Prospect Park Picnic House

(4.9 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy I picked the Prospect Park Picnic House for my Wedding!
Christina the coordinator was completely on top of EVERYTHING. Responsive, flexible, amazing.

The staff was fantastic, and the venue was gorgeous!

This venue is very DIY, so it is more work than having a wedding at a place that will provide you with everything but it allows you to really create the day you imagined in your head.
I did not want a cookie cutter wedding in anyway, and the Picnic House allowed me to really make my day feel like it fit my husband and I perfectly.

You have to pick between a hand full of food vendors and I think that is a great idea because the vendors know all the challenges of the venue and work to make it perfect. I used Bon Soir and it was unbelievable how amazing they were. I will write a separate review on them, because i could write for hours about how they rocked it out of the park.

The Picnic House was perfect
Everything went exactly as I had wished and I could not recommend this venue more.

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is simply amazing. It transformed a simple idea for a wedding into a magical one, and we had just sterling service from everyone involved. It helps that you're always the only one to have your venue for that day, and there is so much wonderful stuff you can do with the space.

Everyone at the Prospect Park Alliance is great!

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Picnic House was the most wonderful, perfect venue for our winter wedding. The staff was tremendously nice, the venue gorgeous (brick! working fireplace! windows! light! piano! huge views of the park!) and the association with Prospect Park so great. We could not have imagined a better place to have our wedding. Sarah, Christina, Will, and their staff made sure that we had a wonderful day! Thank you so much, Picnic House--we will always treasure you for being the site of our wedding!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED our wedding at the picnic house. Christina and Sarah were wonderful to work with and the space is so beautiful and convenient. A shame that the prices are rising, but I hear they sometimes run specials...

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding on 10/22/11 was held at the Picnic House, and we couldn't have been happier! One of the most reasonably priced venues in New York City is also one of the most wonderful - beautiful, warm, welcoming. The staff was great!

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great venue and worth every penny. Had ceremony and reception here and loved the environment.

• Wedding: 10/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew we wanted to get married in the park and, of the two venues within the park, the picnic house can accommodate more guests. In the end, we are glad we went with the picnic house for several reasons. First, the list of approved caterers for the picnic house includes caterers that can accommodate a wide range of budgets, whereas there was exclusively one (expensive!) required caterer for the other venue within the park. Second, the events coordinator for the picnic house, Christina, was great to work with. She answered all my questions promptly and made sure specific requests (i.e., lighting the fireplace, hanging signs in the park to direct guests to the picnic house, etc.) were taken care of. Finally, we got a lot of compliments about the uniqueness of our venue.

• Wedding: 12/12/2009

They were AMAZING!!!
when you book your day you can choose ANY 8 block time period you want.
they were always pleasant, communicative, the place was GORGEOUS and JUST PERFECT.
would recommend 100000000%!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 04/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The boathouse of prospect park is a turn of the 20th century Art Nouveau building, very dramatic and perfect for weddings. It overlooks a beautiful lake, and so you can hold your ceremony in front of the water. The weather was great, and so we could have the entire wedding processional outside, and then move inside for the dinner. I wouldn't have chosen another location--my husband and I met in prospect Park, so it was a very fitting and romantic occasion. The people who work at the Boathouse are very helpful in making sure that everything goes off without a hitch. One limitation, though, is the number of people--no more than 80, as the space is limited on the inside.

• Wedding: 06/05/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Picnic House was amazing! We had a very action packed wedding complete with with Buddhist ceremonies, officiant ceremony and a rock 'n roll performance at the end of the night. It was all possible at the Picnic House. We had great weather on our wedding day it was great to have the chance to get married outside in Prospect Park. Also, my contact there Christina was very helpful and responsive. We could not have done it without her.

• Wedding: 06/03/2011
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

During the planning process, Phone calls were rarely answered, but emails were responded to almost immediately. Once things were set, i had the house managers number so it was all good. He put signs up for guests to find. No one got lost, which was my biggest concern, since it is not obvious from the street, but i made sure to include maps with my invitation (I printed the map on 3x5in blank index cards with written directions on the opposite side). The fireplace was great. Its intimate despite being in Brooklyn, you feel like you and your family and friends are partying all on your own. High ceilings and big windows makes the room feel huge, so throwing the bouquet is fun.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 3.0

this is such an amazing and romantic location in the heart of Park Slope Brooklyn. It was truly magical. Build in the 1900's and quaint and classic. The service is great too!

• Wedding: 10/14/2006
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had talked about having the wedding here. We had a lot of early dates in the Park and it is someplace we still enjoy going on the weekends. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. The only thing to note is that it is for smaller weddings. This was perfect for us. We are even thinking of having my parents anniversary party here.

• Wedding: 06/15/2004
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My wife and I fell in love with the venue as soon as we entered it. We knew were having a small wedding (~80 ppl) so this place was the perfect size situated in one of the most beautiful places in Brooklyn. We searched many different venues but the Picnic House hit all the boxes for us.
Location in the park, large list of approved vendors, and beautiful ballroom with 270 degree views of the surroundings were the main reason we chose this venue.
Working with Christina was delightful. She was always on top of things and did not delay in answering our questions as they came up. Very professional.
I would recommend this venue to anyone.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
646-393-9031
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards