Quinn's Goldsmith

Your Diamond Store - 1st Place Design Winner IJO 2014

199 Union Street
P.O. Box 605
Occoquan, VA 22125 | map
Jewelry: Custom Engagement Rings, Custom Wedding Bands, Desig...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a custom wedding band made at Quinn's in Occoquan to fit around a vintage engagement ring that was my mother-in-law's. The band fits perfectly and looks amazing with my engagement ring! The whole process was very simple and fast as well. i just took my engagement ring in to the shop and the jeweler drew up a design and price quote right there. He also knocked off a couple hundred dollars from the price of the custom band because I had to wait (for a very short time) when I got there for an appointment. I also returned to Quinn's to buy my husband's wedding band, which also went seamlessly thanks to the educated customer associates in the shop. After buying our bands at Quinn's, they also sent us a gift card and a personal, handwritten note congratulating us on our engagement/marriage. I would definitely recommend Quinn's!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We purchased my engagement ring and wedding band from Quinn's and the service was always exceptional!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David and I would like to thank each of you who were involved in the best day of my life! Reza and Sydney were absolutely wonderful to David in helping with all of the details in planning a perfect engagement! The window display was simply amazing!!!! Quinn's was there for him every step of the way! In addition, everyone was extremely nice!!!! Thank you ALL for being such a special part of our engagement!

Cristen Hanner

• Wedding: 1+ year ago

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I brought the diamond my fiancé got in Hong Kong here and we picked out a setting. The final result is amazing! I love my ring! The staff was extremely friendly and even rushed to get my ring done early bc of my work constraints. Absolutely beautiful :-)

• Wedding: 07/06/2012
Janine
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband had my BEAUTIFUL custom engagement ring designed by Quinn's Goldsmith. He was originally turned onto them through a friend and was so glad he made the connection.

My ring is a STUNNING cushion cut center diamond surrounded by small pavet stones and a very thin band. It was everything I wanted! We ended up getting our wedding bands there as well. Mine was 2 thin bands of black diamonds to surround the engagement ring. GORGEOUS!!

I highly recommend Quinn's for their service, speed and detail.

• Wedding: 04/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Quinn's did an amazing job on my engagement ring and our wedding bands. They have great service and we plan on buying many more items there!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Quinn's Goldsmith is an amazing company to work with and I cannot begin to say enough good things about them. When my fiance proposed, he had originally bought my setting and diamond from a large nationally known company only to find out upon independent appraisal for insurance purposes that the ring appraised for about 50% of what he had paid for it less than 30 days earlier. Needless to say, we were extremely upset, since the large national company had failed to fully disclose all of the characteristics of the IGI certified diamond that made the value of the diamond plummet (while still charging the price of what a nearly perfect diamond is worth). As a result, we returned my diamond to the national company after they refused to return the price difference of what the diamond was truly worth. My fiance contacted Sydney at Quinn's Goldsmith to look into getting another diamond. However, my family was coming in from out of town within a few days of this occurrence and had yet to see my ring which both my finance and I were very disappointed about. When Sydney heard about this, she bent over backwards to find out the exact specs my fiance was looking for in a diamond and worked with the rest of Quinn's staff to overnight four diamonds from various locations just so that my fiance could come and see them in person (one of which Quinn's obtained an expedited certification on just so it could get to the store on the day my fiance was coming to look at diamonds). Once my fiance picked the diamond, they expedited mounting the diamond so that I could have the ring on my hand in time for my out-of-town family to see when they arrived- which meant more to me than they will ever know. The special thing about Quinn's is that they recognized the importance of this for me without my fiance or I ever having to tell them- they were the ones who offered to have it rectified in time for my family's arrival. For a turn-around time of approximately three days to help out customers that had been taken advantage of by another store speaks volumes regarding the character of Quinn's as a business. To find a store that goes so far out of their way for first time customers, I can only imagine the customer service they provide to those who are returning customers. Everyone we interacted with at Quinn's was professional, incredibly helpful, and a joy to work with. They kept us updated on the status of the diamond shipments and mounting over the 3 days they worked with us and as a result, made my finance's ring purchase a pleasant experience. We had never shopped at Quinn's before, but they have truly made lifelong customers of us. Although they do not carry the setting I specifically want for my wedding band, they have offered to custom make it or have the brand name setting special ordered for me. We will definitely be returning to purchase both of our bands from Quinn's. I highly recommend Quinn's for any jewelry purchases. They are wonderful to work with and truly put the customer first in a genuine way- a trait hard to find in today's retail businesses! A very special thank you to Quinn's (and especially Sydney) for taking a bad experience created by another company and turning it into a truly positive experience with an absolutely beautiful diamond to show for it!

