Providence Biltmore

(4.5/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 10 Reviews
We did not get married at the Providence Biltmore but after touring many hotels in the Providence area for our guests to stay at the Biltmore was hands down the best. Joy assisted with the room blocks and she was amazing. Very responsive and willing to work with us to accommodate our needs as well as the needs of our guests. We also decided to host our rehearsal dinner inside the Biltmore on the 18th floor where the city views were breathtaking. Elyce was the coordinator for that and she was also great - willing to work within our budget and very responsive as well. Lastly, I along with my bridesmaids had hair and make up done at the Biltmore Spa. Lisa at the spa handled the coordination of this and she was a pleasure to work with as well. Ling did my makeup and Gabby did my hair and both were fabulous. Highly recommend and it was very convenient having everything there. Our guests all loved the Biltmore as well!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What an amazing night...we were married over New Years and I can not rave enough about how awesome this place is!! Scott was amazing!!! We originally booked this venue for a vows renewal ceremony for my parents, but little did I know they secretly booked it for my wedding (which I found out a few months later when my fiance proposed!!). That didn't frazzle Scott one bit, we made some adjustments to the menu and added a few enhancements.

From start to finish, everything was flawless. Scott was not overbearing, and offered suggestions - only as needed!! Everything was perfect!! When he walked us into the room before the reception started, we were blown away!! It was gorgeous, and he really captured the vibe we were trying portray for our New Years event. Black tie, classy, elegant but with a "party" feel. It was just amazing on all fronts!!! All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and super helpful. Oh, and the food/drinks - delicioso!!!Truly an amazing event, so much so people are still raving about it!!! Scott is an all-star and I would recommend him working with anyone, and the Biltmore - you can't beat it, it's beautiful!!!!

Oh, Joy L. in the reservation department is amazing!! She kept me up to date with my block information, was super friendly, personally made changes as needed when I requested. I was VERY happy with the service as well as all the front door staff and valet staff. Everyone made us feel special!!

The only complaint that I would have is that my room wasn't available when I checked in, and even though they offered me a few drink tickets to McCormicks, we didn't get up there until far past the 3PM checkin time (on a Monday which was weird) and I was scrambling before my rehearsal dinner to get dressed (not to mention thinking how my dress was stuffed in the garment bag every second I was waiting). But that is all I can say because everyone was amazing!! Thank you sooooo much for a night to remember forever!!!!
Wedding: 12/31/2013

KatieBrown213 7 Reviews
We held our Ceremony and reception at the Biltmore. It was absolutely PERFECT. We really wanted that old Hollywood glamour/ Great Gatsby feel to our wedding and this venue was perfect! It has so much glamour and vintage charm. We had our ceremony in the Garden Room, and reception in the grand ballroom. All the spaces are unique in their own way and so beautiful! We had a lot of our guests stay overnight which was nice and convenient. The food was AMAZING. Wedding food is usually not so great when made in large amounts..but this food was incredible! Our guests are still raving about it. Scott was a pleasure to work with. He is a little hard to get ahold of at times, but they do hold a LOT of weddings there so I assume he is very busy! He helped our day run smoothly. I cant say enough good things about the Biltmore! It was perfect!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
How do you start a review of the most wonderful place I have ever dealt with. From the very first meeting with Scott Connery to the day after the wedding everything was beyond perfection. Scott assisted us in the meal planning and his recommendations for everything made the day so much more special from the signature salad to the mix grill to the desert table people are still talking about the food. The cocktail hour on the 3rd floor veranda was nothing less than spectacular. Awe had passed items during the cocktail hour and the waiters could not have been more personable. We then went to the 17th floor for a candlelight reception which Scott and Kati took care of making sure the room was set up exactly as we dreamed it would be. From the moment we lined up to the last dance everything ran like clockwork. We did not per say have a head table but our table had its own waiter that made sure our every need was taken care of. The meal ended with the flambé that was a real crowd pleaser! I We had spoken with many people before booking the Biltmore Hotel and everyone said how wonderful Scott and his staff where but we never dreamed it would be so easy and eloquent. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone and I am one tough critic! I am also happy to say that our wedding was the first legal gay wedding to take place and the staff was so excited about that!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
3.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Private User 2 Reviews
-The Biltmore is a beautiful venue and we had lots of fun.
-The food was delicious and plenty to go around. No one went home hungry.
-I do not think it was worth the money.
- Table decor went missing during the clean up. We came back the next day and no one knew where it went.

We use this venue for reception only
3.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 2 Reviews
We decided to use the Biltmore in Providence as our hotel for the weekend of our wedding. Our actual wedding was held somewhere else. We ran into a few issues with the hotel. Our guest were unable to check in at 3pm as promised. In fact most were not able to check in until after the wedding was over. Another issue we had was the hotel did not provide our guest with the hotel bags we had given them to give out at check in. This had the information about shuttle service and breakfast the next morning we were providing at the hotel.

The breakfast buffet the next morning for the people who did attend was wonderful. The waitstaff was great and very attentive. The rooms were also another plus.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Travel, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used the Biltmore for our wedding accommodations and morning-after brunch, but had our ceremony and reception elsewhere. The bridal suite was massive and gorgeous, but had a lot of slightly broken items and on Friday night I had to put spa music on my ipod at full blast because I could hear the reception party going on in the room above the bridal suite. It was an excellent place to get ready with my bridal party on Saturday morning, though. We did our first look at the Biltmore, which was beautiful. They coordinated the bus shuttle we used to transport guests and gave our guests, and us, excellent prices on our rooms. The next morning we had our farewell breakfast in the L'Apogee room and it was awesome. The food was great and the views were gorgeous. I am so happy with how the Biltmore helped us on our wedding weekend. And they handed out all our gift bags flawlessly! Joy was a pleasure to work with and very responsive.
Wedding: 08/03/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely loved working with the staff at the Biltmore, Scott Connery was especially helpful and accommodating. The service during our wedding was unbelievable, many of our guests commented on both that and the food. The Biltmore did an amazing job carrying out our vision for our wedding. Brunch the next day was great as well. The hotel is in the process of being renovated, the ballroom has been completely updated and it looks beautiful!
Wedding: 06/29/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
The Providence Biltmore Hotel is a fantastic venue! The ballroom is absolutely gorgeous and there's nothing like it around as far as wedding venues goes. Scott is the wedding coordinator at the Biltmore and he works incredibly hard to make sure his brides are happy. He is professional, flexible, and just a pleasure to deal with. Scott knows his stuff and goes the extra mile to make your day perfect! We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Scott, thank you so much!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
By far the best hotel to have a wedding at not only for the unique character that this hotel has but the staff starting with Scott Connery and working all the way down to bell hops and Valet. The Providence Biltmore is a top notch run hotel and it shows. Being an involved groom I got dragged to many places and met many wedding coordinates that had beautiful function rooms but there personalities did not mesh well with ours and for that reason only we did not book their place. When we met with Scott we thought he was going to be another wedding coordinator who knew he had a great hotel and we were going to pay an arm and a leg for the venue, I could not have been more wrong. Scott was a sheer pleasure to talk to and work with. He was extremely accommodating and never hit us with hidden cost or surprises. He ensured a perfect day and he came through for us. He had a lot on his plate in accommodating two differently family styles along with a renovation that was happening at the hotel. I truly thought he would not have been able to pull it off…. I was wrong again. Scott came through like a champ and everything that was promised he made happen and then some. He made sure every detail was perfect and kept us on budget. He never once tried to push our budget or up sell however he worked within our budget to create a jaw dropping wedding that our friends and family will never forget and will talk about for years to come. All his recommendations were a perfect fit for us and just proved that a good wedding coordinator makes life easier on the bride and groom and that is exactly what Scott did for us. Guys and Girls out there who are trying to plan an “ok” wedding then go with any hotel or any wedding coordinator… However if you want to have a one of a kind wedding that goes off perfectly than make an appointment to meet with Scott at the Biltmore because I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

