Reviews (28)
Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We were very happy with the entire experience with Publix Bakery on Folly Road. We were able to design our own cake from pictures we had and sample photos on their website. They matched the color of frosting for the cupcakes to the bridesmaid dresses. The order was placed 2-3 weeks prior to the event. The delivery and setup was on time and professional. The cakes were delicious and beautiful. Definitely would recommend for any special event.
Wedding: 05/04/2013

Valarie 5 Reviews
Our wedding cake looked amazing and tasted great!
I work in event planning and have seen many bakeries, but Publix is by far the best I have ever dealt with!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was not our first Publix wedding cake! My husband and I used them for our reception 7 years ago and knew, first hand, just how delicious their cakes are. When I first brought the idea up to my daughter, she was skeptical. Until they offered a sampler! She ordered the sampler and took it to my husband's work for a cake testing. They were both very impressed!

She ordered what is without a doubt the most beautiful cake I have ever seen from the Publix on Johns Island! The taste was a wonderful as the presentation!

The price was well within our budget and they delivered it to our venue for a nominal charge!
Wedding: 03/23/2013

Private User 6 Reviews
My daughter wanted a small cake and lots of pick up dessert items for her wedding reception. We ordered them at the Publix in Mount Pleasant and were very pleased. The small two-tiered carrot cake was pretty and delicious, as were all the items on the various dessert platters. The quality couldn't have been better and the cost was a fraction of what it would have been from a caterer.
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 3 Reviews
I had tasted cake from Publix at two different weddings before mine. I would never have believed a supermarket deli/bakery could do as good a job as they do. Everybody loved it.

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The cake was beautiful! And So many guests commented on how good it tasted. Affordable price with great quality!
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

hammons 6 Reviews
I used the Publix in Goose Creek, SC for my wedding cake. The cake was great, however, they said they could match the color of the scrollwork to the swatch I provided them, and it did not come out that close. It was supposed to match the bridesmaids dresses in Lapis (a dark purple) but it came out looking blue. Everything was set up on time and looked good, and they put on my cake topper for me as well.
Wedding: 09/01/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Alison 6 Reviews
We got our 3-tiered BEAUTIFUL cake from the Publix near Sullivan's Island in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It was so delicious and an amazing value. The crew there was fantastic to work with, from the easy and yummy cake tasting to the delivery. They can customize cake and filling flavors, as they did with one of our layers, a 'pina colada' layer. We had so many guests comment on how delicious the cake was, and while they were shocked it came from Publix, we were just so pleased! Great value for beautiful execution and delicious cake.
Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our cake done by Kristen with the Publix Bakery at Ben Sawyer Rd. We used one of their basic designs but we made changes to the color and we used our own stand and sea shells and it was absolutely perfect. They were SO completely 100% accommodating to everything we wanted and when they were making the cake, they called us to clarify things if there was even a slight doubt, since we had a custom design. When we paid for the cake, the manager assured me that everything would be perfect and they would take care of everything and they were right. It was even the manager that delivered the cake and I almost cried when I saw him with it! And, seriously, it was one of the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever eaten! So many people were raving about it and still are mentioning it a month later. I would HIGHLY recommend publix for a delicious, beautiful cake!!
Wedding: 05/26/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Publix on Folly Road was fantastic. Our cake was lovely and so tasty! It was delivered on time, fed way more people than they said it would and they provided a box for our top tier to be saved in. We also ordered lunch for our family on the day of for the wedding and could not have been more pleased with the service they provided.
Wedding: 03/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We went to the Publix in Mount Pleasant. They were so helpful with pricing and decorations. The cake was awesome.....all of the guests were very impressed and thought the cake had come from a high end bakery. The price and quality can't be beat. They were on time for delivery and the cake tasted wonderful. We were able to get a cake that fed 150 people at a fraction of the price compared to a specialty bakery. We had vanilla with buttercream and lemon with buttercream as our flavors.....delicious!
Wedding: 10/15/2011
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The cake was delicious. It seems a bit expensive though, and they do not have a very good system for ordering. I will still buy cakes from them again though, for the taste!
Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best cake for the money by far! Ours cost $500 less for the exact same thing that was being quoted by other area bakeries. A great option to save money if you want something simple and delicious!
Wedding: 10/09/2010

emily0424 5 Reviews
The cake was beautiful and they let us add personal touches to the style of the cake. We also had publix do cakes for the rehearsal dinner and they turned out wonderful. I tried other bakery's and publix cake was the mose moist and definitely that tastiest! :)
Wedding: 06/19/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful cake. Lots of choices. Very reasonable in price and they were very glad to help.
Wedding: 05/15/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Publix cakes are great! The design was exactly what I wanted. My guests all said how great the cake was! I would definitely recommend Publix Bakery!!
Wedding: 01/23/2010