Publix Bakery

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Publix saved my wedding!! Our original cake lady backed out a week before our wedding and Publix said they would be able to do a cake on such short notice. The cake was amazing and looked amazing.
Wedding: 06/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Perfect cake. I got exactly what I ordered. It looked perfect and taste amazing. Thanks for everything publix. You made our day extra special.
Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I LOVED our wedding cake from Publix! They were super easy to walk in and make an order, the cake looked great, but most importantly, it tasted amazing! I hate wedding cakes that taste too sugary, so we were really pleased with how ours turned out. We actually got a three tiered cake and a small sheet cake to be cut in the back just in case we didn't have quite enough. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for better. Delivery and everything.

The only con I have is that they deliver it on a silver cake round that didn't match our decor and stuck out over our cake stand. They don't rent cake stands so I searched high and low for a stand bigger than our 12" cake! All I could find was one that was 13", but the round was 14" so that was a teensy bit annoying...but all in all, it looked great.
Wedding: 11/03/2013

Billie 2 Reviews
My cake was perfect. It looked just like the picture. The taste was magnificent. I will always use publix for my baking needs
Wedding: 09/21/2013

Cherryl 4 Reviews
I never would have thought of getting a wedding or rehearsal dinner cake from Publix ( although they a wonderful supermarket). But my now Daughter-in - law asked Publix Bakery on Johnnie Dodds Rd in Mt. Pleasant, SC. To do the wedding cake and it was both delicious, & beautiful. I wanted to do a cake for the rehearsal dinner. So I called the store and spoke with the same bakery person, Kenya, who was,wonderful. I live in Indiana. I wanted a cake with the Indiana University logo. I explained what I wanted and faxed samples of the IU logo to Kenya. The cake was not only a great hit with my son, it tasted great too. And compared to most wedding cakes, they are very inexpensive.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding cake from Publix was absolutely gorgeous! It also tasted DELICIOUS! I had buttercream icing, with chocolate, vanilla, red velvet and marble layers (4 tiers total.) The icing was ivory and they added beautiful violet colored magnolias. I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful our cake was! I definitely recommend Publix Bakery to all brides!
Wedding: 07/27/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Helen 3 Reviews
Publix provided exactly what we were searching for. The florist listened to our needs and budget and really came through for us. The prices could not be matched anywhere and the final arrangements were as good as any that could be found.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Jessica 5 Reviews
I ordered my cake months ago over the phone and when I called back to confirm, they had a few things wrong because the lady who originally took my order no longer worked there and they were confused on her hand writing, I called back the day before and confirmed location, the day of the wedding they brought it to the wrong place. Luckily, it was very close and they were able to drop off the cake with more then enough time. It looked great and tasted good. I thought the price was good as well. I would recommend Publix bakery, but I would definitely call and confirm a few times before the actual wedding!
Wedding: 06/02/2013

Valarie 5 Reviews
Our wedding cake looked amazing and tasted great!
I work in event planning and have seen many bakeries, but Publix is by far the best I have ever dealt with!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very happy with the entire experience with Publix Bakery on Folly Road. We were able to design our own cake from pictures we had and sample photos on their website. They matched the color of frosting for the cupcakes to the bridesmaid dresses. The order was placed 2-3 weeks prior to the event. The delivery and setup was on time and professional. The cakes were delicious and beautiful. Definitely would recommend for any special event.
Wedding: 05/04/2013

Shelley 7 Reviews
YUMMY!!!! After getting numerous very high estimates I decided to go by Publix. I had heard they did weddings and were very good. What a surprise.... Not only where they 3/4 less than other bakeries, they were delicious! I got tons more desserts and cake for a lot less money. They also delivered and made a special dessert for my daughter with a food allergy. Publix is a definite go to for a wedding bakery :)
Wedding: 03/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was not our first Publix wedding cake! My husband and I used them for our reception 7 years ago and knew, first hand, just how delicious their cakes are. When I first brought the idea up to my daughter, she was skeptical. Until they offered a sampler! She ordered the sampler and took it to my husband's work for a cake testing. They were both very impressed!

She ordered what is without a doubt the most beautiful cake I have ever seen from the Publix on Johns Island! The taste was a wonderful as the presentation!

The price was well within our budget and they delivered it to our venue for a nominal charge!
Wedding: 03/23/2013

Private User 6 Reviews
My daughter wanted a small cake and lots of pick up dessert items for her wedding reception. We ordered them at the Publix in Mount Pleasant and were very pleased. The small two-tiered carrot cake was pretty and delicious, as were all the items on the various dessert platters. The quality couldn't have been better and the cost was a fraction of what it would have been from a caterer.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great thing about Publix cake is it tastes great and looks great! They will work with you to give you what you want. I picked a very classic look with buttercream icing. I loved it. Also, every anniversary we will get our cake made just how it was on our wedding day!!! My wedding planner Mike Winship with Winship Productions also recommended it because he has worked with them often.
Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Publix has delicious cakes and are a great option if you can't afford one from a specialty bakery.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 3 Reviews
I had tasted cake from Publix at two different weddings before mine. I would never have believed a supermarket deli/bakery could do as good a job as they do. Everybody loved it.
Wedding: 1+ year ago