Reviews (13)
Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We ordered our cake from the Casselberry Commons store. Best. Idea. Ever. We picked a template from the book and customized every part of it at no extra charge. The cake decorator is truly talented and willing to help out in any way. She even made an original filling for us. Customer service is of upmost quality, product is beautiful and delicious, and price is extremely reasonable. So glad we chose this route.
Wedding: 05/07/2011
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
We wanted to use Publix for our wedding cake but when we picked out the cake we wanted from their selection we were told they could not put the flowers on the cake that they advertised, why have a cake pictued that you cannot make, we ended up going with another bakery for this reason, we love publix cakes and was very disappointed that they were not able to make a cake they advertise..We didn't understand why they would advertise a cake they could not make...
Wedding: 04/02/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was a little nervous about ordering my flowers from a supermarket, but I couldn't have been happier on my wedding day! I met with the florist and told her exactly what I wanted and she did not disappoint. Cathy did a phenomenal job and it was so affordable compared to other "florists" out there. If you're on a budget, I recommend you look into using your local Publix florist!
Wedding: 12/31/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This review is for the Bakery Department at the Winter Park Village location. I ordered our wedding cake through Publix and was really pleased. I was concerned that the cakes may not be decorated consistently to look like the pictures online, but I was wrong!

We chose the "Our First Dance" cake and one of my close friends made a cake topper from my wedding flowers. The end result looked like a much more expensive cake that rivaled many of the cakes I saw at bridal shows that were much more expensive. Other local bakeries wanted to charge from $4-$7 per slice of cake and I just couldn't fathom spending that much so I decided to go with Publix; who was less than $2.50 per slice.

You have the ability to choose the size, types of cake, and filling for each layer. We went with a vanilla cake with buttercream icing and alternating fillings of raspberry and vanilla custard - delicious!

Keep in mind you have to order the cake at least four weeks in advance. Another great service Publix offers was the ability to deliver the cake for you for a minimal fee.

The cake was beautiful, tasted fresh, was made exactly per our order, and delivered on time. I would not hesitate to use this Publix Bakery again for another special occasion.
Wedding: 10/17/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I got my flowers from the Dr. Phillips store in Orlando. My wedding was in a garden so I wanted an overall look rather than specific flowers. I brought in pictures of things I liked, and Dawn did a wonderful job recreating what I had in my head. The value was amazing, and everything was beautiful. They don't usually deliver the flowers, but picking them up just saved us more money!
Wedding: 10/10/2009

Robin 5 Reviews
Publix makes great cakes and also works very closely with you to ensure excellence in design and taste.I was pleased with their customer service and thank them for their good advice.
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Regina 5 Reviews
We did a quick order with them in store.Our flowers where very pretty we loved the work they did on them.It was a great addition to our wedding and went well with the linens we had.Publix always does a fantastic job with in store service.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
PerfePerfect!!!! The cake was beautiful and tasted even better. I was caught giving a thumb up during the cake cutting, it was that good!!!
Wedding: 01/03/2009

Kim 5 Reviews
Flower where very inexpensive.We got some good help and where able to see a lot of what we where going to order.Flowers stayed fresh for the whole duration of our wedding.They looked beautiful and livened up our venue.

Annie 5 Reviews
We didn't need a huge cake so we decided to have Publix design a classic white cake for us.It turned out very nice and looked very professional.The fillings worked very good with the frosting and the cake melted in your mouth.I was really impressed with bakers they definitely exceeded my super market expectations.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Who would think to go to the supermarket for their wedding day flowers!? I was on a budget, and flowers were not the focus of our wedding. I wanted Roses and Hydrangeas. Other florist told me Hydrangeas were not in season. When I mentioned to the florist at Publix that I really loved Hydrangea she told me no problem. Needless to say our wedding day flowers were beautiful. Everyone commented on how pretty they were, and were shocked to find out we got them from Publix. Even people that were not at the wedding, and were looking at our pictures commented on the flowers. The best part of it was that we paid half the amount that the florist we visited we going to charge.
Publix also decorated our wedding cake. I brought in a picture and it looked identical. We had three tiers and each was a different flavor. It was delicious! Thanks Publix.
Wedding: 03/01/2008
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Flowers

Dan 5 Reviews
Publix has a well equipped floral department.When we stopped by we took a look at some of their examples and we where definitely excited.They have some professional help working there because we didn't expect to receive such beautiful stylish flowers.Our guests where very impressed.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Oh, you should have seen my wedding cake! It was incredibly beautiful and tasted awesome. People were shocked to know that it was done by a supermarket bakery. The staff at Publix in Winter Park were helpful and even though we pick our cake from their catalog which showed a white cake. The suggested color combinations and placement based on our wedding colors were terrific. We were first unsure of how it would look but the lady I think her name is Maria told us that it would look great. we trusted her expertise and boy, was she right!
I would certainly tell everyone to get their cake made at Publix since they are reasonable and don't charge per slice or based on the number of guests you are having. We certainly saved money. Our cake cost $300 including tax.
Try a supermarket first you may be surprised at the fantastic results.
Wedding: 05/27/2007