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Quinns was great for buying a ring. Syndey and Reza and all the staff were so helpful, friendly and easy to deal with. Great experience and I would recommend them to anyone. We will definitely head back there for our wedding bands.

• Wedding: 04/24/2010
Greg
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Quinn's was absolutely amazing. They help throughout the whole process and even sent us a wedding gift after our wedding date.

• Wedding: 08/22/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

To be frank, I went into the whole ring-buying process somewhat mortified. My fiance (at the time, girlfriend) not only openly shunned the idea of a diamond engagement ring, but implied she wanted a cushion cut aquamarine as her ring's focal point. This presented two problems, the first, and most evident of which was finding a suitable aquamarine engagement ring (that suited her simple tastes and her multiple criterion). I quickly realized that she needed to be part of the ring-making process, and decided to put the cart before the horse and purchased a simple yet elegant Tiffany's wedding band--with which I would propose. Post-proposal the second major problem (or question) became readily evident: who should make the ring? I had already gone to Quinn's to see if Terry might be willing to find me a deep blue cushion cut aquamarine (which, by happenstance, arrived the day after my proposal). The stone was (and is) gorgeous. After a considerable amount of deliberation, we decided that Reza should make her ring, and it was at this point that some of my cost-related fears began to boil to the surface. With the knowledge that I would soon be buying an engagement ring, I diligently filled my coffers. However, as a (relatively) freshly minted graduate who accumulated a significant amount of debt (in the form of student loans), I would be lying if I didn't say I was truly concerned about the price, especially in light of the fact that the ring was being custom made to match the ring with which I proposed. We met with Reza--deciding her ring would be a happy marriage of two different designer rings and incorporate elements from the ring with which I proposed--and Reza was extremely attuned to her concerns as well as mine. Reza was there throughout the entire process, fielding our concerns, asking for our input, and making sure we were present at every stage of the ring's development.

We picked the ring up two days ago, still somewhat unsure what the final product would look like (though we had some idea since we had seen its wax mold). What we were confronted with was a ring that not only met every one of our expectations but exceeded them. Reza not only realized (and captured) my fiance's vision, but went beyond it. I am glad that I went to Quinn's instead of purchasing a designer setting insofar as those those designer settings are no match to what Quinn's excellent ring designers are capable of producing. I am happy that I chose Quinn's, and I am forever indebted for Reza not only for the time and energy he put into our ring, but for his keen insight as well as his sensitivity to our various concerns. Though we are moving this summer, Quinn's is and will remain the only place I will ever go to have jewelry made!

• Wedding: 05/22/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Quinn's Goldsmith. I first met Terry, the owner, at the bridal show in Chantilly. We worked with Terry to find my husband and my wedding ring. I was looking for a specific look, so Terry offered to customize the band within my budget. Terry was responsive and when he said he was going to call back, he called back. I believe he gave us a reasonable price. I plan to use him as our jeweler as long as we live in this area!

• Wedding: 09/20/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The whole of Quinn's Goldsmith is amazing. The staff is helpful and professional, but in a way that also makes you feel like a friend. Terry Quinn himself is amazing and knowledgable, and does everything in his power to make his customers happy. I came in to get my wedding ring cleaned, and some stones were very loose. he was able to show me how the stones wiggled in the setting, which I'll admit made me a bit upset. He not only fixed the setting and secured the stones for me, he rhodium flashed the white gold of my ring to make it really shine. And he did this all only for the cost of the jeweler's time. A truly amazing place, and I will absolutely go back again and again.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a copy of my grandmother's ring made. Hers is a thin hand-engraved band. The artist there made a perfect remake of the ring. I shall treasure it the rest of my life.

• Wedding: 07/05/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Quinn's. My husband spent several weeks there deciding on my engagement ring. They were so helpful and made the experience really enjoyable for him. He is proud of his purchase because he knows that it's quality and it's backed by Quinn's name. The ring is absolutely beautiful. We returned to the store to get it sized and got it back immediately. We also had a custom wedding band made. The engagement band curves to the point that a basic band would not fit against it. The custom jeweler at Quinn's designed a mold and created a stunning ring to compliment the set. Every time we have needed something from Quinn's they make every effort to accomodate us. We are both relatively young and appreciate the respect shown to us by Quinn's staff. If you are in need of custom or bridal jewelry I highly recommend this jeweler.

• Wedding: 05/24/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They honored a lower price I found online for my Tacori wedding band without hesitating. We had exceptional service from the moment we walked in the door!

• Wedding: 10/20/2007
Jennifer
703-494-1662
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards