice to make the white gold shiny again. I would not have had a problem with this except they covered the yellow gold portions of my ring, turning them silver colored. When I picked up my rings from resizing, I immediately had to go to the airport for a flight back to FL, my home. It was a hectic week and I did not notice until I returned to FL what had happened to the yellow gold portion of the rings. Quinn's offered to have me ship them back to VA to be fixed; I was happy to hear their responsiveness. The woman I spoke to on the phone stated that she could even see in the pictures they took of my ring in their computer system that the rings were two-toned. Once the rings were back at their shop, I received a call from the goldsmith. He claimed my rings were gold-plated and if he took the rhodium off, they would still be all white gold and not two-toned anymore. I looked at the certificate for my rings - they were not gold-plated. My fiance called the jewelry store where we purchased the rings and they stated they do NOT sell gold-plated jewelry. I scanned the certificate and sent it to Quinn's; we told the goldsmith what the jewelers said and he still argued with us. I suspected he was simply going to place gold plating over the portions of the rings that were yellow gold and not even take the rhodium off (it can be buffed off). He assured me that he wasn't going to do this. However, once the rings made their way back to FL (btw, Quinn's shipped them back to me uninsured, even though I sent them insured), it was quite obvious that he put gold plating over the rhodium. The rings looked cheap and horrible. There are also portions of rhodium built up among the small diamonds around the solitaire. We took the ring to a jeweler here in FL and found out that the rings are now beyond repair and our only alternatives are to either purchase a new mounting or rings set altogether. Quinns has since refunded the money we paid for the resizing, but ultimately have ruined something that was supposed to be with me for my lifetime. So much for "master goldsmiths".