Joe & Kim
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The MOST PERFECT venue! There are not enough words to express just how perfect our wedding weekend was at the Biltmore! Scott and his team truly brought a year's planning (and all my dreams) to life! From the exquisite bridal suite to the L'Apogee Lounge and Grand Ballroom, our wedding was flawless! The food and service were incredible. The sales team, caterers, receptionists, housekeepers, valets, and bellmen (among others) all treated us like movie stars! We cannot wait to return for many more stays at the Biltmore.
Wedding: 01/19/2013
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
2.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Anonymous 7 Reviews
My wedding was a spectacular night thanks to my family, friends and the band- but it was not particularly thanks to the Biltmore. I will tell you exactly what worked and exactly what I consider to be flops on the Biltmore's part...

Going as far back as a year and half before the wedding when we were still shopping venues, we met with Scott the wedding planner and he assured us that the historical elevator (which is the focal point in the lobby) would be up and running by next summer. Ofcourse it wasn't, but we were not holding our breath. It seemed like he was very eager to please and knew just the right things to say to all of our inquiries.

Leading up to the big day, Scott seemed very capable. He took our personal wants/needs/desires into consideration (even though I had to remind him 3 times about changing the linen colors and other details) and he seemed to forget about conversations and correspondence we had in the past.

The week before the wedding, he told us his mother was sick. We felt bad about this and said we were flexible, arranging around his schedule to drop off items. He was not responding to our emails, he said they were going to his spam folder.

The week before the wedding, he said our minimum total was not met and we had to spend at least $5,000 more dollars. My mother meticulously added up the line items for food and found it was only $1,500 under. A sloppy error or so it seemed!

The day before the wedding as I was busily preparing for the rehearsal dinner, he called me to say he forgot to go over the seating chart with me. I emailed it to him AGAIN.

The day of the reception, we waited in the limo for someone to greet us outside of the Bitlmore for 15 minutes before I finally said that time was a'wasting and took the initiative to go in. When we arrived, Scott- who had been our contact person for the last year and a half and knew the ins and outs of our plan was not there. A woman met us and quickly introduced herself, saying Scott was not able to make it (she knew nothing about his mother being ill). It would have been nice if Scott had warned us that he might not be there, seeing as I talked to him just the day before. This seemed underhanded. The woman proceeded to herd us through the lobby and up to the grand ball room to go over our seating chart- Which was missing table 9 all together! She did not know what time the band was arriving, where the designated carts were supposed to go, etc. Also, Scott had promised not to put a table in front of the DJ booth, but there it was. We missed the first 40 minutes of our cocktail hour because this woman was frazzling us all over the place- NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD HAVE TO DO ON YOUR WEDDING DAY! Also, amidst the chaos of the moment, since we were rushed upstairs, we never got the iconic picture of the bride and groom on the lobby stairs in front of the brass elevator! This was a very sad realization for us after the fact.

The food was good. Very good. People raved about it. They did change my choice of "herbed salmon" to "salmon with mango Salsa" without authority to do so. This could have turned out bad if I hated mangos- but thankfully, it was good. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, shrimp yummy and caprese salad fresh, the desserts exceptional. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly, as well.

The substitute wedding coordinator left at 9, leaving us in the hands of the intern for the last hour. This girl was very sweet, but did not have the level of professionalism necessary for the price we paid. She interrupted our last dance and was trying to have a conversation with us about the room, gifts, etc.

After the party, the room keys to the honeymoon suite did not work. Here we were raring to go and we had to go back and forth to the lobby 3 times to into the room! There was NO WATER and the beverages that we supplied where no where to be found (still dont know what happened to those!) Scott said that hors'devors from the cocktail hour would be placed in the room, but we had to go to 7/11 around 2am for snacks!

The next day, we had to hunt down some missing items. All except the top of our wedding cake were returned to us. We were disappointed that it was not saved to freeze for our one year anniversary. We were told there was none left, but our cake was proportioned for 180 people and only 150 attended, plus the slices were cut very small. When I mentioned that I would be writing a review, the substitute coordinator made amends to this infraction by offering us a gift certificate to the bakery, which was a subparr solution, but satisfactory and not worth stressing in the end.

I got a follow up email from the substitute coordinator which had my husband's name wrong and then a reply to the seating chart email from Scott two weeks after the wedding. This was unprofessional confusing and seemed like there were some real signals crossing. He never offered an explanation or apology for his absence.

I would like to note that the people in the reservations department went above and beyond. They helped my friends book rooms at discounted rates after the deadline had passed and also arranged for a handicapped guest to be escorted to her room. The bellhops and valet men were friendly and capable. This excellent customer service should be noted because the problems we experienced seemed to be isolated to the actual wedding coordination staff.

If you are thinking about having your wedding at the Biltmore, you cannot beat the view, ambiance, stately beauty and vintage charm of this hotel. The surroundings and accoutrements are pure class. None of our guests (or even our families) knew the shenanigans that were stressing us out. In the end, I said I was going to enjoy my wedding day no matter what- but for the amount of money we paid to have our wedding here, the public deserves to know a true account of what went on before they spend.

I would say it is a gamble to have your wedding here. If you are willing to put in the work yourself to make your night great; following up on little details- then go for it. The Biltmore offered us alot of flexibility to do things our way, which we appreciated. Our guests were impressed with our unique vibe. This was mostly thanks to our ideas and planning though- if you are expecting this crew of people to do it for you, you might rethink another venue to host your special day. In reading the other reviews, it seems like Scott was the missing link in terms of quality of service here. Our Biltmore wedding was memorable and I am happy it happened- for better and for worse, that's for sure!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Friends and family could not stop raving about our wedding event hosted at the Biltmore. Scott and his crew did a flawless job at creating the most memorable day.
Wedding: 06/02/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a fantastic wedding ceremony and reception at the Biltmore. We really enjoyed working with everyone there -- Scott, Kate, and Joy were particularly fabulous.

Our ceremony was in the Garden Room, and Scott and Kate did a fabulous job of making sure that everything went smoothly -- from helping to line up our family and bridal party, to moving our guests quickly and pleasantly through a receiving line and up to the cocktail hour.

Our cocktail hour was in l'apogee and was really lovely. Scott and Kate worked with us to really tailor the food that would be provided and Kate, in particular, did an amazing job displaying all of the family photos and memorabilia that we brought. Kate and Scott also worked with us to source local beers, which was a hit.

Our reception was in the grand ballroom and was really breathtaking. Everything was more amazing than we had imagined. Scott and the chef at the Biltmore worked with us to create alternative entree choices because we did not love the standard options, and the food was even better at our reception than it was at any of the tastings. All of the staff did an incredible job, providing service to us and our guests.

We also had a post-wedding brunch in l'apogee, which was again really wonderful. Scott worked with us to tailor a menu to what we wanted to serve. The food was great, and they used our centerpieces from the night before.

Joy worked with us extensively on our room block. Sending us frequent emails with updates on who had booked and how many rooms remained in the block. She was very accommodating and helpful.

Our only complaint was that we some times did not hear back from people at the Biltmore as quickly as we would have liked. That said, when the wedding day came, everyone was present and responsive.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had an afternoon wedding in the Garden Room. It was beautiful. The space is great for a day wedding. The service was spectacular from top to bottom. They went above and beyond for us throughout the whole process.
Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First and foremost, we would like to thank our wedding coordinators, Scott and Katie. They are what made our day as special and perfect as it was. My husband and I had many requests, and not only were they met, but they were exceeded. They were patient and professional, and very easy to work with. Thank you Scott and Katie! We will forever be grateful.

The Biltmore took our breath away the moment we walked into the grand ballroom. It was nothing we had every seen before (other than in Europe). The architectural details and panoramic views of the city from the 18th floor were simply spectacular!

We would recommend anyone who asks to use the Biltmore as your special venue!
Wedding: 09/04/2011